Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesnt matter what happens now, the Doctor could rematerialize in the TARDIS 2 seconds after he left, from his point of view he may have spent that entire time with searching for Melody.

Although i get the feeling he goes back to 1969, watches the beach seen from behind the beach hut and then tries to hunt down melody, after she regenerates is when he will find her BECAUSE of her regeneration.

How much time has passed until then is anyones guess because the little girl was about 6 or 7 at the time with a thick American accent.

Which means, her past is something her future self partakes in, with her Mother, father and Husband present before she's been born to them and married him, which is their past in their timeline and their future for her birth which is her past.

SIMPLES

N.C

Comment

*cool* !!
      I was right about the website, then..

And I still have to wait an entire week before I see how this whole thing unfolds.
      I think there were clues as to possibly connecting
      Spoiler:
      the child in The Impossible Astronaut or Day of the Moon, when the Doctor and River were checking out the spacesuit that the little girl was in. It was said that the child was incredibly strong, and the Doctor commented that he likes a strong woman.. hint, hint??

It's not impossible for River not to be the strong child. There are moments when humans gain superhuman strength when they sometimes feel they are in terrible danger.. such as lifting a super heavy car out of a rut... Not impossible to gain that sort of strength. Therefore, since the child was struggling to stay alive in the spacesuit that was damaged by Amy, when Amy shot at the protective face mask, the child suddenly gained superhuman strength in a moment of life and death panic -- and tore out of the suit somehow, unless there was a fail-safe built into the suit that River and the Doctor didn't find.

As for River not knowing who the child was, the Doctor mentioned that the Silence creatures were operating on some sort of post-hypnotic suggestion, and therefore, chunks of River's entire life could have been blanked out of her memory, as a result -- deliberately by the Silence. Same issue with Amy (and Rory) not knowing who River was -- altho, they were traveling forward in time, River was going back and forth... On the other extreme, River seems to have no problem being a fully grown adult as *River Song* knowing where her connections to the Doctor are in various points of the time-stream.

Also, if the Silence creature did tell Amy that she would *bring* (not break, but BRING) the silence, it could make sense that it was the time of silence brought on by River not telling the Doctor who River *really* was...??

just a few thoughts...

Also, River claimed that she is *quite the screamer*, ehhh?? She did say "now there's a story for yah!" (spoilers!)
      perhaps, not what one might think???
      Spoiler:
      as a baby, or perhaps while having a baby herself -- if she was pregnant and having morning sickness, as well..?? Rory didn't complain about feeling sick, and neither did Canton.. and neither did that lady in the bathroom -- Joy?? or was joy just that lady's mood??

now, how does River get out of the matrix in the Library??

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
        now, how does River get out of the matrix in the Library??
        Silence In The Library/Forest Of The Dead takes place after A Good Man Goes To War, from Rivers' point of view. So, to her, she hasn't gotten to the Library yet.
        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I had a brain fart...........

Remember the library episodes? River hooks herself up to the computer after knocking the Doctor out? But there's no body in the chair after that.. Just her suit ..

Then what was all that mad running about at the end of the library episode where the Doctor realises River saved herself in the buffer of her sonic screwdriver? How did River do that when she was hooking herself up to the computer moments before? I think it's her mind/soul trapped inside the library computer.....Not her actual body isn't it? So where did her body go? hmmmmmm Maybe she can be saved after all in some fanwanky way.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            Remember the library episodes? River hooks herself up to the computer after knocking the Doctor out? But there's no body in the chair after that.. Just her suit ..

Then what was all that mad running about at the end of the library episode where the Doctor realises River saved herself in the buffer of her sonic screwdriver? How did River do that when she was hooking herself up to the computer moments before? I think it's her mind/soul trapped inside the library computer.....Not her actual body isn't it? So where did her body go? hmmmmmm Maybe she can be saved after all in some fanwanky way.
            Tis a mystery. But I still think River might be composed of part TARDIS energy and with future technology being super sophisticated, there is a way to save the entire DNA structure, etc into the sonic screwdriver. She programmed it before she went into the chair (or had it programmed all along with her DNA in it), since she had the screwdriver before the Doctor (#10) even knew she had it.

