No announcement yet.

Animus (306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoyed this episode. I have to admit I was a little worried about a Henry-centric episode. Not that I don't love Henry, I just worried about his character's ability to hold the A story and keep me interested. I thought the A story was good, but not great. Maybe a 5 out of 10. I guess I expected the werewolf thing to be a broader-reaching conspiracy. I wanted to see something like an underground (figuratively, lol, given the B story ) society that kept itself hidden and controlled something pretty major like world financials or something rather than being limited to a single mental hospital in England. *shrug* Ah well, knowing the Sanctuary team, this isn't the end of that.

What I really enjoyed about the A story? Will and Henry together. I just think their relationship as friends works way more for me than the Will/Helen partnership, but I'm not trying to fan flames here, so that's really all I'm going to say about that. LOVED the bro-buddy trip.

LOVED the B story. So excited to see what they do with it. Loved the Harry Potter reference. I also am still giggling over Will's referral to "Magnus and the Magnet" when he and Henry were conspiring to go to England. Magnus and Tesla just had me grinning like crazy. There's just another level of awesome when the grownups are on-screen together.

As for next week:
    Spoiler:
    SO EXCITED for Breech. Need me some major Helen whump.

Oh and I am absolutely loving all the new XX writers on the show this year. They are kicking arse and taking names!
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
      But I still don't understand exactly why she (the blond woman - I forgot her name) did this. She could have just give them diazapam (how ever you write that) without giving them a drug to make them kill. Was she just hungry for power or something?
      I actually think the drugs all the patients are taking are just to suppress the werewolf from coming out. If you go back and listen to the first scene, Liam tells Joe that he has been feeling off all day and the doctor gave him a shot. Later you find that he had been resisting treatment. There's something in the shot that causes violent behavior and for the lycans, that means transformation as well. It seems she only does it to people who break the rules and to help remind everyone else why they should stay on their meds. I don't think the woman was actually evil - she's one of them. But she certainly believes that side of all of them is evil and would do whatever necessary to keep the status quo.

For me - this episode TOTALLY. ROCKED!!! I was very intrigued with the Henry storyline. I loved that all lycans are great with electronics and very smart and handy. A race of geeks! I'm glad that Erica (the niece) didn't end up dying. Would love to see more of a relationship develop for her and Henry.

Magnus and the Magnet - what is there to say? How do you NOT love these two?!?!? I loved their banter. I love that they're BOTH geniuses. I love the Harry Potter reference. I cannot wait to see how the search for this city plays out.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

So electronics seems to be a HAP thing and the city is pretty advance and doesnt like Vamps, coincidence? On #Sanctuary? I think not!

Comment

Ok, so I'm probably gonna get slammed for this because I'm not usually so critical of Sanctuary episodes and let me just say for the record it was a GREAT episode from a Henry standpoint. Werewolves are not my favorite abnormals, I like em just not the best but this is really well done and it was nice seeing Henry in the thick of things.

My major problem with the episode were the characters were acting a little out of character for me. Maybe it's just because Magnus wasn't there for the A-storyline, I admit it but come on folks really think about it. Henry gets permission from Magnus to just go to comic-con for goodness sakes, he's the go to guy for all her tech plus Will is a bit like a goody too shoes most times and he is Helen's protege. We know from last season they both get permission from the boss to do things and they just stick a little post it on her computer and say 'we're going on vacation, later'; that just strikes me as so untrue it's not funny.

Add to that Will 'allowing' Henry to check himself into a psych hospital then when he can't get him out, gets cut off from Magnus his idea instead of going to get Declan and the team at least or at least fill them in is to wander around at night hoping to get chomped to bits by a werewolf, aka HAP.

And then additionally at the end Henry was intent on killing Will because of that drug Lillian gave him yet suddenly he has a thirty second fight with a female HAP (werewolf) and he's himself again, come on seriously folks :-(

My biggest problem really and maybe it's just something they'll address next week the Sanctuary now has a whole 'facility' full of people just like Henry, Will's been scratched up on his chest and Henry was experimented on AGAIN and no one thinks or Helen never things to make a phone call and say 'Hello, post its aren't gonna do it this time?'

Why it was nice seeing Henry's backstory I have to say I enjoyed the B-story much more and just because Helen was in it but because it didn't have those OOC (out of character) moments for me, minus Helen forgetting the city for thirty seconds and finding out how her people are of course.

Hopefully for me personally this is the episode lowest of the season for me, I even liked Warriors better myself.
          Sanctuary RULES!!!!
          Melissa

Comment

In one word: AWESOME.

In my opinion, this episode is the best Sanctuary ep this season. And to me that is saying a lot. This season has had the best edge of your seat entertainment ever!

But the ultimate awesomeness was the scenes with Helen/Nikola. Those two are a riot when their on screen! I can't wait to see what happens with the map and how they find this "inner world".

