X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
    Oh, sorry.

The Borad was a hideous evil scientist who ruled the planet Karfel and had all mirrors banned.

Timelash, Season 22.
    Was that 6th or 7th DOctor
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
      Was that 6th or 7th DOctor
      It was the 6th Doctor.
      Timelash for me is the only 6th Doctor story now I havnt watched.
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Cherriey
        lol Funny. =0) Apart from that sort of thing what has been the flavor of humor for this series?
        Depends on the Doctor.

During the era of the First Doctor (1963-1966), most of the humor was the misunderstandings between characters and the Doctor's frequent inability to admit he was wrong.

During the era of the Second Doctor (1966-1969), there was a lot of physical humor and humorous banter between the Doctor and Jamie. In fact, I have argued they were the funniest duo in the history of the series.

During the era of the Third Doctor (1970-1974), most of the humor came from the Doctor's relationship with other characters, especially Brigadier Alastair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart, who hopelessly struggled to fit the Doctor's explanations into his very orderly comically-narrow viewpoint.

During the era of the Fourth Doctor (1975-1981), humor came at the most inappropriate moments as only the Fourth Doctor could pull off with his delivery and unorthodox views on the universe.

During the era of the Fifth Doctor (1982-1984), it was the Fifth Doctor's indecisiveness and inability to say to no was the main source of humor.

During the era of the Sixth Doctor (1985-1986), much of the humor came from the Sixth Doctor's arrogance or the verbal sparing between characters.

During the era of the Seventh Doctor (1987-1989), there was a lot of physical humor and some witty observations. Many of the villains were comically absurd stereotypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
          It was the 6th Doctor.
          Timelash for me is the only 6th Doctor story now I havnt watched.
          Thanks man

Comment

Thats ok Im here to spread the love for the good old Doctor.
            I think we should do a poll or something to see which Doctor the 9th Doctor is most like. Id say a mixture between the 5th 7th 8th and the 2nd.

Comment

Maybe the 4th and 7th, but I need to see more

Comment

I see common elements with the First and Fourth Doctors.

Comment

i do agree there is alot of the 4th Doctor in there.

Comment

I can see the first with him being so closed at frist

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have any doctors to base my calculations off of. Only this one. I enjoy watching his relationship with Rose grow. =0) To have a traveling companion that you can continually learn about as well as feel comfortable with is nice.

Comment

Yes it is, Its fun to watch the Frist Doctor warm up to Ian and Barbara

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                          Yes it is, Its fun to watch the Frist Doctor warm up to Ian and Barbara
                          Unfortunately if those seasons of yore never appear in my channeling I'll probably never get to see them. =0)

Comment

Have you guys seen this?
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=UqO6xecXfqg
                            'Tis Dr Who as the A-Team...
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

that was interesting...
                              Spoiler:
                              Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                              I caught frogs and called them prince
                              And made myself a queen
                              Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                              I slept in castles and fell in love
                              Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                              To capture tinkerbell
                              They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                              But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                              And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                              And anything I can to get by
                              And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by Cherriey
                                Unfortunately if those seasons of yore never appear in my channeling I'll probably never get to see them. =0)
                                Many of the old stories are already out on DVD.

In fact, the first three adventures of the original series (spread across 13 episodes) was just released in America as a boxset. Click here.

Also, I heard a rumor about the Time War.
                                Spoiler:
                                I heard that Russell T. Davies said the Daleks felt provoked because the Time Lords had sent an agent back in time to wipe them out.

If that's true (and by that, I mean canonical)...that would make the upcoming Genesis of the Daleks DVD release (6 episodes) a good choice for new fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X