X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Series 11 - New Images and Infomation
    Tuesday, 18 September, 2018 - Reported byMarcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/09...nfomation.html

The BBC have issued a new image promoting the return of Doctor Who on Sunday 7th October 2018.

Episode Two has been confirmed as being titled The Ghost Monument

Guest staring will be Shaun Dooley, who played Peter Harper in BBC drama series The Street, Susan Lynch, who won the British Independent Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for the 2003 film, 16 Years of Alcohol and vetran actor Art Malik, best known for his portrayal of Hari Kumar in classic series The Jewel in the Crown.

The join Jodie Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor, alongside with Bradley Walsh, Mandip Gill and Tosin Cole.

The series showrunner, Chris Chibnall, said
    Finally – Jodie Whittaker’s Thirteenth Doctor is about to crash land on to the nation’s screens. It’s thrilling to think, in the next few weeks and months, there will be children encountering Jodie’s Doctor in the next few weeks who’ve never seen the show before. She’ll be forever their Doctor: you never forget your first.

Alongside Jodie, we have a delightful ensemble of new characters for the audience to fall in love with, led by the incomparable Bradley Walsh.

So break out the popcorn and hunker down for Sunday night adventures in space and time, with the Thirteenth Doctor and her new best friends. The journey’s about to begin.

Episode One - The Woman Who Fell To Earth

We don’t get aliens in Sheffield. In a South Yorkshire city, Ryan Sinclair, Yasmin Khan and Graham O’Brien are about to have their lives changed forever, as a mysterious woman, unable to remember her own name, falls from the night sky. Can they believe a word she says? And can she help solve the strange events taking place across the city?

Guest starring Sharon D Clarke, Johnny Dixon and Samuel Oatley. Written by Chris Chibnall and directed by Jamie Childs.

Episode Two - The Ghost Monument

Still reeling from their first encounter, can the Doctor and her new friends stay alive long enough, in a hostile alien environment , to solve the mystery of Desolation? And just who are Angstrom and Epzo?

Guest starring Shaun Dooley, Susan Lynch and Art Malik. Written by Chris Chibnall and directed by Mark Tonderai.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine 530
      Tuesday, 18 September, 2018 - Reported byMarcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/09...azine-530.html

Doctor Who Magazine 530 features an exclusive interview with Jodie Whittaker, plus previews of her first two episodes.

DWM meets Whittaker on the set of the new seriesI don’t ever forget what I’m a part of because Doctor Who’s been around much longer than I have, But every part of this experience is to make it my own.
      Also in this issue...
      • CHRIS CHIBNALL The latest update from Doctor Who’s showrunner.
      • WHO’S CREW Meet the team responsible for bringing the new series to our screens.
      • MATT BERRY He’s best known for his sitcom appearances, but Matt Berry is reinterpreting the Doctor Who theme for his new record.
      • TARDIS EVOLUTION Secrets of the TARDIS control room revealed!
      • COSPLAYA meticulous recreation of the torn coat worn by the Twelfth and Thirteenth Doctors in Twice Upon a Time and The Woman Who Fell to Earth.
      • THE SEVATEEM An interview with Christian Erickson, whose new concept album is inspired by The Caves of Androzani.
      • THE CLOCKWISE WAR The Twelfth Doctor’s final DWM strip adventure comes to a shattering conclusion.
      • THE TIME TEAM The Time Team watches four very different episodes in an effort to discover what the First Doctor was really like.
      • THE FACT OF FICTION In-depth analysis of the 2006 Tenth Doctor story School Reunion.

PLUS...The Blogs of Doom, reviews, news and a huge prize-winning competition.

Deluxe Edition

A deluxe edition of this issue is also available, exclusive to WHSmith. As well as the regular edition, it includes:
      • SERIES 11 GUIDE featuring new interviews with Jodie Whittaker, Bradley Walsh, Tosin Cole and Mandip Gill
      • DOCTOR WHO CD from Big Finish
      • FOUR DOUBLE-SIDED ART CARDS of the Doctor, Graham, Ryan and Yasmin
      • A MASSIVE, DOUBLE-SIDED POSTER featuring scenes from the new series
      • FOUR DOCTOR WHO DOWNLOADS from Big Finish and BBC Audio

Doctor Who Magazine 530 is on sale 20 September. Regular edition £5.99, deluxe edition £9.99.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

A thought just struck me.

