Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't really seen that many eps of the 11th Doctor but...

I do know that River is one of my fav characters. I'm still kinda confused though.
    I get that River is Rory/Amy's child but... I so wasn't getting it when the Doctor was making kissy faces.

So is River the child and she gets with the Doctor or... what?
    sigpic
    My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
      • Why didn't River recognise Rory back in the pandorica opens/big bang?
      • Why didn't River relise she was crossing over her own timeline in the impossible astronaut/day of the moon?
      • Shes obviously not raised by Amy and Rory so when does she find out that they her parents? I mean the 3 some joke at the start of a good man was a kinda weird thing to tell your dad, plus wouldn't Amy and Rory be pretty distraught over the whole we lost our child cos we were with you thing and now our child is going to try and kill you?
      • Since the Doctor is the good man from a good man goes to war, and river kills a good man, and baby river is being trained to kill the doctor, theres a pretty strong possibility that River was in the spacesuit, so why didn't she know it was her?
      • Why doesn't River have super strength? she said in the impossible astronaut/ day of the moon that the child ripped its way out of the suit and its crazy strong
      • Why would the church have imprisoned her if they were some of the people who kidnapped her and wanted her to kill?
      All that can be answered all at once; Melody's/River's regeneration in "Day Of The Moon".

Yes. It's not uncommon for a Time Lord to have temporary memory issues after a regeneration, but Melody/River is completely human, and the first human to have regenerated because of her exposure to the time vortex during her conception (Amy and Rory playing the "hide the sausage" game on their wedding night in the TARDIS ). Perhaps her memory got totally swiss cheesed (I watched Quantum Leap today, lol) when she regenerated as a little girl.
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I personally don't think that River is the little girl who regenerates. Yeah, River has some Time Lord DNA in her, but that doesn't mean she has the ability to regenerate--she may not have that part; unless I'm completely misunderstanding the whole regeneration thing.

We may know who River is, but for that, we are left with more questions.

Oh and also--I'm not sure if I missed something (cause a lot of things go by quickly making it sometimes hard to keep up)--how did the baby River get Time Lord DNA: was it because Amy was travelling in the TARDIS or because they injected Time Lord DNA into her (baby River)?

This Timey-Whimey stuff makes my head hurt!
        There is always one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient Scientist1 View Post
          Oh and also--I'm not sure if I missed something (cause a lot of things go by quickly making it sometimes hard to keep up)--how did the baby River get Time Lord DNA: was it because Amy was travelling in the TARDIS or because they injected Time Lord DNA into her (baby River)?

This Timey-Whimey stuff makes my head hurt!
          They will probably reveal that Time Lords,and Humans are the same race.
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
            All that can be answered all at once; Melody's/River's regeneration in "Day Of The Moon".

Yes. It's not uncommon for a Time Lord to have temporary memory issues after a regeneration, but Melody/River is completely human, and the first human to have regenerated because of her exposure to the time vortex during her conception (Amy and Rory playing the "hide the sausage" game on their wedding night in the TARDIS ). Perhaps her memory got totally swiss cheesed (I watched Quantum Leap today, lol) when she regenerated as a little girl.

If Amy got pregnant on the TARDIS when did the bad guys capture her?
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
              They will probably reveal that Time Lords,and Humans are the same race.

And if that happens it is shark time.........The show would well and truly have jumped the shark if that happens.

Usually the 2nd part to a cliffhanger isn't that great, so I am keeping my expectations low.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                More importantly, why did the Doctor drop them off for 2 months or so to go do whatever before his older self contacted them all for the rendezvous in America?

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Before their trip to America, sometime between "A Christmas Carol" and "The Impossible Astronaut" during their brief time back on Earth.

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                  More importantly, why did the Doctor drop them off for 2 months or so to go do whatever before his older self contacted them all for the rendezvous in America?

N.C
                  I think the 909 year old Doctor wanted to have a little fun on his own and give Amy and Rory some downtime, but the 1103 year old Doctor from the future knew that they would be needed again, so he sent out the four invites to his younger self, Amy and Rory, River and Older Canton to meet him, burn his 1103 year old body, and meet his unaware 908 year old self in the diner.
                  Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Correction:

River DID remember who Rory was at the end of last season. Moffat confirmed it. She was just acting as if she hadn't for some reason.

Also, The Doctor went to lengths to show that he wasn't a good man. And River even pointed it out herself.

the title of the episode is referring to Rory, not the Doctor
                    Last edited by jameshawking; 14 June 2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I'm confused.

Hopefully my questions about River/The Doctor/Amy & Rory will be answered when they show more eps.
                      sigpic
                      My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
                        I do know that River is one of my fav characters. I'm still kinda confused though.
                        I get that River is Rory/Amy's child but... I so wasn't getting it when the Doctor was making kissy faces.

So is River the child and she gets with the Doctor or... what?
                        Ok I'm probably the worst person to explain this since I've only been a Doctor Who fan 3 weeks but..
                        River = Amy/Rory's baby girl Melody Pond.

At some point in the Doctor's future and current River's past they have a relationship - it's all a mystery. At this point The Doctor has only kissed her once, they may or may not be married (though that is unlikely IMHO.)
                        But they def. have a future relationship.

When the Doctor makes the kissing face he's realising he has a relationship/future with River (I.E his bestfriends's kid..)
                        sigpic

Comment

That kind of thing has been known to happen, you know.

But I doubt it would've happened if River wasn't part Time Lord.

Comment

Doesn't the TARDIS have onboard data banks of things in the universe and stuff?

Why would the Dalek have information about River that the TARDIS wouldn't? Surely the Doctor could have looked her up?

Comment

The jumbled up time stream. Remember, the Doctor met her for his first time at the Library.

She already had a long life with him before that time.

When you're a time traveler, time is not linear.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                                The jumbled up time stream. Remember, the Doctor met her for his first time at the Library.

She already had a long life with him before that time.

When you're a time traveler, time is not linear.

Yeah but let's not keep bringing up the Library episode. That was in the Doctor's past.... He could still conceivably look her up in the data banks if he felt motivated to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X