This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Someone mentioned that the design on the outside of the Pandorica had similarities to the design of the Dalek ship in Victory Of The Daleks...... But upon rewatching it I can't seem to find any. Where should I look.
    I think they maybe referring to the circular pattern on the Pandorica being similar to the pattern on the Dalek spaceship.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      I think they maybe referring to the circular pattern on the Pandorica being similar to the pattern on the Dalek spaceship.
      Where on the ship? Anyone got screencaps?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        Where on the ship? Anyone got screencaps?
        I was going to post a screencap, but after looking at the upper side of the Dalek spaceship I think its pretty clear that there isn't much resemblance between the pattern on it and the pattern on the Pandorica. I think they're quite different.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Article includes some nice pics from Eps 1 and 2, not very spoilery
          http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-6-ep...view-17717.htm

Very in depth Q and A, probable spoilers in it, but havent read most of it, read at own risk...
          http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/qa-series-6...-1-2-17864.htm

Also, this article has a picture from episode 7 A good man goes to war (Semi spoilerish)
          http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/first-look-...es-6-17907.htm

Spoiler:
          From what i read in the Q and A, River Song is trapped in the Storm Cage at the beginning of the episode

Also, the episode 7 image includes a look at the new cybermen

Also, apparently the silence can only be remembered when they are seen, so thats why they are writing on themselves

And finally, apparently the death in the first episode happens in the first 10 minutes of the episode, then Amy shoots something or some1 at the end of episode 1

Some synopsies for some episodes, also tells us what episodes some of the clips from the trailer are in
          http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffats-ser...view-17997.htm

Some interesting pictures
          http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/new-series-...pics-17942.htm

Also from the BBC Doctor Who site
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne...eries_Overview

Sorry about there being so many links, found them all at once
          Last edited by Teddybrown; 12 April 2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Hello, spoilers!

(Augh, I can't green you... take some mental )

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
              Also from the BBC Doctor Who site
              http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne...eries_Overview

Sorry about there being so many links, found them all at once
              Do you know where I can watch this since it's not available in my area???
              sigpic
              Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                Do you know where I can watch this since it's not available in my area???
                Try youtube? Someone might have uploaded it there

And thanks Carter =)

EDIT:
                Just read the 2 page spread in the Radio Times about this series, and Ive just come up with a crazy idea as to who created the Tardis in the Lodger

Spoiler:
                I believe the Silence have something to do with it, because in the Radio Times, Steven Moffat says we will see a familiar ship in the first 2 episodes, and in the trailer, when we see River Song spinning in the Lodger Tardis, with all the sparks flying, if you look, theres one of the Silence in the background. Also, Ive just re read the Q/A and that scene is in the first two episodes.
                I also read somewhere, cant remember where though, that the Silence draws power from the cracks, and thats why they wanted to destroy the Tardis, so they could get a lot more power, so maybe they tried to create their own Tardis to destroy (the lodger one), but when they failed in creating one, they abandoned it and went after the Doctors Tardis.
                Also, what with James Cordens character being in the final two episodes, this will probably be when the Silence story is resolved, so Im guessing we may see the lodger Tardis in these episodes too...

Now, I could be completely wrong there, but its an idea. Just something I thought about while reading the article
                Last edited by Teddybrown; 13 April 2011, 07:58 AM.

Comment

The BBC have released interviews with Matt Smith and Karen Gillan. In them they discuss what viewers can expect from the new series of Doctor Who which begins on BBC 1 on Saturday, April 23rd at 6pm (GMT).

MATT SMITH interview:
                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00g858t

May not play outside of United Kingdom

KAREN GILLAN interview -
                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00g9q5r

---------------------------------

The BBC have also released two preview clips from the series 6 opener The Impossible Astronaut

Spoiler:
                  PREVIEW CLIP 1 -
                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00g9plj

PREVIEW CLIP 2 -
                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00g9q57

Comment

all i'm going to say is the silence looks freaking awesome
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

< river song type of voice >
                      MASSIVE SPOILERS
                      < /river song type of voice >

Spoiler:
                      The episode opens with the Doctor in France getting caught posing nude for a female painter, then it cuts to Rory reading out what goes down out of a history book to Amy in what appears to be their new (and very modern looking) home while Rory has Laurel and Hardy on. When they aren't looking the doctor wearing a fez comes up to the screen and waves. Anyways the mail comes and they recieve a TARDIS blue envelope that has the number 3 on the back, the envelope just has the date and coordinate for Utah, USA. It cuts to the Stormcage where River gets her mail and recieves the same envelope but with a 2 on the back and she escapes. So Rory and Amy arrive in Utah and meet up with The Doctor who sent the envelopes, cue Stetson line and River arrives, they stop at a diner and compare diaries. This Doctor and River seem pretty in sync, so they have a picnic, he mentions they have a mission in 1969 regarding the moon.

