X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    the water seemed to blind adam

He looked at her through the sprinklers and couldn't see her

maybe she was just soaking her clothes and the veil with water to protect them?

Whatever that fluid was, it appeared to be significantly more viscous than water. My IRL guess? Karo syrup.
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

i thought that fluid was some sort of combustible. It looked like she was making molitov cocktails.

but i wonder...helen set up all the 'traps', but then didn't use any of them.
      Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
      It was definitely something that protected from the rifts. What exactly not sure

She was leaving weapons at all the possible locations where Adam can show up cause she didn't know where she might end up, but she only needed to use one in the end, the pointy pipe one.
      Those are good questions, Sky, and very good explanations, Jas.

the water seemed to blind adam

He looked at her through the sprinklers and couldn't see her

maybe she was just soaking her clothes and the veil with water to protect them?
      Maybe that's why she got her clothes wet, so he couldn't see her? Kinda like from Tremors 2, the Shriekers, they can only see something if it's warm or hot, if it's cold, it's invisible to them or they just ignore it. At one point in the movie, they used a fire extinguisher on one person to hide hm from the Shriekers, so I think that's what Helen had in mind with the water.

It's been a whole night, and I'm still in aw about it, especially the scenes when she looked out the windows, they just creeped me out.

Comment

well, if she was soaking the veil in it, it can't have been something combustible. the fumes woulda knocked her out or made her very ill. not to mention burning her eyes, etc.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          She wrapped herself up quite well, including having gloves on her hands; and then pulled the veil over her face and the hood over her head. I thought maybe it was so that she would be protected when she went through the "window/portal" with him, since she noticed that he was injured (burned?) on a bare spot on his arm when he went through at one point. (My, that sounded muddled.)
          Yeah, that's Helen for ya, always keeping her eyes open and looking for something she can use. At the beginning, before the credits, I wondered why she would cover her face before jumping him, I thought of why, but I had no idea, then when it came up again later in the episode, it made perfect sense, she needed to cover her skin so she wouldn't get burned.

well, if she was soaking the veil in it, it can't have been something combustible. the fumes woulda knocked her out or made her very ill. not to mention burning her eyes, etc.
          Originally, I thought she was soaking herself in that stuff was so she can somehow get some on him, and then when he'd go through the rift, he would light himself on fire or something. But yeah, I liked the end result, she won after all.

Comment

I need to watch this ep again. But I pretty much thought the reason why Adam couldn't see Magnus through the veil of water was because it disturbed the 'time manipulation', maybe it effects the light waves as it passes and distorts the time field or something to that effect.

Comment

[QUOTE=MidwifeOnBoard;12111963]1. Agreed. They had to set up something major in a major way.

2. Maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much. *ducks*

3. How do we know Helen was ordered to kill Adam. Knowing Helen, she decided on her own that this was the safest/only thing to be done and took it upon herself to get it done.

4. I actually liked that there was no B story. The fighting and spooky/weirdness of the whole thing was really awesome to me, but also because it was peppered with dialogue (as well as the flashback) that gave us clues as to Adam's relationship with Helen and the rest of the Five. Were they originally the Six, but he went terribly wrong? Was there something else? It seemed as though he had been in love with Helen in the past (weren't they all? ) and his mention of his daughter really intrigued me.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more. It would have been really awkard and jarring to cut away to another plot with this story line, and there was plenty to be told. I really liked the pacing, but I love cat and mouse games.

I'm inclined to think as you do that Helen saw the havoc Adam and co. was creating and took it upon herself to prevent him from doing any more damage. I guess we'll find out later. This episode, as sky points out, really sets up the rest of the season.

