Breach (307)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    When they said they raised the bar this season...boy did they ever! This episode was truly amazing. Damian really out did himself with the writing of this one; from Helen saying "Stop hitting me" during the intense fighting scene, to the scenes with Helen and Adam discussing things.

Kudos to Amanda and Ian, those two were amazing in how they pulled off the fighting scenes! I'm sure my expression during this episode was And having Helen asking for forgiveness, was truly poignant, at first she was using it as a diversion, but then when she really meant it, was a very heart felt.

I've always known Ian Tracey was a good actor, seeing him in Divinci's Inquest, but this episode just lets his talent shine along side Amanda's. Those two made this episode what it was...Amazing, and I look forward to seeing more of them in future episodes.
    The episode exceeded my expectations, I was hoping that there would be more Helen fighting than whumping, but I think it was about even. Again, the "Stop hitting me" line was what I was thinking too, and I still can't believe Adam called her those names.

I think Helen asking for forgiveness was nice, and I could see she was sorry for what happened, and I was kinda hoping she would have left him there to go up with the building, but that's not Helen's way. Awesome episode, and I hope it gets some good recognition.

Comment

All right, I have just seen this episode and I will try to give you my opinion:
      I had one really big problem with this episode - It ended after 45 minutes

Other than that: I liked Ian Tracy a lot and I was totally impressed by his acting skills. His "moodswings" were great and convincing, how he goes from "hope to see you again " to *** without a breath was just stunnig.

I have always loved Amandas acting but this time she outdid herself. She was really amazing. I don't know if there even are words to discribe my respect for her. And Chelle DB you are right: Amanda has to win a Gemini or Leo for this episode.

The end was disappointing. She is sitting ther and says they have a big problem and now I have to wait for another week

My opinion in one sentence: loved it, need more really soon
      sigpic

Comment

You know, i"m torn.

As an arc episode, I think this was pivotal. It sets up the mid season finale and supports the whole hidden city/hollow earth plot. and I'd also read a certain spoiler about some long term ramifications from adam and his devices

plot spoiler
        Spoiler:
        I read a spoiler about it being some sort of radiation poisoning

In a lot of ways this was requiem or next tuesday, just without will.

it brings up some questions, who ordered helen to kill adam, how has adam survived this long (although i think the time dilation bubble he encased the building in answers that), who's in the city and are they still alive and operating or did adam stumble upon some old/dying/dead stuff. Does he really want info about the hidden city, or is his job to keep info about it secret?

beyond that....as cool as the continual fighting was, all it really did was fill up the hour and illustrate to us just how bad jeckyll and hyde were and how nuts they are and how violent they can be. It's almost like the fight was extended to last for 40ish minutes, and it could have been condensed had there been a need.

I think the story does volumes to show that Helen isn't just standing back waiting for others to do the dirty work for her, but I also think it was stretched out to last the whole episode simply because they had the whole episode to fill.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          You know, i"m torn.

As an arc episode, I think this was pivotal. It sets up the mid season finale and supports the whole hidden city/hollow earth plot. and I'd also read a certain spoiler about some long term ramifications from adam and his devices
          This is why I really enjoyed this episode. We are introduced to a new villain, get some of Helen's back story, and it links the story arc to past episodes.

Hmm...I didn't see this like the other two mostly because it wasn't a stand alone but actually furthered the story arc. It wasn't just Helen whump and fighting as we got tidbits of information mixed in.

it brings up some questions, who ordered helen to kill adam, how has adam survived this long (although i think the time dilation bubble he encased the building in answers that), who's in the city and are they still alive and operating or did adam stumble upon some old/dying/dead stuff. Does he really want info about the hidden city, or is his job to keep info about it secret?
          I took it the residents of the city are still alive because of his comments to Helen:
          "Did you think it was miracle earthquake because you are such a nice person?" (not a direct quote)
          and his other comment which I think he said he was thrown out of the city by the inhabitants (I don't think he said why). Sounded to me like he wanted info on how to get back into the city. My question is why does he want back in? Is he after more of their technology and just why did Gregory felt he had to go to such lengths to warn Helen about Adam (just what is he up to??)?

beyond that....as cool as the continual fighting was, all it really did was fill up the hour and illustrate to us just how bad jeckyll and hyde were and how nuts they are and how violent they can be. It's almost like the fight was extended to last for 40ish minutes, and it could have been condensed had there been a need.

I think the story does volumes to show that Helen isn't just standing back waiting for others to do the dirty work for her, but I also think it was stretched out to last the whole episode simply because they had the whole episode to fill.
          Yeah I think they were trying to show just how nuts he is and perhaps give us a clue of why Helen was ordered to kill him. I'm sure we'll have more back story coming about this .

Did anyone get what the deal was with the liquid Helen and Adam were putting on their clothes and why? Oh and did Adam avoid the water because it would wash off the liquid? Umm...what was the liquid?
          sigpic

Comment

You know, i"m torn.

plot spoiler
            Spoiler:

I wonder if the city is not the place where abnormals go when they die and are resurrected. This could be a way to bring Ashley back next season if TPTB want to

Comment

This episode was just bad. The worst of S3. It got dull having the whole episode of just having Helen running from a person who wanted to kill her. I thought it would get better when we discovered the identity of the killer but it was more the less the same of Helen running from her killer until she outsmarted her. This episode could have benefited from a B story but since it didn't the episode was just boring
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

i thought that fluid was some sort of combustible. It looked like she was making molitov cocktails.

but i wonder...helen set up all the 'traps', but then didn't use any of them.

sigpic

Comment

You know, i"m torn.

