No announcement yet.

Breach (307)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on a side note: i'm very much enjoying seeing new sanctuary fans posting here! i hope more ppl participate (so i have more to enjoy reading ).
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
      LMAO yea She knows how to take care of herself of course.

HAHA yea I loved when she said that too
      And Yes she deserves billions of claps *claps claps claps*
      The part with the chain was really really HAWT!!

I'm going to watch this episode again. I know I missed some stuff cause I was enraptured with the awesomeness that was Helen Magnus kicking ass!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
        Who else found it a little creepy when Helen kept looking out the windows? I don't know why, but I just found those moments a little scary because they were so quiet and really made me feel like she was alone.
        I found the whole environment she was in was creepy - Riverview wasn't it? Yep - creepy.
        Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        it brings up some questions, who ordered helen to kill adam, how has adam survived this long (although i think the time dilation bubble he encased the building in answers that), who's in the city and are they still alive and operating or did adam stumble upon some old/dying/dead stuff. Does he really want info about the hidden city, or is his job to keep info about it secret?
        I asked myself the same questions - I'm thinking it was either a direct order form the heads of the Sanctuary network or Gregory ordered Helen to do the job....that's my guess at this stage.
        Originally posted by JanSam View Post
        Did anyone get what the deal was with the liquid Helen and Adam were putting on their clothes and why? Oh and did Adam avoid the water because it would wash off the liquid? Umm...what was the liquid?
        I thought it might have been an oil based liquid that might have acted as an insulator for when they jumped into subspace. Just my guess.
        Originally posted by Carterfan View Post
        Just wanted to pop in and say how much I enjoyed this episode. There's much to take away from this episode, I'm going to have to think about it more. But from a non content perspective, for me, watching some of my favorite actors get challenging material to work with is really satisfying, especially when they can pull it off, like Amanda did in this episode. That martial arts stuff with the staff/rebar and fighting with a chain can't be easy to learn in a hurry!
        Yeah that thought did occur to me...Amanda must have done some serious training for this ep...I'd love to learn some of those moves...purely for fun.
        Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
        I cannot express how much I love this episode. Absolutely CRAMAZING (crazy+amazing)!!! The acting was fabulous. The fighting was awesome. Just some of my other thoughts:
        --Is Adam supposed to be an abnormal? Because I haven't noticed anything that makes him an abnormal yet. He has a dual personality, but that doesn't make him an abnormal. He seems to be incredibly smart and obviously knows Helen and her gang from 100 years ago, but Helen was surprised that he looked the way he did in this age, so it doesn't sound like he ages incredibly slowly like her.
        --Adam's line, "I miss you" really made me stop and wonder what exactly their relationship had been. Was he in love with Helen? Were they an item at some point? Even though it would have been an interesting pairing, I'd hate to think that Helen only hooks up with bad boys! And I mean REALLY bad boys!
        --Interesting how Adam knows most of The Five (the only one he didn't mention by name was Griffin) and how funny that he said he liked Tesla because you knew where you stood with him. I can't wait to see the interaction between Nikola and Adam.
        --Adam's first line to Helen: "Helen, you look beautiful." When Tesla was first introduced, the end of his note said, "P.S. You look hot." When Watson first appears, he tells Helen she has changed a bit - referring to London in the Spring of 1888. Bottom line: HELEN IS GORGEOUS!!!
        --Supposedly Adam has been in the holo city - has he been there all this time? When exactly did he get kicked out? How would he have heard about Ashley dying?
        --Loved seeing the flashback. I want more of those! And doesn't anyone else want to see when/how Helen learned all the fighting skills she has?!?!
        Loved the flashback...want more!!
        And yes, Helen is gorgeous - as is the woman who plays her.
        I reckon he heard about Ashley through the grapevine - he would have had to search for Helen to find her to trap her so he may have heard about Ashley through his search...or maybe Gregory told him.
        Originally posted by kes View Post
        He's been around. He says : "Heeeeeeere's Johnny!" - The Shining reference
        I was thinking more along the Johnny Carson show...but The Shining works too.
        Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        and, for all we know, helen and adam beat each other up for hours while it was all of 2 minutes outside.
        I bet that the cut on her hand becomes significant. maybe her first sign that she's not well, it doesn't heal. it was made too much of a big deal/obvious plot point for it to be nothing.
        I got the feeling that the time dilation bubble only surrounded the grounds which they were on...so Will & Kate were affected but the rest of the city may not have been...but I don't think the whole event took more than a few hours so no need for those at the Sanctuary to worry too soon.
        I like your theory about the cut on her hand...I can see that happening.
        Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        * amanda is awesome. yes, i've said it.
        * bye.
        I would have been disappointed if you had not said it Sally - to true!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Really, really amazing episode. I was so looking forward to this one and was worried it wasn't going to live up to my expectations, but it surpased them. This show does whole episodes with just drama between 2 characters really well, and has since Requiem.

