Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness : Spec/Ideas/News (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope this one has a story.

There are two organisations in Star trek that wears black uniforms one is Section 31, , the uniform does look like one Sloan was seen wearing in DS9 or Star fleet Marines, but they tend to have some colour to disclose whether they are engineer or medic. From the Picture Section 31 is more likely, if he is in starfleet at all and not a civilian.

The fact that a near human is able to withstand a Vulcan neck pinch, means he has to be an augmented human or not human at all but an alien disguise as a human.

The fact it look like they are on a primitive looking ship, could suggest they are on the SS Botany Bay,

So either we are getting a Khan remake, there has been an almost constant rumour that we are, in which case I will not be buying a ticket, DVD or even brother wasting my time watching it at all, plenty of films out with original stories, and plenty of original star trek material to read, or we are getting an original augment story or an alien infiltration of Star trek story, possibly Klingon or Cardassian or Romulan all have been known to place long term spies with in Starfleet.

Let hope it not as plot hole ridden as the last one or with as many lens flares.
    Last edited by knowles2; 25 February 2012, 04:31 AM.

Comment

That's a lot of sweeping guesses, assumptions, and conclusions--from a picture of
      Spoiler:
      a shirt that's the same as the Starfleet black undershirt in the first film.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        That's a lot of sweeping guesses, assumptions, and conclusions--from a picture of
        Spoiler:
        a shirt that's the same as the Starfleet black undershirt in the first film.
        But it so fun making sweeping guesses, assumptions and conclusions.

I forgotten about the cadet uniform.

But come on do we really want cadets fighting cadets as the bases for our next film. Or do we want a section 31 operation uncovered by our captain and his ugly ship, with a deep plot that take place across the entire federation, with plenty of twists an turns and back stabbings. A spy thriller in Scifi realm of Star trek, one that ask our crew and the audience to make a moral choice perhaps.
        Last edited by knowles2; 25 February 2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Alex Kurtzman on the Star Trek sequel, and Benedict Cumberbatch

Production continues under much secrecy on JJ Abrams’ sequel to his Star Trek reboot, and very little information on the film has managed to leak out thus far. To be fair, you’d probably have to say that’s no bad thing.

Producer Alex Kurtzman has been chatting about it, though, to Movieweb. Firstly, he’s been full of praise for Benedict Cumberbatch’s work on the film. “He's incredible. What he does with language is incredible. His training is amazing and he's so magnetic, he holds the screen in any size frame, he really is a joy to watch.", said Kurtzman, of the British actor’s work. Cumberbatch is widely assumed to be playing the villain in the film, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

Kurtzman was full of praise, too, for director JJ Abrams.

He also had one or two teases with regards the film’s plot. “Without spoiling anything, the challenge is that you don't want to jump too far ahead and assume that just because they got together they're all comfortable with each other”, he told the site.

“They're still all working out their kinks and still becoming the bridge crew that we remember from the series. That's still very much alive and look, any good sequel is about the challenge that the group faces in order to become the unified team and I think that that challenge in this movie is going to be hopefully amazing."
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I can't wait until more info starts to leak out. It is only a matter of time.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Alice Eve's preparation for her role in Trek 12?

She sat down and watched all of TOS!

Comment

More set photos. Mostly unrevealing (greenscreen background), but Quinto in an interesting costume!

Comment

More set photos. Mostly unrevealing (greenscreen background), but Quinto in an interesting costume!
                  Awesome! Very nice! Not alot but its good to have something. Its nice to just see it in action.

Comment

Some big big spoilers...

Well, I guess they're not exactly spoiler spoilers, but they're information on certain actors and characters that will be appearing!

Comment

That's it, the new production team is already creatively bankrupt after one movie.

Spoiler:
                      Khan's been done already, can't they come up with something new? Lame.

Comment

Leonard Nimoy not to appear in Trek2013 after all?

First photo of Alice Eve in (partial) costume, rampant speculation abounds

Peter Weller drops some hints about his role

Comment

I refuse to see remake of old films. So I guest this is one film I will not have to pay out to see in 2013, especially as their is load of original films coming that year.

Comment

Nobody has said anything about a remake.

Comment

Nobody has said anything about a remake.
                              Okay I will rephrase, I refuse to go see a film which reuses characters that have already had their story told on screen in a satisfactory way.

It like the sinking of the titanic, once I seen one film, I really do not need to go an see the other 20 odd films about the sinking of the titanic, no matter how much new make up they put on the story, it still end the same way.
                              Last edited by knowles2; 19 May 2012, 01:22 AM.

Comment

You know there have been hundreds of TV episodes, and 11 movies from two sets of TV series characters, right? They've all had their stories told satisfactorily. Many times over. Why should this be any different?

Comment

Working...
                                X