This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    You do realise that after the Beijing Games, 'London 2012' is going to be rammed down our throats at every opportunity (Like it's not already) and by 2010 you are going to wish that the Daleks would take out the London Olympics
    Endless repeats of Fear Her!
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I would gladly surrender to the Daleks rather than go through that agin

Comment

Ok then, which Classic Who monster/creature/villain would you guys like to see making a comeback?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the Draconians again.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

You know what, I actually like Fear Her. No, it's not one of their greatest episodes, hardly, but it's a really sweet small episode with some lovely moments in it (well, and a lot of cheese, but once you igore the cheese it got some really lovely, humorous, sweet moments). Also, as opposed to a lot of episodes in the second half of the second series, Rose is actually portrayed well there.
          And it has some really nice incidental music.

As for repeating badguys... having some POM Egyptian Gods would be soooooo Stargate now, I'm actually tempted!
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
            As for repeating badguys... having some POM Egyptian Gods would be soooooo Stargate now, I'm actually tempted!
            "Pyramids of Mars", 1975.

Sutekh was the "last of the Osirans".
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
              "Pyramids of Mars", 1975.

Sutekh was the "last of the Osirans".
              And the Doctor was the last of the Time Lords.
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Fenric, I loved the Curse of Fenric and Lady Peniforte from Silver Nemesis, The Mara and The Destroyer

Comment

How many Time Lords do you need to change a light bulb?

-None, there's only one and he's too busy angsting over the lightbulb being the last of its kind.

Erm, sorry. *returns thread to its regular programming*
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Good Lord...

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                      Fenric, I loved the Curse of Fenric and Lady Peniforte from Silver Nemesis, The Mara and The Destroyer
                      But Fenric was destroyed, Lady Peinforte was killed (I think; the video player went wonky and I was in a school play - a rabbit in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, I think - that night). The Destroyer was definitely the destroyee and you can't take that one away from the Brig.

On t'other hand, Morgaine was only arrested, and that Battle Queen of the S'rax might give her an in on the new series.
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                        But Fenric was destroyed, Lady Peinforte was killed (I think; the video player went wonky and I was in a school play - a rabbit in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, I think - that night). The Destroyer was definitely the destroyee and you can't take that one away from the Brig.

On t'other hand, Morgaine was only arrested, and that Battle Queen of the S'rax might give her an in on the new series.
                        Right and the Daleks were destroyed, 3 times, and the Cybermen were sucked into an alternative reality and your were there and you were there and there's no place like home

Anything is possible in Who

Comment

Interview with the Grand Moff at IGN.

When asked if he thought taking the reigns of a cultural icon was a burden, he answered quickly. "No. It is part of British life. That's not an exaggeration, Doctor Who is part of British life. But it's just exciting. I went around for a week saying, 'Oh I'm very frightened' – but I'm not. I'm not. It's exciting. What's the point of wasting time being worried about it? It's exciting and I can't wait to get started."

Comment

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008...-who-chri.html

WIRED MAG – Aug 1 2008
                            Doctor Who Christmas Special Intros New Cyberman

The Doctor just kicked the Dalekanium encrusted backside of Davros, but he doesn't get a day off for Christmas.
                            The trailer for the Doctor Who Christmas special (right) has been making the rounds, and it features the return of the Cybermen in what appears to be Victorian England.
                            But, the fan forums are reporting that Santa will deliver a new breed of Cyber-creature as 2008 draws to a close. For a look at the new Cybershade, skip to the jump. Otherwise, little is known of the robotic wraith.

Comment

S4 Boxset Art:

Not impressed.

After the triumph of both S3's boxset art, why must they return to the crappy style they had for S2?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

You never know, there might be something cool on the back.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X