No announcement yet.

The 10th Doctor Whump Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to include this one in my last batch of 10th Doctor whump fic recs - "Scars" by Figaro:

http://www.whofic.com/viewstory.php?sid=17767

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
      Has anyone seen this? It's supposed to be from the Daily Star? It's a British paper I believe:

Spoiler in tags and you will probably have to highlight to read as well since I copied it and can't seem to get the font to change. Anyway, if true, Woohoo!! LOL

Spoiler:

The article says that John Barrowman (Captain Jack Harkness) and Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith) will both be appearing in Series Four. The Star states that the former companions will appear in the series' finale, coming to the rescue of the Doctor, who has been seriously wounded in an explosion.

Does anyone else think

Spoiler:
      10th - 11th Doctor regeneration when they read that???

Just me? Okay.

Comment

So the new series has premiered in the UK and, without spoiling anything for folks outside of the UK, I said I'd at least pop in and let people know if there was anything whumpy to look forward to.

So.... no real whump in the first ep but a couple of nice angsty-ish moments dealing with:

Verrrrrrrry mild spoilers:
        Spoiler:
        ..the Doctor being alone and his a) need for companionship yet b) sadness over what has happened with recent companions..

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          So the new series has premiered in the UK and, without spoiling anything for folks outside of the UK, I said I'd at least pop in and let people know if there was anything whumpy to look forward to.

So.... no real whump in the first ep but a couple of nice angsty-ish moments dealing with:

Verrrrrrrry mild spoilers:
          Spoiler:
          ..the Doctor being alone and his a) need for companionship yet b) sadness over what has happened with recent companions..

Thanks for the notice. Only a few weeks to wait!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Yes thanks! I can't wait either! 2 weeks now I think because VofD is on first. <SIGH>
            Shelly
            My Photos
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
              Yes thanks! I can't wait either! 2 weeks now I think because VofD is on first. <SIGH>
              Well there's a teeeeeny tiny bit of whump to look forward to in VotD (and of course the usual lovely Doctor angst. )
              sigpic

Comment

Quick non-spoilery update again for those who wanted to know - no physical whump in Fires of Pompeii but some lovely Doctor angst...
                sigpic

Comment

Quick non-spoilery update again for those who wanted to know - no physical whump in Fires of Pompeii but some lovely Doctor angst...
                  Only 1 week for me to wait for new Dr. Who. I love your little snippets of info on whump. At least I know which ones to extra excited for!!! Thanks!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes! Me too! Thanks much!
                    Shelly
                    My Photos
                    sigpic

Comment

Popping it to bring you this post from P-90_177 from the thunk thread:

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      Hey guys. Not here for thunking. Just thought I'd share my latest work since it has to do with you're interests here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuVFuCijkWA
                      This is a nice vid and got some lovely angst in it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ooooh and for my usual update on the whump factor of new season episodes, episode 3 Planet of the Ood is a great action-packed episode, no serious whump to speak of but some nice chase scenes and rough and tumble and breathless Doctor...

Oh and some nice "caputred by the bad guys" bits.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ooooh and for my usual update on the whump factor of new season episodes, episode 3 Planet of the Ood is a great action-packed episode, no serious whump to speak of but some nice chase scenes and rough and tumble and breathless Doctor...

Oh and some nice "caputred by the bad guys" bits.
                          Can't wait. I'm just getting ready to watch the Christmas special now!! I'm on my way!!! Woo hoo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                            Can't wait. I'm just getting ready to watch the Christmas special now!! I'm on my way!!! Woo hoo
                            Wooohoooo! Yay!
                            sigpic

Comment

Oooh I bought a magazine yesterday that is a compilation of some of the comic strips published in the monthly Doctor Who magazine - and one of the stories in particular is lovely and whumpy! It's very well drawn too and quite a good likeness of DT.

Spoilers for content of comic:
                              Spoiler:
                              The Doctor and co get captured by big alien ice monsters and when the Doctor tries to answer back, as he usually does, one of the monsters puts a hand over his face, and the Doctor cries out in pain. Evidently this knocked him out because he next wakes up (groaning and muttering about the ice cream headache from hell! ) to find himself hanging upside down in the ice creatures control centre, his feet encased in ice holding him to the ceiling and under his head a contraption with three long spears of ice encircling his head. The ice creature boss uses this contraption to probe the Doctor's mind to try and find out who and what he really is. When he switches it on the Doctor screams. A while later, still being interrogated, the Doctor looks weak and exhausted. After finding out things that don't please him, the alien ice creature boss yells in fury and breathes ice at the Doctor, freezing him in place, coated in ice. The alien computer is registering that the Doctor's lifesigns are fading when Martha and co break in and rescue him, getting him free of the machine. He defrosts, the ice melting, and Martha and another man have to hold him up between them, water dripping from him, and he's shivering and stuttering as he speaks. Later, in an attempt to communicate with the alien's memory core, he stabs himself with a piece of icy alien (screaming with pain as he does so) which infects his genetic code with their DNA and makes him part icy alien. But when he tries to access the memory core, he struggles - the alien influence is too strong and is taking him over and the boss alien attacks him, knocking him down.

Oooooh it's all lovely whump - even if it's a comic!
                              sigpic

Comment

Oooh I bought a magazine yesterday that is a compilation of some of the comic strips published in the monthly Doctor Who magazine - and one of the stories in particular is lovely and whumpy! It's very well drawn too and quite a good likeness of DT.

Spoilers for content of comic:
                                Spoiler:
                                The Doctor and co get captured by big alien ice monsters and when the Doctor tries to answer back, as he usually does, one of the monsters puts a hand over his face, and the Doctor cries out in pain. Evidently this knocked him out because he next wakes up (groaning and muttering about the ice cream headache from hell! ) to find himself hanging upside down in the ice creatures control centre, his feet encased in ice holding him to the ceiling and under his head a contraption with three long spears of ice encircling his head. The ice creature boss uses this contraption to probe the Doctor's mind to try and find out who and what he really is. When he switches it on the Doctor screams. A while later, still being interrogated, the Doctor looks weak and exhausted. After finding out things that don't please him, the alien ice creature boss yells in fury and breathes ice at the Doctor, freezing him in place, coated in ice. The alien computer is registering that the Doctor's lifesigns are fading when Martha and co break in and rescue him, getting him free of the machine. He defrosts, the ice melting, and Martha and another man have to hold him up between them, water dripping from him, and he's shivering and stuttering as he speaks. Later, in an attempt to communicate with the alien's memory core, he stabs himself with a piece of icy alien (screaming with pain as he does so) which infects his genetic code with their DNA and makes him part icy alien. But when he tries to access the memory core, he struggles - the alien influence is too strong and is taking him over and the boss alien attacks him, knocking him down.

Oooooh it's all lovely whump - even if it's a comic!
                                **faints**
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X