X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Fourth Doctor Audio Adventures
    Monday, 06 August, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/08...dventures.html

Big Finish have confirmed that the Fourth Doctor, as played by Tom Baker, will be continuing his audio adventures until at least 2021.

Two new audio series featuring the enigmatic time-travelling bohemian have been confirmed, out for release in 2020 and 2021 with the Fourth Doctor being joined by some old friends.

In series nine of The Fourth Doctor Adventures, Tom Baker’s Doctor is reunited with Time-Lady Romanadvoratrelundar II, played by Lalla Ward. And joining them will be Adric, played by Matthew Waterhouse, in his first adventures back with Tom since his regeneration in 1981. John Leeson also reprises K9, the Doctor’s faithful robo-canine companion.

These stories are set in the beginning of Tom Baker’s last television series as the Doctor, season 18, in between the stories State of Decay and Warrior’s Gate. Trapped in E-Space, a pocket universe next to our own (N-Space), the Doctor acquires a new companion Adric, a 15 year old mathematical genius, who begins to travel with the Doctor and Romana.

Volume 1 of Series 9 of The Fourth Doctor Adventures is out for release in January 2020:
    • 9.1 Purgatory 12 by Marc Platt
    • 9.2 Chase the Night by Jonathan Morris

And Volume 2 of Series 9 follows in February 2020:
    • 9.3 The Planet of Witches by Alan Barnes
    • 9.4 The Quest of the Engineer by Andrew Smith

Matthew Waterhouse
    talked about travelling with the Fourth Doctor again
    I’ve always found that when recording a Doctor Who on audio, it felt like coming home. I absolutely loved it, and this (new series) is another development of that. I love the idea of E-Space with the Fourth Doctor, Romana, Adric and K9 travelling together.

David Richardson, producer of The Fourth Doctor Adventures on audio, explains what mystical escapades this TARDIS team will encounter in a universe very different to our own
    We’re returning to another much-loved era in Season 9, as the E-Space trilogy gets a massive extension on audio and we explore strange and wonderful worlds in another universe with the genius team of the Doctor, Romana, Adric and K-9.

It’s been such fun recreating the tone and high-concept style of that era, as the travellers begin the search for a CVE (Charged Vacuum Emboitment) which can take them (or at least most of them) home.

In Series 10 the Fourth Doctor will be reunited with Leela (played by Louise Jameson) in four new double-length adventures. David Richardson explains more:
    For Series 10 it’s a joy to welcome back our friends Louise Jameson and John Leeson to reprise Leela and K9. The stories include a prequel to The Sun Makers, a visit to a doomed world, and a group of time-travelling tourists who make a terrible mistake.

Series 10 will be released in January and February 2021.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Big Finish Celebrates Twenty Years of Audio Adventures
      Monday, 13 August, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/08...-years-of.html

Big Finish Productions
      has announced its first wave of special releases to celebrate 20 years of Doctor Who audio adventures

As part of the anniversary celebrations, Big Finish is releasing a number of special titles in 2019 and 2020, each focused on an incarnation of the Time Lord. And today they unveil the first two titles.

Coming out this November, Sylvester McCoy’s calculating and comic Doctor returns with two companions from the Virgin Books’ New Adventures of Doctor Who: Yasmin Bannerman plays Roz Forrester and Travis Oliver plays Chris Cwej in Doctor Who – The New New Adventures.

The Virgin Books’ New Adventures of Doctor Who took the reigns of Doctor Who after the television series finished after its 26th season back in 1989. The novels took a darker, deeper approach to Doctor Who, using longer storylines and ideas that wouldn’t have made it to the television screen.

This new box set includes four stories:
      1. The Trial of a Time Machine by Andy Lane
      2. Vanguard by Steve Jordan
      3. The Jabari Countdown by Alan Flanagan
      4. The Dread of Night by Tim Foley

Producer and director Scott Handcock explains
      As a fan who grew up in the era of the New Adventures novels, I was thrilled when David Richardson offered me the opportunity to tackle a new box set featuring the Seventh Doctor, Roz Forrester and Chris Cwej. The feedback to the novel adaptations was fantastic, and getting the chance to tell completely new stories with this TARDIS team has been a joy!

We’ve tried to make the most of the box set format, so we have four original hour-long stories reuniting the Doctor, Roz and Chris – and, of course, Sylvester, Yasmin and Travis, who struck up such a brilliant rapport on the adaptations. The four new tales tackle very different genres, in very different settings and times, with Chris and Roz creator Andy Lane kicking off the box set with his story, The Trial of a Time Machine. There really is something for everyone!

