Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe adrenaline overrides it?
    I was thinking about the 3 super calderas

one has to be Yellowstone, the other in africa and the great rift valley....so what is the other super volcano?

I think there's about a half dozen or so 'super volanoes' around. Yellowstone's caldera is like 20 miles wide. it's massive. and the last time it cut loose, we had ash fall all over North America....they found ash layers in the midwest, so it effected hundreds of thousands of square miles.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaAdams View Post

My biggest problem really and maybe it's just something they'll address next week the Sanctuary now has a whole 'facility' full of people just like Henry, Will's been scratched up on his chest and Henry was experimented on AGAIN and no one thinks or Helen never things to make a phone call and say 'Hello, post its aren't gonna do it this time?'
      Did I miss something? I don't recall it being said anywhere that they were all going to live in the Sanctuary. It's wholly possible I did, since I was not paying entirely close attention at the end of the ep.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

By them having a whole facility full of abnormals aka HAP's to deal with doesn't mean they live at the Sanctury but it is Sanctuary staff who are helping them at the end of the episode namely Will, Henry and Declan and the support staff so it's most likely that they'll keep tabs on them considering they are just what Henry is and the last of the Lycan people as they said in the episode.

As I also said perhaps they'll address this in next week's episode but I just find it hard to believe that Helen hasn't even been 'appraised' by what's going on, a phone call anything but of course maybe that's just me. It just seems her staff took a little too many 'liberties' considering she's the boss and especially considering she's been like Henry's mom...you'd think they would have shown them at home or on the way and he's at least talking to her on the phone; even one side of a conversation would have made it a little more in character for me.
        Sanctuary RULES!!!!
        Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaAdams View Post
          By them having a whole facility full of abnormals aka HAP's to deal with doesn't mean they live at the Sanctury but it is Sanctuary staff who are helping them at the end of the episode namely Will, Henry and Declan and the support staff so it's most likely that they'll keep tabs on them considering they are just what Henry is and the last of the Lycan people as they said in the episode.

As I also said perhaps they'll address this in next week's episode but I just find it hard to believe that Helen hasn't even been 'appraised' by what's going on, a phone call anything but of course maybe that's just me. It just seems her staff took a little too many 'liberties' considering she's the boss and especially considering she's been like Henry's mom...you'd think they would have shown them at home or on the way and he's at least talking to her on the phone; even one side of a conversation would have made it a little more in character for me.
          Isn't that why there are so many Sanctuary houses over the world? Helen is the big boss, but each house has a leader. This fell under the jurisdiction of the UK Sanctuary, and Helen can't be involved in every little op that goes on in every part of the world. Sure she probably gets reports about what's going on, and she'll definitely be getting a first-hand report about that incident, but there was a bigger storyline being set up for her that was more important to be told, then a 'debriefing' about something that was over and done with for the moment. Altho' with the Sanctuary writing team I have no doubt we'll see a call back to this in future eps if there ever was a need for it.
          sigpic

Comment

True points previously said as I said originally I'd probably get slammed cause folks really seemed to like this episode and I'm nto saying I'm right...just sayin' from my perspective it was too OOC for me, especially for Helen. I get she can't be everywhere but this involved two people from HER facility therefore she is the boss that needed brought into the loop. Kind of like being at work and instead of telling your supervisor you go over there head to their supervisor...sooner or later someone is gonna be upset.

Just my opinion of the episode of course, different strokes for different folks like they say. LOL
            Sanctuary RULES!!!!
            Melissa

Comment

in one way I can see how it'd seem a little odd for Henry and Will to supposedly just go off with a note on teh monitor 'off to the uk, we'll call'
              On the other hand, Helen was also enthralled by the city and tesla and possibly saw the boys leaving more as 'i'm getting away from your annoying friend' than anything else.
              Especially after the whole Columbia issue, she probably looked forward to avoiding having ot deal with Will and his 'always has an ulterior motive' and Henry being annoyed with Nikola.
              I think the boys took any advantage to get away from Tesla (as possibly did kate and biggie) and Helen was grateful to be rid of them (in a nice way) simply because figuring out the city and dealing with Tesla was going to take all her patience

sigpic

Comment

Really enjoyed this episode! There's too much to say...