If there is one thing:

Spoiler:
            I can't wait until Breach. The ep is going to be awesome.
            sigpic
            Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

as I understood it, the 'boss' of the facility used drugs to control her patients. and when she needed to convince the 'kiddies' to take their medicine, she'd drug one of htem to act out, using it to scare the others into behaving.

For example, they never knew that they can control when they wolf out. They can consciously turn it on and off with some training and experience. They'd been taught to fear who and what they were because she used fear to control.

Henry and the sanctuary can train them not to fear who they are, but accept who they are, and through acceptance comes control
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Very good episode.

I like how it started in that, for lack of a better word, institution, and I believe that one guy was from Stargate. I can't say I'm surprised that Kate and Biggie weren't in the episode, considering they were doing their episodes. The Will and Henry side of the episode was very well done, I think it gave us a good look at who Henry, and it was good hearing him talk about how he's come to terms with his werewolf side, and how how can control it. Seeing Declan in the episode was also a treat, I'm glad he was there to give the boys a hand. The fight with Henry and Erica was cool, and I knew right there she had stopped fighting her other side and used it for good. I'd like to see her back, since I think it's safe to say she has a thing for Henry.

As for Helen and Tesla, I enjoyed all their scenes, Helen's "And you bath too. Thank you so much" and "Go fix my house" were my fave. But what was that name Helen called Tesla when she was walking away? I think when Tesla is around, we see a lot more humor to Helen than we normally see, and I like that. It's cool to see Helen sleeps with a gun in her room, and that scene with them in her room was great, as well was her "Now get out" line. One thing I really liked was that Tesla was more concerned her safety and his when they bomb showed up, all because it could detect the source blood in them. I love how Tesla used that as an excuse for Helen to get close to him. As soon as Helen said "Gateway" I thought of the Stargate, and I thought that 3D hologram of the Earth was wicked.

Overall, it was a really good episode, and the hour went by rather quick.
                Last edited by Rocky89; 20 November 2010, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Really cool episode. Nice to see Henry taking the lead story for a change. He was great. The transformation was very well done and the bit with the girl was great.
                  Magnus and Tesla had the "B" story this time but it also gave us alot to deal with. I love those two working together. Such fun. And now we have the search for one of the 3 tunnels into that world.

*spoilers for Breach*
                  Spoiler:
                  Next week - the episode that AT says they beat the crap out of her!

SANCTUARY RULES!
                  Spoiler:
                  Omg really?! Where did you hear her say that at? :O
                  sigpic
                  My tumblr

Comment

She called him Dobbie

In Harry Potter, one of the characters has a 'house elf'...aka domestic slave for lack of a better term. His name was Dobbie (or Dobby)

when tesla said 'i'm not your house elf' he kinda said 'i'm not your slave' and helen's reply 'good night dobbie' was pretty much 'yes, you are now fix it before i kick your tush' (In a nice way of course)
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Really enjoyed this episode. Magnus & Tesla were on top form. So many witty lines in their bantering. Thought the werewolf story was interesting too. Nice to see the will/henry dynamic. My only slight gripe is how Henry got control of himself during the fight with the werewolf chick. Seemed a bit too easy to overwhelming the effects of the medication he'd been given. I'll be interested to see if the girl re-appears later in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                        Henry in Werewolf form was totally AWESOME!!

M fave line has to be this, "Oh, and you bathed too. Thank you so very much." lmao!! I bet fell off the table I was sitting on with laughter. lol!! Plus I loved Helen look when Nikola said she had to hold him closer. She didn't want to... lmao!! That was funny!
                        Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                        It was hilarious how he triggered the EM pulse. then Helen told him to go and fix her house... lmao!! that was great!! Course true to himself, Tesla couldn't leave the city alone even though Helen told him too. lol!
                        After the main threat was over, and he said she didn't have to stand so close, I loved how she reacted to that info. He does anything to get close to her, like him putting his hand on her in her room, and than telling him to get out. Helen is a lot more cheeky when he's around, and I like that side to her.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        *spoilers for Breach*
                        Spoiler:
                        Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Here's a transcript of Amanda talking about that.

Spoiler:
                        Interviewer: I'm looking forward to the episode with the torture and you go through the wringer...

Amanda: [joking] Holy Moly! Damian Kindler hates me! [Laughter]

Amanda: [muffled] Damian has a vendetta and he does it in a very not so subtle, let's write a crazy script kinda way. Yeah, it's a biggie. We talked about it but it's... I get beaten up in this one episode called Breach and we shot it at Riverview Psychiatric Hospital and it was very cold and we were in the tunnel and we found a dead rat, it was wet and I was soaking wet and fighting. We had fight sequences and I did a lot of my own stunts and I use a chain and I had a machete and a hammer fight, I was... it was just nuts what I was doing and yeah I got, I really go beaten up. I actually got thrown up against a wall at one point and it took me about three months to release my neck, so I look like this [laughter] for a few of the episodes. But it was really fun. Yeah I went home every night feeling I worked today.