The New New Adventures will be released in November 2018, available as a CD box set for £23 or on download at £20 from www.bigfinish.com

Two new adventures are also being released for the bohemian Fourth Doctor adapted from the comic strip by Pat Mills and Dave Gibbons that featured in Doctor Who Magazine (when it was Doctor Who Weekly).

Doctor Who: The Comic Strip Adaptations will be released in March 2019 comprising of:
      1. Doctor Who and the Iron Legion adapted by Alan Barnes
      2. Doctor Who and the Star Beast adapted by Alan Barnes

In these two adventures, we find the Fourth Doctor travelling with his famed elongated technicolour scarf for company. He’ll encounter the Iron Legion, an army of robotic Roman legionnaires, and in Doctor Who and the Star Beast, the Fourth Doctor encounters one of the deadliest and most adorable villains ever – Beep the Meep!

Nicholas Briggs, director of the Fourth Doctor audio adventures, explains
      These Fourth Doctor comic strip adaptations have a whole different feel to them. It’s like they’re from a parallel universe vision of Doctor Who. Tom Baker spotted it straight away, emailing me the moment he’d read The Iron Legion, commenting that this was ‘a bit DIFFERENT’ – actually typing ‘different’ in capitals! But he rose manfully to the challenge and entered into the spirit of it all wonderfully. And that spirit is that they are, essentially, wackier.

There’s a feeling of ‘we could do anything because there are no budget restrictions’ in the original comic strips, and our adaptor, Alan Barnes, has captured this perfectly. Crazy characters, extravagant action sequences. And Alistair Lock has done a superb job with his sound design and music.

The Star Beast has a slightly different feel. The alien monster craziness is contrasted sharply with a dash of kitchen sink drama and a touch of Grange Hill, which predated the TV series exploring more domestic settings. It’s interesting how the brilliant comics writer of these strips, Pat Mills, kind of anticipated this. Alan has a great love for Pat’s work, and he was absolutely the right fit to adapt these beautiful, bonkers adventures of an extra-eccentric Fourth Doctor.

These two epic stories will be released in March 2019 as a 5-disc CD box set for £23 or on download at £20 from www.bigfinish.com. Or you can get both sets together as a pre-order bundle, at £46 on CD or £40 on download.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Doctor Who 20th Anniversary On Audio
        Monday, 20 August, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/08...-on-audio.html

Big Finish is to celebrate 20 years of creating Doctor Who stories on audio with The Legacy of Time – the biggest audio crossover event ever.

Six hour-long stories see characters from the entire history of Doctor Who crossing paths – some for the very first time – Classic and New Series Doctor Who will collide.

Professor River Song (Alex Kingston) meets her predecessor, a time-traveling archaeologist, Professor Bernice Summerfield (Lisa Bowerman). Kate Stewart (Jemma Redgrave) travels back in time to classic UNIT and meets the Third Doctor (voiced by Tim Treloar) and Jo Grant (Katy Manning).

As 2019 is also the 30th anniversary year of their first appearance in Remembrance of the Daleks, the Counter-Measures team will be reunited with the Seventh Doctor (Sylvester McCoy) and Ace (Sophie Aldred). And the Sixth Doctor (Colin Baker) and his companion Charlotte Pollard (India Fisher) once again meet Detective Inspector Patricia Menzies (Anna Hope) in a police procedural like no other!

Plus a visit to Gallifrey, and elsewhere the Time War. Doctors will meet, and there will be Easter Eggs aplenty.
        Time is collapsing.

Incidents of temporal chaos and devastation are appearing throughout the many lives of the Doctor and his friends – falllout from one terrible disaster.

The Doctor must save history itself – and he will need all the help he can get.
        1. Lies in Ruins by James Goss
        2. The Split Infinitive by John Dorney
        3. The Sacrifice of Jo Grant by Guy Adams
        4. Episode four by Matt Fitton (to be confirmed)
        5. The Avenues of Possibility by Jonny Morris
        6. Collision Course by Guy Adams

The truth is revealed, and it will take more than one Doctor to save the day!

