Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm holding out for another Amazon exclusive like my beloved "The Master" S3 box set.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

As Chic Murray once said "You never know."

I'll keep my ear to the ground.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

http://nbcumv.com/scifi/release_deta...fi039s039.html

SCI FI's 'DOCTOR WHO' SEASON FINALE ENDS WITH DOUBLE DIGIT GROWTH
        Published: August 4, 2008

*RATINGS ALERT*

NEW YORK – August 4, 2008 – The British sensation Doctor Who season 4 finale on August 1 averaged a 1.0 HH rating and 1.264 million total viewers (P2+) in Live + Same Day Nielsen data. In addition the telecast delivered 695,000 P25-54s and 588,000 P18-49s.

Season 4 resulted in increased viewing for the series, with growth vs. season 3* +25% in HH Ratings, +17% in total viewers (P2+) and +6% in both P18-49s and P25-54s.

Doctor Who is a one-hour drama that follows the adventures of a mysterious time-traveler known simply as "The Doctor" (David Tennant) and his companion Donna Noble (Catherine Tate). The Doctor and Donna risk death and danger, battling aliens and monsters while they traverse the spectrum of time. Wise, funny and brave, The Doctor's detached logic gives him a vital edge when the world is in danger. Doctor Who is produced by Phil Collinson. Executive Producers are Head of Drama, BBC Wales, Julie Gardner and Lead Writer Russell T Davies.

SCI FI Channel is a television network where "what if" is what's on. SCI FI fuels the imagination of viewers with original series and events, blockbuster movies and classic science fiction and fantasy programming, as well as a dynamic Web site (www.scifi.com ) and magazine. Launched in 1992, and currently in 93 million homes, SCI FI Channel is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.

*All comparisons using Live + Same Day data

Comment

Originally posted by prion
          NEW YORK – August 4, 2008 – The British sensation Doctor Who season 4 finale on August 1 averaged a 1.0 HH rating and 1.264 million total viewers (P2+) in Live + Same Day Nielsen data. In addition the telecast delivered 695,000 P25-54s and 588,000 P18-49s.

Season 4 resulted in increased viewing for the series, with growth vs. season 3* +25% in HH Ratings, +17% in total viewers (P2+) and +6% in both P18-49s and P25-54s.
          What does that mean in English?

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
            Doctor who might not be the success in the US it is in the UK but it still has its ability to not lose audience?
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
              Doctor who might not be the success in the US it is in the UK but it still has its ability to not lose audience?
              Ahhhhh, thanks for the explaination

Comment

Simply, it did very well. But don't ask me to explain the math as I can't

Meanwhile....

http://uk.reuters.com/article/wtMost...21555820080806

Doctor Who star Tennant wows critics as "Hamlet"
                Wed Aug 6, 2008 9:33am BST

LONDON (Reuters) - Having captivated millions of children and TV viewers battling Daleks as Doctor Who, David Tennant has now wowed theatre critics after returning to the stage to perform as Hamlet.

"From Time Lord to antic prince: David Tennant is the best Hamlet in years" gushed the headline in the Guardian, while both the Times and the Independent pictured the actor on their front pages.

Much media attention has been focused on Tennant's starring role in the Shakespeare classic at the Courtyard Theatre in Stratford-upon-Avon, especially after the Royal Shakespeare Company said it wouldn't allow him to sign sci-fi memorabilia.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

It's very significant that SciFi chose to write a press release on this.

Keep in mind that a program's REAL success is measured in its profitability. While the absolute ratings Dr. Who receives on SciFi may not be equal to some of the programming they fund themselves, it must be very profitable.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                    It's very significant that SciFi chose to write a press release on this.

Keep in mind that a program's REAL success is measured in its profitability. While the absolute ratings Dr. Who receives on SciFi may not be equal to some of the programming they fund themselves, it must be very profitable.
                    They don't have to spin the DW figures the same way they have to, to justify keeping some of their shows *cough*Atlantis*cough*

Comment

Steven Moffat has won the 2008 Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation - Short Form, for Blink.

Comment

This is number 3 isn't it?

Comment

This is number 3 isn't it?
                          Yup.

Following the BAFTA Craft and BAFTA Cymru awards for Best Writer.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I think Reefgirl may have meant that it's Number 3 for Moffat, having won the same award the previous two years for The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances and The Girl in the Fireplace...

(If she didn't, it's just nice to point that out anyway )

Comment

It would appear they come in threes
                              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                                It would appear they come in threes
                                Much like buses.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X