Comment

I have to say I enjoyed this episode. Quite unique. Can't wait to see how things progress with Adam
                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

I cannot express how much I love this episode. Absolutely CRAMAZING (crazy+amazing)!!! The acting was fabulous. The fighting was awesome. Just some of my other thoughts:
                  --Is Adam supposed to be an abnormal? Because I haven't noticed anything that makes him an abnormal yet. He has a dual personality, but that doesn't make him an abnormal. He seems to be incredibly smart and obviously knows Helen and her gang from 100 years ago, but Helen was surprised that he looked the way he did in this age, so it doesn't sound like he ages incredibly slowly like her.
                  --Adam's line, "I miss you" really made me stop and wonder what exactly their relationship had been. Was he in love with Helen? Were they an item at some point? Even though it would have been an interesting pairing, I'd hate to think that Helen only hooks up with bad boys! And I mean REALLY bad boys!
                  --Interesting how Adam knows most of The Five (the only one he didn't mention by name was Griffin) and how funny that he said he liked Tesla because you knew where you stood with him. I can't wait to see the interaction between Nikola and Adam.
                  --Adam's first line to Helen: "Helen, you look beautiful." When Tesla was first introduced, the end of his note said, "P.S. You look hot." When Watson first appears, he tells Helen she has changed a bit - referring to London in the Spring of 1888. Bottom line: HELEN IS GORGEOUS!!!
                  --Supposedly Adam has been in the holo city - has he been there all this time? When exactly did he get kicked out? How would he have heard about Ashley dying?
                  --Loved seeing the flashback. I want more of those! And doesn't anyone else want to see when/how Helen learned all the fighting skills she has?!?!
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I have the feeling that Adam (like Druitt) was a patient of Helen's in England. As far as I know, we've never found out just what field of medicine she was in, but I'm thinking part of it was psycotherapy.

It was interesting to hear the various multiple personalities of Adam. One of them even had a bit of an Irish or Scottish accent, as the accent seemed to change depending on which personality was speaking.

As a little side note, it seemed as though they were getting better with blending the green screen stuff with the scenes the actors were supposed to be in front of. But the scene where Adam was running along the edge of the cliff seemed really obvious (to me) that it was not real.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                      Helen & makeshift weapons? Whoa. Especially that chain. That was HAWT.
                      LMAO yea She knows how to take care of herself of course.

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                      I loved when she kicked in the face and said, "Stop hitting me!"

I loved that!!

Plus this was just brilliant and Amanda's part. She was fantastic. And being beaten up all day does tend to irritate and gets a little painful! Prop to AT for bearing this episode out!! She was AMAZING!!
                      HAHA yea I loved when she said that too
                      And Yes she deserves billions of claps *claps claps claps*

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                      She was leaving weapons at all the possible locations where Adam can show up cause she didn't know where she might end up, but she only needed to use one in the end, the pointy pipe one.
                      Oh great explanation!
                      sigpic
                      My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        I have the feeling that Adam (like Druitt) was a patient of Helen's in England. As far as I know, we've never found out just what field of medicine she was in, but I'm thinking part of it was psycotherapy.
                        In Victorian times there were no specialties in medicine, per se. There were physicians and there were surgeons, though physicians were trained in general surgery, surgeons were NOT physicians. How's that for confusion?

Anyhow, physicians were generalists and took care of people from birth through death for any and all conditions. Childbirth was still the purview of midwives unless you were extremely wealthy, generally speaking-- and still is in much of the world.
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                          This is why I really enjoyed this episode. We are introduced to a new villain, get some of Helen's back story, and it links the story arc to past episodes.

Hmm...I didn't see this like the other two mostly because it wasn't a stand alone but actually furthered the story arc. It wasn't just Helen whump and fighting as we got tidbits of information mixed in.

I took it the residents of the city are still alive because of his comments to Helen:
                          "Did you think it was miracle earthquake because you are such a nice person?" (not a direct quote)
                          and his other comment which I think he said he was thrown out of the city by the inhabitants (I don't think he said why). Sounded to me like he wanted info on how to get back into the city. My question is why does he want back in? Is he after more of their technology and just why did Gregory felt he had to go to such lengths to warn Helen about Adam (just what is he up to??)?

Yeah I think they were trying to show just how nuts he is and perhaps give us a clue of why Helen was ordered to kill him. I'm sure we'll have more back story coming about this .

