Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No ones opinion is more valid than anyone else's.
    That's something I can never agree to, beginning with racism and bigotry. Anything more if you want to discuss this I'd suggest starting a thread in the Off Topic Chatter forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
      That's something I can never agree to, beginning with racism and bigotry. Anything more if you want to discuss this I'd suggest starting a thread in the Off Topic Chatter forum.
      Exactly, plenty of people are just plain wrong, like those people that think that river is the doctors mother who I was dismissing as wrong from the beginning.
      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
        Exactly, plenty of people are just plain wrong, like those people that think that river is the doctors mother who I was dismissing as wrong from the beginning.
        Really? Racism, bigotry and disagreeing over the identity of a fictional character are the three great evils of the world?
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          Oooo, i just had a really really interesting thought as to who River may be, but it contains spoilers for episode 2.
          But my theory could also be wrong, depends what happens in episode 2.

Oh go on do tell us anyway
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            Oh go on do tell us anyway
            Ok, my theory does contain spoilers for Part 2 so read at your own risk

Spoiler:
            Do you really want to be spoiled?
            Spoiler:
            I did warn you...
            Spoiler:
            Last chance...
            Spoiler:
            Ok
            Well, at the beginning of part 2, if the synopsis I partly read is true, the little girl is trapped in the suit, which is controlled by the Silents.
            Now, as I said, Im probably wrong about this and Im having second thoughts while im writing this, thats why I wanted to wait till the episode aired.
            Right, what if the little girl is River Song and she was taken as a child and trapped in the suit by the Silence. She then kills the Doctor and somehow gets free from the suit, and is arrested.
            Orrr, this theory isnt really about River, more the Spaceman (and off the top of my head lol), the Silents trapped the girl in the suit and created the Spaceman so that they could use the spaceman to draw the Doctor in, then also kill him, havent really got an idea why they would use the spaceman to kill the doctor yet.

But what i do know is that the Silence created the spaceman, dont know what for though...

Now as I said, while writing this and also after reading it again, I think Im wrong, but seeing as you wanted my theory, there it is.

Comment

Ok, my theory does contain spoilers for Part 2 so read at your own risk

Spoiler:
              Do you really want to be spoiled?
              Spoiler:
              I did warn you...
              Spoiler:
              Last chance...
              Spoiler:
              Ok
              Well, at the beginning of part 2, if the synopsis I partly read is true, the little girl is trapped in the suit, which is controlled by the Silents.
              Now, as I said, Im probably wrong about this and Im having second thoughts while im writing this, thats why I wanted to wait till the episode aired.
              Right, what if the little girl is River Song and she was taken as a child and trapped in the suit by the Silence. She then kills the Doctor and somehow gets free from the suit, and is arrested.
              Orrr, this theory isnt really about River, more the Spaceman (and off the top of my head lol), the Silents trapped the girl in the suit and created the Spaceman so that they could use the spaceman to draw the Doctor in, then also kill him, havent really got an idea why they would use the spaceman to kill the doctor yet.

But what i do know is that the Silence created the spaceman, dont know what for though...

Now as I said, while writing this and also after reading it again, I think Im wrong, but seeing as you wanted my theory, there it is.

THAT SOUNDS MEGA COOL BUT...............

But if the Silents did all that why did they even bother seeding the idea of the alliance in last season. They had to have been behind that. There's no way those aliens came up with the trap all on their own... So what another big bad for this season seems kind of lameish.

Comment

THAT SOUNDS MEGA COOL BUT...............