The new series starts in a couple of weeks, so this issue of DWM will mark the final appearance of the 12th Doctor in the comic strip.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Here is trailer 1, see Alan’s post below for the brand new one!

Last edited by DigiFluid; 20 September 2018, 05:02 AM.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Sorry, Digi. That's trailer #1 you've posted. I think you meant this one which was released today and was, IMHO, stunning and wonderfully spoiler free:

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              Sorry, Digi. That's trailer #1 you've posted. I think you meant this one which was released today and was, IMHO, stunning and wonderfully spoiler free:
              You are correct! I saw the new trailer on twitter and wanted to post it here as a YouTube link, but I guess I clicked the wrong link. My mistake!
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                You are correct! I saw the new trailer on twitter and wanted to post it here as a YouTube link, but I guess I clicked the wrong link. My mistake!
                Oh, I've done that before. I've wanted to post something but in all my excitement I get flustered and ended up posting the wrong link to a picture or video so...yeah. Completely sympathise.

Comment

New Thirteenth Doctor Books
                  Friday, 21 September, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/09...tor-books.html

BBC Books have revealed the covers for three brand new Doctor Who adventures this autumn…

The Good Doctor by Juno Dawson

An original novel featuring the Thirteenth Doctor as played by Jodie Whittaker, with hernew friends, Yasmin, Ryan and Graham

For a Good Doctor there's only one rule: first do no harm.

Juno Dawson is the international bestsellingauthor of ten titles for young adults. She is a columnist at Glamour UK, Attitude Magazine and a key LGBTQ activist with Stonewall.

Molten Heart by Una McCormack

An original novel featuring the Thirteenth Doctor as played by Jodie Whittaker, with her new friends, Yasmin, Ryan and Graham

You never know what you’ll find beneath the surface.

Una McCormack is a New York Times best selling author. She has written two Doctor Who novels featuring the Eleventh Doctor, Amy and Rory: The King's Dragon and The Way Through the Woods.

Combat Magicks by Steve Cole

An original novel featuring the Thirteenth Doctor as played by Jodie Whittaker, with her new friends Yasmin, Ryan and Graham

How do you win a battle when the dead fight on?

Steve Cole is a best-selling original comedy, fantasy and adventure writer, Steve’s work includes a broad range of books, most recently the Secret Agent Mummy series for younger readers, Stop Those Monsters! Much in demand for his energetic performances at events, Steve has featured at sci-fi and Doctor Who conventions from London to Los Angeles.

Comment

New Series Promotion on BBC TV & Radio
                    Saturday, 22 September, 2018 - Reported by Chuck Foster

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/09...918120008.html

With the Doctor Who press launch taking place on Monday, next week sees promotion for Jodie Whittaker's debut series begin in earnest, with the show's new star making appearances on BBC television and radio. The current schedule includes:

• Shaun Keaveny, BBC Radio 6, Thursday 27th September from 7:00am
                      Our good friend Jodie Whittaker joins Shaun in the final hour of the show ahead of the new series of Dr Who starting on the BBC. Plus, Matt Everitt is here with the music news and Beak are today's Album of the Day.

• The Graham Norton Show, BBC One, Friday 28th September from 10:35pm
                      Graham is joined by multi Oscar-nominated Bradley Cooper and pop superstar Lady Gaga, together in the hotly anticipated musical romance A Star is Born; Broadchurch star Jodie Whittaker, about to begin her new incarnation on BBC1's Doctor Who; double Oscar-nominee Ryan Gosling, playing astronaut Neil Armstrong in biopic First Man; the Rod Stewart, who performs his current single Didn't I.