Another question that should be asked is how did River Song learn to steer the TARDIS properly and smoothly, when the Doctor clearly claims he threw out the TARDIS' manual and works on a fly-by-night (trial and error) method instead? She claims to have been taught by the *best* -- but also noted that the Doctor was busy that day -- so, did the TARDIS telepathically connect with River before or during that learning spree?? River also has vast knowledge of what wires to take apart in the TARDIS and reconnect back together again, as had been seen in her time-loop during the Big Bang episode. How would she know how to do that without the manual?

Until the resolutions to the mysteries are otherwise revealed, I can only rely back on the possibility that she has a direct connection with the TARDIS and vice-versa somehow.

Comment

The title of this thread should really be changed to include spoilers for season 6 now, seeing as such a huge revelations come out... Just saying... lol

As for River, I wonder how many episodes she will be in the 2nd part of this season?

Comment

It depends which River you mean. Kingston's or baby River?
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Ru Paul IS RIVER SONG!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                    It depends which River you mean. Kingston's or baby River?
                    Didnt think of that lol
                    We will defo see baby River (Melody), wonder if we will see big River?
                    Wonder why she changed her name? Maybe even though Amy and Rory called her Melody, she never actually sees them or hears that name, so no one refers to her by her given name, and she just assumes a new one.

Comment

Personally I think we are about to see River meeting the Doctor for the first time. After all, in the teaser trailer she does say they are about to meet for the first time. But she means her first time.

So this makes a third version of River Song. The one who died in the Library is different from this current one for this current one is from some time before her final fate in that planet wide library.

Comment

Does anyone else think that the melody thing kinda hurts Rivers storyline a bit now? I mean.. its like the plot is more about Amy and Rory then it is about the Doctor anyway.. I love that she was a warrior to fight the Doctor, and its great how the pandorica and everything connects in but it raises lots of questions specially
                        • Why didn't River recognise Rory back in the pandorica opens/big bang?
                        • Why didn't River relise she was crossing over her own timeline in the impossible astronaut/day of the moon?
                        • Shes obviously not raised by Amy and Rory so when does she find out that they her parents? I mean the 3 some joke at the start of a good man was a kinda weird thing to tell your dad, plus wouldn't Amy and Rory be pretty distraught over the whole we lost our child cos we were with you thing and now our child is going to try and kill you?
                        • Since the Doctor is the good man from a good man goes to war, and river kills a good man, and baby river is being trained to kill the doctor, theres a pretty strong possibility that River was in the spacesuit, so why didn't she know it was her?
                        • Why doesn't River have super strength? she said in the impossible astronaut/ day of the moon that the child ripped its way out of the suit and its crazy strong
                        • Why would the church have imprisoned her if they were some of the people who kidnapped her and wanted her to kill?

River knows who she is and what she is, so its a fair bet she didn't have her memory wiped... I dunno its weird, Im not too pleased with it tbh

The first question I posed with Rory could be put down to Rory not existing at the time and River being a very complex space time event so she can exist even if her father doesn't, but still... its weird..
                        Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 05 June 2011, 05:28 PM.
                        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                          Does anyone else think that the melody thing kinda hurts Rivers storyline a bit now? I mean.. its like the plot is more about Amy and Rory then it is about the Doctor anyway.. I love that she was a warrior to fight the Doctor, and its great how the pandorica and everything connects in but it raises lots of questions specially
                          • Why didn't River recognise Rory back in the pandorica opens/big bang?
                          • Why didn't River relise she was crossing over her own timeline in the impossible astronaut/day of the moon?
                          • Shes obviously not raised by Amy and Rory so when does she find out that they her parents? I mean the 3 some joke at the start of a good man was a kinda weird thing to tell your dad, plus wouldn't Amy and Rory be pretty distraught over the whole we lost our child cos we were with you thing and now our child is going to try and kill you?
                          • Since the Doctor is the good man from a good man goes to war, and river kills a good man, and baby river is being trained to kill the doctor, theres a pretty strong possibility that River was in the spacesuit, so why didn't she know it was her?
                          • Why doesn't River have super strength? she said in the impossible astronaut/ day of the moon that the child ripped its way out of the suit and its crazy strong

River knows who she is and what she is, so its a fair bet she didn't have her memory wiped... I dunno its weird, Im not too pleased with it tbh

The first question I posed with Rory could be put down to Rory not existing at the time and River being a very complex space time event so she can exist even if her father doesn't, but still... its weird..

