Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness : Spec/Ideas/News (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back to topic do you guys think Kahn will be in this? i've heard rumours that Cumberbatch isnt meant to play him, idk could be kahn, could be one of kahns people, could even be gary mitchell who knows?

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I'll grant you a teen soap but it was science fiction and yes the alien makes it science fiction. The show is never magical and leaves the science fiction genere of impossible. Highly impropable of course but must scifi tv is highly unlikely
    Spoiler:
    It does actually have magic in it s4 i think? and even later seasons with that witch zatanna or whatever her name is?
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 19 December 2012, 05:44 AM.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Dude, re-read the last page or so of the thread
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oblivion, Pacific Rim, After Earth are all sci-fi movies at least for me but anyway I think Into Darkness although I still hate that name and they could choose a better one will be awesome ! I have watched the teaser at least five times now but decided not to watch anymore clips because I want to know nothing more about this movie than I already now, so see you guys in May ( at least in this thread )
        sigpic

Comment

Just got back from watching The Hobbit and I got to see the Star Trek prequel.
          One word, Wow!, if the films going to be like that, then it looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            Just got back from watching The Hobbit and I got to see the Star Trek prequel.
            One word, Wow!, if the films going to be like that, then it looks good!
            let's hope
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2825104384/tt1408101
              Some new photos.

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/dying-...into-darkness/
              And a nice story...

Comment

I was very disappointed by the new trailer.
                I liked the reboot, I like the shows, but I am afraid that ST will drift in a Bond direction (and I think all the Craig Bonds are awful movies with replaceable characters and movie titles, for instance you can also name it Bourne, 96 Hours....)!

IMO in Star Trek, the main theme is discovery and trying to overcome those ridiculous trench wars. It´s about embracing something new and find common grounds.

But the trailer look like this weird mixture of revenge and destruction. It´s getting old, every movie begins with a big enemy that weasel his way in the heart of an organization/planet/family (insert whatever you like) and try to destroy it because he have a major problem with the main character. That was the exact Story of the last movie, was it?!

In the meantime planets get destroyed and friendships get proven and so on. Of course the special effects are very important and the cell the bad guy get imprisoned in looks like the one we capture Loki (the Avengers) and all the others.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                  Oblivion? After Earth? Pacific Rim? Is Man of Steel really science-fiction? I always saw Superman as fantasy given that the fictional science in the saga has no bearing on real world science. It only looks science-fiction, because he's an alien from another planet. There's science-fiction window dressing, but it's predominately a fantasy.
                  I've always seen it as sci-fi and fantasy its about an alien. there are some episodes that are science fiction such as the episode Relic (I believe its called), where Clark gets messages from his father who was on Earth in the 40's and the episode where Clark gets a call from Lana who was in the future. obviously the fantasy comes in when they are dealing with the stones in season 4. I personally liked this show, though I've only seen through some of season 9. It definitely started going downhill the longer it was on. but the earlier seasons are great.
                  sigpic

Comment

Star Trek XI was already strange for me to watch with the coloring and the way Abrahams is cutting scenes, sometimes wild, sometimes with slo-mo, etc. It looked more like Matrix than Star Trek. Star Trek XII looks just like another Star Trek XI, just with a different enemy type and a different main character who is specially vulnerable to the enemy.

I am seriously considering not to watch this movie in the cinema, the first Star Trek movie ever since "Generations" (VII) I wouldn't have seen in the theatres and only get the Blueray release disk. For me, it's just not Star Trek anymore. It's something else Abrahams has turned Star Trek into. Star Trek for me, that's TNG episodes like when Data is being discussed who he belongs to or if he's more of a human being who can decide what to do on one's own. Star Trek for me, that's movies like "Voyage Home" or "First Contact", it's the spirit of Gene(ius) Roddenberry.

Comment

Enjoyed XI, thought it was great. Will no doubt enjoy XII.

I loved TNG and most of the movies and found TOS amusing when I first saw it. Wasn't a fan of the other series'.

I will always remember what Gene did but I understand that the new movies need to be different if the reboot is to be successful. It needs to drag in a new audience but it also needs to attempt to keep the older audience happy. It kept me happy therefore it's a success in my eyes.
                      sigpic

Comment

is the first 9 minutes streaming online (legally) anywhere? I didn't get to see it in front of the hobbit.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                          is the first 9 minutes streaming online (legally) anywhere? I didn't get to see it in front of the hobbit.
                          it's only on imax showings of the hobbit.

Comment

Yeah that darn fancy shmansy IMAX...I saw the Hobbit in 2D.

Comment

Star Trek Into Darkness new featurette

Comment

And new TV spot from Super Bowl

Comment

Working...
                                X