Amy askes how old he is and says he is now 1103, Amy states last time they saw him two months prior he was only 808 (I think thats how old she said). So this Doctor is the Future Doctor – 300 years in the future. Amy looks a cliff and sees a Silent and flips out but she looks down and forgets. Anyways he says the line about he needs to stop running, and when he looks at a cliff he sees an old man standing there, turns around and the Spaceman is in the water.

He approaches the Spaceman and says it's ok I know who you are and what you are going to do. As he opens the Spaceman's visor the camera pans so you don't see who it is. Amy, Rory and River wondering from a distance who it is. Then next thing you know BAM! The Spaceman fires a laser gun at him. BAM! Again fires more shots. He looks at his hands as they start to glow gold and I think he said I'm sorry its happening again. And right before he was about to burst in regenerative energy BAM! He gets shot one more time. They run to him all flipping out and River is furiously firing her gun at the Spaceman, Amy seeing The Silent again, The Doctor is dead. No life signs, no regeneration. Just dead.

The old man comes down. He has a TARDIS blue envelope as well. His is numbered 4. It's an aged Canton Everett Delaware The 3rd. And he brought a can of kerosene/gasoline to burn the Doctor's body. Rory decides to do it "with honour" as he spots a rowboat. They place the doctor's body inside and set it on fire and push it out into the water. When they head back to the diner, Amy notices another TARDIS blue envelope with the number 1, they ask the diner who it is and he just says some guy but he is in the bathroom, River surmises who it is and askes who does the Doctor trust the most. The door opens and out pops The Doctor. Looking goofy as ever saying he just went to get his favorite straw because it makes drinks more fizzy. River calls him cruel, Amy and Rory are in shock. River tells Amy to ask how old he is and he says he is 808, so essentially this is the Past Doctor/Current Doctor. Also Canton Everett Delaware is basically a full companion for the entire 2 parter, multiple TARDIS trips and everything.

At the end of episode 1 you find out who Amy shoots. It's the girl calling Nixon, she is trapped in the spacesuit which can move on its on. She is a human prisoner (at least I think she is) of the Silents. Amy and Canton go to investigate the home she is from, Amy find her room and see her pictures but she gets captured by the Silents One of which is Amy holding a baby (I know right). Rory and River have to save the Doctor from NASA because he got arrested. She disappears for the rest of the episode until the final scene in 1960s NYC.

The Doctor goes to the Silences base which River and Rory found in episode 1 (its the Lodger TARDIS or at least a duplicate) and The Doctor pretty much lays down the law. Saying he hates guns but River not so much. She would easily kill 8 of them without hesitation. Stuff happens River starts killing Silents, Rory tries to save Amy, the Doctor sonics her free and then joins River in the onslaught amd uses the Sonic Screwdriver as a weapon shooting energy blasts. They return Canton to the White House and then are on their way and you cut to the final scene....

You see a hobo going through the trash and she comes stumbling through. He asks " are you alright little girl?" and she says "No ::cough cough:: I'm dying..." The homeless man sounds startled and confused "... but it's ok" she says "because it's starting" her hands and body starts to glow bright orange and energy starts to float off of her, the hobo gets scared and runs away and WOOOOOOOOSH! This unknown 6-8 year old girl starts regenerating. And then it cuts to the credits.

In summary: Future Doctor – dead, and unknown girl starts to regenerate at the end

Pretty awesoem hey?
                      Last edited by Coco Pops; 13 April 2011, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Spoiler for the post above, and btw where did you get that?
                        Spoiler:
                        Is it Jenny, I really really hope that it is Jenny. And am really sad that they know the age when the Doctor dies, because it means he won't really regenerate again unless he looks the same, unless it wasn't really him.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
                          Spoiler for the post above, and btw where did you get that?
                          Spoiler:
                          Is it Jenny, I really really hope that it is Jenny. And am really sad that they know the age when the Doctor dies, because it means he won't really regenerate again unless he looks the same, unless it wasn't really him.

How can it be Jenny...She was a woman in her 20s when we saw her last.

Oh and I can't recall where I got that it was just there... in my email, from here.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...4898&p=37#r728

Comment

One thing.... If the above is indeed accurate it's a pretty ordinary way to end the "silence will fall" arc..... I was expecting more from that whole thing.

Comment

You know I despise people who post spoilers even IF there hidden, I just do, you sap all the fun out of watching this show it's despicable.

Comment

With all due respect... as long as it's put properly into spoiler code (and it was), why do you care? Only you can be held accountable for "sap[ping] all the fun out of watching this show." Each member is responsible for clicking, and subsequently reading, the spoiler. I've no interest in being spoiled that massively, so upon reading the first sentence and realizing what it would entail, I quickly closed it again. Anyone interested in it can be spoiled to high heaven; anyone who does not, will not.

Comment

Working...
                                X