Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness : Spec/Ideas/News (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    But they also weren't very Klingon. Gorkon was also more about talking peace but even those who aided his daughter said "better to die on your feet than live on your knees". With Chang he was more Romulan to me. I couldn't see a Klingon, even those who used cloaks to ambush someone, thinking it's an honourable victory to kill someone using while cloaked. I think they'd consider that too Romulan, to stab a person in the back rather than walk up and stab them in the heart. He could have challenged Gorkon for leadership as the Klingon right of challenge had already been established when Riker served on a Bird of Prey and I believe (maybe wrong) when they were discussing who'd take over the Council, Duras or Gowron.
    I guess the only thing I can say about that is that much of the Klingon code of honor was developed by Ronald D. Moore as part of TNG. Also how about how Lursa and B'etor destroyed the Enterprise-D?

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
      I guess the only thing I can say about that is that much of the Klingon code of honor was developed by Ronald D. Moore as part of TNG. Also how about how Lursa and B'etor destroyed the Enterprise-D?
      That was more Soran though. He was seen (if I remember right), messing around with the Visor. He gave them that advantage and it was a bit stupid that once the Enterprise was hit, the crew wouldn't think to readjust the shield frequency.

It is a good point though, that RDM did develop Klingons more through TNG and then DS9 really got into writing the book on Klingons. If Star Trek 12 decides to go back to the more... tame version of Klingons that take after Romulans, Giamatti would fit but not if they decide to use the more bloody thirsty warriors.

Maybe TNG era Klingons lost something when they were dumbed down (for lack of a better expression) and all the clever, scheming aspect went to the Romulans.
      Last edited by SaberBlade; 02 March 2011, 07:07 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Shatner wants role in new Star Trek

William Shatner has revealed that he would love to be in the next Star Trek movie

The veteran actor played the role of Captain James T Kirk in Star Trek for 19 years said that, just as his original co-star, Leonard Nimoy, had made an appearance in JJ Abrams' 2009 Star Trek revamp, he would also be pleased to have a role in the sequel to the movie saying: "I'd be delighted".

He added that one of the main motivations for wanting to appear in the film, which is due out in 2012, was so he can feel larger than life next to JJ Abrams. He joked: "I've become acquainted with JJ Abrams and he's smaller than I am. I like to find people I can stand next to that I can tower over."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/en...-15103726.html

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          Shatner wants role in new Star Trek

William Shatner has revealed that he would love to be in the next Star Trek movie

The veteran actor played the role of Captain James T Kirk in Star Trek for 19 years said that, just as his original co-star, Leonard Nimoy, had made an appearance in JJ Abrams' 2009 Star Trek revamp, he would also be pleased to have a role in the sequel to the movie saying: "I'd be delighted".

He added that one of the main motivations for wanting to appear in the film, which is due out in 2012, was so he can feel larger than life next to JJ Abrams. He joked: "I've become acquainted with JJ Abrams and he's smaller than I am. I like to find people I can stand next to that I can tower over."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/en...-15103726.html
          sigpic

Comment

That's hilarious
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Simon Pegg suggests Nick Frost for new Harry Mudd (just talk, not a spoiler)

I think that'd be hilarious, personally
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Simon Pegg suggests Nick Frost for new Harry Mudd (just talk, not a spoiler)

I think that'd be hilarious, personally
                I'd love it. Nick Frost and Simon Pegg are the best!

Comment

The only problem is that I'm not sure how much I like the whole "Scottie as Comic Relief" thing.

Comment

I don't think Scotty is really the comic relief. It was more the Bones/Kirk relationship. As later on yes, Scotty did take things a bit more lightly but that's because he entered the situation much later than everyone else and I think his character was portrayed that way. It's the small alien he had that was taking abuse which was weird for me.Not sure if that was supposed to be funny or not.

sigpic

Comment

I just don't want engineering to look like a brewery in the next film. Other than that, I say go-go JJ!
                      sigpic

Comment

Here's something new;

Ongoing Star Trek Comic to Launch This Fall

IDW Publishing and CBS Consumer Products have announced a brand-new ongoing comic book series to be based on J.J. Abram's rebooted Star Trek universe. Teaming with the film's writer/producer Roberto Orci, the new monthly series will tie into both the 2009 film and the upcoming untitled sequel.

The comic book series will re-adapt episodes of the original television series in the "rebooted" canon, beginning with the series' second pilot, "Where No Man Has Gone Before". That episode saw the U.S.S. Enterprise traveling to the edge of the galaxy, exposing two crewmembers to an energy field that causes them evolve into godlike beings. Fearing their increasing lack of humanity, Captain James T. Kirk decides that he must maroon them on a nearby planet before they become too powerful to stop. One of the afflicted crewmen is Helsman Gary Mitchell, a close personal friend to Kirk.

Specifically interesting to fans of the film is the fact that Mitchell has been one of the many characters speculated to appear in the upcoming sequel. While there's no assurance that this comic book version will mirror the episode to the point of his inclusion, it does make an upcoming film appearance less likely.

Incidentally, the planet on which Mitchell was marooned in the original episode was Delta Vega, the same world on which Spock leaves Kirk in the 2009 film.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=78745

--

I guess this pretty much leaves the next movie open to anything. If they're going to turn episodes into comic books, they could easily take use all the good stuff for those and just start remaking the movies.

sigpic

Comment

Incidentally, the planet on which Mitchell was marooned in the original episode was Delta Vega, the same world on which Spock leaves Kirk in the 2009 film.
                          Er....not quite, no.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Er....not quite, no.
                            I noticed that too. I don't believe in XI it was intended to be the same planet Kirk decided to ditch Mitchell and the original Hot Lips Houlihan. In XI, the name was used for the planet where "Spock Prime" had been dropped. It's either small reference to TOS, or they tried to make it the same planet and completely ballsed it up.

sigpic

Comment

An ongoing comic series? Interesting.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                                Why not Paul Giamatti as a Klingon, I mean Christopher Lloyd played one...
                                really? which one did CL play?
                                If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                                [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Working...
                                X