Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ancient Scientist1 View Post
    But why would the Doctor marry someone like her? I don't think the Doctor would marry someone who has no problem with killing.
    To me, it doesn't make any sense.
    Opposites attract, River is a powerful, intelligent woman, who the doctor knows for a fact he can love and that she is willing to sacrifice her life for the greater good from day one.. as for the killing, it seems that shes capable of it but only does it with good reason, just like Jack and Martha, and pretty much every companion he's ever had.. back in the parting of the ways jack killed a dalek in the tardis and the doctor was good with that so how is river doing it much different eh?? Granted she murdered someone, but it was said in the angels 2 parter that the doctor is there for that so it would seem theres more to that story then we know... and one day we'll find out. Shes pretty much the doctors equal in every way, I don't see how he could not marry her!
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

In the tardis in the pandorica opens she says "Whats wrong with you" and later in the episode she says "Oh doctor why do I let you out"

Sorry lads and ladies but thats further proof of her wifey partnerish... theres something else about her.. I can't wait to find out what it is..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
        Opposites attract, River is a powerful, intelligent woman, who the doctor knows for a fact he can love and that she is willing to sacrifice her life for the greater good from day one.. as for the killing, it seems that shes capable of it but only does it with good reason, just like Jack and Martha, and pretty much every companion he's ever had.. back in the parting of the ways jack killed a dalek in the tardis and the doctor was good with that so how is river doing it much different eh?? Granted she murdered someone, but it was said in the angels 2 parter that the doctor is there for that so it would seem theres more to that story then we know... and one day we'll find out. Shes pretty much the doctors equal in every way, I don't see how he could not marry her!
        River kills for a good reason? So killing a Dalek who apparently asked for mercy is a good reason? Hmm... I don't think that's what the Doctor would have done. And if I remember correctly the Dalek couldn't do anything dangerous at that point. She could have just left it alone that would have been the good thing, right? But no, instead she shot it.
        To top it off she said, when asked what happened to the Dalek, "It died." Why would she lie about what happened?

Concerning the murder that she did, wasn't she in jail for that? (or at least under custody)
        And if I remember correctly, she also was in jail. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't criminals go to jail?

Maybe after the Great Time War, he would have married her if they had met. But now... I would have to say no on that. Don't forget, before Rose came, he really had no problem with killing (evidence in "The End of the World"). Then when he said good-bye to Rose (for good this time), he said to her that she had helped him become the person he is now and that she must do the same with, I guess you could say, his twin or maybe clone (evidence in "Journey's End).

The Doctor and River, equal? I'm sorry, I just can't see that.
        There is always one.

Comment

River kills for a good reason? So killing a Dalek who apparently asked for mercy is a good reason? Hmm... I don't think that's what the Doctor would have done. And if I remember correctly the Dalek couldn't do anything dangerous at that point. She could have just left it alone that would have been the good thing, right? But no, instead she shot it.
          To top it off she said, when asked what happened to the Dalek, "It died." Why would she lie about what happened?

And what exactly would the Doctor have done had the Dalek asked him for mercy?

Killing it was the right thing. Daleks lie.....

And what episode was "The end of the world?" I don't recall that episode name.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            And what exactly would the Doctor have done had the Dalek asked him for mercy?

Killing it was the right thing. Daleks lie.....

And what episode was "The end of the world?" I don't recall that episode name.
            Move on cause he had bigger fish to fry. And wasn't the Dalek's weapon not working? Why kill the Dalek if his weapon isn't working? The Dalek would be useless.

The episode "The End of the World" is the second episode with Rose. (end of planet earth, Cassandra, I call her skin lady, wanting to make a buck or too and putting lives at risk, etc.)
            There is always one.

Comment

Move on cause he had bigger fish to fry. And wasn't the Dalek's weapon not working? Why kill the Dalek if his weapon isn't working? The Dalek would be useless.
              Actually the Dalek was recharging via the Pandorica energy.... If you watched the whole episode their guns did most certainly work once charged up enough.