• Saturday Breakfast with Dermot, BBC Radio 2, Saturday 29th September from 8:00am
                      Jodie Whittaker, who became a household name thanks to her role in TV drama Broadchurch. pops in ahead of the first episode of Doctor Who. In July 2017 it was announced she would become the 13th Doctor, and the first female one. The new series starts this weekend on BBC 1. [sic]

• Saturday Mash Up!, CBBC, Saturday 29th September from 9:00am
                      The cast of So Awkward and vlogger Houssein join Yasmin, Jonny and Hacker! But who will get slimed? Max and Harvey are put into detention and Hacker meets the new Doctor Who - Jodie Whittaker. There's cartoon action in new episodes of Dragons: Race to the Edge and the return of Mash-Up favourites Push-Off and How Many Things in the Thing? Also, for the first time on TV, Musical Toilets! It's totally live - so anything can happen!

Also, playing catch-up after the premiere on the 7th October comes the Chris Evans Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 2, Friday 12th October from 6:30am.

These and further up-and-coming appearances can be found via This Week In Doctor Who.

Comment

The Thirteenth Doctor arrives in Sheffield
                      Monday, 24 September, 2018 - Reported byMarcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/09...rrives-in.html

The Thirteenth Doctor, as played by Jodie Whittaker, has arrived in Sheffield for the press screening of the new series later today.

The event is preceded by a red carpet parade of stars from the show, attended by some lucky fans who won tickets in a public ballot.

The first episode The Woman Who Fell to Earth, was filmed in the city. More pictures from the red carpet event will be released later today.

Comment

Press Launch Images
                        Monday, 24 September, 2018 - Reported byChuck Foster

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/09...918195008.html

The BBC have released a number of images from this today's press launch in Sheffield for the new series of Doctor Who - the event saw lead writer Chris Chibnall on the red carpet with Jodie Whittaker (The Doctor), Tosin Cole (Ryan), Mandip Gill (Yaz), Bradley Walsh (Graham), Sam Oatley, Jamie Childs (Director) Matt Strevens (Executive Producer) and Segun Akinola (Composer).

A full report on the event will appear on Doctor Who News on Thursday.

The event was also covered on the BBC's national News At Six and regional news Look North this evening, both of which can be watched in the UK via the BBC iPlayer until their next edition tomorrow evening.

Comment

https://au.ign.com/articles/2018/09/...o-me-ign-first

It means everything.

Doctor Who celebrates change, it celebrates inclusivity, inclusiveness, and all versions of that. It celebrates the past, the future, humanity, and species that you can’t even get your head around even existing. And I think as an actor, as a human, I am excited by all the possibilities of what playing the Doctor opens your eyes to.

This show is for everyone. It’s an action-adventure, it’s emotional, it’s funny, it’s epic, it’s scary. It’s something that you, as a family, can sit and watch together, and it doesn’t exclude anyone -- and I think that is a pretty unique show in that sense. The Doctor I play is a hopeful Doctor that is ready to embrace every new experience with a glass full of light, and I couldn’t be more excited to play the role. We’re so lucky; we’re part of a show that’s fan-based. It’s been very well-earned by our predecessors, and the fanbase stretches all corners of the world, which I think is extraordinary, and really apparent when you go to Comic-Con, and you see how far people have traveled, and you hear everyone’s stories.

I think the fans are what make the show, but what’s exciting for us as well is to potentially make new Whovians from this series, and to see, potentially, people being at Comic-Con next year that have never been before, and go because of their love of this. [Comic-Con], it’s an extraordinary event that you can’t quite describe to people. For meeting the fans, surprising the fans, to doing the [Her] Universe surprise -- all those were wonderful, as well as obviously being on-stage with the other guys for the panel. And what an honor to see people in your costume, who’ve not even seen you play the role yet for more than twenty seconds, and they have embraced that change so wonderfully.

We met a young girl, she was 16. I won’t give any details about her, just because, obviously for her privacy. But she was not very well, and had been a real survivor of a not very nice illness. She’d come all the way from, I think, the Midwest, and had flown with her family. We were lucky enough to sit for 45 minutes with her and have a catch-up with someone who’s a huge fan of the show, but then also was just a really fascinating person to be in the company of, for me.