There's a vid for it, can anyone find it?

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        She called him Dobbie

In Harry Potter, one of the characters has a 'house elf'...aka domestic slave for lack of a better term. His name was Dobbie (or Dobby)

when tesla said 'i'm not your house elf' he kinda said 'i'm not your slave' and helen's reply 'good night dobbie' was pretty much 'yes, you are now fix it before i kick your tush' (In a nice way of course)
                        Oh, now I get it, thanks, Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaAdams View Post
                          Ok, so I'm probably gonna get slammed for this because I'm not usually so critical of Sanctuary episodes and let me just say for the record it was a GREAT episode from a Henry standpoint. Werewolves are not my favorite abnormals, I like em just not the best but this is really well done and it was nice seeing Henry in the thick of things.

My major problem with the episode were the characters were acting a little out of character for me. Maybe it's just because Magnus wasn't there for the A-storyline, I admit it but come on folks really think about it. Henry gets permission from Magnus to just go to comic-con for goodness sakes, he's the go to guy for all her tech plus Will is a bit like a goody too shoes most times and he is Helen's protege. We know from last season they both get permission from the boss to do things and they just stick a little post it on her computer and say 'we're going on vacation, later'; that just strikes me as so untrue it's not funny.

Add to that Will 'allowing' Henry to check himself into a psych hospital then when he can't get him out, gets cut off from Magnus his idea instead of going to get Declan and the team at least or at least fill them in is to wander around at night hoping to get chomped to bits by a werewolf, aka HAP.

And then additionally at the end Henry was intent on killing Will because of that drug Lillian gave him yet suddenly he has a thirty second fight with a female HAP (werewolf) and he's himself again, come on seriously folks :-(

My biggest problem really and maybe it's just something they'll address next week the Sanctuary now has a whole 'facility' full of people just like Henry, Will's been scratched up on his chest and Henry was experimented on AGAIN and no one thinks or Helen never things to make a phone call and say 'Hello, post its aren't gonna do it this time?'

Why it was nice seeing Henry's backstory I have to say I enjoyed the B-story much more and just because Helen was in it but because it didn't have those OOC (out of character) moments for me, minus Helen forgetting the city for thirty seconds and finding out how her people are of course.
                          You make excellent points & I thought of those inconsistencies as well. It was like they had to go OOC to make the story work and I never like that.
                          That said, I did manage to mostly put those things out of my mind and enjoy the episode. It just would have been better if they had worked out those problems.

I liked Henry taking front & center--nice job. And I always love the Magnus-Tesla interactions.

But I am a bit concerned that we're getting set up for a "Journey to the Center of the Earth" story. The possiblilites for cheese abound.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. I thought the whole Henry storyline was great (and I wasn't sure I was going to like it that much). Plus, Henry got the girl!

I'm really enjoying how the show is revisiting old legends/myths, etc. ... such as the Hollow Earth one. That's been around for years. It'll be interesting to find out how this plays out. I love how Tesla figured out the keys to the hologram.

And just as a side note, ... was that a leather dress Helen was wearing in one of the scenes???

Comment

Originally posted by llp
                              Spoiler:
                              Originally posted by Sam 1969
                              Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                              Here's a transcript of Amanda talking about that.

Spoiler:
                              Interviewer: I'm looking forward to the episode with the torture and you go through the wringer...

Amanda: [joking] Holy Moly! Damian Kindler hates me! [Laughter]

Amanda: [muffled] Damian has a vendetta and he does it in a very not so subtle, let's write a crazy script kinda way. Yeah, it's a biggie. We talked about it but it's... I get beaten up in this one episode called Breach and we shot it at Riverview Psychiatric Hospital and it was very cold and we were in the tunnel and we found a dead rat, it was wet and I was soaking wet and fighting. We had fight sequences and I did a lot of my own stunts and I use a chain and I had a machete and a hammer fight, I was... it was just nuts what I was doing and yeah I got, I really go beaten up. I actually got thrown up against a wall at one point and it took me about three months to release my neck, so I look like this [laughter] for a few of the episodes. But it was really fun. Yeah I went home every night feeling I worked today.

There's a vid for it, can anyone find it?
                              Well, actually she said it to me while I was on the set visit! Pretty much in those words.
                              sigpic

Comment

The comic con videos. And about every interview she's given lol
                                But I'm pretty sure she mentions in it in the comic con videos.

As for the drug wearing (sp) off, Henry showed a lot of control when he was taken prisoner by the Cabal and we really dont know what she gave him. Henry said he burns hotter as an HAP so maybe the fight made it burn out. Or maybe its like a seditive, fight or flight response "turns it off"

Comment

Working...
                                X