X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Series 32 rumours pilfered from the Tardis Wikia
    Spoiler:
    Viewers will see more of the Doctor's TARDIS.

We will see River Song as a child.

Dutch actor Marnix Van Den Broek is rumoured to play a character known as "The Silent". Given the similarity in name to the Silence, it is rumoured that they are the same character.

We will learn of the identity of River Song.[101]This is rumoured to be the cliffhanger to the Spring season.

The Doctor will meet a President of the USA.[103] This is rumoured to be Richard Nixon or John F. Kennedy.

Skaro may be revisited.

One of the episodes will feature a "future Doctor"

There are rumours about Neil Gaiman's story being set in a giant doll's house

There will be a episode with an Egyptian theme.[110][111][112] This looks more positive now that a rumour has surfaced about the redesigned classic Cybermen returning, mummified in a Egyptian tomb, which will be written by Steven Thompson

There will possibly be an episode set in an Ice Base.

The Weeping Angels will return.

There will be a one-off Easter special.

The TARDIS will be cloned.

We will find out who River Song killed. Steven Moffat has said "a good man will die – a good man, and a hero to many."

The Silence will be a completely new enemy, and won't be a villain that has seen before.

Neil Gaiman's story will contain something - or someone - that we have not seen since The War Games.

Newly designed Cybermen will appear in episode 7

Keep in mind that these are only rumours.

Again I thought Moffat didn't like recycling stuff...... Why can't we have the proper genuine cybermen from Mondas up against the ones from Rose's parallel world.... Seeing those two go for it could be fun..
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

And did you know Georgia Moffat is having a baby. So this is our first Dr. Who baby

Unless some's mentioned it already.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        Again I thought Moffat didn't like recycling stuff...... Why can't we have the proper genuine cybermen from Mondas up against the ones from Rose's parallel world.... Seeing those two go for it could be fun..
        Personally I'd be happiest if we just got Mondas Cybermen from here on out. While I enjoyed the Cybus Cybermen invasion in Army of Ghosts, I just really really prefer the existing story.

Anyway LIKE I SAID they're only rumours

And did you know Georgia Moffat is having a baby. So this is our first Dr. Who baby

Maybe Georgia herself might be considered the first Doctor Who baby? Being the daughter of Peter Davison and Trillian from the HHG radio play? (Douglas Adams was a Doctor Who script editor at one point)

Anyway any Tennant/Moffet pregnancy would just further add to the Whovian incestuous insanity. Ten marries the daughter of Five and Trillian (creation of Who script editor Douglas Adams), who herself played the daughter of Ten Incidentally, that also means that Five is Ten's father-in-law, in some twisted space-time-continuum-destroying orgy of insanity.

Not confused enough yet? Let's look at the last insane Whovian relationships.... Tom Baker (Four) married Lalla Ward (Romana). After they divorced, she met her next husband Richard Dawkins (yes, THAT Richard Dawkins) at Douglas Adams' (Adams again!) 40th birthday party.
        Last edited by DigiFluid; 15 January 2011, 05:17 AM.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I consider the Mondas Cybermen the only true Cybermen. The rest are just crappy copies

Comment

I consider the Mondas Cybermen the only true Cybermen. The rest are just crappy copies
            Nonsense....the Cybus Cybermen are as 'true' as the Mondas ones. They're still Cybermen, with the same plans and schemes.

That said though, I don't really want to see any more of them. I love the Mondas Cybermen and their stories. And there's literally millions of years of history in which their stories could be told. There's practically the whole of their history from their creation up till just before Mondas' return in The Tenth Planet. Storytelling-wise, there's really no need for the Cybus Cybermen at all besides maybe just introducing another 'tribe'.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I like the Cybus Cyberman, besides looking awesome I think they are great to use in stories. I loved the way Moffat used the broken one in "The Pandorica Opens."

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Series 32 rumours pilfered from the Tardis Wikia
              Spoiler:
              Viewers will see more of the Doctor's TARDIS.

We will see River Song as a child.

Dutch actor Marnix Van Den Broek is rumoured to play a character known as "The Silent". Given the similarity in name to the Silence, it is rumoured that they are the same character.

We will learn of the identity of River Song.[101]This is rumoured to be the cliffhanger to the Spring season.

The Doctor will meet a President of the USA.[103] This is rumoured to be Richard Nixon or John F. Kennedy.

Skaro may be revisited.

One of the episodes will feature a "future Doctor"

There are rumours about Neil Gaiman's story being set in a giant doll's house

There will be a episode with an Egyptian theme.[110][111][112] This looks more positive now that a rumour has surfaced about the redesigned classic Cybermen returning, mummified in a Egyptian tomb, which will be written by Steven Thompson

There will possibly be an episode set in an Ice Base.

