Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have it! River Song is...
    Spoiler:
    Alex Kingston!
    Spoiler:
    A figment of Moffat's imagination!
    Spoiler:
    Owned by the BBC!

...yeah. At this point, I've given up guessing Who She Is.

*waits for tomorrow*

Comment

Well less than 12 hours to go

I say less than 12 because i've just woken up and my brain isnt sufficiently awake to calculate complex time equations such as that

N.C

Comment

With only an hour to go over here in the UK, I bring more good news...

"Don't Scare The Hare"'s been cancelled!

Comment

Originally posted by Zarius View Post
          With only an hour to go over here in the UK, I bring more good news...

"Don't Scare The Hare"'s been cancelled!
          That is excellent news. How that embarrassing dross ever made it beyond concept is mind boggling.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

River Song is actually Ru Paul.

Comment

so if UK time is that far ahead of USA time, the rest of us (who WANT to know), but will only be seeing spoiler tags -- most likely, should hear the results of who River Song is by 3 p.m. EST??? 6 p.m.-EST at the latest???

I think the clue to her mystery is already posted on the BBC's DOCTOR WHO website main page... front and center ---- seriously...
              Spoiler:
              but not as Alex Kingston.

Comment

OOOFT! I'm speechless!
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

MASSIVE SPOILERS! for A Good Man Goes to War!!
                  River is...
                  Spoiler:
                  Rory and Amys daughter

Hmm dunno if Im happy or sad about that...

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                    If Amy was her mother then that would involve either Amy abandoning her child in the future, or Amy and rori moving to the future, either way unlikely to happen, we pretty much know for sure that River is from the 51st century give or take. Though I suppose its not as a crazy as some of the other ideas that have been thrown around here, plus River doesn't seem to react anyway to amy more then a friend would, and I think her being Amy's daughter would make the river song thing about Amy which its not... its about the doctor

I would say its far more likely that River is connected to the silence in some way (Which Im hoping will be the full time return of the timelords, or at least some of them)
                    Damn Though I still think there are some plot holes regarding her not responding to Amy and Rory, like she didn't even know who Rory was in the Big Bang, it was only today she was all like dramatically saying "Rory..."
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Wibbly-Wobbly-Timey-Wimey?
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                        Wibbly-Wobbly-Timey-Wimey?
                        Perhaps, also wouldn't that mean River is the child from the impossible astronaut? So wouldn't she remember the space suit and stuff? plus River said that child was incredible strong, and we've never seen river have super strength

And since this episode was referring to the Doctor as a good man, then its fair to say the good man that River kills is the Doctor, but why would the clerics imprison her if they wanted her to kill him? Though it does explain what octavian was talking about, and how he knew about the Doctor... course it doesn't explain why he didn't kill the doctor on site.
                        Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 04 June 2011, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                          Perhaps, also wouldn't that mean River is the child from the impossible astronaut? So wouldn't she remember the space suit and stuff? plus River said that child was incredible strong, and we've never seen river have super strength

And since this episode was referring to the Doctor as a good man, then its fair to say the good man that River kills is the Doctor, but why would the clerics imprison her if they wanted her to kill him?
                          Spoilers for A Good Man Goes to War:
                          Spoiler:
                          We still don't know what happens later in the series. Maybe her abilities get taken by the Doctor in the finale and leave her as the River we know. Also we still don't know who was in the suit in the beginning of the Impossible Astronaut, as the face is never shown. I doubt it's River.
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                            Spoilers for A Good Man Goes to War:
                            Spoiler:
                            We still don't know what happens later in the series. Maybe her abilities get taken by the Doctor in the finale and leave her as the River we know. Also we still don't know who was in the suit in the beginning of the Impossible Astronaut, as the face is never shown. I doubt it's River.
                            Though the space suit was designed for the time lord child, the time lord child who they wanted to kill the doctor, and we saw the space suit person kill the doctor, and river kills a good man, and the doctor is a good man, which was said about 50 million times this episode..

We obviously don't know what happens later in the season, but I dunno... Im not too happy with this tbh.. I love the angle of she's a weapon to destroy the Doctor, but to me this is raising more questions then its answering. Like whatever way you look at it, the Doctor fails, Amy and Rorys child is taken from her and raised to be a weapon, they might not get to meet her again till she's fully grown...

Comment

'Might' being the operative word. I have no problems with the revelation personally.

Also can I ask you to put your half of the discussion in Spoiler Tags please?

sigpic

Comment

I was right!!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...1#post12571935

Reply #5 onwards.
                                Last edited by Billz; 04 June 2011, 12:37 PM.
                                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Working...
                                X