Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My roommate who knows that I am a Whovian told me that Paris Hilton is supposedly in the next special. She saw it on the telly. I just googled it. So if anyone next to me also got a shock and thought that this must be some sort of joke? It is.

Could Paris Hilton be about to play the bride of Davros in Doctor Who? No. Thankfully.

Fortunately, this is one Doctor Who rumour that proved to be entirely false (we hope). And thank goodness for that.

It was being reported over the weekend that none other than Paris Hilton, the woman who has all-but-trademarked the notion of being famous for being famous, would be stepping into the Tardis for one of the upcoming Doctor Who specials. She was to star in The Bride Of Davros, it was reported, as the betrothed of the evilest man in the Doctor Who universe.

Adding to the smoke was a reported quote from a Doctor Who insider, claiming: "Paris is a major casting coup for the show and really raises the bar.”

It all just sounded a little bit plausible, scarily. However, the rumours are reported to be just that, a bit of Internet tittle tattle without any substance to back them up.

We can all breathe out now. For the minute, anyway…
    Thank God!
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
      My roommate who knows that I am a Whovian told me that Paris Hilton is supposedly in the next special. She saw it on the telly. I just googled it. So if anyone next to me also got a shock and thought that this must be some sort of joke? It is.

Thank God!
      'Raising the bar'? My God...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post

Thank God!

I also read that on Digital Spy and laughed my head off. I tend to agree eith you on whatever powers that be it was a joke.

Comment

I said this a while back, during a discussion about the Sun's insider, that I think that RTD and the crew sit around a table, get bladdered and come up with the most rediculous idea's ever and the winner phone's the Sun and tells them that they have an 'Exclusive' for them. If it gets printed, the winner get's his beer paid for, for a week. The same is probably going on at DigitalSpy too, some gulible so and so will fall for it.

Comment

Doctor Who - Visual Effects Society 7th Annual Awards Nominations:

At the Visual Effects Society site:

(Please follow the link for the complete list of nominees.)

Los Angeles, January 19, 2009 - The Visual Effects Society (VES) today
            announced the nominees for the 7th Annual VES Awards ceremony
            recognizing outstanding visual effects in over a dozen categories of
            film, animation, television, commercials and video games. Nominees
            were chosen Saturday, January 17, 2009, by numerous panels of VES
            members who viewed submissions at the FotoKem screening facilities in
            Burbank.

The Visual Effects Society Seventh Annual Awards will be held February
            21, 2009, at:

Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel

Los Angeles, CA

Outstanding Visual Effects in a Broadcast Miniseries, Movie or Special

DOCTOR WHO - THE NEXT DOCTOR - Cyber King
            Dave Houghton, Marie Jones, Matt McKinney, Murray Barber

GENERATION KILL - Episode 2
            Adam McInnes, Anthony Bluff, Stephane Paris, David Sewell

JOHN ADAMS - Join or Die
            Steve Kullback, Erik Henry, Robert Stromberg, Jeff Goldman

KNIGHT RIDER - Prometheus
            Sam Nicholson, Scott Ramsey, Chris Martin, Mike Enriquez

Outstanding Visual Effects in a Broadcast Series

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON FOUR - BSG Space Battle
            Gary Hutzel, Michael Gibson, Doug Drexler, Kyle Toucher

SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES - Episode 108
            James Lima, Raoul Bolognini, Andrew Orloff, Steve Meyer

GHOST WHISPERER - Ghost in the Machine
            Armen Kevorkian, Arthur J. Codron, Matt Scharf, Stefan Brederock

HEROES - The Second Coming
            Eric Grenaudier, Mark Spatny, Diego Galtieri, Michael Cook

Outstanding Supporting Visual Effects in a Broadcast Program

FRINGE - Episode 101 - Pilot
            Kevin Blank, Jay Worth, Andrew Orloff, Barbara Genicoff

JERICHO - Episode 7 - Patriots and Tyrants
            Andrew Orloff, Blyth Dalton, Chris Jones, MIchael Cliett

LIFE - Frozen Solid
            Max Ivins, Jenny Foster, Danny Kim, Shawn Lipowski

PUSHING DAISIES - The Legend of Merle McQuoddy
            William Powloski, Elizabeth Castro, Melanie Tucker, Eric Chauvin

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Mat Horne: 'I wanted Doctor role'
              Wednesday, January 21 2009, 12:49 GMT

By Simon Reynolds, Entertainment Reporter

Gavin & Stacey's Mathew Horne has admitted that he was disappointed to lose out on the Doctor Who lead role.