The Weeping Angels will return.

There will be a one-off Easter special.

The TARDIS will be cloned.

We will find out who River Song killed. Steven Moffat has said "a good man will die – a good man, and a hero to many."

The Silence will be a completely new enemy, and won't be a villain that has seen before.

Neil Gaiman's story will contain something - or someone - that we have not seen since The War Games.

Newly designed Cybermen will appear in episode 7

Keep in mind that these are only rumours.
              I love rumors, and if half of these are true I shall be very happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                I like the Cybus Cyberman, besides looking awesome I think they are great to use in stories. I loved the way Moffat used the broken one in "The Pandorica Opens."

Just a little nitpick on that. How many years have the Cybus Cybermen been around? Because there's one at the Pandorica so just how long was he there all broken and stuff?

I hope that because this is New Who they're not just going to ignore the original Cybermen. And if the Daleks were proper Daleks howcome they could not tell the difference?

Comment

I hope that because this is New Who they're just ignoring the original Cybermen
                  Well I wouldn't think so, I think it is likely the original Cybermen will return someday. I mean were they ever defeated? The only thing of classic Who I have seen is The Three Doctors.

Comment

Well I wouldn't think so, I think it is likely the original Cybermen will return someday. I mean were they ever defeated? The only thing of classic Who I have seen is The Three Doctors.

OMG I had worded the sentence wrong and glad you got what I meant. I edited that post to make more sense. I just hope they haven't dropped years of cannon with the Cybermen and are using the Cybus ones as replacements..... I mean they're almost brand new beings. So how long had that one been with the Pandorica it makes no sense.

Comment

OMG I had worded the sentence wrong and glad you got what I meant. I edited that post to make more sense. I just hope they haven't dropped years of cannon with the Cybermen and are using the Cybus ones as replacements..... I mean they're almost brand new beings. So how long had that one been with the Pandorica it makes no sense.
                      I don't believe they have dropped the canon appearance of them, but instead just use the Cybus Cybermen instead. They could still reintroduce the retro Cybermen, as thanks to Digi's Whoniverse themed thread, he listed the time periods in which they appeared.

4.06 "The Moonbase" (2070)
                      19.06 "Earthshock" (2526)
                      5.01 "The Tomb of the Cybermen" (c. 2500)
                      12.05 "Revenge of the Cybermen" (c. 2600)

So it could be possible for Eleven to run into a group of original Cybermen which could have some effect on lowering the numbers his previous versions met in the future. I don't think one being with the Pandorica means anything, because we don't know when it was built so it could have been there for centuries waiting for the Doctor to show up, or even longer.

I had heard Tennant proposed, but not that Moffett was pregnant.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                        the time periods in which they appeared.

4.06 "The Moonbase" (2070)
                        19.06 "Earthshock" (2526)
                        5.01 "The Tomb of the Cybermen" (c. 2500)
                        12.05 "Revenge of the Cybermen" (c. 2600)
                        And that's just the hasn't-happened-yet-IRL appearances. The Cybermen are from Mondas, Earth's twin planet. The Cybermen 'evolved' as their planet away millennia ago, eventually controlling it as a vehicle. With the TARDIS' anywhere/anytime capabilities, the possibilities for running into them are pretty much endless.

Comment

I think they were eventually eradicated after the Cyberwars weren't they? But that's still a good few millennia away and for large periods of history they were as big a threat to the universe as the Daleks. That's one of the things I love about this show, sure the cybermen are eventually defeated, but given we have time travel we can have episodes set when they are still a threat

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                            I think they were eventually eradicated after the Cyberwars weren't they? But that's still a good few millennia away and for large periods of history they were as big a threat to the universe as the Daleks. That's one of the things I love about this show, sure the cybermen are eventually defeated, but given we have time travel we can have episodes set when they are still a threat
                            Yup. They were defeated in the Cyber-Wars in the 2500s. But with Mondas having drifted and their cyber-conversions starting....well, possibly before man had even come down from the trees, the possibilities for Cybermen stories are virtually unlimited

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              I don't think one being with the Pandorica means anything, because we don't know when it was built so it could have been there for centuries waiting for the Doctor to show up, or even longer.

But that was clearly a Cybus version. In fact all the ones in the alliance were. So how could it have been around near the Pandorica for centuries? They only got created a few years ago on "Pete's World"

Comment

But that was clearly a Cybus version. In fact all the ones in the alliance were. So how could it have been around near the Pandorica for centuries? They only got created a few years ago on "Pete's World"
                                Probably deposited there via the Void, like the ones from The Next Doctor. Either that or some cause we haven't seen yet, since we follow the Doctor's timeline rather than an absolute timeline.

Comment

Working...
                                X