1. As an arc episode, I think this was pivotal. It sets up the mid season finale and supports the whole hidden city/hollow earth plot. and I'd also read a certain spoiler about some long term ramifications from adam and his devices

plot spoiler
                  Spoiler:

2. In a lot of ways this was requiem or next tuesday, just without will.

3. it brings up some questions, who ordered helen to kill adam, how has adam survived this long (although i think the time dilation bubble he encased the building in answers that), who's in the city and are they still alive and operating or did adam stumble upon some old/dying/dead stuff. Does he really want info about the hidden city, or is his job to keep info about it secret?

4. beyond that....as cool as the continual fighting was, all it really did was fill up the hour and illustrate to us just how bad jeckyll and hyde were and how nuts they are and how violent they can be. It's almost like the fight was extended to last for 40ish minutes, and it could have been condensed had there been a need.

1. Agreed. They had to set up something major in a major way.

2. Maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much. *ducks*

3. How do we know Helen was ordered to kill Adam. Knowing Helen, she decided on her own that this was the safest/only thing to be done and took it upon herself to get it done.

4. I actually liked that there was no B story. The fighting and spooky/weirdness of the whole thing was really awesome to me, but also because it was peppered with dialogue (as well as the flashback) that gave us clues as to Adam's relationship with Helen and the rest of the Five. Were they originally the Six, but he went terribly wrong? Was there something else? It seemed as though he had been in love with Helen in the past (weren't they all? ) and his mention of his daughter really intrigued me.
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

i thought that fluid was some sort of combustible. It looked like she was making molitov cocktails.

That's what I thought at first, but then on second viewing, Adam had been rubbing some fluid on his new bandages, and then Magnus was rubbing it all over her clothes. Maybe she was copying him as some sort of safeguard? It was clear that she was planning on tackling him and forcing him to push her through the vortex-thingy.
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Just wanted to pop in and say how much I enjoyed this episode. There's much to take away from this episode, I'm going to have to think about it more. But from a non content perspective, for me, watching some of my favorite actors get challenging material to work with is really satisfying, especially when they can pull it off, like Amanda did in this episode. That martial arts stuff with the staff/rebar and fighting with a chain can't be easy to learn in a hurry!

I really do love the physicality of this episode. Its the kind of stuff I always wished the sg1 PTB would let Sam do more of, because I could see the potential in the small glimpses of hand to hand combat sparcely splattered here and there. So this really makes up for it.

Ms Amanda, you're awesome! Your characters always whump up so well! and always convincingly so.

And can I say, Ian Tracey, I hope to see more of you. You were awesome too, sir! Such an engaging character. Sanctuary Casting, you sure sure know where to find these awesome actors. I'm really enjoying seeing AT acting opposite the likes of Tracey, Young, Wingfield and of course the great CH.

What can I say, I just love the fighting, especially hand to hand type! Now I want to see Magnus and Druitt do some good old Victorian fencing. With rapiers. Just kidding, better make it foils.

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.

Comment

I absolutely loved this episode! It was creepy, intriguing and fun all in one. So far, the best episode of this season. Sanctuary just isn't Sanctuary if Damian Kindler hasn't written the episode. Aside from the theme music (which I still don't like & wish they'd go back to the original), the other change I've disliked the most this season has been the other writers they're brought it. I really hope that in the future only Damian and the other people who wrote for seasons 1 & 2 (don't know who they are, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't just Damian) write Sanctuary episodes.

Out of all of this season so far, this episode made me miss Ashley the most. Watching Helen fight reminded me of Ashley and made me wonder if she taught her daughter how to fight. Also, imagine if this episode had had Helen & Ashley together, fighting and trying to figure out what was going one.

The only other Helen only episode we've had was Pavor Nocturnas, and I think that Breach equals or exceeds Pavor.

Comment

I don't think she was making molitov cocktails because she was saturating the veil in the liquid before she applied it to her clothes. I thought she did use one of her traps; she purposely broke that water pipe above where they came out before she left for the roof. I just don't get what effect the water and the liquid had on the device.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                          1. Agreed. They had to set up something major in a major way.

2. Maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much. *ducks*
                          LOL

3. How do we know Helen was ordered to kill Adam. Knowing Helen, she decided on her own that this was the safest/only thing to be done and took it upon herself to get it done.
                          True, I'm not sure if it was something he said that gave me that impression. [will have to rewatch ]

4. I actually liked that there was no B story. The fighting and spooky/weirdness of the whole thing was really awesome to me, but also because it was peppered with dialogue (as well as the flashback) that gave us clues as to Adam's relationship with Helen and the rest of the Five. Were they originally the Six, but he went terribly wrong? Was there something else? It seemed as though he had been in love with Helen in the past (weren't they all? ) and his mention of his daughter really intrigued me.
                          Oh yes me too!! Can't wait to hear more on all this.
                          sigpic

Comment

It was definitely something that protected from the rifts. What exactly not sure

She was leaving weapons at all the possible locations where Adam can show up cause she didn't know where she might end up, but she only needed to use one in the end, the pointy pipe one.
                            sigpic

Comment

the water seemed to blind adam

He looked at her through the sprinklers and couldn't see her

maybe she was just soaking her clothes and the veil with water to protect them?

sigpic

Comment

the water seemed to blind adam

He looked at her through the sprinklers and couldn't see her

maybe she was just soaking her clothes and the veil with water to protect them?
                                She wrapped herself up quite well, including having gloves on her hands; and then pulled the veil over her face and the hood over her head. I thought maybe it was so that she would be protected when she went through the "window/portal" with him, since she noticed that he was injured (burned?) on a bare spot on his arm when he went through at one point. (My, that sounded muddled.)

Comment

Working...
                                X