Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardwick is out as moderator of the SDCC Doctor Who panel, unsurprisingly.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

From Big Finish: Torchwood - Series 6!

GOD IS COMING IN TORCHWOOD SERIES 6

Torchwood is returning but is the team ready for its greatest threat to date…? They’ll be fighting an alien god in the fiery start to series 6 of Torchwood – God Among Us.

Torchwood, the cult television show created by Russell T Davies, ran from 2006–2011 as a spin-off from Doctor Who, with Big Finish continuing their adventures on audio.

In Series 5 - Aliens Among Us, Torchwood returned to Cardiff. The team dealt with an alien occupation, terrorists, and the surprising resurrection of Yvonne Hartman. This year they face an alien god.

Series 6 - God Among Us kicks off a few days after the Aliens Among Us finale, but not everyone has made it out alive...

John Barrowman returns as Captain Jack Harkness, joined by Tracy-Ann Oberman as Yvonne Hartman, Paul Clayton as Mr Colchester, Alexandria Riley as Ng, Samantha Béart as Oor, Jonny Green as Tyler Steele and Tom Price as Sergeant Andy Davison. Leading the Sorvix is Rachel Atkins returning as Ro-Jedda.

Four new episodes of the sixth series of Torchwood will be available from October 2018.

When a God comes to Cardiff, the world goes to Hell.

6.1 Future Pain by James Goss
      6.2 The Man Who Destroyed Torchwood by Guy Adams
      6.3 See No Evil by John Dorney
      6.4 Night Watch by Tim Foley

Producer of the series and episode one writer, James Goss, tells us more about the return of the Torchwood team: "We had such a great reaction to Series 5, it’s been a delight getting the cast back together to do more. Now things are established the stories are more standalone, seeing Torchwood face some tough challenges – a plague of sleep, a city that goes blind, organising a funeral, and then there's an alien god to deal with!”

John Barrowman shared in the studio his thoughts on Torchwood and Series 6, “They are really great stories in Series 6, they really move the narrative forward. I find all over the world, from Puerto Rico to Paris, from London to Pensacola Florida to South America, there are huge Torchwood fans and the audience is always growing.”

Executive producer, Jason Haigh-Ellery, adds: “Torchwood quickly became one of my favourite audio series from Big Finish, the work James and director Scott Handcock have done with the wonderful guidance of Russell T Davies has made the adventures of Captain Jack and his team compulsive listening. I can’t wait for series six to be released!”

Torchwood Series 6 Part 1 kicks off this next set of adventures in October 2018. Part 2 will follow in February 2019, and Part 3 will complete the season in June 2019.

All three parts can be pre-ordered today individually for £25 on download or £28 on CD, or you can save money in a specially-priced Torchwood series 6 bundle with all three parts at £60 on download or £75 on CD.

And to celebrate the return of Torchwood (or to catch up if you missed the captivating Series 5), you can pick up Series 5 this week, available at its pre-order price of £28 on CD or £25 on download each, or as a series 5 bundle at £75 on CD or £60 on download. Only available at this reduced price until 23:59 (UK time) on Tuesday 2nd July 2018.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

For those who have seen it, what has the general reaction been to the leaked footage of series 11 episode 1?
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

New Torchwood Season from Big Finish
          Tuesday, 26 June, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/06...ig-finish.html

Big Finish has announced Torchwood is returning in a new series of audio plays, but is the team ready for its greatest threat to date…? They’ll be fighting an alien god in the fiery start to series 6 of TorchwoodGod Among Us.

Torchwood, the cult television show created by Russell T Davies, ran from 2006–2011 as a spin-off from Doctor Who, with Big Finish continuing their adventures on audio.

In Series 5 - Aliens Among Us, Torchwood returned to Cardiff. The team dealt with an alien occupation, terrorists, and the surprising resurrection of Yvonne Hartman. This year they face an alien god.

God Among Us kicks off a few days after the Aliens Among Us finale, but not everyone has made it out alive...

John Barrowman returns as Captain Jack Harkness, joined by Tracy-Ann Oberman as Yvonne Hartman, Paul Clayton as Mr Colchester, Alexandria Riley as Ng, Samantha Béart as Oor, Jonny Green as Tyler Steele and Tom Price as Sergeant Andy Davison. Leading the Sorvix is Rachel Atkins returning as Ro-Jedda.

