No announcement yet.

The 10th Doctor Whump Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apart from those here writing their own 10th Doctor whump fics (really enjoyed "Learning," Alipeeps!), is anyone interested in sharing links to whump fics when they can find them? I'm finding it's not an easy task to dig them out of the massive pile of Doctor Who fanfiction. Some fics that definitely have a lot of whump have nothing in the story summary or story type to indicate whumpage, and there are a lot of fics labeled "hurt/comfort" that have no more than a bit of emotional angst.

I'll toss out a few that are complete stories:

"Take Two Companions and Call Back in the Morning" by Mardy Lass:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3765378/...In_The_Morning

"Bad Jelly Babies" by Mardy Lass:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3574687/1/Bad_Jelly_Babies

"The Shadow Land" by Ciaviel:
    http://www.whofic.com/viewstory.php?sid=13337

I've also been following a few that aren't finished yet. I know a lot of people don't like reading fics until they're finished since you never know if they will get finished one day, but if anyone's interested in the ongoing ones, I can post links for those too.

Anyone else know of any good ones?

Comment

[quote=Alipeeps;6624828]Seeing as we have a thunk thread for David Tennant, I figure why not have a whump thread for the Dr too? The tenth Doctor certainly seems to get his fair share - he spent most of his first episode comatose for goodness sake!

I think I'll kick things off with some nice caps from Evolution of the Daleks:

Great caps everyone! Where is the David Tennant Thunk Thread? I didn't seem to find it under Dr Who. Is is in another category? Thanks Came VERY late to the show but have been watching and catching up and njoying it alot. DT does do whump very well.
      Shelly
      My Photos
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
        Great caps everyone! Where is the David Tennant Thunk Thread? I didn't seem to find it under Dr Who. Is is in another category? Thanks Came VERY late to the show but have been watching and catching up and njoying it alot. DT does do whump very well.
        David Tennant Thunk Thread
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Alipeeps! I've been thunking every day now that I know where to go.

Couldn't let this thread slide into oblivion, I am a big fan of the whump.

Any pics I post at this time of Dr. Who have been greatfully snurched at Time and Space.co.uk. I love that place!

Clickie for bigger
          Shelly
          My Photos
          sigpic

Comment

Seem to be the only one around into 10th Doctor whump these days. Alipeeps, if you pop in, I read your fic Learning, found it at Fanfiction.net. It was wonderful. Have you ever written any more whump? Are there any more whump stories to be found? Guess I will just have to satisfy the whump craze with pics from the net and the episodes that whumped the poor Doctor.

Any pics I post at this time of Dr. Who have been greatfully snurched at Time and Space.co.uk. I love that place!
            Shelly
            My Photos
            sigpic

Comment

Seem to be the only one around into 10th Doctor whump these days. Alipeeps, if you pop in, I read your fic Learning, found it at Fanfiction.net. It was wonderful. Have you ever written any more whump? Are there any more whump stories to be found? Guess I will just have to satisfy the whump craze with pics from the net and the episodes that whumped the poor Doctor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...stmas00511.jpg

There's very little Dr Whump out there, it has to be said. Which is kinda why I wrote Learning. I will be writing more.. at some point. I'm just struggling to write anything recently.. *sigh*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                There's very little Dr Whump out there, it has to be said. Which is kinda why I wrote Learning. I will be writing more.. at some point. I'm just struggling to write anything recently.. *sigh*
                Sorry to see that, would really love to see another whump story from you. Learning was excellent. The Martha and the Doctor I could see acting the way they did, you captured their characters very well. The whump part was fabulous and I liked the solution though slightly quick as I would like to see more recovery but still a very enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing it.
                Shelly
                My Photos
                sigpic

Comment

Sorry to see that, would really love to see another whump story from you. Learning was excellent. The Martha and the Doctor I could see acting the way they did, you captured their characters very well. The whump part was fabulous and I liked the solution though slightly quick as I would like to see more recovery but still a very enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing it.
                  Awww thank you! *hugs RDAfan61*

I'm thrilled you think the characterisation was good - the Dr in particular is hard to capture because he is so mercurial and SO much of his personality is informed by the wonderful acting of DT - the expression on his face, the look in his eyes, as he says something tells you as much as, if not more than, the words he is saying. I was literally trying to picture him in my mind and hear his voice as I tried to write his dialogue!