But if the Silents did all that why did they even bother seeding the idea of the alliance in last season. They had to have been behind that. There's no way those aliens came up with the trap all on their own... So what another big bad for this season seems kind of lameish.
                Maybe they used the Pandorica and the Alliance to distract the Doctor long enough for them to gain control of the Tardis
                But also...
                Spoiler:
                As I said in my theory, if River Song is the girl in the spacesuit and the Silence have the ability to control her, maybe they made her blow up the Tardis, but she wont remember because the Silence makes you forget... Also, they would have needed her on her own in the Tardis, so they used the Pandorica to distract the Doctor and keep him there. I know thats a bit far flung, as I said in my other theory, I dont really think much of that theory, just throwing it out there

Comment

Maybe they used the Pandorica and the Alliance to distract the Doctor long enough for them to gain control of the Tardis
                  But also...
                  Spoiler:
                  As I said in my theory, if River Song is the girl in the spacesuit and the Silence have the ability to control her, maybe they made her blow up the Tardis, but she wont remember because the Silence makes you forget... Also, they would have needed her on her own in the Tardis, so they used the Pandorica to distract the Doctor and keep him there. I know thats a bit far flung, as I said in my other theory, I dont really think much of that theory, just throwing it out there
                  Oh no that makes heaps of sense... Considering the Doctors last words in the season finale..

"Space and time isn't safe yet, the TARDIS exploded for a reason.. Something drew the TARDIS to this particular date and blew it up, and this silence whatever it is is still out there"

So see something is still afoot.

"

Comment

I've just been reading back through this thread and when did the Doctor travel in the vortex without a tardis just using the sonic screwdriver?

Comment

I'm going to ask a question here: (it could be a stupid one, but oh well...)

If River is the Doctor's wife, then why did she say this to him:
                      Doctor: River, Who are you?
                      River: You're going to find out very soon now. And I'M SORRY. And that's when everything changes.
                      (emphases mine)

I don't think a wife would say that.
                      All we really now about her is that she is very close to the Doctor: one of the closest companions that he has ever had (or will have ever had or whatever is the proper grammar).
                      As I said before, I'm not convinced she is his wife. Not at all... unless she says it verbally that she is.
                      There is always one.

Comment

But also...
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        My theory about River and the little Time Lord girl is very similar to yours. I was actually thinking that the little girl is a very young River. After a certain number of regenerations, we end up with River. The Silence may have mentally conditioned her to get close to the Doctor romantically and then kill him.
                        sigpic

Comment

And if River is not his wife how the hell did she find out his real name, get given a sonic of her own, and learn to fly the TARDIS properly?

Also back to an earlier post what's this stuff about him traveling in the vortex with no tardis

Comment

And if River is not his wife how the hell did she find out his real name, get given a sonic of her own, and learn to fly the TARDIS properly?
                            The Doctor has to tell her all these things because he's meant to (thanks to River telling him, accidently or otherwise)...it's to keep time in flux, any deviation from the script would cause a paradox, thus he has to tell her his name, teach her to pilot the TARDIS, and yes, kiss her a lot.

The tragedy of River's relationship with The Doctor is that it's not a REAL relationship, it's only to oblige the laws of time and space.

Comment

I've just been reading back through this thread and when did the Doctor travel in the vortex without a tardis just using the sonic screwdriver?
                              He didn't. In the preview for Forest of the Dead there was the clip of the Doctor using the sonic screwdriver to go really fast through the library's force field lift things, without the context that the episode gave and just the trailer to rely on, we all assumed it was the Doctor in the vortex without a capsule

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                                He didn't. In the preview for Forest of the Dead there was the clip of the Doctor using the sonic screwdriver to go really fast through the library's force field lift things, without the context that the episode gave and just the trailer to rely on, we all assumed it was the Doctor in the vortex without a capsule

Oh that lift thing at the planet's core.....where the computers are all located.

Actually I have a question about that. Some people on various forums have been suggesting the Doctor might be able to save River from her virtual world in the Library because though she's here in the current episodes she's also over there inside the Library, but I have a problem with this..

Won't the Vashta stop him from making any kind of rescue of anything since he did make a deal with them for the people inside the computer during those episodes inside the Library?

The other question is this. How many years had the Library been operating fine before the Vashta had become a problem of any magnitude?

Comment

Working...
                                X