Did anyone get what the deal was with the liquid Helen and Adam were putting on their clothes and why? Oh and did Adam avoid the water because it would wash off the liquid? Umm...what was the liquid?
                          Sorry I haven't had time to read through all the comments - so forgive me if I repeat anyone. What villain was introduced? I may have missed something, which is possible I was tired. I thought it was more a personal vendetta with Adam's darker side and Helen. Trying to kill someone would tend to do that - I think. Yes I know Adam sent the two white beings to get the info from Will's mind regarding the city, but again I thought it was Adam's orders alone.

The sprinklers were blinding Adam, for whatever reason - I hope they explain why later, maybe it has something to do with how he is still alive. Where ever he was supposedly killed held something pretty powerful even he mentioned that. If they are searching for the city they need to start there. I just wonder if Adam brought Helen to that cliff 100 years ago for a reason. Did he know the inhabitants of the city would save him?

I haven't really sought out spoilers, so no idea really what's ahead for the show. I thought the episode was good. I don't think it compares to The Five, but it was still good. I.T. was very good with the alter ego role. The fighting scenes were executed very nicely. I enjoyed the freezing time bit, and the wormhole/ portal whatever seemed to cause a great deal of pain to any exposed skin - so perhaps the liquid was just an extra preventative step to ensure a safe journey. He and Helen both walked through the sprinklers once they spread on the other liquid. For me there was nothing earth shattering revealed once you realize another person from Helen's past is alive and well. It's always fun to seeing into her past. The show was more a taster for me of what may be coming later on.

Comment

Ok so this as became one of my favorite episode and I actually wanted to write something good but I'm not sure I can. Here goes:

So loved every minute. I was a little afraid of how they were going to explain how Magnus gets left behind. The sneak peek left me a little scared. Seemed like they were just walking away but it was beautiful!

The fight scenes were great, they did an amazing job. The story was really good. It gave us more info on the city, info about Magnus past (didn’t she look HOT in that flashback?? I want that jacket she’s wearing lol) while creating a new arc and a great new villain.

It showed us a bit of how Magnus thinks. She was willing to forget the beating until she learned that it wasn’t a scared abnormal but a threat.
                            How organized she was, mapping the place and finding a pattern to what seem like random "popping up".

Ian Tracy did an amazing job and AT was brilliant as always. She did a marvelous job on the fight scenes. It wasn’t spot the stunt double like in Hero II.

And damn did this leave me thirsty for the next ep!!!

Also loved the boots she’s wearing!

Comment

Adam just said something like: "You could have saved her. You could have saved my daughter. Instead you left us with nothing." Before taunting her about Ashley. Anyone who is more familiar with the Jeckyl & Hyde story who can shed light on that? It's been YEARS since I've read it.
                              I haven't read it in years either, but I'm pretty sure Dr. Jekyll wasn't married or had children in Stevenson's story, this looks like a twist DK has put on the character. Perhaps that's what sets off his transformation into the Mr. Hyde persona, the death of his daughter, and maybe he tries to find the hologram city as a way of bringing her back?

3. How do we know Helen was ordered to kill Adam. Knowing Helen, she decided on her own that this was the safest/only thing to be done and took it upon herself to get it done.
                              During their confrontation on the cliff Adam says something about Helen completing her task, ie shooting him. So it could be something the Five decided on and Helen was assigned to carry it out, or a task she set for herself because perhaps, like with Druitt, she felt somewhat responsible for the chaos he caused.

I couldn't agree with you more. It would have been really awkard and jarring to cut away to another plot with this story line, and there was plenty to be told. I really liked the pacing, but I love cat and mouse games.
                              I also rather liked that there was no B story, like with Requiem, I think cutting away to another storyline would have lessened the claustrophobic effect of Helen being trapped. Plus the time bubble makes a pretty effective excuse for not cutting to say Will and Kate trying to get into the building. Though I wonder how far the time bubble extended, Henry, Tesla, and Bigfoot would probably start wondering why they couldn't get in touch with Helen and the others.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                                How would he have heard about Ashley dying?
                                He's been around. He says : "Heeeeeeere's Johnny!" - The Shining reference

Comment

Working...
                                X