The cast of The Legacy of Time includes:

Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Paul McGann, Sylvester McCoy, Alex Kingston, Lisa Bowerman, Sophie Aldred, Simon Williams, Pamela Salem, Karen Gledhill, Hugh Ross, Tim Treloar, Katy Manning, Jemma Redgrave, Ingrid Oliver, India Fisher, Anna Hope, Lalla Ward and Louise Jameson…

Executive Producer and one of the founding members of Big Finish, Nicholas Briggs told us about this exciting new release
        The Legacy of Time will probably go down in Big Finish history as our biggest, most exciting production, ever! Celebrating 20 years of Doctor Who at Big Finish, it expertly pulls together all the strands from our many and varied Doctor Who ranges.
        This is down to the brilliance of script editor Matt Fitton and producer David Richardson. They epitomise the creative strength, organisational expertise and leadership of the company. Quite simply, this is going to blow people’s minds! It’s got everything!

The producer assigned this epic task is David Richardson.
        How do you celebrate something that has meant so much to all of us who work here – the friendships, the freedom to be creative, the glory that is Doctor Who itself? That was the challenge facing myself and Matt Fitton, but once I’d had an idea for what this six-hour epic would be about (spoilers!) it was then relatively easy to start assembling the huge team of characters and actors who would take us on the journey.

The Legacy of Time is quite possibly the biggest Doctor Who story we have ever told at Big Finish. It’s been so hugely satisfying to make – I hope everyone finds it just as satisfying to listen to!

Chairman and Executive producer of Big Finish, Jason Haigh-Ellery said.
        In July 1999 we released The Sirens of Time. In July 2019 we're releasing The Legacy of Time. Those two decades have been so fulfilling for us at Big Finish - a chance to work with so many great and talented actors, writers, productions crews and all of our friends at the BBC. This is a celebration of it all, with lots of surprise returns and references. Think of it as one massive Doctor Who party - and everyone is invited…

Doctor Who: The Legacy of Time will be available from bigfinish.com on download and, as one of the last audio producers and distributors still making CDs, released in an eight-disc CD set with a limited edition of just 4,000.

Doctor Who: The Legacy of Time will be released in July 2019 to coincide with the 20th anniversary of Big Finish’s first Doctor Who release, The Sirens of Time.

Comment

And the actual Big Finish news item that “Marcus” just copy/pasted from without attribution:

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doc...legacy-of-time
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Series 11 Writers and Directors Announced
            Monday, 20 August, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/08...directors.html

The BBC has announced the team behind the new series of Doctor Who, launching this autumn on BBC One and around the world.

In revealing the list, showrunner Chris Chibnall says
            We have a team of writers who’ve been working quietly and secretly for a long time now, crafting characters, worlds and stories to excite and move you. A set of directors who stood those scripts up on their feet, bringing those ideas, visuals and emotions into existence with bravura and fun.

Hailing from a range of backgrounds, tastes and styles, here’s what unites them: they are awesome people as well as brilliant at their job. (It matters!) They love Doctor Who. And they’ve all worked above and beyond the call of duty in an effort to bring audiences something special, later this year.

Writers

Former Children’s Laureate Malorie Blackman has written over 60 books for children and young adults including the Noughts and Crosses series of novels, and her book Pig-Heart Boy, which was adapted into a BAFTA-winning, six-part TV serial. Malorie says:
            I’ve always loved Doctor Who. Getting the chance to write for this series has definitely been a dream come true.

Ed Hime was nominated for a Craft BAFTA for his first episode of Skins, and won the Prix Italia for his radio play The Incomplete Recorded Works of a Dead Body. Ed says:
            Writing for this series comes down to the adventure really, and telling emotionally engaging stories to bring everyone along with you.

Playwright and screenwriter Vinay Patel’s television debut, Murdered By My Father, won the 2016 Royal Television Society Award for Best Single Drama and was nominated for three BAFTAs. Vinay says:I grew up watching shows like Star Trek and Quantum Leap on the edge of my dad’s bed, and I loved how they managed to capture the imagination of a kid like me as well as acting as a moral compass. I never imagined that I’d get to write for Doctor Who – I was pretty thrilled.

Pete McTighe is the originating writer of Wentworth, the female prison drama that has sold to over 150 countries. He’s written over a hundred hours of TV drama and been nominated for five Writers Guild Awards. Pete says:
            My entire television career has quite literally been an elaborate plan to get to write Doctor Who – and no one is more shocked than me that it paid off. I've been having the time of my life working with Chris, and writing for Jodie and the new team, and can't wait for everyone to see what we've been up to.