* excited to learn more about this city - really liked the way they had to deal with 'stages' to learn more... and ofc how they both outwitted it to progress (by 'hiding' from detection)

* loved Henry's story, and seeing him with Will it's nice to see their friendship has progressed and there seems to be more trust between the two of them

* like the possible romance between Henry and Erica (although on a side note, in some ways I was a bit disappointed because I liked the Henry/Kate chemistry last week)

* is it just me or do the werewolves look different? vaguely remember us seeing Henry-wolf-like in... ''Edward'' I think it was... although that was Edward's perception? I just expected him to look like that

Absolutely adored the Helen/Nikola side of the story... I just can't get enough of the two of them on screen together... also it seems like when they're alone together they seem a little... warmer... not sure if thats the right word to use.
                But they seem more comfortable around each other (which is understandable given how long they've known each other). Like someone else said - Helen seems to show more humour and be more cheeky, and I think Nikola seems a little more sincere / caring around Helen when it's just the two of them, it's like he isn't quite as guarded.

Having said that, Nikola is still Nikola - and I loved the flirting and the cheekiness and the underhandedness of it all (that's a word right?) And am I the only one to notice a pattern in Nikola eps - a bit of snark, a bit of flirtation, and Nikola happy to save Helen's life when it comes down to it? I love that about him, and I loved that this time she was going to stand by him and work out how to stay alive together

But I should stop waffling... to summarise, my fave episode of S3 so far
                sigpic
                ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  maybe adrenaline overrides it?
                  I was thinking about the 3 super calderas

one has to be Yellowstone, the other in africa and the great rift valley....so what is the other super volcano?

I think there's about a half dozen or so 'super volanoes' around. Yellowstone's caldera is like 20 miles wide. it's massive. and the last time it cut loose, we had ash fall all over North America....they found ash layers in the midwest, so it effected hundreds of thousands of square miles.
                  The Yellowstone Caldera is about 40 miles across which just shows how much damage it does when it errupts.

As for the episode itself for the most part I like it. I kind of feel that Henry's werewolf side has been neglected before. I seriously forgot that he has mental control over himself when he turns into that animal. That shows how little I remember and how much more need to be explained. So like I said I like him going to this faculity and able to explore the mind and his feelings about being who is. Although I am more then a little confused what the whole point of the antagonist. First she is all about stopping people leaving her facuility and the preservation of her kind by whatever means but then she not only allows her niece to fight Henry but let them all go thier ways. It needed a little bit more explanation to be honest.

As for the Helen story it was kind of funny. The Tesla banter is always quite funny in the dry wit they give one another. Plus I kind of like how they developed the arc. We knew a little more but not more. We know thie ancient city detests vampires (and given Tesla I can't blame them) and that it is somewhere underground. It would have to be quite deep for humans to not know of its existence. But what is good is that some answers were given but their are still lots of question..

If their is one compliant its that visual effects for wolf Henery and his love interest were just plain terrible. But I don't let those kind of effects bother me for a story but they were still bad.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

i enjoyed the ep!

even though i like all the characters, i always seem to go into the 'not helen centric' storylines with some , but just b/c i know i'm going to miss seeing more helen.

randomness -

*nice henry-will friendship.

*WONDERFUL helen-tesla stuff!! amanda and jonathan work wonderfully off each other.

*i'm glad henry got some action, and i mean of both kinds. i even liked the girl. (though i'd prefer him with kate)

*the other world/hologram city scenes.

*i'm not sure 'why' the director of the hospital was doing things the way she did. i just don't really understand her motives and how she went about them that way. she's holding onto her ppl, but by scaring the crap out of them?

