This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    I hope that in one of those future Time War-era sets that they make room for an appearance by The Master or The Rani or The Monk...or even all three. Of course we already know The Master's fate, but it would be very interesting to learn what became of the other two.
    The Monk could be particularly interesting, considering how badly he got screwed by the Doctor during Doom Coalition. He's got cause to be particularly antagonistic!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      The Monk could be particularly interesting, considering how badly he got screwed by the Doctor during Doom Coalition. He's got cause to be particularly antagonistic!
      Ah, yes! Very true! I'd forgotten about the Monk's recent appearances in Doom Coalition. Yes, he's certainly got plenty of reason to on the attack. Not only because of Doom Coalition but also because the Daleks killed his companion Tamsin Drew way back in To the Death...although whether that still hangs heavy on the Monk's head all this time later is another thing altogether.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

The Road To The Thirteenth Doctor
        Friday, 13 April, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/04...th-doctor.html

Titan Comics
        and BBC Studios have announced The Road To The Thirteenth Doctor – a three-part comic event beginning this July and leading into Titan’s all-new Thirteenth Doctor ongoing comic series launching in the autumn.

The Road To The Thirteenth Doctor features new adventures of the Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Doctors written by James Peaty (Supergirl) and illustrated by a host of amazing creators, with a Robert Hack (Sabrina, Archie) cover on each.

In Titan’s The Road to The Thirteenth Doctor comics, the Tenth Doctor encounters lost, ghostly spaceships, the Eleventh Doctor and Alice visit a robot-infested 19th Century San Francisco, and the Twelfth Doctor finds London’s Piccadilly Circus transformed into a wasteland of emptiness and Pterodactyls.

Each issue contains a serialized short story from the creative team behind the new Thirteenth Doctor on-going comic series - written by Jody Houser, with art by Rachael Stott and Enrica Angiolini.

The Road To The Thirteenth Doctor heralds a new era for Titan Comics’ Doctor Who line, culminating in 2018’s Doctor Who Comics Day – a global event inspired by Titan Comics’ Doctor Who comic books - on Saturday, November 24. This marks the fifth annual Doctor Who Comics Day, which is set to be bigger than ever with new comics and collections, merchandise, variant covers, signings, and events across the world at comic shops, bookstores, retail chains, libraries, and on digital platforms.

For further news and developments on The Road To The Thirteenth Doctor follow Titan Comics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Tumblr.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

I just watched Jodie Whittaker in Black Mirror and she was absolutely fantastic in that.

I have to find more stuff of hers.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Have any of you guys heard anything about a cinema screening of a Directors Cut of "Genesis of the Daleks" on Monday the 11th of June?

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            I just watched Jodie Whittaker in Black Mirror and she was absolutely fantastic in that.

The only thing I'd seen her in prior to her being cast as the Doctor, are "St. Trinian's" (2007), and its sequel "St. Trinian's 2: The Legend of Fritton's Gold" (2009).
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Jodie is also in Broadchurch and is good there. I've watched a little of that.
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                Have any of you guys heard anything about a cinema screening of a Directors Cut of "Genesis of the Daleks" on Monday the 11th of June?
                No, I hadn't. Where is that happening? I think it might be the version that's also being released on the Season 12 Blu-Ray set that's being released that same month.

The only thing I'd seen her in prior to her being cast as the Doctor, are "St. Trinian's" (2007), and its sequel "St. Trinian's 2: The Legend of Fritton's Gold" (2009).
                Jodie is also in Broadchurch and is good there. I've watched a little of that.
                If we're talking Jodie's back catalogue of work, I've seen her episode of Black Mirror, in all three series of Broadchurch, but I've also seen her in the movies Venus (Jodie's first movie. A drama in which she plays a troubled youth stuck in a rut whom captures the attention of an older man that tries to make her more cultured), A Thousand Kisses Deep (a time travel drama movie in which she stars alongside Doctor Who guest stars Dougray Scott (Hide) and David Warner (Cold War)), Adult Life Skills (comedy movie in which she plays a woman living in her mum's back yard making little YouTube videos), and Attack the Block (a sci-fi black comedy movie in which Jodie plays a woman who finds herself forced into working alongside a gang that mugged her earlier that night to fight alien creatures attacking her London tower block).

