This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan
    ...the Doctor would be in his 13th incarnation by the mid to late 2020's.
    That's a whole new world away.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
      That's a whole new world away.
      It surely is. That'd be another 20-odd series of Doctor Who to be getting on with.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Sally Sparrow to return?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...s-1607933.html

As for what's next, she's not allowed to say, she jokes. "It's annoying, but they want to make an announcement. When I knew I was coming to Berlin, I said, 'They're going to ask me what I'm doing next.' And they said, 'Yep, but you can't say.' And I was like, 'It'll make it sound like I don't have a job!' But I do have a job; I'm not going to be sitting around on my arse eating crisps waiting for the phone to ring."
        Of course it could be any TV or even movie role really but here's hoping she's in one of the specials or maybe a regular in season 5
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I was hoping for an older companion to contrast with the younger Doctor, but she and her bf would be interesting additions.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Lindsay Duncan to star in 'Who'
            Thursday, February 19 2009, 09:17 GMT

By Mayer Nissim

Lindsay Duncan has been announced as a guest star in the second Doctor Who special.

The Rome actress will play assistant Adelaide in the episode, with producers claiming that she will be the most strong-minded and smartest companion The Doctor has ever had.

Duncan said: "I'm thrilled to be involved in Doctor Who. I've never done anything like this before."

In 2007, Duncan starred on the West End stage alongside future Doctor Matt Smith in Polly Stenham's That Face.

Executive producer Russell T. Davies said: "Lindsay is an incredibly talented actress and I've been an admirer of her work for some time.

"We are delighted to announce that she will be joining the team."

The second of four 2009 specials will be co-written by Davies and Phil Ford, with filming due to start in the spring.

It will be the follow-up to 'Planet Of The Dead', which will air on BBC One at Easter.

Michelle Ryan and Lee Evans have both been confirmed as guest stars in that episode.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14...ar-in-who.html

Comment

I'm pleased, I think she's splendid.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine View Post
                I'm pleased, I think she's splendid.
                Ditto. I remember watching Lindsay Duncan in Rome and thought she was very good.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Never heard of her, but the buzz I've been picking up has all been very promising...

I wonder..... how long till people start going "OMG She's Rani!" or "OMG She's Romana!"? its Doctor Who fandom... its gonna happen eventually
                  A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                    Never heard of her, but the buzz I've been picking up has all been very promising...

I wonder..... how long till people start going "OMG She's Rani!" or "OMG She's Romana!"? its Doctor Who fandom... its gonna happen eventually
                    I never even thought of that! I think I'll start now...

"OMG She's Rani!"

"OMG She's Romana!"

Is that more in keeping with the normal expected responses?

Comment

Wonderful WONDERFUL choice! Things are looking up! Now they just need a guy.
                      sigpic

Comment

Zimbabwe 'hoarding lost 'Who' episodes'
                        Friday, February 20 2009, 11:25 GMT

By Lara Martin

Zimbabwe has been accused of hoarding long-lost episodes of Doctor Who, reports The Sun.

The BBC destroyed several early editions of the cult show in the 1960s and 1970s in order to make room for new programming.

However, the African nation is believed to have bought the first season of the programme, which ran from 1963 until 1966 and starred William Hartnell.

"We have looked all over the world for missing Doctor Who episodes but there are still some broadcasters we have not spoken to," revealed an unnamed BBC source. "Zimbabwe could prove a problem as there is so much red tape."

President Robert Mugabe has banned BBC personnel from entering the country, which has reportedly led the corporation to fear that they might never retrieve the missing serials.

Around 108 out of 752 episodes are believed to be missing. The most famous and sought-after is episode four of The Tenth Planet, which depicts Hartnell transforming into the second Doctor, Patrick Troughton.

Previously forgotten episodes have been uncovered in New Zealand, Hong Kong and through private collections. In 1983, two early outings were found at a car boot sale being sold for £8 each.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14...-episodes.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

By Lara Martin

<snippity-snip-snip>

That's promising news...but not much good can come from it if the BBC aren't allowed in to the country to retrieve them...assuming there is anything to retrieve.
                          Last edited by Alan; 20 February 2009, 06:40 AM.

Comment

By Lara Martin

Zimbabwe has been accused of hoarding long-lost episodes of Doctor Who, reports The Sun.

The BBC destroyed several early editions of the cult show in the 1960s and 1970s in order to make room for new programming.

However, the African nation is believed to have bought the first season of the programme, which ran from 1963 until 1966 and starred William Hartnell.

"We have looked all over the world for missing Doctor Who episodes but there are still some broadcasters we have not spoken to," revealed an unnamed BBC source. "Zimbabwe could prove a problem as there is so much red tape."

President Robert Mugabe has banned BBC personnel from entering the country, which has reportedly led the corporation to fear that they might never retrieve the missing serials.

Around 108 out of 752 episodes are believed to be missing. The most famous and sought-after is episode four of The Tenth Planet, which depicts Hartnell transforming into the second Doctor, Patrick Troughton.

Previously forgotten episodes have been uncovered in New Zealand, Hong Kong and through private collections. In 1983, two early outings were found at a car boot sale being sold for £8 each.

Is it April the First?

Comment

Colin Baker: 'Smith would need ID'
                              Tuesday, February 24 2009, 16:53 GMT

By Mayer Nissim

Colin Baker has joked about the power of time travel to help make ever younger Doctors following the decision to cast 26-year-old Matt Smith in the title role of Doctor Who.

In his column for This Is Local London, the Sixth Doctor revealed that he had recently attended a Doctor Who convention in Los Angeles.

Baker said: "It is heartening that they are still prepared to tolerate the old fogies who used to portray the nation's favourite Time Lord in the age of the new improved programme and the ever youthening Doctor.

"As if David Tennant hadn't already proved the visibly beneficial power of time travel on the genes, the imminent new one, Matt Smith, we are told, is so young that he is likely to be asked for ID if he tries to purchase an intergalactic gargle blaster in licensed premises either side of the Atlantic."

Baker also revealed that he had unknowingly bumped into former Baywatch star Pamela Anderson outside a Belgian chocolate shop in Santa Monica.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14...d-need-id.html

Comment

Colin Baker: 'Smith would need ID'
                                Tuesday, February 24 2009, 16:53 GMT

By Mayer Nissim

Colin Baker has joked about the power of time travel to help make ever younger Doctors following the decision to cast 26-year-old Matt Smith in the title role of Doctor Who.

In his column for This Is Local London, the Sixth Doctor revealed that he had recently attended a Doctor Who convention in Los Angeles.

Baker said: "It is heartening that they are still prepared to tolerate the old fogies who used to portray the nation's favourite Time Lord in the age of the new improved programme and the ever youthening Doctor.

"As if David Tennant hadn't already proved the visibly beneficial power of time travel on the genes, the imminent new one, Matt Smith, we are told, is so young that he is likely to be asked for ID if he tries to purchase an intergalactic gargle blaster in licensed premises either side of the Atlantic."

Baker also revealed that he had unknowingly bumped into former Baywatch star Pamela Anderson outside a Belgian chocolate shop in Santa Monica.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14...d-need-id.html
                                It's PAN Galactic Gargle Blaster, shows you how much he knows and to think the great Douglas Adams used to write for Dr Who

Comment

Working...
                                X