The episode "The End of the World" is the second episode with Rose. (end of planet earth, Cassandra, I call her skin lady, wanting to make a buck or too and putting lives at risk, etc.)
              OH "slaps head" that episode..... I actually thought it was a bit meh.

Comment

Actually the Dalek was recharging via the Pandorica energy.... If you watched the whole episode their guns did most certainly work once charged up enough.
                Well, I did watch it all; I just forgot. (I just was remembering off it at the top of my head... but would the Doctor have used the gun if he was there and not her? That question is bugging me right now.) Haven't seen it since it ended, but I will watch the marathon on the 21st of April on the Space Channel. I'm definitely will be taking notes.

But my point is that because of her characteristics and mainly her attitude, I don't think she is his future wife. (And if she is, well, I don't think the Doctor's pick was a good one. Oh and the more I think about it, the more I think that the reason why he told her his name is so that, in the episode with the Tenth Doctor, he would trust her. That I think would be a good enough reason to tell her.)

But we shall certainly see what happens with River in the new series (coming on April 23!!! at least on the Space Channel... not sure about other networks)
                There is always one.

Comment

But my point is that because of her characteristics and mainly her attitude, I don't think she is his future wife. (And if she is, well, I don't think the Doctor's pick was a good one. Oh and the more I think about it, the more I think that the reason why he told her his name is so that, in the episode with the Tenth Doctor, he would trust her. That I think would be a good enough reason to tell her.)
                  Well your wrong, she is his wife, and again your wrong she's an excellent pick.. shes just a human.. shes not perfect she feels the emotions and all that and so ya if a dalek killed my husband i would be pretty peeved and probably react just like River did

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                    Well your wrong, she is his wife, and again your wrong she's an excellent pick.. shes just a human.. shes not perfect she feels the emotions and all that and so ya if a dalek killed my husband i would be pretty peeved and probably react just like River did
                    It's not like I'm saying that River doesn't have a huge crush on the Doctor cause it's obvious she does. But the Doctor does looked annoyed every time he meets her or at least sometimes when they meet (have to do more research on that but I'm pretty sure). I'm sure the Doctor admires her but he also admires his other companions and he didn't get married to them.
                    She seems to be a type of person who doesn't like to stay in one position. People like that tend not to get married. I can't remember off hand any that have.

Who knows maybe I am wrong. But for now, I will still say that she is not his wife until I am proven 100% wrong from the show itself--until there is a definite yes from River (not signs but verbally), none of this playing around or messing around (in the show).

I will be paying close attention to anything (what they say, their facial expressions, anything and everything) when I watch the marathon on April 21st.
                    There is always one.

Comment

River I have decided may possibly be his wife. However I've also decided that if she is it definately won't be in any normal sort of capacity. Moffat I don't believe would make it so obvious she is his wife and not sweep the rug out from under us.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        River I have decided may possibly be his wife. However I've also decided that if she is it definately won't be in any normal sort of capacity. Moffat I don't believe would make it so obvious she is his wife and not sweep the rug out from under us.
                        If she is his wife (which I doubt, really), then Moffat has definitely "hung a lantern" over it with the dialogue in "The Time of Angels" where River and Amy discuss the situation and River asks if it can really be anything so obvious.
                        sigpic
                        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I still say she's his mum.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            I still say she's his mum.

How so? We saw his mum in "the end of time" and she was an old duffer

Comment

Firstly, his mum would be a Time Lord, and Time Lords regenerate and time travel. Secondly, we don't canonically know that was his mum, do we? It was never confirmed or even mentioned on-screen.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                                Firstly, his mum would be a Time Lord, and Time Lords regenerate and time travel. Secondly, we don't canonically know that was his mum, do we? It was never confirmed or even mentioned on-screen.
                                Or if not his mother, then some other female relative.

The way River talks down to the Doctor reminds me of the way the women in my family (my mother and sister-in-law in particular) speak to me. They seem to think I'm A: Stupid, B: Still a child (I'm 40 BTW), or C: Both.
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X