Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness : Spec/Ideas/News (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We might see a little more about the Eugenics wars if Khan was the bad guy, which would make it canon in both universes. But the fact is, everything up to when Kirk was born remains the same in both unis, so that would mean that Khan would be floating around aboard the Botany Bay, somewhere in space, waiting to get thawed out. I find it hard to imagine that if Khan were the bad guy, the story would be that different from Space Seed.

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
      We might see a little more about the Eugenics wars if Khan was the bad guy, which would make it canon in both universes. But the fact is, everything up to when Kirk was born remains the same in both unis, so that would mean that Khan would be floating around aboard the Botany Bay, somewhere in space, waiting to get thawed out. I find it hard to imagine that if Khan were the bad guy, the story would be that different from Space Seed.
      That episode could easily be made into a very entertaining movie. And of course, a few odd twists could be thrown in for good measure. You know, to show this is an altered timeline.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I would love to see a storyline involving the resurrection of Kirk, the William Shatner one(Borg, maybe?!). Of course that would mean more space continuum traveling dimension crazy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          I would love to see a storyline involving the resurrection of Kirk, the William Shatner one(Borg, maybe?!). Of course that would mean more space continuum traveling dimension crazy stuff.
          Maybe save that for the third movie.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            Maybe save that for the third movie.
            I suppose so....

Comment

I agree, they should tread lightly with Khan, but I suspect Red Hearing.

Comment

No!

Sorry, but they've rebooted Trek here. If they are going to continue down this path, which by all accounts we are, then we don't need to see anyone we already know. No Shatner, no Nimoy, none of them. Shatner and his cast should be left alone now. They've had their spotlight, now leave it be.

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                I agree, they should tread lightly with Khan, but I suspect Red Hearing.
                Maybe Khan could be a Klingon Augment?
                sigpic
                It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                  No!

Sorry, but they've rebooted Trek here. If they are going to continue down this path, which by all accounts we are, then we don't need to see anyone we already know. No Shatner, no Nimoy, none of them. Shatner and his cast should be left alone now. They've had their spotlight, now leave it be.

Maybe Khan could be a Klingon Augment?
                  *facepalm*
                  No I think that would be a bad idea too.

Really though in the end the producers need to be very delicate here, what was so great about Nero and the changes to the first time line was it allowed them to tell a prequel, without telling a prequel. And giving us something new to chew on, a completly good movie to boot.
                  There will be a lot of people not satisfied by 'what ifs'. And the situation between Space Seed and now has completly changed with the ship being bigger, more powerful, and more manned. Though then that could create a fully new plot

Comment

To be honest, if they really are stuck for a new story, why not continue down the road they are already on? We know that the Klingon's were attacked by the Narada, Nero destroyed a fleet of 47 Warbirds. I've no doubt the Klingon Empire would know that the ship responsible was Romulan, and I'm pretty sure they'd be furious.

I can't see a Romulan / Human ambassador trying to explain the time paradox thing to the Klingon High Council somehow, and even if they did, there is little chance of the Klingon's believing it. A new movie could involve an all out war between the Klingon and Romulan Empire, where the Federation gets drawn into it somehow, and must (under diplomatic rule) try to put a stop to the conflict.

Not only would we get to see some nice battle scenes, but we'd also have a chance to see how the new crew would go about their buisness at trying to stop a war. They could end the movie with the Klingon and Romulan people simply having been left in a state of 'cold war'.

I really do think though, that they should leave the old storylines alone. If they'd go and do Khan, they'd need to do Voyager, and the Whale Probe too. Those two 'entities' are almost a fixed phenomenon, and are no doubt going to occur if Khan is.

They've got the chance to rewrite Trek, they should take it with a pinch of salt though, and stay away from existing plots.
                    sigpic
                    It's Probin' Time!

Comment

To be honest, if they really are stuck for a new story, why not continue down the road they are already on? We know that the Klingon's were attacked by the Narada, Nero destroyed a fleet of 47 Warbirds. I've no doubt the Klingon Empire would know that the ship responsible was Romulan, and I'm pretty sure they'd be furious.

I can't see a Romulan / Human ambassador trying to explain the time paradox thing to the Klingon High Council somehow, and even if they did, there is little chance of the Klingon's believing it. A new movie could involve an all out war between the Klingon and Romulan Empire, where the Federation gets drawn into it somehow, and must (under diplomatic rule) try to put a stop to the conflict.

Not only would we get to see some nice battle scenes, but we'd also have a chance to see how the new crew would go about their buisness at trying to stop a war. They could end the movie with the Klingon and Romulan people simply having been left in a state of 'cold war'.

I really do think though, that they should leave the old storylines alone. If they'd go and do Khan, they'd need to do Voyager, and the Whale Probe too. Those two 'entities' are almost a fixed phenomenon, and are no doubt going to occur if Khan is.

They've got the chance to rewrite Trek, they should take it with a pinch of salt though, and stay away from existing plots.
                      Some of it is just so tempting though.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

A Klingon-Romulan war would be alot of fun. But I really want classic space exploration! Oh, but its a movie....nevermind.

Comment

A Klingon-Romulan war would be alot of fun. But I really want classic space exploration! Oh, but its a movie....nevermind.
                          Yep, its a movie. Sadly Sci Fi on TV seems to be almost a dying breed, because for a good quality pay off on what your story brings you have to wait, and wait, and continue waiting for the plots to start resolving themselves, and there to be a pay off for your loyalty. That is something that many people just cannot handle, even those of us who are sci fi fans.
                          In movies you generally have to set out and resolve a plot in a much more confined period of time, plus you get a bigger budget to work with. Sci Fi movies just look more spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                            Yep, its a movie. Sadly Sci Fi on TV seems to be almost a dying breed, because for a good quality pay off on what your story brings you have to wait, and wait, and continue waiting for the plots to start resolving themselves, and there to be a pay off for your loyalty. That is something that many people just cannot handle, even those of us who are sci fi fans.
                            In movies you generally have to set out and resolve a plot in a much more confined period of time, plus you get a bigger budget to work with. Sci Fi movies just look more spectacular.
                            That is a shame, isn't it? After all, good things come to those who wait.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              That is a shame, isn't it? After all, good things come to those who wait.
                              Well yeah but entertainment is not supposed to be 'real'. It is supposed to entertain, and that is a very personal thing. If you do not like something then you cannot be forced to like it. Good things come to those who wait, yes, but if that is not your taste for entertainment...then you can go something that delievers immediate satisfaction.

Comment

Please no. He's a little too "fluffy" to be a borg...and I think he's a tad to old for it as well.

Interesting...I like it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X