*my main issue with the ep was, once *again*, will going off to do things on his own. even henry doing it again. it's not that they can't do stuff without 'mom' being there to protect them , but will *so* knows better than to go into situations without backup. he's learned his lesson before. *bops will upside the head*

all in all, another solid ep, from a very solid season!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      i enjoyed the ep!

even though i like all the characters, i always seem to go into the 'not helen centric' storylines with some , but just b/c i know i'm going to miss seeing more helen.

randomness -

*nice henry-will friendship.

*WONDERFUL helen-tesla stuff!! amanda and jonathan work wonderfully off each other.

*i'm glad henry got some action, and i mean of both kinds. i even liked the girl. (though i'd prefer him with kate)

*the other world/hologram city scenes.

*i'm not sure 'why' the director of the hospital was doing things the way she did. i just don't really understand her motives and how she went about them that way. she's holding onto her ppl, but by scaring the crap out of them?

*my main issue with the ep was, once *again*, will going off to do things on his own. even henry doing it again. it's not that they can't do stuff without 'mom' being there to protect them , but will *so* knows better than to go into situations without backup. he's learned his lesson before. *bops will upside the head*

all in all, another solid ep, from a very solid season!
                      Good review, Sally, but where's your "needs more helen" comment?

Comment

so what is this middle earth thing that some of you have already heard about?
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I know it was mentioned about Will and Henry just going off on their own without getting permission and the such, but i'm rewatching it and, they tried.

Will left helen a note, and she mentions that he's been leaving her notes for hte 'past few days' and that they have been 'absorbed' studying hte city.

then will tries to call her and report in, just as tesla dumps the sanctuary into darkness. cell reception is down Helen says.

Declan knows it. He apparently has access to know that just the house is off line, but that hte abnormals are fine. He knows where henry and will are, and is standing by if they need help.

basically, Will and Henry were feeling out in the cold with tesla and helen studying the city. they went off to amuse themselves, tried to follow protocol, but complications from the city messed with that and Declan knew where they were and to bail them out of needed

Right now the only really stupid thing i'm seeing is will wandering in the woods, in the dark, apparently hunting for HAPs.

sigpic

Comment

Right now the only really stupid thing i'm seeing is will wandering in the woods, in the dark, apparently hunting for HAPs.
                            that's *exactly* the scene where i turned to my mom and said 'he's doing it again!'
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

LOL. I kept thinking: Hasn't Will ever watched a horror movie?
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Love this ep. Anthem did a superb job yet again with the graphics - that holographic city and the werewolves are just wicked.
                                Love Will doing his British accent.
                                Love Henry...need I say more. I love that he has a new family..."We're family now - dude" I love that the others like him are going to be able to go off and live normal lives.
                                I wonder what Declan was going to do with the Lillian.
                                Love the banter between Helen and Tesla though I hope they don't ship them...I still prefer John & Helen but I just love the banter played off between these two, the way they do it now. Although I have to admit, seems to me that Helen is warming up to Tesla...
                                "And you bathed - thank you so much"
                                "Don't get any ideas, I'm too exhausted to even banter with you"...cute scenes.
                                Love Tesla...love how he is able to fool Helen with how close she needs to be...and the bedroom scene...too cute.
                                Helen's wine cellar is depleted yet again...make note - send more wine!!
                                Tesla's use of the word "pater" - love it!!!!
                                When Will says' We're just a couple of blokes on our holidays - whatever"...with the word "whatever" said with a Cockney accent - you can almost see him smiling ear to ear...no correct that...you can see Robin smiling like a chesshire cat even though his back is turned to us...cheeky bugger. Robert was brilliant.
                                Love how chipper Helen sounded when Will called in...she seemed quite happy to hear from him - cute!
                                "Good luck with the ex vampire" cheeky Helen - clearly a fun moment as Helen or was it Amanda who had to bite her bottom lip from grinning.
                                Favourite line -
                                Tesla - "What am I your house elf"
                                Helen - "Thank you Dobby"
                                I wonder if Helen always sleeps with her gun.
                                I'm gonna have a guess here but to me it looks as though the caldera's might be in north and south America and perhaps Africa...are they what leads to the center??

Can't wait to see Breach - any previews to watch for this ep yet?
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X