X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    Spoilers for Wetworld:
    Spoiler:
    Martha (now recovering from the infection and feeling better) finds him in the lab, struggling and growling on a hospital bed, restrained at the wrists and ankles, his eyes turned black from the infection. He's all fevered and groaning, varying between seeming to sleep restlessly, with a kindly scientist mopping his brow, and waking and snarling, fighting the restraints and tring to bite when Martha reaches out to him etc!

It's a fabby scene!
    Sounds fab to me.
    LiveJournal

"I never wanted to be an actor. I wanted to be a Time Lord...it just took me a while to figure it out."
    David Hewlett, SciFi Magazine, April 2008

Comment

Time to bump up the thread a bit before we lose it...

To start off a pic of DT from Sound of Drums...
      Spoilered for size.

Spoiler:

From the BBC Doctor Who website.

And now, something I've been working on in school, especially during Maths, which I hate. It's...odd . To begin with, I must admit. (When I showed it to my librarian she blushed.) Its more emotional whump than anything. It started out as an idea then it kind of went on for longer than I anticipated. Below is only some of what I've written, but the rest is just filler.
      Enjoy.

(I would class it as PG-13 or something near that...)
      Spoiler:
      “You’re quite handsome, you know.”
      “Um…thanks.” Was the Doctors reply, he was quite stunned to hear this.
      “No. Really…” She advanced upon him whilst the Doctor started backing away. Watching the floor, he avoided her eyes as she still advanced. Until his head came into contact with the wall. He was pinned and the wall forced him to look up. Her eyes were a shocking green, with many depths to be explored. But he pulled himself away and turned his head to the side, eyes closed.
      “Look. I’m flattered, really…” He trailed off as a hand gripped his chin and pulled his face around. His eyes snapped open and were met with…those green eyes. They drew him in, deeper and deeper. There was depth. So much depth and darkness. He didn’t blink. The connection stayed and he was soon drinking her in. His spirit weakened.
      “But…” His last attempt at an argument was lost as their lips touched. He felt a spark of electricity as the hairs on the back of his neck stood on end. His eyes were closed and his only sense was touch. He felt her hand brush his face and he stiffened. Suddenly aware of all that was happening. His eyes snapped open as he felt her hand caress his hair. Pushing her away he slid along the wall to escape the room, fleeing into the corridor beyond.
      She fell heavily. Her foot caught and she twisted, turned and fell. Her head contacting the floor below as she fell unconscious.

Outside the Doctor was shaking. He slid down the wall, head in hands, and found the courage to release a few tears. They flowed smoothly for a few moments until they eased off and stopped. Hugging his knees he sat wiping hi eyes and too, into full account, what had happened. He leant back against the wall and felt it’s cool stoic pressure behind him. The cold bit into his back and reassured him. He stared unblinkingly at the opposite wall, trying in a vain attempt to soothe his fluttering heartbeats. He decided to take a brisk walk to clear his mind. After clambering shakily to his feet, he set off.

In the other room, the girl was slowly awakening. Her eyes were scrunched up in pain. She attempted to sit up and felt a world of pain erupt in her head. Falling back to the floor she gingerly felt the back of her head. It was sticky. Dried blood. She groaned and stared at the wall. Her previous actions came back to her in a whirl of colour and touch. She felt as if a fog had been lifted from her mind and she could see things clearly. Her eyes widened and she scrambled to her feet to find him.

If you want to read more, just ask and I'll post the next best bit. It's supposed to link into a fanfic I'm writing at the moment, but...
      Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
      LOVE HIM-> DT
      ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Trying to revive the thread, new pictures from david-tennant.com
        Spoilered for size.

Spoiler:

LOVE HIM-> DT

Comment

Thanks! Can't wait till we get to see this episode. Anyone have a clue when it would air in the US?
          Shelly
          My Photos
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hulabaloo View Post
            Trying to revive the thread, new pictures from david-tennant.com
            Spoilered for size.

Oooh nice bit of angsty-looking Dr there! Thanks!

Anyone been checking out the Advent-ure Calendar on the official Dr Who website? I think it was no 5 had a little Dr Who story and there was a nice little bit of whump in there if anyone wanted to check it out...

