This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blake’s 7 and Doctor Who actress Jacqueline Pearce passes away
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Season premieres October 7 with “The Woman Who Fell to Earth”
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Does anyone know what time (EST) on Oct. 7 Doctor Who who will be on for the channel BBC America or has that not been released yet?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
          Does anyone know what time (EST) on Oct. 7 Doctor Who who will be on for the channel BBC America or has that not been released yet?
          Not sure if that’s out there yet. The official account tweeted this out about an hour ago:

It’s About Time… #DoctorWho
          Release date varies by country. Check local listings. https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/sta...902656/video/1

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Not sure if that’s out there yet. The official account tweeted this out about an hour ago:
            Looking forward to the return of Doctor Who on 7th October! Cannot wait for the start of the Jodie Whittaker Era!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

In my diary too!

New Season folder and premier thread "The Woman Who Fell to Earth" (3701 / 1101) is up,by the way.
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                In my diary too!

New Season folder and premier thread "The Woman Who Fell to Earth" (3701 / 1101) is up,by the way.

Thanking ye for the new folder too, Baggie.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Thanks. I'll keep in eye for it when it gets closer to the date. Hopefully, for my Mom, it won't interfere with Supergirl which moves to Sundays this fall on the CW and NCIS: LA on CBS.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

For those who get BBC America:
                    Prepare for an EPIC Doctor Who Marathon Leading Up to Season 11!

It looks like they're finally going to show some 9th doctor episodes.

Here's the video from the article:

Last edited by planet_tv; 11 September 2018, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Doctor Who: Series 11 | Release Date Trailer

Comment

and in Australian news...

The Woman Who Fell To Earth will have a cinema outing on 8th October in selected theatres, repeating the precedent set by Deep Breath in 2014. (Being a weeknight however - this time I don't see myself going along with any of my kids - I think they'd have done better with a Saturday screening, even if it meant it aired on the tv first.)

The ABC are yet to confirm a terrestrial air-date, however the show will be on iView straight after the UK screening. For the past few years the ABC have aired WHO on Sunday nights - ie within around 12 hours of the UK screening. Now that the BBC has moved the show to Sundays (UK time), they are unable to continue this pattern, and will have to keep Sundays, but be 6 days "late", or move to Monday, but likely on one of their SD channels rather than HD due to existing programming.
                        Last edited by cosmichobo; 07 September 2018, 08:05 PM.
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

via DenOfGeek

Doctor Who series 11: all new enemies ahead
                          Daleks, Cybermen and Weeping Angels? Nah. Chris Chibnall says series 11 is "recruiting year for Doctor Who" in a revealing new interview

A new series of Doctor Who is so close we can practically taste it. Filming is complete on Jodie Whittaker's first series as the Thirteenth Doctor, an air date has been announced, and we've had a nice little trailer, albeit one that didn't give too much away.

Now Whittaker, along with new showrunner Chris Chibnall, has given The Times a mammoth new interview about series 11, and of course we've picked through it and scooped up all the essential bits for you.

The Broadchurch actress seemed in good spirits chatting about the upcoming series, and started by addressing the question she's probably fielded the most since her casting was announced.

"I am asked an awful lot about girls looking up to me as the first female Doctor, but just as important is boys looking up to women," she explained, before adding “It’s one of them jobs, isn’t it? You have to enjoy every moment of it or you’re in the wrong field. I mean, it’ll be nice when being the first woman doing something like this isn’t such a moment, but it is also exciting to know that it won’t have the same impact in the future. I’m just another actor playing the Doctor and the Doctor is an alien, so I’m as qualified as anyone else to play that role – which is woefully unqualified."

Initially thinking she was just catching up with Chibnall for a cuppa in a cafe when the ball started rolling on the Doctor's next regeneration, Whittaker had no idea what she was in for when she started joking around about having a part in series 11.

"'Can I come? Can I be an alien? Can I play a baddie?'" she recalled asking. "And he was like, 'It’s funny you bring it up, because actually I wanted to talk to you about whether you would consider auditioning for the Doctor.'"

Whittaker admitted she burst into tears when she found out, post-audition, that she'd landed the part, but Chibnall says that her naturally emotional character won't be reflected in the Thirteenth. “There are no tears from my Doctor, no. That would be a huge statement.”

The star backed Chibnall up, remarking of the regeneration experience for most Doctors "I think there are moments of anguish, but I feel that the way I enter into the role is with my eyes open and the lights on. You’re five years old and you’re in a dark cave and the light goes on and you see every colour, texture, shape. How exciting that would be! I wanted it to be like a lightbulb going on when the Doctor is regenerated and comes back, blown away by the beauty of everything and seeing it in things where it isn’t always obvious; and knowing when to be scared, but using that fear to push yourself, not restrict yourself."

"Each Doctor needs to have their own journey," Chibnall went on to muse. "I think Peter’s Doctor came into the world asking, 'Am I a good man?' and questioning his self-identity. Jodie’s Doctor is definitely more outward-looking."

Any potential romances in series 11 were ruled out during the interview, too. "We are a friendship group in this season," Whittaker stated, sweeping away the notion of anyone getting 'the feels', "But we all love each other.”

The paper also established that there will be "no Daleks, no Cybermen [and] no Weeping Angels" in series 11, with every episode featuring a brand new enemy for the Doctor to face.

“I want this to be a recruiting year for Doctor Who to bring in that next generation of audiences,” Chibnall confirmed, but said the Beeb has put no pressure on him to achieve good ratings with his version of Doctor Who, only to make a good show.

Well, we hope he does, yes! We're definitely looking forward to finding out one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                            For those who get BBC America:

It looks like their finally going to show some 9th doctor episodes.

The 9th Doctor has been too long missing from BBCA. I haven't seen those episodes in so many years!

Total syffy posts: 36,690
                            (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                            Matthew 5:9

Comment

Doctor Who: Red Carpet Experience
                              Wednesday, 12 September, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/09...xperience.html

The BBC is offering fans the chance to see the new cast of Doctor Who as a special event being held in Sheffield later this month.

The premiere of th new series is being held at The Moor, Sheffield on Monday 24th September. To have a chance of viewing the cast arriving, fans can enter a special draw via the BBC Website.

NB: Please note that tickets do NOT include entry to see the premiere, only to view the red carpet event.

Tickets for the event will be distributed by random draw with 50% of tickets going to Sheffield and the surrounding area postcodes and 50% going to the rest of the UK.

At the red carpet event the attending cast will include Jodie Whittaker, Bradley Walsh, Mandip Gill and Tosin Cole as well as new showrunner Chris Chibnall.

Comment

DWAS Series 11 Launch Party
                                Monday, 17 September, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/09...nch-party.html

The Doctor Who Appreciation Society, known as DWAS, is holding a party to mark the arrival of the brand new series of Doctor Who, complete with a radical new look and a brand new Doctor.

Doctor Who returns to BBC One on Sunday 7th October 2018, and all fans are invited to celebrate the new series and the new Doctor, at a special party as Saks Bar, Clifftown Road, in Southend-on-Sea.

The venue is opposite the main railway station in the Essex town. The main bar will be open and the Underground club has been reserved, where the episode will be projected onto the big screen. The venue is open from 5pm.

Tickets are free but need to be booked online at Event Brite. Fans are asked to support the event by buying a few drinks at the venue.

You do not need to be a member of the society to attend, but anyone who wishes to join can do so online.

Comment

Working...
                                X