According to The Sun, Horne believes that the BBC "picked the wrong Matt" when they selected Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor.

He said: "The producers obviously had a meeting and went, 'There's this young guy called Matt something who wants to do it.' And they picked the wrong Matt."

The 30-year-old insisted that Smith will make a "brilliant" replacement for David Tennant, although he confessed: "I'd have loved to do it."

Horne added: "[I'll be] waiting in the wings in case [Matt] has a mysterious road accident."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14...ctor-role.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                Mat Horne: 'I wanted Doctor role'
                Wednesday, January 21 2009, 12:49 GMT

By Simon Reynolds, Entertainment Reporter

Gavin & Stacey's Mathew Horne has admitted that he was disappointed to lose out on the Doctor Who lead role.

According to The Sun, Horne believes that the BBC "picked the wrong Matt" when they selected Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor.

He said: "The producers obviously had a meeting and went, 'There's this young guy called Matt something who wants to do it.' And they picked the wrong Matt."

The 30-year-old insisted that Smith will make a "brilliant" replacement for David Tennant, although he confessed: "I'd have loved to do it."

Horne added: "[I'll be] waiting in the wings in case [Matt] has a mysterious road accident."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14...ctor-role.html
                Sour Grapes or what

Comment

The Doctor with a young female companion was already getting old by the time Freema stepped into the role of Martha Jones. The BBC is resistant to change, and is unlikely to shake up the formula. Though it would be wonderful to have some older additions to the TARDIS crew, and have two companions rather than one. Hell, the very first Doctor Who seasons had 3! Instead of focussing too much on new scripts, Moffat should be concentrating on tweaking the setup.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                    The Doctor with a young female companion was already getting old by the time Freema stepped into the role of Martha Jones. The BBC is resistant to change, and is unlikely to shake up the formula. Though it would be wonderful to have some older additions to the TARDIS crew, and have two companions rather than one. Hell, the very first Doctor Who seasons had 3! Instead of focussing too much on new scripts, Moffat should be concentrating on tweaking the setup.
                    The thing is, the current format works, if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Comment

It's a well known fact that Moffat is a big fan of the Peter Davison era and he paid tribute to that era by writing Time Crash. It's speculated that Moffat will indeed adopt the two or three travelling companions for the 11th Doctor which was something that the 5th Doctor did himself. I like the idea if that happens. I always liked seeing more than one companion with the Doctor.

The 11th Doctor, with River Song, Jenny, and Sally Sparrow. Yeah. I like that. But maybe he should have a male companion to do the fighting that the Doctor won't in the way that Captain Jack Harkness did the fighting for the pacifist 9th Doctor? One thing I do think won't definitely happen is that we won't see a "boy genius" on board the TARDIS. Moffat doesn't like 'em...and neither do I.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Heads up people! Some casting news for the first of the four Doctor Who TV movies being reported at Outpost Gallifrey website!

The article below may contain spoilers:

Spoiler:
                        Michelle Ryan Confirmed (article now renamed to Specials casting confirmed
                        General TV Series News
                        January 23, 2009 • Posted by Marcus
                        The BBC have confirmed the casting of Michelle Ryan in the Planet of the Dead the first of four Doctor Who Specials which will air in 2009

Ryan, who is best known for her roles as Zoe Slater in EastEnders, and Jaime Sommers in the recent remake of Bionic Woman, will play the mysterious Lady Christina de Souza who joins David Tennant, as the Doctor, on a bus trip which takes a very unexpected detour into danger. She said "I’m a huge fan of Doctor Who and very excited to be joining David Tennant and the Doctor Who team. It is such a fantastic show and I can’t wait to get started!"