In a weird way, I think I got more out of it than her. I just was kind of monologuing and asking her questions. She was absolutely fascinating, and knew so much about the show, asked really fascinating questions, and was just a really inspiring young woman. And I think, it was just great to see this wonderful, 55-year history of a show is relevant to a 16-year-old girl in America, and that it touches her in a way that she’s become a true Whovian.

That’s the power of this show, and this is what we want to carry forward, and to honor everything that’s gone. But also to also take it, and to hopefully reach a new, wider audience -- if it’s possible to reach a wider audience for Doctor Who.

The Doctor regenerates. The Doctor changes. With that comes a celebration of change, but [for] some people, there’s also a fear of the change. I think what my casting does is just embrace the fact that the Doctor can and will reappear in any form, and that that is absolutely a part of the fabric of the show.

I look up to men and women all my life. Young boys have many women in their lives that they look up to as well as men. My heroes don’t all look the same, and therefore, the heroes on television shouldn’t all look the same. The show wouldn’t be the success that it is without embracing progression and change. And I think that that’s what this is fundamentally about -- why it has a fan base from all over the world, from all different cultures, and why it speaks to people from everywhere. I know from every single time there’s a new Doctor, there’s always going to be people that are maybe disappointed that their previous Doctor is not returning, but that’s why this show is so exciting, is because you can never predict what’s going to happen, so therefore it’s never boring.

I’m a new Whovian, so this season is essentially targeted at someone like me, who’s seen bits of it, but was not brought up with it. I found it incredibly engaging, and inclusive, and representative of the world I live in today, in what is happening in the world today, and using that and taking the story forward.

My main experience of the Doctor was being friends, really good friends with David Tennant. Previous to me auditioning or ever having a conversation about the job, if anyone said "Doctor Who" or the "Doctor," my brain immediately goes to David Tennant. It’s fascinating to now have my own identity with it, and [have] it not take away from anyone else’s. But it does so quickly become your own identity, and the rhythm, and everything to do with [showrunner] Chris [Chibnall]’s writing, which is energetic and hopeful and full of electricity and full of light and all the things that are just so wonderful to play, and require a hell of a lot of caffeine. So now, it’s odd, because when someone says Doctor Who or the Doctor now, I think I’d probably think of myself!
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

The Unofficial Dr Who Annual 1972
                            Tuesday, 25 September, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/09...nual-1972.html

Fan project The Unofficial Dr Who Annual 1972 is to be published in February 2019 with a host of star names involved.

Katy Manning, John Levene, Mike Tucker and Alister Pearson have all contributed to the publication, joining a large number of Doctor Who fan writers and artists.

And in a further scoop, Wayne Howarth – the son of Walter Howarth, who was the main illustrator on some of the original annuals – has also lent his artistic skills to the book.

Announced on Doctor Who News late last year with an appeal for contributors, this homage to the World Distributors-produced annuals of the 1970s will be a physical publication packed with stories, puzzles and features, and is intended to fill the gap when – to fans’ great surprise and disappointment – a Doctor Who annual wasn’t published in the autumn of 1971, following Jon Pertwee’s second season in the title role.

Had one come out then, it would have seen Katy Manning’s companion character Jo Grant – who burst into the Doctor’s life on TV in January that year– featured in annual form for the first time. Instead, her inaugural annual appearance happened the following autumn, in 1972, when World Distributors, which began publishing the official Doctor Who annuals in autumn 1965,resumed their production with an annual for 1973 – the first time the cover borean identifying year. The Manchester-based publisher continued bringing out the annuals until autumn 1985.

Terraqueous Distributors, publishers of The Unofficial Dr Who Annual 1972,said:
                            We’re incredibly excited by it. As fans of the original annuals, this has been a dream of ours for many years. Everyone has worked hard to emulate and evoke the style, tone and quirkiness of the 1970s annuals. We are so fortunate to have had the kindness and support from all those who have contributed.

Over the years, the programme has been a great inspiration to all of the fans involved in the project, which shows in the talent and creativeness of the material submitted – and it’s only natural that the fans would want to give something back. We’ve been absolutely knocked out by the support from the fan community.

