Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galactica's Jamie Bamber has admitted that he would be too scared to replace David Tennant in Doctor Who.

The British actor, who is currently filming Law & Order: UK for ITV, told DS that the thought of playing The Doctor is a "daunting" one.

He said: "Those would be very big shoes to fill - if I'm going to be honest it would be very daunting to take on an icon like Doctor Who. It's right at the core of British television and to take that on is a big challenge.

"I think it's a very enviable one for whoever gets it, but I'm not actively seeking it. I think I'm too scared to actually want it."

However, Bamber revealed that he was a fan of the cult sci-fi show growing up and admires David Tennant's portrayal of the character.

"I was a huge fan of Doctor Who as a kid, as I think every kid my generation was. It was the only compulsory viewing as a young boy in this country," he said.

"I haven't really seen much of the new Doctor Who, Chris Ecclestone or David Tennant, although the bits I have seen David Tennant is amazing in it."

Law & Order: UK begins next year on ITV1.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a13...he-doctor.html

Comment

The Sarah Jane Adventures has been renewed for a third series, rejoice!
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Nothing against the guy ,but I can't see him in the role. (Jeremy Bamber).
        Last edited by Verona; 26 November 2008, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
          "I haven't really seen much of the new Doctor Who, Chris Ecclestone or David Tennant, although the bits I have seen David Tennant is amazing in it."
          Am I the only one thinking this bit sounds like "I can't be arsed ro watch DW but it's fashionable to say Tennant's a wonderful actor so I'd say it too?"
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
            Am I the only one thinking this bit sounds like "I can't be arsed ro watch DW but it's fashionable to say Tennant's a wonderful actor so I'd say it too?"
            Yep

Do you have any other sources apart from digitalspy MWB?

Comment

Hmm, to be fair he would get slammed if he said he hated Tennant in the role! LOL

I guess in the UK at the moment a lot of actors are getting asked this question? Seems to be a whole lot denying they are interested anyway. I am getting really sick of hearing it, just announce the replacement already. We can all move on.

Comment

Oh, I know. I don't think he should slam DT (sides, any person in his right mind would say he's brilliant! ). It's just that the formula of "show X is wonderful, but I don't really watch it" is weird to me. If it's so wonderful, why don't you watch it?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Breaking news: a UK actor has been found on imdb who has NOT been the subject of recent speculation on internet sites or in print in connection with the vacant position of The Doctor.

"I'm honoured," said the unnamed actor. "It's a distinction, one could almost say unique, to be singled out in this manner at this time."

In years past, several highly respected actors were not mentioned in connection with the role. The anonymous young actor is pleased to be in the company of such luminaries as Laurence Olivier, John Barrymore, and Henry Irving, none of whom were ever mentioned in connection with the role.

"Those are some big shoes to fill, but it's an exciting challenge and he'll do his best to live up to it," said a close friend.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                    Breaking news: a UK actor has been found on imdb who has NOT been the subject of recent speculation on internet sites or in print in connection with the vacant position of The Doctor.

"I'm honoured," said the unnamed actor. "It's a distinction, one could almost say unique, to be singled out in this manner at this time."

In years past, several highly respected actors were not mentioned in connection with the role. The anonymous young actor is pleased to be in the company of such luminaries as Laurence Olivier, John Barrymore, and Henry Irving, none of whom were ever mentioned in connection with the role.

"Those are some big shoes to fill, but it's an exciting challenge and he'll do his best to live up to it," said a close friend.
                    Brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post

You They forgot about John Mills, I am sure he has never been mentioned in connection with the role. He would have made a great Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                        You They forgot about John Mills, I am sure he has never been mentioned in connection with the role. He would have made a great Doctor.
                        John Mills! John Mills!

y'know, I've never seen him in anything, I just have a lot of sympathy for him cos I love his grandson's band...

And Madeleine, it won't let me green you so have a mental green for a hilarious post.
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

John Mills was in a lot of wartime 'Propaganda' films as well as others, not exactly blockbusters but still memorable,
                          Zulu Dawn
                          Tiger Bay
                          Ice Cold in Alex
                          I was Monty's Double
                          Scott of the Antartic
                          Dunkirk
                          Great Expectations

Comment

John Mills! John Mills!

y'know, I've never seen him in anything, I just have a lot of sympathy for him cos I love his grandson's band...

And Madeleine, it won't let me green you so have a mental green for a hilarious post.
                            Wow. Nothing? Not even This happy breed! Jeez. You must have seen Swiss Family Robinson! Surly. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                              Wow. Nothing? Not even This happy breed! Jeez. You must have seen Swiss Family Robinson! Surly. Wow.
                              ...Nope.
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                                Battlestar Galactica's Jamie Bamber has admitted that he would be too scared to replace David Tennant in Doctor Who.

The British actor, who is currently filming Law & Order: UK for ITV, told DS that the thought of playing The Doctor is a "daunting" one.

He said: "Those would be very big shoes to fill - if I'm going to be honest it would be very daunting to take on an icon like Doctor Who. It's right at the core of British television and to take that on is a big challenge.

"I think it's a very enviable one for whoever gets it, but I'm not actively seeking it. I think I'm too scared to actually want it."

However, Bamber revealed that he was a fan of the cult sci-fi show growing up and admires David Tennant's portrayal of the character.

"I was a huge fan of Doctor Who as a kid, as I think every kid my generation was. It was the only compulsory viewing as a young boy in this country," he said.

Law & Order: UK begins next year on ITV1.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a13...he-doctor.html
                                wow thanks

it would be fun to see jamie bamber play it
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X