One of Britain's best loved comedy stars, Lee Evans, will also be joining the cast playing a character called Malcolm, whose life becomes connected to the Doctor's under extraordinary circumstances.

Noma Dumezweni returns as Captain Erisa (actually it's Marissa - Alan) Magambo, last seen helping Rose and Donna save the world in Turn Left.

Executive Producer and writer Russell T Davies said "Michelle is one of the most sought after young actors in the country and we are delighted to announce that she will be joining the team. As always the script is being kept strictly under wraps however we can reveal that Lady Christina is a woman with a mysterious past who's going to have a huge impact on the Doctor! "

The episode will be screened at Easter.

This is the link to the original article at Outpost Gallifrey:
                        http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php...yylZlVQTJUMDhh

Here's links to a couple of photos of David Tennant with Michelle Ryan:
                        http://www.gallifreyone.com/images/news/ryan1_a.jpg

http://www.gallifreyone.com/images/news/ryan2_a.jpg
                        Last edited by Alan; 22 January 2009, 03:34 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          Heads up people! Some casting news for the first of the four Doctor Who TV movies being reported at Outpost Gallifrey website!

Spoiler:
                          Michelle Ryan Confirmed
                          General TV Series News
                          The BBC have confirmed the casting of Michelle Ryan in the Planet of the Dead the first of four Doctor Who Specials which will air in 2009

Ryan, who is best known for her roles as Zoe Slater in EastEnders, and Jaime Sommers in the recent remake of Bionic Woman, will play the mysterious Lady Christina de Souza who joins David Tennant, as the Doctor, on a bus trip which takes a very unexpected detour into danger. She said "I’m a huge fan of Doctor Who and very excited to be joining David Tennant and the Doctor Who team. It is such a fantastic show and I can’t wait to get started!"

One of Britain's best loved comedy stars, Lee Evans, will also be joining the cast playing a character called Malcolm, whose life becomes connected to the Doctor's under extraordinary circumstances.

Noma Dumezweni returns as Captain Erisa (actually it's Marissa - Alan) Magambo, last seen helping Rose and Donna save the world in Turn Left.

Executive Producer and writer Russell T Davies said "Michelle is one of the most sought after young actors in the country and we are delighted to announce that she will be joining the team. As always the script is being kept strictly under wraps however we can reveal that Lady Christina is a woman with a mysterious past who's going to have a huge impact on the Doctor! "

Spoiler:
                          Hoorah! UNIT!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Hoorah! UNIT!
                            Spoiler:
                            Yep! Always great having UNIT back! It's fantastic that they've been reasserted into Doctor Who again! And to a degree in Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures too! I always love the little references we get to them too!

I'm hoping we see more of them beyond this and hopefully working alongside the 11th Doctor next year.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7844899.stm

Doctor Who role for ex-EastEnder

January 23, 2009

Ryan will play the mysterious Lady Christina de Souza in the special episode, entitled Planet of the Dead.

"I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who and very excited to be joining David Tennant and the Doctor Who team," she said.

Evans plays a character called Malcolm, whose life becomes connected to the Doctor's in unusual circumstances.

Planet of the Dead is the first of four Doctor Who specials, marking the end of David Tennant's tenure as the Time Lord.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Well thanks for posting the BBC link to this news prion. Much appreciated but unfortunately I think you must have missed my previous posting above which I made at 12:20am this morning (23rd Jan) which reported what you're...errr...re-reporting:

Originally posted by Alan View Post

Spoiler:
                                Michelle Ryan Confirmed (article now renamed to Specials casting confirmed
                                General TV Series News

This is the link to the original article at Outpost Gallifrey:

Here's links to a couple of photos of David Tennant with Michelle Ryan:
                                http://www.gallifreyone.com/images/news/ryan1_a.jpg

http://www.gallifreyone.com/images/news/ryan2_a.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X