Dunno if you like Firefly? One fairly good Dr Who story I've been reading is a Firefly/Dr Who crossover and it's just gotten whumpy (for the Dr) in the last chapter or two.... It's called The Man With No Name.
                  sigpic

Comment

Loved the Last of the Time Lords. I thought DT did an amazing job, especially in the last few moments. He shows such emotion. I could tell he was ripped apart inside over what had just happened.

Hubby has always watched Dr. Who. I never got into it until Chris E. became the Dr. Now you can't tear either one of us away from it. Hubby said that DT is fast becoming his favorite Dr. because he adds such a deep level of emotion to all he does.

Is it bad that I really like the sad, hurt emotion? Nah.
                    sigpic

Comment

Awww thank you! *hugs RDAfan61*

I'm thrilled you think the characterisation was good - the Dr in particular is hard to capture because he is so mercurial and SO much of his personality is informed by the wonderful acting of DT - the expression on his face, the look in his eyes, as he says something tells you as much as, if not more than, the words he is saying. I was literally trying to picture him in my mind and hear his voice as I tried to write his dialogue!

Dunno if you like Firefly? One fairly good Dr Who story I've been reading is a Firefly/Dr Who crossover and it's just gotten whumpy (for the Dr) in the last chapter or two.... It's called The Man With No Name.
                      Well I could picture him and hear his voice and Martha's as well so I think you did a wonderful job.
                      I have never seen Firefly but will check out the story anyway. Thanks for the link!

Shelly
                      My Photos
                      sigpic

Comment

Anyone read the original Dr Who novels they are releasing these days? I quite like em... just been reading a recent one (10th Dr/Martha) called Wetworld and it's got a rather delicious whumpy bit in it...

Spoilers for Wetworld:
                        Spoiler:
                        In an effort to find out what's happening on the planet they're on, and to help Martha, the Dr has someone deliberately inject him with the proteins that had infected Martha (and made her act aggressive etc) so he can find out what they do and why. Martha (now recovering from the infection and feeling better) finds him in the lab, struggling and growling on a hospital bed, restrained at the wrists and ankles, his eyes turned black from the infection. He's all fevered and groaning, varying between seeming to sleep restlessly, with a kindly scientist mopping his brow, and waking and snarling, fighting the restraints and tring to bite when Martha reaches out to him etc!

It's a fabby scene!
                        sigpic

Comment

Anyone read the original Dr Who novels they are releasing these days? I quite like em... just been reading a recent one (10th Dr/Martha) called Wetworld and it's got a rather delicious whumpy bit in it...

Spoilers for Wetworld:
                          Spoiler:
                          In an effort to find out what's happening on the planet they're on, and to help Martha, the Dr has someone deliberately inject him with the proteins that had infected Martha (and made her act aggressive etc) so he can find out what they do and why. Martha (now recovering from the infection and feeling better) finds him in the lab, struggling and growling on a hospital bed, restrained at the wrists and ankles, his eyes turned black from the infection. He's all fevered and groaning, varying between seeming to sleep restlessly, with a kindly scientist mopping his brow, and waking and snarling, fighting the restraints and tring to bite when Martha reaches out to him etc!

It's a fabby scene!
                          Thanks for the rec Alipeeps. <Huge whumpy sigh> I need to go buy that book.
                          Shelly
                          My Photos
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the rec Alipeeps. <Huge whumpy sigh> I need to go buy that book.
                            You definitely do. There's another nice whumpy bit near the end too where:

Spoilers for Wetworld
                            Spoiler:
                            He gets attacked by the slimy monster and it's covering his head and shoulders and dragging him away and he can't breathe and he's struggling and Martha's screaming and then he just goes limp...

And, without spoiling the plot too much, when he escapes from the monster he's all covered in slime and coughing and choking and Martha hugs him and he faints.
                            sigpic

Comment

You definitely do. There's another nice whumpy bit near the end too where:

Spoilers for Wetworld
                              Spoiler:
                              He gets attacked by the slimy monster and it's covering his head and shoulders and dragging him away and he can't breathe and he's struggling and Martha's screaming and then he just goes limp...

And, without spoiling the plot too much, when he escapes from the monster he's all covered in slime and coughing and choking and Martha hugs him and he faints.
                              Guh...... THUD
                              Shelly
                              My Photos
                              sigpic

Comment

OMG, Wetworld sounds absolouting amazing! *faints* Ah!

Anyway, was watching 'Age of Steel' yesterday and was reminded of him in a tux. Posted it here 'cos he's kinda in pain(?).

Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                                LOVE HIM-> DT
                                ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Working...
                                X