Adam/Jekyll/Hyde whatever was a great bad guy and I hope we see more of him, he has some interesting links back to the 5 and Hollow Earth and Gregory that I hope they explore. Ian Tracy was so convincing with the switching between characters.

Wow can Amanda bring it. Not that that is new of course, but this episode really showed off her abilities on all fronts with the drama, physical fighting and slight touches of humor, "that book was written in 3 days whilst high on cocaine!" Nice shoutout without it being too OTT. And she seemed to do most of the stunts herself which makes it even cooler. She obviously uses a lot of the things she learned as Sam, especially technobable and how to handle weapons and physical s scenes, but the characters are as different as night and day in most respects.

God this season has raised the bar so much it is unbelievable. It's a shame that this will probably be a low rated ep due to the holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
            The part with the chain was really really HAWT!!

I'm going to watch this episode again. I know I missed some stuff cause I was enraptured with the awesomeness that was Helen Magnus kicking ass!!!

I love that martial arts stuff too. BTW, I love that you are an Ares lover. Kevin Smith was the hottest guy on the planet, any planet. I loved all that ass kicking on Xena. The wierd thing is, my Mum for some reason, keeps mistaking Amanda with her long dark hair for Lucy Lawless. I think its the ass kicking and the lethal legs. Sam/Helen has some lethal kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Calluna View Post
              Adam/Jekyll/Hyde whatever was a great bad guy and I hope we see more of him, he has some interesting links back to the 5 and Hollow Earth and Gregory that I hope they explore. Ian Tracy was so convincing with the switching between characters.
              I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Ian Tracy was going to be in 2-3 episodes of Sanctuary, so we'll be seeing him again. After all, he survived in "Breach", and will likely be a "guest" at the Sanctuary while he heals, and who knows how much longer after that. Love to see him and Tesla together.

Originally posted by Skydiver
              and, for all we know, helen and adam beat each other up for hours while it was all of 2 minutes outside.
              It was my impression that time had all but stopped. Mostly because when Helen was looking thru that broken glass in a window, she saw a leaf suspended in the air. And again when she rubbed dirt off another window, she saw a bird suspended in midflight. Plus, there was the bullet in the window at the entrance. All suggesting time had either stopped or slowed down to less than a crawl.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Ian Tracy was going to be in 2-3 episodes of Sanctuary, so we'll be seeing him again. After all, he survived in "Breach", and will likely be a "guest" at the Sanctuary while he heals, and who knows how much longer after that. Love to see him and Tesla together.
                I had hoped, but I hadn't read any particular spoilers, so "yay!" He and Tesla would hopefully be fabulous together, especially with the Holo-city playing a staring role. And Ian Tracey is certainly charismatic enough to go toe to toe with Druitt and Watson should he be in any more flashbacks.