Four new episodes of the sixth series of Torchwood will be available from October 2018.

When a god comes to Cardiff, the world goes to Hell.

• 6.1 Future Pain by James Goss
          • 6.2 The Man Who Destroyed Torchwood by Guy Adams
          • 6.3 See No Evil by John Dorney
          • 6.4 Night Watch by Tim Foley

Producer of the series and episode one writer, James Goss, tells us more about the return of the Torchwood team:
          We had such a great reaction to Series 5, it’s been a delight getting the cast back together to do more. Now things are established the stories are more standalone, seeing Torchwood face some tough challenges – a plague of sleep, a city that goes blind, organising a funeral, and then there's an alien god to deal with!

John Barrowman shared in the studio his thoughts on Torchwood and Series 6,
          They are really great stories in Series 6, they really move the narrative forward. I find all over the world, from Puerto Rico to Paris, from London to Pensacola Florida to South America, there are huge Torchwood fans and the audience is always growing.

Executive producer, Jason Haigh-Ellery, adds:
          Torchwood quickly became one of my favourite audio series from Big Finish, the work James and director Scott Handcock have done with the wonderful guidance of Russell T Davies has made the adventures of Captain Jack and his team compulsive listening. I can’t wait for series six to be released!

Torchwood Series 6 Part 1 kicks off this next set of adventures in October 2018. Part 2 will follow in February 2019, and part 3 will complete the season in June 2019.

All three parts can be pre-ordered today individually for £25 on download or £28 on CD, or you can save money in a specially-priced Torchwood series 6 bundle with all three parts at £60 on download or £75 on CD.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Doctor Who season 11 footage leaks — why you shouldn't watch it

June 26, 2018

https://cartermatt.com/313801/doctor...age-leaks-bbc/

Doctor Who
            season 11 is not premiering on the BBC / BBC America until later this year, but someone is out to spoil the fun for everyone watching and for everyone who has busted their you-know-what to make the show happen.

Yesterday, the internet started to run rampant with some footage featuring Jodie Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor, and we of course understand why there is so much enthusiasm out there for some of this. We’ve been waiting for months to see a teaser or a trailer, and we especially understand the frustration from UK fans fearing that San Diego Comic-Con, an American convention, is going to have a chance to potentially see footage of the series before viewers in the show’s home country. Personally, we still think that these fears are much ado about nothing and UK viewers will get something beforehand — leaked footage aside.

Ultimately, the good news for the BBC is that the footage is being scrubbed from the internet as quickly as possible — and hopefully, that helps to ease the temptation to watch it. We really shouldn’t be all that interested in checking out something that’s unofficial anyways. It may not be the presentation that the BBC wants, and we feel that we deserve the opportunity to watch it when it’s ready for us. They’ve put in a lot of time into making the strongest series possible and all this leaked footage does is undermine it and gives us a less then great quality version as a first look. This is a show all about imagination and being involved in an experience — seeing something that is unintended really undermines that.

In general, Doctor Who works harder than almost any show out there to protect its footage and preserve viewer imaginations — even when footage is released at conventions, they often encourage audience members not to film it. That way, you’re not presenting some shoddy footage that doesn’t capture the full spirit of the series for fans online.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Ok, for the record, I've seen the leaked footage.

It lasts less than a minute.

There's no VFX, no music, no sound effects, just the dialogue track.

It looks very promising, Jodie is fabulous as the Doctor.

And it'll look even better once the scene goes in its proper place in the episode.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I can wait. I like to check out leaked materials because I’m always curious about the creative process and how these things look in development. But I’d rather wait to see the finished version first, then step back and see how we got to the final version.

Comment

Damn, I thought we had a new TV season of Torchwood for a second...

Comment

Big Finish Torchwood is better than the majority of TV Torchwood.

Comment

Segun Akinola to Score Series 11
                      Tuesday, 26 June, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/06...series-11.html

The BBC has confirmed that Series Eleven of Doctor Who will be scored by composer Segun Akinola.

Segun Akinola, who trained at The Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, will take over from Murray Gold, supplying the incidental music for the series as well as providing a fresh take on the legendary theme tune.

As part of the BAFTA Breakthrough Brit program in 2017, Segun has already been recognised as one of the rising stars among British composers.

