This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    Eh....I hope nope. I have heard that so many times that I might actually be really disappointed if that is the case. And Doctor Who never disappoints me. Let someone else be Romana!

Well who else could be Romana unless they get a cameo from one of the proper Romanas?

Having said that I don't want River to be Romana
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

OH!

Another thing I desperately want to know in series 32! Who the heck was trying to build a TARDIS in The Lodger?!
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        Were they? I didn't see them in the crowd of assembled aliens..... I guess I'll have to freeze frame it.
        I don't blame you, they're a bit hard to spot. I didn't notice them in my first time through.

In The Pandorica Opens, when the Doctor is shouting at the assembled fleet in the sky challenging them, look to the left side. In the shots when he's looking up (as in, when the shot is of the sky rather than the Doctor) you can see one of their ships on the left side of the screen. AFAIK this is the only point that they're in it.

Though I don't have the faintest idea what their beef with him is. He caught an escaped prisoner for them.

But really, very curious is why one of the red fish guys from TW Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang is in the crowd
        Last edited by DigiFluid; 20 January 2011, 11:14 AM.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          OH!

Another thing I desperately want to know in series 32! Who the heck was trying to build a TARDIS in The Lodger?!
          Spoiler:
          Totally the thing I'm most looking forward to getting an answer about next season

Comment

While i was on holiday this week, my parents got talking to this guy in our resort, and it turns out hes a mechanic and explosives handler (dunno their official name, but his team sets up and manages the explosions) for Doctor Who and Top Gear.
            Apparently one of his jobs for them was the water aliens from Waters of Mars, sorting out their mechanics and how they shot their water.
            I asked him if he worked/was working on anything for this new series of Doctor Who, but he kept quite tight lipped about the new series and i couldnt get anything out of him.
            Hes also met David Tennant, so i was a bit jealous at that lol

Also found these on the BBC website

Hugh Bonneville has been cast as a Pirate King, heres the article
            http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne...ville_On_Board

and also this
            http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00d902r
            Last edited by Teddybrown; 29 January 2011, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              I don't blame you, they're a bit hard to spot. I didn't notice them in my first time through.

In The Pandorica Opens, when the Doctor is shouting at the assembled fleet in the sky challenging them, look to the left side. In the shots when he's looking up (as in, when the shot is of the sky rather than the Doctor) you can see one of their ships on the left side of the screen. AFAIK this is the only point that they're in it.

Though I don't have the faintest idea what their beef with him is. He caught an escaped prisoner for them.

But really, very curious is why one of the red fish guys from TW Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang is in the crowd
              I guess the Atraxi have very big eyes and easily bruised egos. Apparently the Doctor telling them to not bother Earth was enough for them to join the Alliance, despite the fact he helped catch Prisoner Zero for them.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                I guess the Atraxi have very big eyes and easily bruised egos. Apparently the Doctor telling them to not bother Earth was enough for them to join the Alliance, despite the fact he helped catch Prisoner Zero for them.
                The Doctor hurt their feelings.

Comment

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/...returning.html

Just found this while browsing the internet
                  So we know that Cordens character is coming back, and that we will see the Tardis from the Lodger again
                  Start speculating how this will pan out...

Also Moffat will be writing 5 episodes.
                  The first two episodes are a two parter, and they will feature Alex Kingston and Mark Sheppard. This is set in America.

David Walliams is also staring in this series.
                  Last edited by Teddybrown; 01 March 2011, 01:14 PM.

Comment

And how the hell were the Silhurians in there? Didn't they go into hibernation?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                      http://www.denofgeek.com/television/...returning.html

Just found this while browsing the internet
                      So we know that Cordens character is coming back, and that we will see the Tardis from the Lodger again
                      Start speculating how this will pan out...

Also Moffat will be writing 5 episodes.
                      The first two episodes are a two parter, and they will feature Alex Kingston and Mark Sheppard. This is set in America.
                      Will the River Song story be concluded this quickly?