It was my impression that time had all but stopped. Mostly because when Helen was looking thru that broken glass in a window, she saw a leaf suspended in the air. And again when she rubbed dirt off another window, she saw a bird suspended in midflight. Plus, there was the bullet in the window at the entrance. All suggesting time had either stopped or slowed down to less than a crawl.
                I agree, time was at a crawl or less from everything we saw. I'm glad of that because it means we neither have to watch a probably annoying subplot about Will and Kate's search, nor have to wonder why they aren't concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Carterfan View Post

I love that martial arts stuff too. BTW, I love that you are an Ares lover. Kevin Smith was the hottest guy on the planet, any planet. I loved all that ass kicking on Xena. The wierd thing is, my Mum for some reason, keeps mistaking Amanda with her long dark hair for Lucy Lawless. I think its the ass kicking and the lethal legs. Sam/Helen has some lethal kicks.

Yeah, that's me!! I can see how the dark brown hair would be an instant mental connection to Xena, (Lucy Lawless another hawt lady who played opposite a very dark and dangerous and hawt Kevin smith as Ares) But yes the ass kicking that Xena dole out to Ares does make you think of this episode. I mean DAMN! helen was amazing! Even when she was talking to Sane Adam she was calculating ways to get to Hyde, ways to hurt him, ways to outsmart him. Can't say this enough.... AT(Magnus) Was just awesome for this episode.

Helen's martial arts was just awesome! though i loved when she was giving Adam a thrashing with the hammer she had scrounged up. I mean she was going to town on him before he took it away. Magnus is just plain awesome!

This was just one of the more fantastic episodes! there have been many but this one will just stick out the most!!
                  sigpic

Comment

I liked the episode. In one way it was largely a set up for future episodes, but I didn't mind b/c I got very involved in the episode. Despite the fact that in a way it was one fight sequence after another. As usual, I thought AT did a great job. Even though it was action-y, I thought AT also conveyed Magnus' thoughts & feelings--You really saw the transition from curious to under attack (and losing) to taking the offensive.

And I thought the lack of a B story was good in this case. I think a B story would have taken away some intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Calluna View Post
                      I had hoped, but I hadn't read any particular spoilers, so "yay!" He and Tesla would hopefully be fabulous together, especially with the Holo-city playing a staring role. And Ian Tracey is certainly charismatic enough to go toe to toe with Druitt and Watson should he be in any more flashbacks.
                      If I'm remembering correctly, I read the bit about Ian Tracy in an interview with Amanda. She was talking about how good he was and how he was going to be a guest in a few episodes. I don't remember now which interview it was.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        If I'm remembering correctly, I read the bit about Ian Tracy in an interview with Amanda. She was talking about how good he was and how he was going to be a guest in a few episodes. I don't remember now which interview it was.
                        Kewl!! we get to see more of the man who inspired Jekyll and Hyde.
                        sigpic

Comment

This was probably the most intense episode I have seen on Sanctuary so far. Amanda played it to the hilt and was fantastic. I'm glad there wasn't a "B" story because it would have lessened the tension for the main story.
                          I will have to watch it again because I did miss some of the dialog (or so it seems after reading all the comments). I know that some of the story will be explained in future episodes...so I guess we will have to just wait!
                          I can sure see how Amanda said it took 3 months until her neck totally healed after being thrown against the wall. There was fantastic action in this episode. I don't remember Sam ever going through anything like this. There were small things but fight was about 1/2 the episode.
                          All I can say it top acting by Amanda and Ian, top writing by Damian and top directing by Martin. They all deserve nominations for this episode. Really "HOT" episode. Thank you to all of them!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            I can sure see how Amanda said it took 3 months until her neck totally healed after being thrown against the wall.
                            was that the scene where helen came running around the corner, but adam grabbed her and threw her and she slid into the wall? or, where he grabbed her and pushed her into the wall, getting into her face?
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              was that the scene where helen came running around the corner, but adam grabbed her and threw her and she slid into the wall? or, where he grabbed her and pushed her into the wall, getting into her face?
                              Probably that one and the other one where he threw her over a bench/short wall.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                Probably that one and the other one where he threw her over a bench/short wall.
                                gawd, this ep was a whump lovers dream!

i wonder just how many of those stunts were amanda?
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X