Joy Wilkinson has been selected as a Screen International Star of Tomorrow and has had two screenplays featured on the Brit List. Her TV scripts include the critically-acclaimed BBC five-parter The Life and Adventures of Nick Nickleby, while her theatre work has won prizes including the Verity Bargate Award. Joy says:
            I loved the show and felt like it might be a good fit for me, but I knew it was really hard to get onto. So quite frankly I’m still pinching myself to be here!

Directors

Sallie Aprahamian has been directing television for over two decades with critically acclaimed shows including: Extremely Dangerous, The Sins, Real Men, The Lakes, Teachers and This Life. Sallie’s memories of Doctor Who go right back to the 1960s, when William Hartnell created the role. She says:
            I watched the First Doctor from behind the sofa through my fingers, frightened and exhilarated. I was really delighted, as a fan and as a director, to be invited to work on the first female Doctor’s series. What a brilliant time to be on the show!

Jamie Childs, who directed Jodie Whittaker’s reveal as the Thirteenth Doctor, returns for the opening episode of the new series. Jamie says
            Doctor Who represents an important part of our television landscape. We tend to avoid making many shows in Britain that really allow the audience to properly escape, and Doctor Who has been doing this for decades. So yes, sign me up – I’ve always wanted to be part of that! There really aren’t many shows made over here that allow the viewer to travel to another universe.

Jennifer Perrott wrote, directed, produced and executive produced her award-winning 35mm short film The Ravens. Since finishing Doctor Who she has been directing Gentleman Jack, a forthcoming BBC One/HBO historical drama series created by Sally Wainwright. Jennifer says:
            Doctor Who is an iconic show and one I’d loved as a child, especially when Tom Baker was the Doctor. Space travel has become more a part of modern life and this has opened the door for more human stories to be told amidst the escapist fantasy of saving the world from alien invasion. The aliens are now as emotionally complex as the humans, and I was really excited by that.

Mark Tonderai went to school in Zimbabwe and architecture school in Kingston, before landing a job at the BBC as a trainee presenter. Mark has directed the full season of The Five, Impulse, Lucifer, Gotham, Black Lightning, George RR Martin’s Nightflyers and Jennifer Lawrence thriller House at the End of the Street. Mark says:
            What was really crucial in my decision to direct the show was Chris Chibnall. I’m a huge fan of his and I like the way he sees the world. He has this ability to entertain and also deliver truths – questions, too – about who we are. And he does it all with a hint of a smile.

Comment

Season 19 Gets Limited Edition Blu-ray
              Tuesday, 21 August, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/08...n-blu-ray.html

BBC Studios have announced Doctor Who Season 19 will be the next release in the Doctor Who: The Collection range.

Season 19 is Peter Davison’s first series as the Fifth Doctor and this edition follows the success of Tom Baker’s first season on Blu-ray which sold out within days of release.

The set will be released on the 19th November 2018, as a collector’s edition limited run.

The title will be available to pre-order from HMV and Amazon from tomorrow.
              Peter Davison joined the long running BBC series in 1982, replacing Tom Baker as the Doctor. His first season bursts with the fresh energy and breathless excitement that would come to define his era. Across seven classic adventures, the Doctor and his companions Tegan, Nyssa and Adric face off against The Master, the terrifying Mara, the Terileptils, the Plasmatons, Monarch and the revamped Cybermen, making a triumphant return to the series in one of the programme’s all-time classics.

The Limited Edition Blu-ray includes brand new ‘Special Features’ exclusive to this set include: Five new ‘Making-Of’ documentaries for Castrovalva, Four To Doomsday, Black Orchid, Earthshock and Time-Flight, surround sound mixes for Kinda and Earthshock, an Extended Version of Black Orchid Part One, rare studio footage from Castrovalva, Four To Doomsday, Earthshock and Time-Flight, updated special effects for Castrovalva, seven more editions of Behind The Sofa and a newly-shot one-hour interview Peter Davison In Conversation with Matthew Sweet, and much more.

The eight-disc box set also includes the Peter Davison/David Tennant mini-episode Time Crash, plus hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD.

All 26 episodes are being remastered from scratch by Peter Crocker and Mark Ayres. With this season’s original 16mm film elements still in existence, the location material can be presented in true HD, with studio material upscaled. Lee Binding is again providing stunning packaging design and Pete McTighe has written extensive booklet notes and is the content consultant for the title.

Doctor Who: The Collection is executively produced for BBC Studios by Russell Minton.

