The 10th Doctor Whump Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hulabaloo View Post
    I get the impression that RTD is a whumper at heart. The VoTD ep...

Just watched the Confidential and he said this at the end...
    Spoilers for VoTD:
    Spoiler:
    "...and we're left with the image of a lonely Doctor. Which I quite like..." I cant remember it word for word but it was something like that. Just gives me the idea that he is...
    Oh yeah. RTD is all for the Dr being dark and angsty and tortured. *huggles RTD*
    sigpic

Comment

*sighs happily* I watched some edited highlights last night... particularly of a certain scene in Human Nature.. I'm really thinking that scene needs a tag fic...
      sigpic

Comment

Go for it...
        Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
        LOVE HIM-> DT
        ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Yes, please do! Would love to see another Tenth Doctor fic from you!
          Shelly
          My Photos
          sigpic

Comment

So many fics I want to write... so little time!
            sigpic

Comment

Has anyone seen this? It's supposed to be from the Daily Star? It's a British paper I believe:

Spoiler in tags and you will probably have to highlight to read as well since I copied it and can't seem to get the font to change. Anyway, if true, Woohoo!! LOL

Spoiler:

The article says that John Barrowman (Captain Jack Harkness) and Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith) will both be appearing in Series Four. The Star states that the former companions will appear in the series' finale, coming to the rescue of the Doctor, who has been seriously wounded in an explosion.

Shelly
              My Photos
              sigpic

Comment

Hey, a Tenth Doctor Whump thread! Awesome! I love the tenth Doctor! He makes the best facial expressions

*sighs happily* I watched some edited highlights last night... particularly of a certain scene in Human Nature.. I'm really thinking that scene needs a tag fic...
                Are you talkin about the one where he's talking about his favorite band?

Comment

Originally posted by wraithfound View Post
                  Are you talkin about the one where he's talking about his favorite band?
                  Nope. That's in the outtakes/deleted scenes in the DVD extras (though it is hilarious and I love it!). This being the whump thread, I was talking about the (brief) bit where he's using the chameleon arch and screaming in pain!
                  sigpic

Comment

Watched the season ender when Rose left!!! What emotion!! *sigh** Hubby said he didn't like that they didn't let him say "I Love You" I loved that because it just felt right. The raw look on his face *guh*

Then of course enter the Bride!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

i watched the new season ender , the death of the ~
                      Spoiler:
                      master
                      is so sad poor old doctor all alone , so sad , he shows alot of emotion then
                      Last edited by kiwigater; 31 January 2008, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Ahhh... talk in the DT thunk thread has turned to matters of 10th Doctor whump and inspired me to pop back in here to express my whumpy squeee.

I rewatched edited highlights of 42 last night (read: all the bits with DT in) for the physical whump and The Sound of Drums for some lovely angst.

Damn I love 42 so much. It's a whumper's dream of an episode.
                        Spoiler:
                        Literally like the last 10 minutes or so is the Doctor writhing in pain, screaming (boy, there's a lot of screaming! ) and panicking. And oh how my heart breaks when he tells Martha, "I'm scared! I'm so scared!" Love that about him - that it's not the thought of dying that scares him but the thought of losing control, losing himself, and being used to harm and kill others. He's desperately holding it together, trying to fight off the influence of the sun creature burning through him, causing him terrible pain, and yet what he's worried most about is everyone else. *hugs 10th and squishes him*
                        sigpic

Comment

Popping in to share links to a few more whumpy 10th Doctor fics I've run across. RDAfan61 posted a link a couple of months ago to Adalia Zandra's "Sense." I'd also recommend her story "Loophole":

http://www.whofic.com/viewstory.php?sid=13502

And I *highly* recommend her story "Heat Tolerance." I was practically salivating waiting for new chapters of this one when it was first being posted:

http://www.whofic.com/viewstory.php?sid=14804

Figaro's "Enclave" has some good Doctor whumpiness, and a bit of Jack whump as well:

http://www.whofic.com/viewstory.php?sid=18275

There's a sequel to "Enclave" being written at the moment - no real whump yet, but I'll keep you posted.

No overt shippiness or slash in any of these if you're not especially into those types of fics.

That's it for now!

Comment

Thanks Ellijay! You're right, Heat Tolerance was very nice. Will have to check out your other recs! Thanks again!
                            Shelly
                            My Photos
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ellijay View Post
                              Popping in to share links to a few more whumpy 10th Doctor fics I've run across. RDAfan61 posted a link a couple of months ago to Adalia Zandra's "Sense." I'd also recommend her story "Loophole":

http://www.whofic.com/viewstory.php?sid=13502

And I *highly* recommend her story "Heat Tolerance." I was practically salivating waiting for new chapters of this one when it was first being posted:

http://www.whofic.com/viewstory.php?sid=14804

Figaro's "Enclave" has some good Doctor whumpiness, and a bit of Jack whump as well:

http://www.whofic.com/viewstory.php?sid=18275

There's a sequel to "Enclave" being written at the moment - no real whump yet, but I'll keep you posted.

No overt shippiness or slash in any of these if you're not especially into those types of fics.

That's it for now!
                              Oooh thank you for those recs... there's not enough 10th whump fic out there so it's great to find some good stuff!
                              sigpic

Comment

Just read 'Heat Tolerance' lovely piece of writing! She is so very talented. Thanks for the links!
                                Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                                LOVE HIM-> DT
                                ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Working...
                                X