Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
    Trying to hold the soul of the TARDIS destroyed her measly human form.

N.C
    I know that but did the body just vanish? Dissolve?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Did Idris human body disolve into nothing? Where did they dump her corpse?

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
      Trying to hold the soul of the TARDIS destroyed her measly human form.

N.C
      I know that but did the body just vanish? Dissolve?
      I'm fairly sure after seeing the marathon, Idris's body in human form simply disappeared. Rory and Amy were kneeling next to Idris one minute and the next, Idris vanished, and Rory gave a strange look, as if -- "ok, what just happened?? where did the body just go??"

And then suddenly a light appears nearby, Rory and Amy both look in the direction of where the new light source appears, and it's Idris/TARDIS in *soul* spirit (human looking, tho) form. That's when the TARDIS speaks to the Doctor with an echo in her voice, and says "Hello Doctor" for the very first time.

----------------

Back to River... there's a picture of River posted in one of the eps threads and she's
      Spoiler:
      got little girl braids in her hair and a coat that looks suspiciously like the one the little girl, who *regenerated,* was wearing... compare the last scene in the "Day of the Moon" with that picture, and there is a strong similarity in appearances there...

this is getting really confusing, tho plausible in some strange way, if one keeps note of the Doctor meeting up with himself in the past (previous eps).

Comment

Back to River... there's a picture of River posted in one of the eps threads and she's
        Spoiler:
        got little girl braids in her hair and a coat that looks suspiciously like the one the little girl, who *regenerated,* was wearing... compare the last scene in the "Day of the Moon" with that picture, and there is a strong similarity in appearances there...

this is getting really confusing, tho plausible in some strange way, if one keeps note of the Doctor meeting up with himself in the past (previous eps).
        Yea this is confusing... especially b/c I haven't even seen Day of the Moon.
        But I would figure she is reallyy close to the Doctor, since she knows his real name.
        sigpic
        My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
          Spoiler:

okay, not the same outfit, but it was the same color. the
          Spoiler:
          little girl regenerated with a knitted, brown sweater. Alex Kingston in the photo (signature) is wearing a heavy tweed, brown coat of some sort, but she still had the little girl-like braids. ...and anyone who saw the little girl regenerate had to have noticed the little girl's bangs seeming to be a bit on the wild side, too, which River's bangs are long and curly -- in the photo signature and having a similar appearance...

I've been reading ahead, and all directions seem to be pointing to
          Spoiler:
          River as being both Amy's daughter, and possibly the little girl in the space suit.

paradox or space suit in "the Impossible Astronaut" had a protective force field around it, or was visible but slightly out of time phase..?

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
          Yea this is confusing... especially b/c I haven't even seen Day of the Moon.
          But I would figure she is reallyy close to the Doctor, since she knows his real name.
          "Day of the Moon" is part 2 of the season 32/6 opener "The Impossible Astronaut".

Anyway, why would River Song be imprisoned, thus implying she went on trial for killing the Doctor, if the Time Lords are all dead? Who else cared enough about the Doctor to have a trial at all, if River did kill him?

Spoiler:
          also, it wouldn't make sense if River was the little girl in the space suit, and only Rory, Amy, and Canton are eyewitnesses of the Doctor's death, in "The Impossible Astronaut". ...by the way, after piecing some of the stories together, and seeing the Rebel Flesh story, I think it's the ganger Doctor who dies, not the real Doctor, which also would also make River supposedly killing the Doctor, when she was a child -- not make much sense at all...

just some wild speculation

Comment

I have not been in this thread for a while. What's the current theory?
            Spoiler:
            I don't like the one about River being Amy's daughter and the one who regenerated. Surely that would mean she has some Time Lord DNA, which would mean the Doctor's DNA, effectively making her his daughter and that kiss they shared utterly, utterly creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
              I have not been in this thread for a while. What's the current theory?
              Spoiler:
              I don't like the one about River being Amy's daughter and the one who regenerated. Surely that would mean she has some Time Lord DNA, which would mean the Doctor's DNA, effectively making her his daughter and that kiss they shared utterly, utterly creepy.
              well, (for space and possible spoilers -- old or new) -- caution!!
              Spoiler:
              unfortunately, according to rumors, it seems that Amy does have a baby (shown in preview ep) and Amy's baby got renamed after being named "Melody" for some reason.
              Melody = Song??
              and since there is no Pond, she became a River??
              I don't know. Those are just *wild* guesses, based on what I read elsewhere. (*shrugs*)

And unless some wacky doctors took a DNA strand from the Doctor, and merged it as a third DNA string with the baby from Amy and Rory somehow, I doubt if River would be the Doctor's daughter. River has been around since *before* Amy became a companion, altho different time line.

