Acolyte (410)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Ok, I'm dating myself. But when we see Magnus in the plane I had a microsecond flash of Wonder Woman and her invisible airplane.
    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    my thought? 'dude, that's a lotta plane for one person'
    Yes to both, though it was more an "I know that shot" than a Wonder Woman direct thought.

That was wayyy too much plane, though I guess she needed one with a large enough fuel tank to not stop so often.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      I think they need to address how she heals so quickly that she can seemingly, be immune to ouchies. Because they are rather inconsistent with how it's handled.
      me too. my guess is her ability involves healing quickly, which would also effect her aging, bones and muscles will repair themselves to the state they were when she took the source blood. which is why she doesn't appear to age. which means she would be hard to kill.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
        At least there is a storyline reason for it to be frakked up. Hopefully the will deal more with it. They bailed (for whatever reason) on what could have been great stuff with Ashley and the brainwashing.
        I totally agree. I'm rewatching Season 1 right now and I wish they kept Ashley on and maybe went a little longer with her whole brainwashing thingy.

Comment

I've rewatched the end of the episode a couple of times now. Biggie sits in the car for a few moments before he gets out and heads to the secret meeting. I keep reading those moments as him preparing himself to do what he has to do - which is pretend to still be under the influence of the Crixorum and willing to kill and die for the cause. I'm just finding it hard to believe (or I just don't want to believe) that the tender scene between Helen and Biggie was just Biggie pretending to be back to normal.

Regardless of whether I've interpreted correctly or not, I'm very curious to see where it all ends!

By the way, I didn't think Helen's skirt was all that short. I remember seeing some promo for season 4 or something that showed that brief clip of Helen standing there, brushing her hair behind her ear. I had no idea what that scene was from or what was happening in the scene. If you could see the guards lying around here, I don't recall - I only had eyes for Magnus.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by lookupwardsnshare View Post
            I totally agree. I'm rewatching Season 1 right now and I wish they kept Ashley on and maybe went a little longer with her whole brainwashing thingy.
            I know I am living in a state of denial but

Spoiler:
            I am hoping that the reference to Ashley AND the rather extended montage of her in the previous episode means she will be making an appearance again...and not as a ghost

Comment

Transcript is done and uploaded
              http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/s...s/acolyte.html

have fun

some things I noticed while doing it

will and kate punching the door open code in full sight of Oren
              Will referring to biggie being upset over the death of the redstone abnormals...but it was chalkstone not redstone
              When addison looks at the photos of the van on his tablet, he never opens the cover
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It's the things like that which wreck an episode for me.... TBH while I love Sanctuary, I think it seems (or is seeming) more amature-ish than other shows. I guess because MAD are doing it for fun and as they're in control instead of other shows which aren't independent. However I'm surprised that they don't have more quality control (or maybe they do?).

Anyway, I loved this ep, one of the far better ones this season. The CGI looked great and it was a really interesting story.

A few more things I noticed -

when Declan and Will were trying to get into the hotel by the alternate road and they run off into the forest and look at the hotel from the cliff - there's only one road, the main one, you don't see any other roads leading to it ?

Also that road was totally the one from Normandy/Carentan, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Julian View Post
                  It's the things like that which wreck an episode for me.... TBH while I love Sanctuary, I think it seems (or is seeming) more amature-ish than other shows. I guess because MAD are doing it for fun and as they're in control instead of other shows which aren't independent. However I'm surprised that they don't have more quality control (or maybe they do?).

Anyway, I loved this ep, one of the far better ones this season. The CGI looked great and it was a really interesting story.

A few more things I noticed -

when Declan and Will were trying to get into the hotel by the alternate road and they run off into the forest and look at the hotel from the cliff - there's only one road, the main one, you don't see any other roads leading to it ?

Also that road was totally the one from Normandy/Carentan, right?
                  Yup! Same bad guys too!

Comment

Originally posted by Julian View Post
                    Eh, they all do screw-ups like that. ALL of them. The networks do look and make 'suggestions' too. You can't bite the hand that helps feed you *too* often. Otherwise we wouldn't have gotten some of the crap that was sent our way.
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      Oh! Also, SCUI... does anyone else think of SPEW? Every time I hear them use the name, all I can do is giggle and think of the Society for the Protection of Elvish Welfare.
                      I do. lol.

A good (not great) episode. I actually liked it more than I thought I would, considering it focused more on Biggie and Kate who aren't really favorites of mine. THough it was kind of nice to see Kate again, and it seems her time in Hollow Earth has helped her find her place in the world.

I'm not sure if Helen knows what Biggie is up to at the end or not, but I do think he's got plans to spy on the enemy and help out Helen any way he can, and not that he's still under evil influence.

Spoiler:
                      have a suspicion that Biggie is going to play a major part in the season finale

Enjoyed Helen's threat to operate on the crixorum's brain and how it freaked him out. She should have done it.

The scene with Kate waking up in her own bed, no IV or anything else, and in an awkward position, really bugged me. She'd been unconscious for a week and undergone two operations and that's how she's left until she wakes up? Really? If she was supposedly in the infirmary most of the week and just recently moved to her bed or something then Will should have mentioned it. Doing it like that just makes it look like they didn't even bother to consult a medical reference to get it right.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

So I totally thought at the beginning Will was complaing about having to watch those two abnormals MATE...

Comment

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
                          So I totally thought at the beginning Will was complaing about having to watch those two abnormals MATE...
                          I'm still not convinced the food wasn't part of it
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

he wasn't? i've watched it twice and i thought he was.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

That's what I thought too. I liked Helen's "I'll make you some popcorn."
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

he was, wasn't he? they like to be watched.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X