DOCTOR WHO: THE COLLECTION - SEASON 19 includes the following stories from 1982:
              1. [*=1]Castrovalva (Four episodes)
                [*=1] Four To Doomsday (Four Episodes)
                [*=1]Kinda (Four Episodes)
                [*=1]The Visitation (Four Episodes)
                [*=1]Black Orchid (Two Episodes)
                [*=1]Earthshock (Four Episodes)
                [*=1]Time-Flight (Four episodes)

Comment

Ok. I'm listening.

Cannot resist that - "my" Doctor's first season on DVD... Castrovalva in particular has truly biblical significance in my WHO life.

Not real sure what the mean with the "sold out" reference to S12!

Also not keen on them referring to it as limited edition... If these BluRays are as popular as they appear to be, then why limit them?

Three, sir.
                What?
                Three sir is what comes after two.
                Do you know, that's exactly what I thought.
                And then four and then five and then six and then seven -
                Stop! Please. You're making me dizzy. We'll have to give you a badge for mathematical excellence. Adric. Adric!
                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                and lots more!

Comment

It won't be a limited production run fullstop, that wouldn't make any financial sense. If that were the case, they would have to sell an ungodly number of these just to recoup the cost of A/V processing, disc pressing, and package production.

What it almost certainly means is that there will be a limited number of the "Limited Edition" packaging made, and a standard version containing the same exact same discs but with simpler packaging will follow.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine Special Edition: The World of Doctor Who
                    Saturday, 25 August, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/08...l-edition.html

The latest DWM Special Edition explores the international appeal of Doctor Who and the way the show’s audience has evolved since the 1960s.

There have been Doctor Who fans for as long as there has been Doctor Who. And like the series itself, fandom has spent decades evolving into a global phenomenon, with enthusiasts in such far-flung territories as the United States, China and New Zealand.

If you’re new to Doctor Who, or curious about the way its viewers are inspired by the programme, then this unique guide will tell you everything you need to know about television’s most devoted fans.

Doctor Who Magazine Special Edition: The World of Doctor Who is on sale now price £5.99.

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine: Issue 529
                      Sunday, 26 August, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/08...issue-529.html

This month's Doctor Who Magazine talks to Mandip Gill and Tosin Cole, who play companions Yasmin and Ryan in Series 11.

Also in this issue...
                      • FREE POSTER A double-sided poster featuring the Thirteenth Doctor, Graham, Ryan and Yasmin.
                      • SERIES 11 NEWS Interviews with the writers and directors of Series 11, with an introduction from showrunner Chris Chibnall.
                      • ROY SCAMMELL The film and TV stuntman discusses his unforgettable contributions to the series in the 1970s.
                      • DON HARPER The life and career of the composer whose score for The Invasion is about to be released.
                      • LISA BOWERMAN The actress who has played Bernice Summerfield for 20 years answers questions from the TARDIS tin.
                      • ALAN BENNION A tribute to the actor who played three Ice Warriors in 1960s and 70s Doctor Who.
                      • TIME OF THE DALEKS Inside Gale Force 9, the company behind the latest Doctor Who board game.
                      • THE CLOCKWISE WAR Part Six of this comic strip adventure featuring the Doctor and Bill.
                      • THE TIME TEAM The reviewers watch three pseudo-historical stories: The Time Warrior, The Talons of Weng-Chiang and Thin Ice.
                      • THE FACT OF FICTION In-depth analysis of the 2013 Eleventh Doctor story Hide.
                      • COSPLAY Australian comedian Rob Lloyd explains how he creates his Third Doctor look on a budget.

PLUS... The Blogs of Doom, previews, reviews, news, prize-winning competitions and much, much more!

Doctor Who Magazine 529 is on sale now, price £5.99.

Comment

Michael Pickwoad 1945-2018
                        Tuesday, 28 August, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/08/michael-pickwoad-1945-2018.html
                        Michael Pickwoad
                        , the man behind the look of Doctor Who for the last seven years, has died at the age of 73

As Production Designer Michael Pickwoad oversaw the look of the series from Matt Smith's first Christmas story, A Christmas Carol, until the end of the Peter Capaldi era in Twice Upon A Time. He worked on 71 episodes of the series, designing a new TARDIS interior for the Eleventh and Twelfth Doctor's, as well as several episodes of the spin off series Class.

Born in 1945, Michael Pickwoad was the son of the actor William Mervyn, who appeared in the Doctor Who story The War Machines, and the theatre designer Anne Margaret Payne Cooke. He studied Civil Engineering at Southampton University.