Also, since the Doctor can *sense* when another Time Lord is nearby -- as he could with the Master and the Time Lord message boxes (the Doctor went directly to the cabinet where the boxes were kept), and this linking abilbity has not been established yet between him and River -- It may be remotely possible that River is the child of another Time Lord, which is also circulating around the internet, but which one. It'd be interesting if she was the Master's daughter, when the Master was married to his human wife -- did they have a child?? If she is part Time Lord, then it is also possible that her bio-signature has been masked, as the Master and the Doctor masked their Time Lord DNA to prevent detection from the other Time Lords, or whoever.

If River is indeed the little girl in the space suit (Impossible Astronaut, which the title may imply) and does have some regenerative abilities within herself to change appearance, it is quite possible that maybe -- just maybe -- River has some TARDIS energy in her instead. If River is Amy's child, and Amy was exposed to the TARDIS' matrix at some point, thus absorbing it -- which might have happened when she was initially connected to the TARDIS' universal translator, then River does indeed contain some TARDIS regenerative energy within her, and would not be the Doctor's daughter, but Rory's child... I also think Amy was pregnant before she met the Doctor at the beginning of the Impossible Astronaut, as the Doctor (the one who died?) said she looked like she had put on a few extra pounds.

The TARDIS, in the DOCTOR's WIFE story, made a connection to the only water in the forest is a river... thus, that thought has many people believing the reference is definitely River. The TARDIS, while still in Idris' body, told Rory to make sure the Doctor knew of that, because he'd need to know that at some time in the future.

Now, we can only wait and see...

Comment

Well lets eliminate the possibilities as to who she is first:

1) Writers enjoy writing things that surprise. The Doctor's Wife? This has been mentioned ON THE SHOW as a possibility. NO WAY would this be what actually happens. She just can't be IMHO.

2) Amy's child - I think that introducing the baby in a River Song story was deliberate - we are supposed to think this. Becaues of this, I don't believe it. Sorry but I just don't.

I am far from convinced but my theory was that Donna would be reminded by of the Doctor's existance and become part Time Lord again with very little time to live (possibly to save the Earth in the Doctor's absence?) She could possibly be able to regenerate once, loosing the ability and becoming fully human in the process and further losing her mind and ALL her memories (unlike the partial memory loss caused by the Doctor). It would explain her extreme "You're Donna Noble" when meeting Donna. I doubt that they would do this as Moffat does not seem to be referring back much to RTD's era but I still quite like the theory.

Well, that's my best.

Comment

We'll find out just enough this Saturday to leave us speculating about it all summer long
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                    We'll find out just enough this Saturday to leave us speculating about it all summer long
                    It will be interesting to see which theories are correct, and yeah, even though a few questions will be answered this next episode, there will probably still be many unanswered questions for us to speculate over while the shows in its break... Hopefully this will make the time pass quicker lol...

Comment

I bet Moffat pulls a complete 180 on us and reveals River to be just some woman from originally 1963 who lived next door to 76 Totters Lane!
                      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Having just re-watched the first episode, we see River having the same pains as Amy so:

Spoilers/Speculation for beyond Episode 6:
                        Spoiler:
                        She is also a ganger trapped in the same facility as Amy? only they won't find that out until they get there.

Reason: she suffered the stomach pains too, but her being Amy's daughter is far too obvious (imho).

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                          I bet Moffat pulls a complete 180 on us and reveals River to be just some woman from originally 1963 who lived next door to 76 Totters Lane!
                          But how did River time travel from 1963?
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

But how did River time travel from 1963?
                            It's just a joke. Stop taking things so literally!
                            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

She flew round the Earth with its rotation.

She built a basic Time cortex manipulator.

She used the rift energy in Cardiff to gather enough energy for a time jump or to open a time/space corridor.

IMAGINE, the possibilities are endless !!!!

N.C

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it.

Just remember the Ferengi rule of Acquisition: Hear all rumors, believe none of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X