X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Sour Grapes or what
    What, I expect.

I don't think he expects anyone to believe that the 'wrong' matt was picked, I think it's either a jest or an answer to a rather impertinent question.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      Well thanks for posting the BBC link to this news prion. Much appreciated but unfortunately I think you must have missed my previous posting above which I made at 12:20am this morning (23rd Jan) which reported what you're...errr...re-reporting:
      Ah, I search for URLs and if they don't show up, I post

Hopefully this is new. behind the scenes pictures from new WHO:

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=...ecial_set_pics

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        Ah, I search for URLs and if they don't show up, I post

Hopefully this is new. behind the scenes pictures from new WHO:

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=...ecial_set_pics
        Those are new. Thank you. Michelle Ryan. In leather. Thank you. Me happy? Very.

Getting serious for a second - some speculation
        Spoiler:
        That backpack she's wearing - I wonder if that's the transport device "Project Indigo" (or a modified and updated version) that UNIT created out of the technology left behind in the wake of the Sontarans' failed attempt to turn Earth into a clone growing planet in The Sontaran Stratagem and Martha Jones used in The Stolen Earth?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I need more info on Planet of the Dead. At the moment it looks and sounds dull.
          sigpic

Comment

What part of what makes this latest TV movie look and sound dull to you? The little bit of casting news we've had or the few behind-the-scenes photos that SFX magazine released? I can understand you using "dull" as a description if the basic plot line had been released...but we don't even know what it's about yet.

"Dull"

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Sooooo... in how many of the four specials will be David Tennant in. I thought there would be only four specials and not five or does that mean four with DT and one with Matt Smith?

And BTW I don't get the dull either.

Planet of the Dead ....mmmh after "Forest of the Dead" and "City of Death" we now get "Planet of the Dead". I think it is too much to hope for lots and lots of zombies is there

Doctor Who meets "Dawn of the Dead" :g:
              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                Sooooo... in how many of the four specials will be David Tennant in. I thought there would be only four specials and not five or does that mean four with DT and one with Matt Smith?
                Funnily enough I was asking my friend about this just the other day. There are 4 TV movies that will be shown across this year and early 2010 and David is in all of them...but when Matt Smith takes over will he get his first full story at the start of Series 5? When David Tennant took over he had the hour long TV movie The Christmas Invasion to get over the regeneration so will Matt Smith's first story be either another TV movie or just a standard 45-minute opening story or maybe a 2-part opener to Series 5?

And BTW I don't get the dull either.
                Glad your with me on this.

Planet of the Dead ....mmmh after "Forest of the Dead" and "City of Death" we now get "Planet of the Dead". I think it is too much to hope for lots and lots of zombies is there

Doctor Who meets "Dawn of the Dead" :g:
                Well Doctor Who has done Werewolves and Vampires before. Zombies...why not? *If* Planet of the Dead was about Zombies then I'm sure Doctor Who would put it's own unique twist on it and make it fantastic!

Comment

Funnily enough I was asking my friend about this just the other day. There are 4 TV movies that will be shown across this year and early 2010 and David is in all of them...but when Matt Smith takes over will he get his first full story at the start of Series 5? When David Tennant took over he had the hour long TV movie The Christmas Invasion to get over the regeneration so will Matt Smith's first story be either another TV movie or just a standard 45-minute opening story or maybe a 2-part opener to Series 5?

Glad your with me on this.

Well Doctor Who has done Werewolves and Vampires before. Zombies...why not? *If* Planet of the Dead was about Zombies then I'm sure Doctor Who would put it's own unique twist on it and make it fantastic!
                  Zombies were done in the Unquiet Dead.

And Michelle Ryan in those leathers looks like she just arrived from Atlantis.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                    So they were. Can't believe I forgot about that. Good callback. Well Vampires were done twice in Doctor Who with different takes in State of Decay and The Curse of Fenric so I don't think there's no harm in taking another look at Zombies with a different twist IF that is what the next TV movie is about.

Well the Atlantis of Doctor Who was destroyed and sunk in The Time Monster so I wouldn't worry about any connection there.

Speculation and possible spoilers:
                    Spoiler:
                    When I saw Michelle dressed like that I thought her clothing was somewhat similar to what Martha wore in The Stolen Earth so I wonder if Michelle's character works for UNIT? Black seems to be UNIT's uniform colour of choice now and the civilian employees follow that if Martha is anything to go by.

Comment

So they were. Can't believe I forgot about that. Good callback. Well Vampires were done twice in Doctor Who with different takes in State of Decay and The Curse of Fenric so I don't think there's no harm in taking another look at Zombies with a different twist IF that is what the next TV movie is about.

Well the Atlantis of Doctor Who was destroyed and sunk in The Time Monster so I wouldn't worry about any connection there.