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
            Thanks! Can't wait till we get to see this episode. Anyone have a clue when it would air in the US?
            No idea really. I think they'll usually show it as the first episode of the next Season so it'll be whenever Season 4 airs... Season 3 aired in the late summer/fall this year, didn't it? So could be quite a wait...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
              Oooh nice bit of angsty-looking Dr there! Thanks!

Anyone been checking out the Advent-ure Calendar on the official Dr Who website? I think it was no 5 had a little Dr Who story and there was a nice little bit of whump in there if anyone wanted to check it out...

No idea really. I think they'll usually show it as the first episode of the next Season so it'll be whenever Season 4 airs... Season 3 aired in the late summer/fall this year, didn't it? So could be quite a wait...
              Ack was it that late. <SIGH> I saw the story but hadn't read it yet. Thanks much for the heads up on the whump!
              Shelly
              My Photos
              sigpic

Comment

Someone suggested posting links to whump fics they have found. I found a couple that I enjoyed. Both have Rose in them but no romance type stuff, just good friends. The first one has Jack in it as well and is quite whumpy for the Doctor and very angsty for all.

http://www.whofic.com/viewstory.php?sid=14300

This one has a neat twist at the end that I didn't see coming but maybe should have as there are clues. It's in the description of the chapters which I didn't read thankfully so I posted a different link for it so as to keep the ending a surprise for those who enjoy that.

http://www.whofic.com/viewstory.php?...46&chapter=all
                Shelly
                My Photos
                sigpic

Comment

Oooooh bit of 10th whump in VotD...
                  Spoiler:
                  aside from all the delicious emo angst, of course , the Doctor got cut across his upper arm by one of the flying halos and gave a rather nice cry of pain... and then of course proceeded to ignore the injury for the rest of the episode. *sigh* Ah well. I'll take what little I can get..
                  sigpic

Comment

Me too, thanks Ali! I'll be looking forward to that part.
                    Shelly
                    My Photos
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
                      Me too, thanks Ali! I'll be looking forward to that part.
                      On second watching there were some other enjoyable moments too... where he
                      Spoiler:
                      is being restrained/manhandled/dragged from the room by burly sailors or by bad guys!
                      sigpic

Comment

It was a fantastically whumpy ep.

Oh and I got Wetworld for Christmas and I finished it yesturday. Squee!
                        LOVE HIM-> DT

Comment

It was a fantastically whumpy ep.

Oh and I got Wetworld for Christmas and I finished it yesturday. Squee!
                          Squeeee! Good whump, eh?

Coincidentally, I'm just reading another Dr Who novel, one I seem to have missed in my previous buying frenzy, which also as some good whump.

It's Wishing Well by Trevor Baxendale and in this one the Dr gets:

Spoilers for Wishing Well:
                          Spoiler:
                          ..stuck upside down in a well, wrapped in fibres that when he tries to sonic them tighten a little painfully; caught in a tunnel collapse and emerges with his face "streaked with cuts and mud" and has a nasty graze on his forehead that he sits and dabs at with a handkerchief; he tries to examine an alien object and it zaps him with a bolt of green light, knocking him and his chair over and leaving him unconscious and apparently dead, with no pulse. Martha knows enough to know that his pulse is slower than humans' and by listening to his chest she finds a faint beat on the right-hand side but he is white as a sheet and barey breathing and all they can do is wait and hope he wakes up; an alien entity tries to take control of him and he sinks to his knees as he tries to fight it, his face contorting in agony.

Not bad at all on the whump front!
                          sigpic

Comment

Thats now next on my list!
                            LOVE HIM-> DT

Comment

Thats now next on my list!
                              Dammit. I'm really in a 10th Dr whumpy mood.. (I rewatched 42 yesterday! ). I really need a good whumpy fanfic story or 10... *sigh*
                              sigpic

Comment

I get the impression that RTD is a whumper at heart. The VoTD ep...

Just watched the Confidential and he said this at the end...
                                Spoilers for VoTD:
                                Spoiler:
                                "...and we're left with the image of a lonely Doctor. Which I quite like..." I cant remember it word for word but it was something like that. Just gives me the idea that he is...
                                LOVE HIM-> DT

Comment

Working...
                                X