David Walliams is also staring in this series.
                      James Corden. Awesomeness. The Lodger was one of my favorite episodes in series 5 and I'm glad there's some follow-up to this. But will there be more football?

Mark Sheppard. This is even better. I'm expecting very good things from Mr. Sheppard, given the many layered and interesting characters I've seen him play in the past.

Silurians? Hmm, that two-parter was about the only thing about series 5 I didn't like. Now what I'm interested in is that green-eyed Ood.
                      sigpic

Comment

Now what I'm interested in is that green-eyed Ood.
                        Ah, indeed; there is something very odd with that Ood. (forgive me for that!) Also, that's not the only thing in there reminiscent of "The Satan Pit"; writing on the flesh reminds me of the Toby possession.

There are so many creepy things in that trailer... a guy in a spacesuit ominously reaching out, a Roswell alien in a dark room, nightmare-inducing animate dolls... this series looks like the scariest and most daring yet, and I welcome that wholeheartedly!

... And the Doctor looks great with a beard.
                        sigpic
                        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne..._Walliams_Cast

Just thought id confirm the David Walliam news
                          Heres the article
                          Hes playing a character called Gibbis in a spooky episode
                          Which episode do we reckon?

Also, i dont know if this is the final schedule of episodes, but James Cordens character is returning in the last two episodes of the series.
                          Last edited by Teddybrown; 01 March 2011, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                            Ah, indeed; there is something very odd with that Ood. (forgive me for that!) Also, that's not the only thing in there reminiscent of "The Satan Pit"; writing on the flesh reminds me of the Toby possession.

There are so many creepy things in that trailer... a guy in a spacesuit ominously reaching out, a Roswell alien in a dark room, nightmare-inducing animate dolls... this series looks like the scariest and most daring yet, and I welcome that wholeheartedly!

... And the Doctor looks great with a beard.
                            A guy in a spacesuit ominously reaching out, hmm. The first thing I thought of was the Vashta Nerada but I could be hoping for too much with that one.

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne..._Walliams_Cast

Just thought id confirm the David Walliam news
                            Heres the article
                            Hes playing a character called Gibbis in a spooky episode
                            Which episode do we reckon?

Also, i dont know if this is the final schedule of episodes, but James Cordens character is returning in the last two episodes of the series.
                            Two episodes? Wow, I reckon there's interesting times coming for Craig and Sophie.
                            sigpic

Comment

A guy in a spacesuit ominously reaching out, hmm. The first thing I thought of was the Vashta Nerada but I could be hoping for too much with that one.

That's the very same thing that I thought when I saw the clip. I'm hoping.

Comment

It looks like we might have an air date for Season 6.

I'm guessing that the air date will be the same for both the UK and the US like what happened with A Christmas Carol.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/doc...iere-date.html

Doctor Who fans, your wait is almost over. EW has learned the premiere date of the new season of the international cult hit, plus some plot details and we have a first look at the show’s marketing art.

BBC America will launch Doctor Who on Saturday, April 23 at 9 p.m ET. That’s Part One of a two-part opener penned by showrunner Steven Moffat (who also did the BBC’s Sherlock reboot — rent it if you’re a Holmes & Watson fan and haven’t seen it yet). This season also includes guest star Mark Sheppard (Supernatural, Battlestar Galactica). Alex Kingston (ER, Flash Forward) is returning for this round too.

Spoiler:
                                The premiere description has the Brit team filming in North America for the first time: “The Doctor (Matt Smith), and his companions Amy (Karen Gillan) and Rory (Arthur Darvill), find themselves on a secret summons that takes them on an adventure from the desert in Utah — right to the Oval Office in 1969.”
                                Taken from the News and Interviews thread. Thought Id put it here too as this is news on Series 6
                                I did not find this, all credit goes to Blencathra

This is great news as Im sure we all need to top up on our Doctor Who fix
                                Definately a date for the diary!

EDIT: This also came from Blencathra

Quite a nice picture
                                Whats that hes got in his left hand?
                                Last edited by Teddybrown; 09 March 2011, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X