Breach (307)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Mother of Bottle Episodes!

Best ep yet for me. It had action, mystery, background info, some questions were answered, more questions were asked, and it still brought the main story forward. Both Amanda and Ian were amazing (it really was refreshing to see a two people ep and not have those two people always be Helen with Will), the choreography in the fight was really well done (chains, pipes... I have a whole new appreciation for Amanda now), and I think I prefer Adam to Tesla now (same level of snark but so much better).
    I could definitely get used to this "lets whump Helen" deal
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
      I think I prefer Adam to Tesla now (same level of snark but so much better).
      plus he has the Hyde Factor.... which is kewl! And Awesome!!!

Loved when Helen said, "It was a book written in three days, high on cocaine."

lol!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
        plus he has the Hyde Factor.... which is kewl! And Awesome!!!

Loved when Helen said, "It was a book written in three days, high on cocaine."

lol!!
        Oh yeah, that was a good one! And there were so many more cool little scenes in this ep. Like Adam taking a bow and Helen kicking him in the face. Or the "Hologram for Helen Magnus! Oh, I'm Helen Magnus! Sign here please!" monologue.

I seriously love the MAD team
        sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, that was a good one! And there were so many more cool little scenes in this ep. Like Adam taking a bow and Helen kicking him in the face. Or the "Hologram for Helen Magnus! Oh, I'm Helen Magnus! Sign here please!" monologue.

I seriously love the MAD team
          I loved her kicking him in the face.. or her giving him a beat down with the hammer she had scrounged up. I was "Damn!" Wow!! This was just one episode that will stick with you!
          sigpic

Comment

Wow.
            Sanctuary has the best bad guys.

Awesome ep!
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

two words!

Ian Tracy..... *luff*......
              sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

OMG! Sanctuary Team - take a bow. Holy moses!! So much violence and I still even managed to chuckle a bit throughout. Well that just blew me away. And whoa - what a freakin ending - "Oh we're in trouble"...ya think!!!
                Heard how it was gonna be a huge kick butt ep but ouch - I was kinda surprised Helen was walking after the beating she took.
                Ian Tracy is wicked. Yep...best word I can think of to describe Ian's performance...is wicked!
                But Amanda IMHO was...is the bees knees. I don't think there's anything that woman can't do. She just rocked...totally and utterly rocked.
                It must have been awesome filming this ep...I really hope there's going to be something special on the dvd's when they come out.
                So here we go again - a new story arc that's gonna rock our socks off. So the city and the white beastie dudes and Gregory Magnus all tie into it...and now this Jekyl & Hyde dude.
                Loved Will's Mafia impersonation...lol'd at that a wee bit.
                Will: "Katie".
                Helen: "There's always a mystery"...I loved this little bit of fun between the three.
                When those crates fell, the look on Helen's face was cool...almost like it spooked her and Amanda as well....coz it kinda spooked me.
                I could almost hear Stewie from Family Guy when Adam was talking to Helen about the keystones in the city - so yeah, kinda had to laugh a bit at that point.
                Loved watching Helen "MacGyver" a baton - very cool.
                Hope we learn more about Adam's daughter and what happened to her.
                Do you think maybe they have to travel to that canyon where Adam, fell into when Helen shot him all those years ago, to find the city...and perhaps Gregory too?
                I wonder who "they" are that he talks about.
                Brilliant brilliant episode - Amanda has just got to win a Gemini or Leo for this...too damn awesome.
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

A very good episode. Ian Tracey was excellent as Jeckyll & Hyde. Hope we get to see more of the backstory leading up to her shooting him 100 yrs ago. Lots of interesting fight scenes and good dialogue. Enjoyed hyde's comment on preferring Tesla over Druitt. The only quibble i would have is with the ending which seemed a bit rushed.

Comment

I'm going to jump on board with the love for this episode.

For all the reasons stated above.

Helen Whump = love. Because she gives as good as she gets.

Helen & makeshift weapons? Whoa. Especially that chain. That was HAWT.

Directing: Go Martin. I LOVED that the colors were normal in the beginning and end, but that washed out green when time was stalled. Of course, I didn't realize that was the point until the end, but definitely totally cool.

Rewatching now. This is right up there with Requiem for me.
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

This episode was just as excellent as Animus! My jaw was in my lap the whole entire time. Not to mention I'm still quite speechless over the ep. Now I can't wait to see what happens...
                      sigpic
                      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Adam just said something like: "You could have saved her. You could have saved my daughter. Instead you left us with nothing." Before taunting her about Ashley. Anyone who is more familiar with the Jeckyl & Hyde story who can shed light on that? It's been YEARS since I've read it.
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I didn't really like this episode. *shrugs*
                          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I loved it, mostly because I loved seeing Magnus get whumped. He really smacked her about, but then she was totally cool hitting him the the pipe and swining that chain around.