All of those movies I totally recommend. And of course I've heard nothing but high praise for Jodie in her latest movie, Journeyman, which gets released on DVD and Blu-Ray 23rd July 2018. A movie I look forward to getting and watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  No, I hadn't. Where is that happening? I think it might be the version that's also being released on the Season 12 Blu-Ray set that's being released that same month.
                  This is the thing. Someone posted a link to the news story on Facebook a couple of days ago, but I can find no mention of it at all on either the Cineworld or Odeon websites.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Further research shows it will be a 90min TV movie version of the story, rather than the full 6x25min (150min total) broadcast version.

I don't think I'll bother...
                    sigpic

Comment

This is the thing. Someone posted a link to the news story on Facebook a couple of days ago, but I can find no mention of it at all on either the Cineworld or Odeon websites.
                      It might be a little bit too early to find listings for it on Cineworld, Odeon or Vue cinema websites.

Further research shows it will be a 90min TV movie version of the story, rather than the full 6x25min (150min total) broadcast version.

I don't think I'll bother...
                      I must admit I'm kind of curious about it. I was speaking to my cousins (fellow Whovians btw) a few weeks ago about this and saying to them its hard to imagine what's been cut because so much is essential to the story. Maybe it will be cut to closely resemble Tom Baker's 1979 audio cassette narrated version of it? But whether I see it on the big screen or just when I get the Blu-Ray boxset is another thing altogether...

Comment

River Song versus the Masters for Big Finish
                        Thursday, 03 May, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/05...ig-finish.html

River Song will be facing the Masters for Big Finish in the fifth series of The Diary of River Song, released January 2019.

The series will see Michelle Gomez return as Missy and Eric Roberts reprise his portrayal of the Master after a 22 year hiatus. They will join Geoffrey Beevers, who first played the Master in Doctor Who TV episode The Keeper of Traken in 1981 and Derek Jacobi, who played the Master in 2008 episode Utopia and continues at Big Finish

Over the course of four audio series made in arrangement with BBC Studios, River Song, played by Alex Kingston has shone alongside several incarnations of the Doctor, including Paul McGann, Sylvester McCoy, Colin Baker, Peter Davison and upcoming in August, Tom Baker.

Now, in January 2019, River Song will face off against four regenerations of The Master, the mortal enemy of the Doctor, in the fifth series of adventures.

• The Bekdel Test by Jonathan Morris
                        • Animal Instinct by Roy Gill
                        • The Lifeboat and the Deathboat by Eddie Robson
                        • Concealed Weapon by Scott Handcock

David Richardson
                        , producer, tells all.
                        It’s a medley of Masters! In previous box sets River has been travelling back through the Doctor’s incarnations. This time around she is meeting some of the Masters – and we have some amazing firsts in this box set! Yes, it’s the first time Eric Roberts has returned to the role since the TV movie in 1996, and the first appearance of Michelle Gomez as Missy in a Big Finish production. With Derek Jacobi as the War Master and Geoffrey Beevers as the decayed Master, it’s an unmissable line-up!

Nicholas Briggs, executive producer
                        This is something we’ve been so incredibly excited about for so long. It’s been thrilling enough for us to work with Alex for all the River releases, but to put her against the Doctor’s former best friend turned archenemy is not a little mind-blowing. Fantastic that we’re getting an opportunity to work with Michelle again, after her first appearance (at Big Finish) with Sylvester McCoy back in 2007! But somehow strangely incredible that Eric Roberts is back from the 1996 TV movie. It’s frankly ‘clash of the icons’ in a really mind-blowing box set.

Jason Haigh-Ellery, executive producer, talks more about bringing these actors to audio
                        Working with Eric was a complete joy. Firstly, he is such a nice man and so easy to communicate with. Secondly, he likes to work and he likes to work fast. Scenes whizz by and we are all enjoying yourselves so much that you forget you are directing an Oscar nominee with over 450 movies under his belt (which should be intimidating – but isn’t). He’s very down to earth – no ego or vanity involved. I hope we work together again soon!
                        Having Michelle Gomez return to Big Finish is wonderful – a lovely lady, who was magnificent as Missy in the past couple of seasons of Doctor Who. I can’t wait for everyone to hear her and Alex Kingston together!

