This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Probably deposited there via the Void, like the ones from The Next Doctor. Either that or some cause we haven't seen yet, since we follow the Doctor's timeline rather than an absolute timeline.
    Yes but regardless of what timeline you follow the Cybermen from Pete's World cant' be more then a few years old. I don't think the void could send stuff hundreds of years into the past or future.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Yes but regardless of what timeline you follow the Cybermen from Pete's World cant' be more then a few years old. I don't think the void could send stuff hundreds of years into the past or future.
      It did in The Next Doctor.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        It did in The Next Doctor.

Oooh didn't think of that............. OK but maybe for the Pandorica the Cyberman's arrival was controlled so it could arrive and guard the box...........

But even that being counted howcome the Daleks didn't remember the Mondas Cybermen

Comment

But even that being counted howcome the Daleks didn't remember the Mondas Cybermen
          Says who? If I meet someone named Jeff, it doesn't automatically follow that I'll tell him all about the last Jeff I knew.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oooh didn't think of that............. OK but maybe for the Pandorica the Cyberman's arrival was controlled so it could arrive and guard the box...........

Who says they didn't? We never saw the founding of the Pandorica Alliance, for all we know, the reason we only saw it in episode 12 was they spent the first 11 episodes sitting around arguing over whether both types of cybermen were allowed to join or not.

Actually, I'm now loving the idea of an interview type thing with a Dalek, a Cybermen and a Sontaran judge sitting watching as past enemies of the Doctor audition to be part of the Alliance.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
              Who says they didn't? We never saw the founding of the Pandorica Alliance, for all we know, the reason we only saw it in episode 12 was they spent the first 11 episodes sitting around arguing over whether both types of cybermen were allowed to join or not.

Actually, I'm now loving the idea of an interview type thing with a Dalek, a Cybermen and a Sontaran judge sitting watching as past enemies of the Doctor audition to be part of the Alliance.

Me too I wonder how that would have played out.

The Daleks have already done this kind of thing with the Master's remains in the DW movie which I still have not seen in full and want to.

Comment

Given how belligerent the various Alliance species are, I can imagine that it likely went a wee bit past bickering. Some of them would've at least taken potshots at each other. A Judoon would probably look at a Sontaran the wrong way and it'd be a mess. Given how differently the New Paradigm Daleks think from other Daleks seen in the past, they and other species like the Atraxi and the Sycorax would have enough hatred of the Doctor that they would set aside any mutual loathing they have for each other, try to keep the others in line, and focus on trapping the Doctor.
                Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 18 January 2011, 03:47 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                  Given how belligerent the various Alliance species are, I can imagine that it likely went a wee bit past bickering. Some of them would've at least taken potshots at each other. A Judoon would probably look at a Sontaran the wrong way and it'd be a mess. Given how differently the New Paradigm Daleks think from other Daleks seen in the past, they and other species like the Atraxi and the Sycorax would have enough hatred of the Doctor that they would set aside any mutual loathing they have for each other, try to keep the others in line, and focus on trapping the Doctor.

Still makes for good speculation. Can you imagine the scene(s)

What aliens were those giant flying eyes in The 11th Hour? Were they in the alliance?

Comment

Still makes for good speculation. Can you imagine the scene(s)
                    Oh I can imagine. The Cybermen and the Daleks or the Judoon, Sontarans, or Silurians in a... argument then shootout conference.

What aliens were those giant flying eyes in The 11th Hour? Were they in the alliance?
                    Those were the Atraxi and they were in the Alliance too. I guess just one incident with the Doctor (and he did help them catch Prisoner Zero) made them hate him enough to join the Alliance.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      Oh I can imagine. The Cybermen and the Daleks or the Judoon, Sontarans, or Silurians in a... argument then shootout conference.

Those were the Atraxi and they were in the Alliance too. I guess just one incident with the Doctor (and he did help them catch Prisoner Zero) made them hate him enough to join the Alliance.
                      Were they? I didn't see them in the crowd of assembled aliens..... I guess I'll have to freeze frame it.

Hang on how did River Song remember to give Amy the blue diary now blank so she could get the Doctor back if everything has been reset? Shouldn't her memory also have been reset?

Comment

Were they? I didn't see them in the crowd of assembled aliens..... I guess I'll have to freeze frame it.

Hang on how did River Song remember to give Amy the blue diary now blank so she could get the Doctor back if everything has been reset? Shouldn't her memory also have been reset?
                        Moffat has hinted that's a question we should be speculating about

Comment

Moffat has hinted that's a question we should be speculating about

Well go on........ Speculate

Comment

Maybe she's outside of time somehow, LIKE A TIME LORD!!!!!!!!

Because that argument totally needs more fuel.

Comment

Maybe she's outside of time somehow, LIKE A TIME LORD!!!!!!!!

Because that argument totally needs more fuel.
                              It's a good argument..... I have read in some places people think River might be Romana

Comment

It's a good argument..... I have read in some places people think River might be Romana
                                Eh....I hope nope. I have heard that so many times that I might actually be really disappointed if that is the case. And Doctor Who never disappoints me. Let someone else be Romana!

Comment

Working...
                                X