Speculation and possible spoilers:
                      Spoiler:
                      When I saw Michelle dressed like that I thought her clothing was somewhat similar to what Martha wore in The Stolen Earth so I wonder if Michelle's character works for UNIT...
                      I agree about the UNIT connection.

As for Atlantis... meh. Same universe imo. I'm sure I can account for some discrepencies.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

For me they are two different universes that have nothing to do with each other. Well, the zombie like aliens from "Unquiet Dead" were not even scary and certainly didn't try to feed on their fellow living citizens so we haven't had a REAL zombie episodes.

I mean zombies like these :g:
                        uuuh you shouldn't click on the spoiler button if are queasy when it comes to gore
                        Spoiler:

Vampire episodes for some reason always suck ...no pun intended. I didn't like it on CSI nor on X-Files or Supernatural.

Man I have to watch "Silent Hill" again when I have the time...
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

For me they are two different universes that have nothing to do with each other. Well, the zombie like aliens from "Unquiet Dead" were not even scary and certainly didn't try to feed on their fellow living citizens so we haven't had a REAL zombie episodes.

I mean zombies like these :g:
                          uuuh you shouldn't click on the spoiler button if are queasy when it comes to gore
                          I thought the zombies in The Unquiet Dead were unsettling but I certainly think that they must have been scary to a younger viewer. I found the part when the dead old lady screamed her way towards the screen right before the title sequence unsettling. But Doctor Who should NEVER do anything like Dawn of the Dead! That is way, WAY too much!

Vampire episodes for some reason always suck ...no pun intended. I didn't like it on CSI nor on X-Files or Supernatural.

Man I have to watch "Silent Hill" again when I have the time...
                          Have you seen the Doctor Who stories State of Decay and The Curse of Fenric? They're takes on vampires are certainly unique and different and work their way in to the Doctor's life and the Time Lord mythology too. I recommend checking them out if you haven't seen them.

Comment

I thought the zombies in The Unquiet Dead were unsettling but I certainly think that they must have been scary to a younger viewer. I found the part when the dead old lady screamed her way towards the screen right before the title sequence unsettling. But Doctor Who should NEVER do anything like Dawn of the Dead! That is way, WAY too much!

Have you seen the Doctor Who stories State of Decay and The Curse of Fenric? They're takes on vampires are certainly unique and different and work their way in to the Doctor's life and the Time Lord mythology too. I recommend checking them out if you haven't seen them.
                            No I haven't seen the two yet and I will definitely check them out, thanks Well you are probably right, that would be too much but "Torchwood" could do it...wait they did in "Countrycide" ..sort of. Do cannibalists count too? I looooved that episode. I wish Torchwood had done more like that but since they want to be really tame in the five episode arch to fit the American taste buds : snerk : which is utterly stupid because :

a. SciFi doesn't show Torchwood and never will ...nor will any of the prime time channels
                            b. BBC America is anyway for people who have taste buds similiar or even the same ones like us weirdos from the other side of the Atlantic
                            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Agyeman to make 'Doctor Who' return?
                              Tuesday, January 27 2009, 12:41 GMT

By Lara Martin

Freema Agyeman has reportedly been lined up to make a guest appearance on Doctor Who later this year.

According to The Sun, the actress has been approached to reprise her role as Martha Jones in one of the four upcoming specials marking David Tennant's last outings as the Time Lord.

"Freema’s on board. It’s early days so it’s unclear what exactly Martha will be up to in the new show," said an insider.

Agyeman took over from Billie Piper as the Doctor's companion in 2007 and also appeared on the spinoff show Torchwood.

Earlier this year, the 29-year-old praised the casting of new Doctor Matt Smith, saying: "I think [he] looks absolutely fantastic, he really does. He seems to have all the right things that are needed....I'm really excited!"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14...ho-return.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                                Agyeman to make 'Doctor Who' return?
                                Tuesday, January 27 2009, 12:41 GMT

By Lara Martin

Freema Agyeman has reportedly been lined up to make a guest appearance on Doctor Who later this year.

According to The Sun, the actress has been approached to reprise her role as Martha Jones in one of the four upcoming specials marking David Tennant's last outings as the Time Lord.

"Freema’s on board. It’s early days so it’s unclear what exactly Martha will be up to in the new show," said an insider.

Agyeman took over from Billie Piper as the Doctor's companion in 2007 and also appeared on the spinoff show Torchwood.

Earlier this year, the 29-year-old praised the casting of new Doctor Matt Smith, saying: "I think [he] looks absolutely fantastic, he really does. He seems to have all the right things that are needed....I'm really excited!"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14...ho-return.html
                                Thanks for that.

I'd love to see Freema back...but this news is being reported by a "BBC Insider" to "The Sun" newspaper. Forgive me if I don't build my hopes up too high because, quite frankly..."BBC Insiders" and "The Sun"...I wouldn't believe them if they told me rain was wet.

Comment

Working...
                                X