Segun’s other work includes scoring BBC Two’s landmark four-part series Black and British: A Forgotten History, written and presented by Historian David Olusoga. He also scored Shola Amoo’s debut feature film A Moving Image, which had its world premiere at the 2016 LA Film Festival, won the Special Recognition in Narrative Directing award at BlackStar Film Festival 2016 and had its European premiere at the 60th BFI London Film Festival in 2016. His score for Dear Mr Shakespeare received an Honourable Mention for the 2017 BSO Jerry Goldsmith Award for ‘Best Original Score for a Short Film’. Recently, he completed the scores for the major three-part series The Human Body: Secrets of Your Life Revealed and two-part series Expedition Volcano, both for BBC Two and PBS.

Chris Chibnal Doctor Who showrunner said:
                      Welcome to the Doctor Who family, Segun Akinola! We’re over the moon Segun's agreed to join us, to provide the score for the next phase of the Doctor Who adventure. From our very first conversations, it was obvious Segun was a passionate, collaborative and delightful human being as well as a fantastic and bold composer. We’re looking forward to introducing the world to his exciting and emotional soundtracks for the Thirteenth Doctor.

Segun Akinola, said:
                      Doctor Who is woven into the fabric of British culture and recognised globally. I am absolutely thrilled to be given the privilege of working on such a beloved series and to bring my musical voice to it.

Comment

I've listened to some of his music on Soundcloud, and I very much like what I hear.

He'll be a good fit for Doctor Who.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'll be very interested to see what he does with the theme.

Gold was ok for his first few years but by Smith's era I got the feeling he was phoning it in.
                          Last edited by cosmichobo; 28 June 2018, 02:07 AM.
                          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                          and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            I've listened to some of his music on Soundcloud, and I very much like what I hear.

He'll be a good fit for Doctor Who.
                            Oh, thanks for the heads up about his work being up on Soundcloud. I'll go and give it a listen because I haven't watched anything that's listed in the news article announcing his getting the job to score Doctor Who...but it is definitely very encouraging to see you say he'll be a good fit for this legend of the show.. They always manage to find the right people for the right jobs.

Comment

Thirteenth Doctor Comic Debut
                              Saturday, 30 June, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/06...mic-debut.html

Titan Comics and BBC Studios have announced details of the Thirteenth Doctor Comic debut this autumn.

Doctor Who: The Thirteenth Doctor Vol. 0 – The Many Lives Of Doctor Who – a special primer edition, will celebrate the Doctor’s many lives, and lead directly into Titan’s brand-new Thirteenth Doctor comic series.
                              It's said that your life flashes before your eyes when you die, and the Doctor’s had many of them! As the Doctor regenerates from his twelfth incarnation to her thirteenth (as played by Jodie Whittaker), she relives unseen adventures from all her past selves from Classic through to New Who.

Released in September 2018, The Thirteenth Doctor Vol. 0 features a stellar cast of Doctor Who comic creators including writer Richard Dinnick and artists Mariano Laclaustra, Giorgia Sposito, Arianna Florean, Iolanda Zanfardino, Brian Williamson, Claudia Ianniciello and Rachael Stott, the artist of Titan’s new Thirteenth Doctor series.

This special 64-page edition - the first Thirteenth Doctor comic - comes with two covers to collect: an art cover by Claudia Ianniciello and a photo variant by designer Will Brooks - only available in comic shops.

The Thirteenth Doctor Vol. 0 is part of Titan Comics' larger plans for the Thirteenth Doctor, which includes the launch of issue 1 in October and Doctor Who Comics Day on November 24.

Doctor Who: The Thirteenth Doctor Vol. 0 – The Many Lives Of Doctor Who is available at bookstores and comic shops from September, and is available to read on digital devices.

Comment

I had an interesting thought last night.

Follow my reasoning -

As far as anyone knows, Jodie Whittaker's first full episode as the 13th Doctor will debut sometime in October.
                                However, aren't next year's calendars (2019 in this case) released around the end of August/start of September?

Will we get a 13th Doctor calendar this year?

I don't think it'll be a 12th Doctor's "Greatest Hits" sort of thing, that's one of the ones for this year (also the one I've got on my bedroom wall).

Thoughts?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X