• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Do tell

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      Anyone here plowing their way through Trial of a Timelord?

Anyone spotted the links to the new series in Mindwarp?
      I have never seen any Colin Baker episodes to be honest. Do tell us about the links
      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
      And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
        No. Do tell
        Originally posted by huntress View Post
        I have never seen any Colin Baker episodes to be honest. Do tell us about the links
        Spoiler:
        Trevor Laird (Clive Jones) plays Frax the head of the guards and Chris Ryan (Commander Staal) plays Kiv, Sil's (remember him?) boss

I'd forgotten how good it was, it's been a good 20 years since I've seen it and I'd forgotten how piercing Bonnie Langford's screaming was. Other notable names in the TOATL were Tony Selby as Sabalom Glitz, a very young, pre London's Burning Glen Murphy, Joan Sims, Brian Blessed doing what he does best, shouting and over acting and Honor Blackman

Comment

In case anyone's interested in this for the weekend. Russell Davies and John Barrowman at the Cheltenham Literary Festival. See here
          sigpic

Comment

RTD and Benjamin Cook were interviewed on the Steve Wright show on BBC Radio 2 this afternoon.

The whole show will be available on the BBC iPlayer from tomorrow, although RTD and BC only appear in the last half hour or so.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2008/oct/04/tvandradio

excerpt:

You. Would. Make. A. Good. Dalek
              Veronica Horwell gets an offbeat glimpse into the brilliant mind behind New Who

The Guardian,
              Saturday October 4 2008

What a wizard enterprise this is, 500 pages of emails and text messages between Russell T Davies, resuscitator, executive producer and head writer of Doctor Who, and his confidant Benjamin Cook, from February 14 2007 19:48 GMT to March 26 2008 18:25. A few details have been deleted, such as the name of the actor scheduled to play the Doctor's companion had not Catherine Tate extended her guest role into 13 episodes, but otherwise, it's unabridged and, moreover, footnoted.

The declared purpose of the project is to attend upon Davies as he negotiates with his BBC Wales colleagues, writes more than his share of the scripts for the fourth year of New Who, from last Christmas's panto/disaster movie to the series finale, and rewrites almost everybody else's. And to provoke from him masterclasses, rants, confessions,

REST AT LINK ABOVE

http://westendwhingers.wordpress.com...ord-upon-avon/

Review - Hamlet with David Tennant, RSC, Stratford-upon-Avon
              August 28, 2008

Yes, yes, we know it’s not the West End and that it’s Shakespeare, but it had to be done.
              Done by Andrew,

excerpt:

David Tennant (right, with Penny Downie) is funny too, brightly chirruping “Goodnight Mother!” as he drags Polonius’s corpse off stage. He also turns in a pretty good impression of Patrick Stewart in his response to Claudius’s demand, “Where’s Polonius?”.

REST AT LINK ABOVE, along with humorous Dalek artwork

Comment

Prince Charles on DOCTOR WHO?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/entert...49C31920081013

LONDON (Reuters) - Prince Charles has been invited to appear on the BBC's "Doctor Who" programme -- and his office has not ruled out his taking part.

Initially Clarence House turned down the approach, a move which prompted the show's executive producer Russell T. Davies to label the Prince -- in the style of Charles' beloved Goons -- a "miserable swine."

But a Clarence House spokeswoman told Reuters on Monday the Prince himself had not actually seen the request.

"We did receive a request from 'Doctor Who's' producers," she said. "It was not turned down by Prince Charles but by a Clarence House official. We receive hundreds of requests and he doesn't see them all.

She added: "It's not uncommon for people to resubmit requests with different criteria and if it was resubmitted we would look at it again."

With the show's lead actor David Tennant winning rave reviews for his work with the Royal Shakespeare Company at the moment, the fifth season of "Doctor Who" is not due until 2010, though three one-off specials featuring the time-travelling adventurer are planned for 2009.

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008...en-in-nee.html

'Children in Need' Could Unite All Surviving Doctor Whos
                By John Scott Lewinski
                October 12 2008

Sunday was a big day for Doctor Who news -- or at least for a fierce rumor fans hope is genuine Who news.

November's BBC Children in Need telethon made it a tradition in recent years to feature some sort of Who special as part of its fundraiser programming. Last year's show offered a Steven Moffat-written mini-episode, "Time Crash", bringing together current Doctor David Tennant and '80s version Peter Davison.

Now, reports claim the seven surviving actors who played The Doctor will reunite for this year's special. That means Tennant and Davision would join Tom Baker, Colin Baker, Sylvestor McCoy, Paul Mcgann and Christopher Eccleston for a reunion fans thought was impossible.

As for the 10th version of the Time Lord, Tennant is either walking away at the end of 2009's four special episodes, or he's looking to sign on through 2011. The only announcement on the situation that matters will come from the BBC and Tennant.

Comment

Now that would be seriously cool!

The BBC will just need to throw money at Eccleston until he say yes.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I would seriously watch CiN for that

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                      I would seriously watch CiN for that
                      No need... just record it and skip through the rest of the trash
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                        No need... just record it and skip through the rest of the trash
                        Or watch it online

Comment

From SFX

Ten Doctor Who covers for SFX issue 176
                          On 23 November 1963, the world met the Doctor for the first time, when An Unearthly Child hit British television screens. Now 45 years and nine more incarnations of the Time Lord later, SFX is set to celebrate the anniversary of Doctor Who's launch in truly cosmic style.

Issue 176 of Earth’s leading science fiction magazine will offer readers a choice of no less than ten variant covers, one for each incarnation of the legendary Doctor.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=...who_covers_for

Click on the link for the full story and information.

Comment

Interesting, yes.

But personally, I have a strong dislike for variant covers. You can never seem to find the one you want...

Still, ten covers is quite reasonable. At least it's not 100 variant covers like Empire magazine did a couple of months ago...
                            sigpic

Comment

There's a new radio play of Dr Who tonight 18.00(19 Oct )on radio7 (via the BBC website) also one next week. It stars Paul McGann.
                              sigpic

Comment

Joseph To Be First Black Doctor?

http://www.scifistream.com/2008/10/2...-black-doctor/

i could live with this
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X