He began his career as an Art Director in the early 1970's, working for the Children's Film & Television Foundation on short films such as Wreck Raisers. In the 1980's he moved onto Production Designer, taking responsibility for the overall visual look of a production. One of the first films he worked on was the cult classic Withnail & I, starring Paul McGann

His work on TV included Rules of Engagement, Kavanagh QC and Murder Most Horrid, the Dawn French comedy, part of which was co-written by Steven Moffat. He worked with Moffat on his series Coupling and again on his 2007 drama Jekyll.

In 2010 he took over as Doctor Who's Production Designer, only the second person to hold the position since the series returned in 2005. His tenure saw him create sets that ranged from Victorian London to the Wild West, from the badlands of Skaro to the wilds of Sherwood Forest, from a Cold War Submarine to the Orient Express in space.

Tom Spilsbury, Editor of Doctor Who Magazine throughout his tenure, paid tribute.
                        We often hear about ‘unsung heroes’, and while it would be misleading to say Michael Pickwoad’s genius was completely unsung, his brilliant contributions were a massive part of Doctor Who’s success over the past eight years. His sets were simply extraordinary. A wonderful man.

Michael Pickwoad died on Monday 27th August.

Comment

The best TARDIS interior of the new era...! I'm savagely lamenting its loss, though now the passing of its creator kind of puts things in perspective.
                          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                          and lots more!

Comment

‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ Casts Matt Smith in Key Role (EXCLUSIVE)

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                              The best TARDIS interior of the new era...!
                              Agreed. I'm fine with a new TARDIS design for a new era, but the current (well, Capaldi-current) design was beautiful and I'll be sad to see it go.

Comment

Titan Reveals Thirteenth Doctor Comic Launch Details
                                Tuesday, 28 August, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/08...tor-comic.html

Titan Comics
                                and BBC Studios have revealed launch details for Doctor Who: The Thirteenth Doctor #1

The new comic featuring the Thirteenth Doctor will feature variants from leading artists including Babs Tarr (Batgirl, Motor Crush), Sarah Graley (Rick and Morty), Katie Cook (Adventure Time), Ariela Kristantina (Mata Hari), and Paulina Ganucheau (Zodiac Starforce).
                                This Autumn, join the Thirteenth Doctor in a fresh new series of comic adventures, featuring an array of new faces - including the Doctor herself. Taking control of the TARDIS for this regeneration is an amazing new team: Eisner-nominated writer Jody Houser (Stranger Things, Mother Panic, Faith, Spider-Man), illustrator Rachael Stott (Doctor Who, Motherlands), and colorist Enrica Angiolini (Warhammer 40,000).

The new comic series sees the Doctor return in her most thrilling incarnation yet – played by Jodie Whittaker (Broadchurch) - and travels the cosmos with three brand new friends: Graham (played by Bradley Walsh), Yasmin (Mandip Gill), and Ryan (Tosin Cole). Readers can look forward to experiencing mind-blowing challenges and dynamic stories through space and time in the pages of the upcoming new comic series.

Writer Jody Houser said
                                I love the hope of Doctor Who. Anyone can have an adventure. No matter how old you are, there are still amazing things to discover in the universe. Exploring what makes our new Doctor tick, and what makes this regeneration unique as compared to the previous incarnations, is what I’m really looking forward to doing in the new series.

Titan’s is celebrating this debut issue by launching thirteen variant covers, including art covers by Doctor Who fan-favorite artist Alice X. Zhang, series artist Rachael Stott, Babs Tarr (Batgirl, Motor Crush), Sanya Anwar (Assassin’s Creed), Paulina Ganucheau (Zodiac Starforce), Sarah Graley (Rick and Morty), Ariela Kristantina (Mata Hari) and Katie Cook (Adventure Time).

Plus, a photo cover, a cosplay variant and a Doctor Puppet variant by Alisa Stern – creator of the Doctor Puppet Youtube series.

Doctor Who: The Thirteenth Doctor #2 will feature covers by Paulina Ganucheau and Rachael Stott, as well as a photo cover.

Doctor Who: The Thirteenth Doctor #1 is part of Titan Comics' larger plans for the Thirteenth Doctor in 2018, including; Doctor Who: The Thirteenth Doctor Vol. 0 – which sees the Doctor relive memories from her many incarnations, showcasing unseen adventures from EVERY version of the Doctor; and Doctor Who Comics Day on November 24 – where fans and stores unite to celebrate everything Doctor Who.

Doctor Who: The Thirteenth Doctor #1 is released this Autumn.

Comment

Working...
                                X