And if River is a weapon to fight the Doctor why did she help our heroes in the Pandorica episodes? and even confess love for the Doctor? Makes no bloody sense
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            And if River is a weapon to fight the Doctor why did she help our heroes in the Pandorica episodes? and even confess love for the Doctor? Makes no bloody sense
                            Actually that doesn't bother me too much, like Im sure he would find a way to have her switch sides or something... me and my friends have discussed this intensely, and we thought that the best thing for her would have been her being programmed by the timelords so that if the Doctor used the time lock she would find the Doctor and get his trust, and get his name, which is the key to opening the timelock, the doctor however would forgive her and together they would defeat the few timelords that escaped, cept for maybe one or something, but not the master, maybe the Rani or some random timelord.. but thats moot now since shes not..

See now it feels to me that River can only be there if Amy and Rory are.. you know?
                            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                              The Doctor is mysterious, enigmatic and deeply complex - personally, I think the best way to learn about him is by seeing his effect on other people. If the series focused more intently on him, he would lose a lot of his mystery.

Why didn't River recognise Rory back in the pandorica opens/big bang?
                              She probably did but didn't say anything because she knows he is chronologically younger and doesn't know her yet - she would have remembered the events of Demon's Run and known that is where he finds out. Don't forget, she is the person most aware of spoilers and there consequences, and of her messed up chronology with the Doctor (and by extension, his companions).

Why didn't River relise she was crossing over her own timeline in the impossible astronaut/day of the moon?
                              Maybe she did. She's an experienced time traveler, and the rules seem pretty flexible sometimes. Besides, it's not like the Doctor hasn't traveled back to the same point in time as an earlier (or later) version of himself. Hell, The Impossible Astronaut starts with two versions of the Eleventh Doctor present at the same point in time, separated presumably by only a few miles. I don't see how that's different to what River was doing. Her younger self wouldn't recognise her anyway.

Shes obviously not raised by Amy and Rory so when does she find out that they her parents? I mean the 3 some joke at the start of a good man was a kinda weird thing to tell your dad, plus wouldn't Amy and Rory be pretty distraught over the whole we lost our child cos we were with you thing and now our child is going to try and kill you?
                              People in the 51st century are a lot more open minded, especially if Jack is anything to go by, and she knows that this version of Rory still doesn't know the truth about her. Plus we don't actually know much at all about her childhood as we've only seen glimpses, so we can't say with certainty that she was or wasn't raised by Amy and Rory at all.

Since the Doctor is the good man from a good man goes to war, and river kills a good man, and baby river is being trained to kill the doctor, theres a pretty strong possibility that River was in the spacesuit, so why didn't she know it was her?
                              We don't know any of that for certain. Rory could just as easily be the good man, especially the way he's been referred to this season (times we think Amy is talking about the Doctor in both Day of the Moon and A Good Man Goes To War and she is actually talking about Rory), and he is far more pure and less prone to violence or dark impulses than the Doctor. Things are not always what they appear. Besides, don't forget River shooting at the astronaut after it kills the Doctor and then stopping, saying to herself "No, of course not".

Why doesn't River have super strength? she said in the impossible astronaut/ day of the moon that the child ripped its way out of the suit and its crazy strong
                              We possibly just haven't seen any instance where she'd need to use it, so she may well have it. I can't remember any time where we see her straining to do something physical that somebody else manages.

Why would the church have imprisoned her if they were some of the people who kidnapped her and wanted her to kill?
                              I'm not sure what you mean. They kidnapped her and are trying to turn her into a weapon to destroy the Doctor. This is not something you do lightly or casually, and this is not something you want running around unsupervised. I think the whole point of the suit was to allow her to develop and providing for all her needs up to and including defence and a limited degree of independence, while always keeping her under control.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

During The impossible Astronaut, River was having the same stomach pains that Amy had when she was pregnant and going into labor when in ganger form.

Could River have been a ganger and also pregnant during The Impossible Astronaut, kidnapped by the Kovarian faction, as she is the Doctors wife (most likely) which means they could get a cell of Timelord DNA and work from there on their "project"

With Rivers daughter/son being the actual Time-being in the Spacesuit, the spacesuit keeping her alive and when she regenerates in the alley, she becomes him/her big bad of this season that tries to destroy the Doctor?

What do you think?

N.C

Comment

Working...
                                X