The Diary of River Song: Series 5 is available for pre-order now at £23 on CD or £20 on download.

The Diary of River Song: Series 5 can also be purchased as a bundle with The Diary of River Song: Series 4, to be released in August 2018, at the price of £45 on CD and £40 on download (all CD purchases from the Big Finish website unlock a download exclusive from the Big Finish website and app).

Comment

That’s pretty terrific news, isn’t it? Not just the set itself (which sounds awesome), but because it bodes well for future releases. Two TV actors coming to Big Finish as their iconic TV characters? That opens up tons of avenues of storytelling!

And I wonder if Eric Roberts’s appearance means they’ve finally sorted out the rights issues with the TV movie?
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/...-of-the-daleks

Those in the US - get yeeselves to a cinema! The 90 minute "directors cut" of Genesis of the Daleks will be screening soon to promote the upcoming BluRay box set.

Jealous!

This version was shown around 6 months after the original screening in the UK, but not shown anywhere else. Much as I love this story, somehow I can just picture how much tighter the story would play out over this time frame.

Wasn't going to buy the BluRays, but... I may be tempted.
                            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                            and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                              https://www.fathomevents.com/events/...-of-the-daleks

Those in the US - get yeeselves to a cinema! The 90 minute "directors cut" of Genesis of the Daleks will be screening soon to promote the upcoming BluRay box set.

Jealous!

This version was shown around 6 months after the original screening in the UK, but not shown anywhere else. Much as I love this story, somehow I can just picture how much tighter the story would play out over this time frame.

Wasn't going to buy the BluRays, but... I may be tempted.
                              Ughhh the 90min edit is for sure on the Blu-ray set then? I really had no intention of buying it (upscaling is just a lazy money grab), but I might have to shell out just to see that alternate edit...

Comment

Big Finish - Eighth Doctor Special Offer
                                Saturday, 12 May, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/05...ial-offer.html

This weekend Big Finish are offering 50% off many titles featuring the Eighth Doctor played by Paul McGann, from the beginning of his travels with Charlotte Pollard back in 2001 to the epic four-part saga, Doom Coalition.

Until 23:59 UK Time on the 17th of May 2018, you can save 50% on the Eighth Doctor Adventures releases, Eighth Doctor stories in the Doctor Who Main Range and the award-winning Dark Eyes and Doom Coalition box sets.

The Eighth Doctor Adventures, which were first broadcast on BBC Radio 7 on New Year’s Eve 2006, are a great jumping on point for new listeners as Paul McGann’s Eighth Doctor starts another phase of his adventures with a brand new companion played by Sheridan Smith, Lucie Miller.

Starting after the Eighth Doctor Main Range tales, it's a brand new set of adventures with several returning villains and all-star casts. These adventures start with an Eighth Doctor encounter with the Daleks in Blood of the Daleks, which stars Hayley Atwell and Anita Dobson in a truly terrifying introduction into the world of the Eighth Doctor.

Doctor Who: Dark Eyes (Winner, Best Online Drama, BBC Drama Awards 2014) was written and directed by Nicholas Briggs.
                                The Eighth Doctor is a man dealing with loss and hunting for new meaning in his life. He is looking for hope. But instead, he finds himself on a mission.
                                The Time Lords have uncovered terrifying fragments of an insane plot to destroy the universe. And somehow, at the centre of that plot is one, random female in Earth’s history, Molly O’Sullivan.

And after the apocalyptic events of Doctor Who: Dark Eyes, the Eighth Doctor and Liv Chenka (played by Nicola Walker) continue their adventures in space and time in Doctor Who: Doom Coalition.
                                An ancient danger is stirring under the citadel of Gallifrey. The Eleven - a insane Time Lord who has retained his previous personalities - has escaped, and the Time Lords are powerless to stop him. Now the Doctor, Liv and their new friend Helen Sinclair are the universe's only chance of survival.

Also in this offer are bundles on the Eighth Doctor’s adventures in the Doctor Who Main Range, with companions Charlotte Pollard, C'Rizz played by Conrad Westmaas and Mary Shelley, the gothic author, played by Julie Cox.

To redeem the offer, enter code EIGHT50 at the checkout on the Big Finish website.

This offer expires at 23:59 UK Time on the 17th of May 2018.

Comment

Working...
                                X