No announcement yet.

Breach (307)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though I wonder how far the time bubble extended, Henry, Tesla, and Bigfoot would probably start wondering why they couldn't get in touch with Helen and the others.
    I don't think so. It was only a couple of hours at the most and the three of them were supposed to be meeting with some scared abby....no time to question.

and, for all we know, helen and adam beat each other up for hours while it was all of 2 minutes outside.

I bet that the cut on her hand becomes significant. maybe her first sign that she's not well, it doesn't heal. it was made too much of a big deal/obvious plot point for it to be nothing.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
      1. The fight scenes were great, they did an amazing job. The story was really good. It gave us more info on the city, info about Magnus past (didn’t she look HOT in that flashback?? I want that jacket she’s wearing lol) while creating a new arc and a great new villain.

2. Also loved the boots she’s wearing!
      1. Me too. That was an amazing piece of leather wear.

2. Again, me too! At first I thought, Hey, I have (almost) those boots! Then I realized they laced up the back and were way hotter than mine. /shallow
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        1. Me too. That was an amazing piece of leather wear.

2. Again, me too! At first I thought, Hey, I have (almost) those boots! Then I realized they laced up the back and were way hotter than mine. /shallow
        I would actually prefer fake leather
        Yes, that's what so cool. They laced up (as you say) in the back! Awesome, just different enough

Comment

Though I wonder how far the time bubble extended, Henry, Tesla, and Bigfoot would probably start wondering why they couldn't get in touch with Helen and the others.

Time was only affected inside the building. Everything outside the building was on normal time, Adam said that he speeded up time and localized it. It was the opposite of the time dilation used to slow down time inside the bubble on stargate. Here everything inside happened faster. At least thats what I understand it to be.

Comment

this is what i've been waiting for for YEARS with sam!

helen is whumped, helen kicks butt!! what more could a fan ask for?

i watched this again before coming online. i just *had* to!

k, i'll start off with one prob i had with the ep. helen got her butt kicked, but it didn't seem to effect her enough. was it b/c adam/nut job was holding back, or b/c he was a small-ish guy, or?... but anyways, that's the only "?" i had with it.

random:

GREAT fight scenes!!

* adam/hyde was great! the actor did a good job and i hope we see him again.

* speaking of adam... hyde had an english accent, but did adam have an irish one?

* my mom didn't like it that helen killed adam. i explained to her that he was jekyll/hyde, but she was still not sure.

* when jekll was talking to helen while she was hiding, he said (and i had it on closed captioning) that she could have saved his daughter. then he brought up ashley... i had to go back twice to make sure he wasn't saying that ashley was HIS! but i realize he just brought up ash b/c he'd lost his daughter too, and he blamed helen. interesting!

* would going through the rift unprotected cause real damage? i guess water helps protect, b/c it looked like helen was putting water all over herself (and jekyll was rubbing something on himself too)

* i wondered why wil and kate didn't notice that helen wasn't with them. i'm glad, though, that the ep didn't keep going back to what was going on with them (i assumed they were trying to get back in), but i said to my mom that it would break the tension of the ep if it did go back to the others. but now we know they didn't even have 'time' to miss her.

* so going by helen's fighting techniques, it looked like she was trained in martial arts?

* helen fighting with that metal rod was awesome! oh, and the chain and hammer thingie! ~takes moment to fangirl squee~

* i'd say helen won this fight!

* so was adam part of the five? maybe the back-up singer of the five? and did he take the source blood too, which is why he went splitty personality nutso?

* i wonder how adam found the hollow earth place in the first place?

* i soooooooo appreciate damian/writers not holding back in writing helen!!

* amanda is awesome. yes, i've said it.

* bye.

-goes to read posts-
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Just popping on finally to say this was a FANTASTIC episode, truly the best that Sanctuary has ever had in my opinion and I'm not a huge whump fan...I don't like seeing people I care about or characters hurt but this...it was AWESOME and that was not only because of Amanda's acting which was FANTASTIC :-D But also Ian's acting as well, he was just the perfect villian for her and I can't wait until we learn more.

I loved this episode and if re-watching it is any indication I've watched it four times today already. LOL

Truly a GREAT episode that moved the story forward and now though I'm not a huge history fan I'm much more looking forward to the next episode because of this one. It answered a few questions but opened up many, MANY more so Sanctuary team take a BIG bow becuase this was absolutely the best. You truly surpassed the bar.
              Sanctuary RULES!!!!
              Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                I esp can't wait to find out why Helen was ordered to kill him and how he knows so much about Gregory and the city. .
                where was this revealed?
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                  I loved when she kicked in the face and said, "Stop hitting me!"

I loved that!!
                  LOVED that line too , and especially how amanda delivered it!

"STOP. HITTING. ME!"
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

Kudos to Amanda and Ian, those two were amazing in how they pulled off the fighting scenes! I'm sure my expression during this episode was And having Helen asking for forgiveness, was truly poignant, at first she was using it as a diversion, but then when she really meant it, was a very heart felt.
                    yes. and i don't think i put that together until i just read your statement.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      I don't think so. It was only a couple of hours at the most and the three of them were supposed to be meeting with some scared abby....no time to question.

and, for all we know, helen and adam beat each other up for hours while it was all of 2 minutes outside.
                      That's true, I rewatched that part when Helen sees Will and Kate from the roof and you can see a sort of shimmering barrier to what I assume is the time bubble. So it looks like Adam sped up time within the building so that from her perspective Will, Kate, and everything outside was standing still. Which also means that there literally couldn't have been a B story in the episode, since only the stuff happening in the building was occurring in real time.

I bet that the cut on her hand becomes significant. maybe her first sign that she's not well, it doesn't heal. it was made too much of a big deal/obvious plot point for it to be nothing.
                      Hmm, maybe
                      Spoiler:
                      that's the way she gets sick with the poisoning like Adam. She covered the wound up but would still have been somewhat exposed. Perhaps that's also why Adam was trying to get back to the city, since he may be dying because he's been jumping so much.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      where was this revealed?
                      Just before she shoots him, Adam says something like 'I know what your task here is' and tells her to 'finish it', so I'm assuming that either someone ordered her or she decided herself to kill him. I'm leaning toward ordered because she seemed so conflicted about it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                        It seemed as though he had been in love with Helen in the past (weren't they all? ) and his mention of his daughter really intrigued me.
                        my mom picked up on that too.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

It was interesting to hear the various multiple personalities of Adam. One of them even had a bit of an Irish or Scottish accent, as the accent seemed to change depending on which personality was speaking.
                          so he had more than two, is that what you're saying?
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            so he had more than two, is that what you're saying?
                            It sounded like it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post

It showed us a bit of how Magnus thinks. She was willing to forget the beating until she learned that it wasn’t a scared abnormal but a threat.
                              great insight!
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

yeah, the cut! i didn't see 'how' she got it... *ponders/wonders/repeats*
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X