Comment

When they said they raised the bar this season...boy did they ever! This episode was truly amazing. Damian really out did himself with the writing of this one; from Helen saying "Stop hitting me" during the intense fighting scene, to the scenes with Helen and Adam discussing things.

Kudos to Amanda and Ian, those two were amazing in how they pulled off the fighting scenes! I'm sure my expression during this episode was And having Helen asking for forgiveness, was truly poignant, at first she was using it as a diversion, but then when she really meant it, was a very heart felt.

I've always known Ian Tracey was a good actor, seeing him in Divinci's Inquest, but this episode just lets his talent shine along side Amanda's. Those two made this episode what it was...Amazing, and I look forward to seeing more of them in future episodes.
                              Last edited by Mandysg1; 27 November 2010, 07:00 AM.
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                                I loved when she kicked in the face and said, "Stop hitting me!"

I loved that!!

Plus this was just brilliant and Amanda's part. She was fantastic. And being beaten up all day does tend to irritate and gets a little painful! Prop to AT for bearing this episode out!! She was AMAZING!!
                                That's what I was thinking too. I was nervous each time Helen got hit, which I think she got hit more in this one episode than Sam ever did on Stargate. But yeah, Amanda did an amazing job.

Holy Mother of Bottle Episodes!

Best ep yet for me. It had action, mystery, background info, some questions were answered, more questions were asked, and it still brought the main story forward. Both Amanda and Ian were amazing (it really was refreshing to see a two people ep and not have those two people always be Helen with Will), the choreography in the fight was really well done (chains, pipes... I have a whole new appreciation for Amanda now), and I think I prefer Adam to Tesla now (same level of snark but so much better).
                                I could definitely get used to this "lets whump Helen" deal
                                Well said, Jas. It had some of the best action in a while, and still gave some good story into their backgrounds. I can imagine how long it took those fights sequences to do, but I'm so proud of Amanda doing most of her own stunts. I'm actually eager to her the podcast for this.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                OMG! Sanctuary Team - take a bow. Holy moses!! So much violence and I still even managed to chuckle a bit throughout. Well that just blew me away. And whoa - what a freakin ending - "Oh we're in trouble"...ya think!!!
                                Heard how it was gonna be a huge kick butt ep but ouch - I was kinda surprised Helen was walking after the beating she took.
                                Ian Tracy is wicked. Yep...best word I can think of to describe Ian's performance...is wicked!
                                But Amanda IMHO was...is the bees knees. I don't think there's anything that woman can't do. She just rocked...totally and utterly rocked.
                                It must have been awesome filming this ep...I really hope there's going to be something special on the dvd's when they come out.
                                So here we go again - a new story arc that's gonna rock our socks off. So the city and the white beastie dudes and Gregory Magnus all tie into it...and now this Jekyl & Hyde dude.
                                Loved Will's Mafia impersonation...lol'd at that a wee bit.
                                Will: "Katie".
                                Helen: "There's always a mystery"...I loved this little bit of fun between the three.
                                When those crates fell, the look on Helen's face was cool...almost like it spooked her and Amanda as well....coz it kinda spooked me.
                                I could almost hear Stewie from Family Guy when Adam was talking to Helen about the keystones in the city - so yeah, kinda had to laugh a bit at that point.
                                Loved watching Helen "MacGyver" a baton - very cool.
                                Hope we learn more about Adam's daughter and what happened to her.
                                Do you think maybe they have to travel to that canyon where Adam, fell into when Helen shot him all those years ago, to find the city...and perhaps Gregory too?
                                I wonder who "they" are that he talks about.
                                Brilliant brilliant episode - Amanda has just got to win a Gemini or Leo for this...too damn awesome.
                                Very nicely said, Chelle. Hehe, now that I think about it, I guess his voice did kinda sound like Stewie. I loved Helen putting her skills to the test both physically and mentally to survive, and I can bet she was scared at times, being all alone, but I think she proved a lot in this episode, mostly of how smart she is, and that she can give as much as she can take. I still hope we don't see a whump like that for a while though.

Oh, and I definitely agree, Amanda needs to get a Leo or Gemini nom, or both.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                                I'm going to jump on board with the love for this episode.

For all the reasons stated above.

Helen Whump = love. Because she gives as good as she gets.

Helen & makeshift weapons? Whoa. Especially that chain. That was HAWT.

Directing: Go Martin. I LOVED that the colors were normal in the beginning and end, but that washed out green when time was stalled. Of course, I didn't realize that was the point until the end, but definitely totally cool.

Rewatching now. This is right up there with Requiem for me.
                                Nice. I loved that this episode made me nervous and excited at the same time, I knew things were going to start happening once that door shut on Helen, and when she couldn't get out, but the will fear didn't start until the whumping started.

Who else found it a little creepy when Helen kept looking out the windows? I don't know why, but I just found those moments a little scary because they were so quiet and really made me feel like she was alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X