There is so much talent in this fan project that we are convinced The Unofficial Dr Who Annual 1972 will be a springboard for many of those involved. “This is a labour of love by enthusiasts. No-one has been paid for their work. Their support and kindness have been overwhelming.

The project was launched last September and it was initially hoped that the annual would be published this year, but it has been a monumental task and of course people have only been able to work on it in their spare time, so the publication date has unavoidably spilled over into 2019.

However, we think it’s going to be well worth the wait – at last, that niggling gap on Doctor Who fans’ bookshelves is going to be plugged, putting right a very long-standing wrong!

The price of the annual will be determined nearer the time, when the precise date of publication and details of how it can be bought will also be announced.

A Facebook page for the project has been set up.

Comment

The Thirteenth Doctor - Volume 0
                              Wednesday, 26 September, 2018 - Reported byMarcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/09...-volume-0.html

Doctor Who returns to television screens next month, and to mark this long-awaited event, Titan Comics are publishing The Thirteenth Doctor Vol. 0, the ultimate celebration of The Doctor’s many, many lives and a special primer ahead of Titan’s new ongoing Thirteenth Doctor comic book series this autumn.

It's said that your life flashes before your eyes when you die: as the Doctor regenerates from his Twelfth incarnation to her Thirteenth, she relives memories from her many lives, showcasing unseen adventures from EVERY version of the Doctor.

Written by award-winning Doctor Who alumni Richard Dinnick and illustrated by Giorgia Sposito (Independence Day, Charmed, Wonderland) amongst a host of fantastic artists including fan-favorite Mariano Laclaustra, this is a perfect beginner's guide and a brilliant tribute for long-term fans to enjoy.
                              Thirteenth Doctor - Volume 0

Writer: Richard Dinnick
                              Artist: Giorgia Sposito, Mariano Laclaustra and various
                              Cover: Claudia Iannicello

They say that before you die, your life flashes before your eyes...and the Doctor has lived a lot of lives!

The ultimate Doctor Who celebration, a perfect beginner's guide and abrilliant tribute for long-term fans! As the Doctor regenerates into her Thirteenth form, she relives unseen adventures from every single one of her past lives – with a host of brilliant artists including Giorgia Sposito and Claudia Ianniciello!

Comment

Doctor Who: Time slot Confirmed
                                Wednesday, 26 September, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/09...confirmed.html

The BBC has confirmed that Doctor Who will debut in the UK at 6.45pm on Sunday 7th October.

The first episode of the new series, The Woman Who Fell To Earth, will run from 6.45pm-7.45pm on BBC One, bringing the series to the heart of Sunday evening.
                                We don’t get aliens in Sheffield.

In a South Yorkshire city, Ryan Sinclair, Yasmin Khan and Graham O’Brien are about to have their lives changed forever, as a mysterious woman, unable to remember her own name, falls from the night sky. Can they believe a word she says? And can she help solve the strange events taking place across the city?

Action-adventure for all the family, starring Jodie Whittaker, Bradley Walsh, Tosin Cole and Mandip Gill. Guest starring Sharon D Clarke, Johnny Dixon and Samuel Oatley. Written by Chris Chibnall and directed by Jamie Childs.

Doctor Who will air directly after Countryfile, which is watched by between 4 and 6 million viewers each week. It will be followed by Strictly Come Dancing - The Results where the public voting for the BBC One dance show will be revealed to the public.

ITV will be offering a game show in opposition, 5 Gold Rings presented by Philip Schofield. BBC Two will be showing King Arthur's Britain: The Truth Unearthed a new documentary delving into the murky historical period of the Arthurian legends, while on Channel 4 viewers can enjoy Phil Spencer's Stately Homes, where the property expert returns to look round more of Britain's stately homes, beginning with Longleat House in Wiltshire. Channel 5 is showing the 2013 feature film Jack the Giant Slayer.

BBC America has confirmed the episode will be simulcast with UK showing, making a transmission time of 1.45pm ET

Comment

Working...
                                X