Acolyte (410)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's eating, not coitusing

Will: Magnus, it disgusts me. It is disgusting.
    Magnus: It's part of their usual behavior. Some abnormals prefer to eat in private. Others, like the Besovites, require your complete attention. They're exhibitionists.
    Will: They smear their food all over each other and then lick it off. It's like watchng the Animal Planet version of "9 1/2 weeks"!
    Magnus: Well, I find that if you just sit back and relax, it can actually be quite enjoyable.
    Will: Okay, stop it, you-you are lying now.
    Magnus: Yes, I am.
    Will: What about Henry?
    Magnus: He's in charge of clearing out their habitat.
    Will: Biggie?
    Magnus: He's halfway to Hollow Earth, I'm afraid.
    Will: Can't you do it? Forget I said that. Oh, hey, what about a mannequin?
    Magnus: Will, believe me, over the years, I have tried everything. The Besovites always know. There really is no substitute for sitting and watching. I'll make you some popcorn--
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      it's eating, not coitusing

Will: Magnus, it disgusts me. It is disgusting.
      Magnus: It's part of their usual behavior. Some abnormals prefer to eat in private. Others, like the Besovites, require your complete attention. They're exhibitionists.
      Will: They smear their food all over each other and then lick it off. It's like watchng the Animal Planet version of "9 1/2 weeks"!
      Magnus: Well, I find that if you just sit back and relax, it can actually be quite enjoyable.
      Will: Okay, stop it, you-you are lying now.
      Magnus: Yes, I am.
      Will: What about Henry?
      Magnus: He's in charge of clearing out their habitat.
      Will: Biggie?
      Magnus: He's halfway to Hollow Earth, I'm afraid.
      Will: Can't you do it? Forget I said that. Oh, hey, what about a mannequin?
      Magnus: Will, believe me, over the years, I have tried everything. The Besovites always know. There really is no substitute for sitting and watching. I'll make you some popcorn--

i never heard helen say, 'Some abnormals prefer to eat in private'.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but, why would eating in front of others be considered exhibitionism? And would just watching them eat disgust Will so much? And couldn't smearing food all over each other and then licking it off be some sort of foreplay? And then there's the 9 1/2 weeks reference. That movie is about: "An erotic story about a woman, the assistant of an art gallery, who gets involved in an impersonal affair with a man. She barely knows about his life, only about the sex games they play, so the relationship begins to get complicated." So if Magnus and Will are just talking about eating, why would that movie be mentioned?
        sigpic
        Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Because they weren't just talking about eating... But they can't just come out and say it like that otherwise it's not as 'funny' and maybe not suitable for some of the show's viewers. So they purposely use a double-meaning.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

It never even occurred to me that they were talking just about eating until I saw the discussion here. I thought she said "prefer to mate in private." But Sky said it was "eat" so I was trying to figure out which word made more sense with the rest of the conversation. I still think it's "mate." *shrug*
            sigpic

Comment

Tv close-captioning said it was eat too.

Comment

Our TV closed captioning is very inaccurate. But anyway..... okay.
                sigpic

Comment

Sounded like "eat" to me too, but I still think they were talking about a combination of eating and mating.
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                    Yeah, but, why would eating in front of others be considered exhibitionism? And would just watching them eat disgust Will so much? And couldn't smearing food all over each other and then licking it off be some sort of foreplay? And then there's the 9 1/2 weeks reference. That movie is about: "An erotic story about a woman, the assistant of an art gallery, who gets involved in an impersonal affair with a man. She barely knows about his life, only about the sex games they play, so the relationship begins to get complicated." So if Magnus and Will are just talking about eating, why would that movie be mentioned?
                    "9 1/2 Weeks" is mentioned because there's a scene in it where the two stars are eating food off each other as foreplay.
                    sigpic

Comment

something for tapping tuesday I guess. Originally I thought it was mate too, cause why else would will be so squicked, but then everything else said eat so....YMMV i guess
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hehe... I also thought the context of the conversation implied mating.

Comment

So eating with the possibility of more if we care to use our imaginations?
                          sigpic

Comment

I've some time off today and am behind on my watching (though all the eps have thus been saved) so thought I'd dive in while I had the chance..

General question. Maybe I missed it, but the 'mind guy' (for lack of a better descriptor)... Who is he and have we seen him before? I've been trying to place him but failed and it seems weird to introduce someone like him just for the sake of the storyline. Am I missing something?

Comment

He was introduced in the 3rd episode of this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Linwelin View Post
                                He was introduced in the 3rd episode of this season.
                                Gotcha. Went and reread posts from the beginning and realized who he was. Must of just forgotten him. Ah well. Didn't know he was in confinement at the Sanctuary so I guess it makes sense to the storyline.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X