Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They also have a thing and an agreement about spoilers.

So he wouldn't look it it up.

But this is the kind of thing about time travel that makes people heads hurts. Because it isn't linear, we can't know for certain that the Tardis does have information on her. And for all we know that the Tardis didn't have any information on her untiil they met in the Library.

Which is why it is important to bring it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Yeah but let's not keep bringing up the Library episode. That was in the Doctor's past.... He could still conceivably look her up in the data banks if he felt motivated to do so.
      Just to bring up the library episode again... River states that the spoilers rule was The Doctor's rule. So.. even if he was curious he wouldn't. Like how he didn't peak in the diary after time was restored in The Big Bang.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cekay View Post
        Just to bring up the library episode again... River states that the spoilers rule was The Doctor's rule. So.. even if he was curious he wouldn't. Like how he didn't peak in the diary after time was restored in The Big Bang.
        Well I would have..
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Well I would have..
          haha me to, I couldn't stand not knowing.
          sigpic

Comment

haha me to, I couldn't stand not knowing.
            Actually with the Library he did click his fingers once but never ever did it again. So what she said was true......

Comment

I already mentioned that.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                I already mentioned that.
                uhh sorry, guess I didn't read your post well enough.. Great minds think a like

I'll go back to lurking I think I read posts clearer that way
                sigpic

Comment

I apologize if this has already been discussed--I haven't read through the entire thread here.

I recently rewatched the opening two-parter (in HD, it looked so purty *_*) and in the scene where River and the Doctor are investigating the spacesuit, the Doctor asks "What are the Silence doing, raising a child?" and River responds "Keeping her safe, even giving her independence."

Which is a rather odd theory to come up out of the blue, don't you think? There's really no indication of that in the episode.

So either River remembers her time as a child and she's

1a) telling the truth and the Silence were actually trying to protect her from being used as a weapon against the Doctor (giving her independence) and "Silence will fall" perhaps means that the Silence failed in that regard (so this whole 'the Silence are evil' that the show has been cultivating has been somewhat of a misdirection), or

2a) she's purposely lying for some reason and making the Silence seem more benevolent than they are, or

3a) was told when she was young and therefore believes that the Silence were trying to protect her (but then she goes and shoots them all at the end, which doesn't then make sense...unless she is still a weapon and her job is to make it possible for her younger self to become a weapon), or

4a) my interpretation is incorrect and by "giving her independence" River just means that the girl is very sickly, and putting her in a self-sustaining suit "gave her the independence" to walk around, etc. So maybe the Silence are like EPL's 3rd party contractors?

Or, River doesn't remember, and she has some reason for painting the Silence in a benevolent light.

Comment

If she thought the Silence were giving her freedom and protecting her, then why does the little girl (River) call the President and ask for help?

Surely the Silence must look terrifying for a little girl with no parents or stable base to conform normality to.

N.C

Comment

What's an EPL?

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                        If she thought the Silence were giving her freedom and protecting her, then why does the little girl (River) call the President and ask for help?

Surely the Silence must look terrifying for a little girl with no parents or stable base to conform normality to.

N.C
                        Maybe she comes to think that way a little later when she understands or at least believes she understands what they were doing to her? But I hear what you're saying. How would you explain River's lines there?

What's an EPL?
                        EPL = Eye-Patch Lady = Madame Kovarian(? spelling)

Comment

I just watched the two Pandorica episodes and I'm wondering if those hooded figures people keep mentioning are Monks?

Interesting that even from the very first episode of last series Prisoner Zero said "the pandorica will open" "silence will fall"
                          Last edited by Coco Pops; 30 June 2011, 01:33 AM.

Comment

I have just re watched the 6th season and I was saying to myself Who is River Song? so as i thought about this i remembered her saying she had killed "the best man she knew" and she is amy's daughter. So that lead me to the Discussion about Melody Pond aka River Pond and how she was a time lord or a half time lord. Then that lead me to the little girl in The Impossible Astronaut. At the end of that two parter she regenerated. So my speculations are that River Song/Melody Pond is the Astronaut and kills the doctor.... Any Questions?

Comment

^ Everyone says that she doesn't kill the Doctor..
                              So.. idk.
                              sigpic
                              My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post

EPL = Eye-Patch Lady = Madame Kovarian(? spelling)
                                Aha......BTW Kovarian is the right spelling so you did well

Comment

Working...
                                X