Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness : Spec/Ideas/News (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
    Dont be silly PH. You fight space by filling it all up......with......squares and rectangles.

Spoiler:
    STAR TREK: THE WRATH OF TETRIS!!!
    The Eighties are back, and this time, its.....personal?
    Humanity's survival depends on the U.S.S Pacman
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

This doesn't look like my cup of tea even though I liked the first one. It seems a little confusing to me because I think I read somewhere that they are picking up where the last film left off, but everybody looks different. The uniforms are now grey and they've got on leather jackets... I don't know, but it does look like it will be action packed.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
        This doesn't look like my cup of tea even though I liked the first one. It seems a little confusing to me because I think I read somewhere that they are picking up where the last film left off, but everybody looks different. The uniforms are now grey and they've got on leather jackets... I don't know, but it does look like it will be action packed.
        I can understand that concern but also its premature to judge a movie based on a trailer. Look at accurate the SciFi promos were for Stargate episodes
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Which is just another way to acknowledge you were wrong
          Are you a kid? Seriously, are you? This is not adult behavior. Do I need to provide you with a list of successful movies that did not feature a villain?

Comment

No thanks. I don't care what a arrogant flammer thinks of me
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
              Er...did we watch the same trailer? There were lots of TOS-coloured uniforms--there's even a shot in there of Alice Eve in one of the short-sleeved ones. And what's wrong with wearing jackets outdoors? The original TOS pilot featured jackets on the away mission. And DS9 and VOY featured those goofy silver jackets whenever they went anywhere cold.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I can understand that concern but also its premature to judge a movie based on a trailer. Look at accurate the SciFi promos were for Stargate episodes
                Oh, I'm not trying to judge. That's why I said "I don't know..." And btw, nice Snoopy avi.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Er...did we watch the same trailer? There were lots of TOS-coloured uniforms--there's even a shot in there of Alice Eve in one of the short-sleeved ones. And what's wrong with wearing jackets outdoors? The original TOS pilot featured jackets on the away mission. And DS9 and VOY featured those goofy silver jackets whenever they went anywhere cold.
                I'm not sure that we did, at least based off of impressions, but nothing is wrong with having differing impressions in my mind. I just remember seeing a lot of grey. Nothing is wrong with the leather jacket look. In fact, the shots of Uhura in leather and then Spock were nice, but it is also interesting to me that so much of the trailer (and I know it only runs for a minute) had these people in just about anything but their regular uniforms.

It's almost like they were trying to hide the fact that this is a Star Trek movie. That's fine, and it puts this trailer on par with the last Transformers one, and that was a nice action movie. I do not doubt that this might be a nice action movie too.

sigpic

Comment

Teasy image released today:

Paramount Pictures has just released a new image from Star Trek Into Darkness. The picture depicts Chris Pine as Kirk and Zachary Quinto as Spock engaged in an apparently heated conversation with the character played by Benedict Cumberbatch. That character is seen in what appears to be a brig/holding cell and, according to the caption provided by Paramount, the character is named… John Harrison.

Link
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

you know i wonder if they will ever released those four novels that were supposed to follow the movie back in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                      I can't wait for this movie
                      Neither can I. After how good the first movie was, I have very high hopes for this sequel.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                        I'm just tired of super villains trying to destroy the entire Federation.
                        So am I, it's the go-to plot anymore and it's boring to me.
                        sigpic

Comment

http://screenrant.com/star-trek-2-imax-preview/
                          IMAX Prologue, will probably see this as I'm seeing The Hobbit at an IMAX

Comment

http://screenrant.com/star-trek-2-al...-carol-marcus/
                            Speculation and slight spoilers

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                              oh, and did anyone notice at the end of the japanese trailer the erie similarity to the end of wrath of khan? homage? retelling? coincidence?
                              anyone?

Comment

Obviously

On a somewhat related note: even though nobody seems receptive to the idea of a rehash of the old films--doesn't Project Genesis make a ton more sense in the context of Vulcan having been destroyed in the previous movie? Presuming, of course, that the desired environmental conditions can be tailor-tweaked.

Comment

Working...
                                X