No announcement yet.

Acolyte (410)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the praxian database that Biggie was supposed to bring to Hollow Earth? At least I cant remember it being mentioned in the Episode.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
      What happened to the praxian database that Biggie was supposed to bring to Hollow Earth? At least I cant remember it being mentioned in the Episode.
      ??? Good question. I hope Biggie didn't take it so it isn't in hands of the HE terrorist group

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
        I was surprised to hear Henry say he couldn't hack into all those databases or at least couldn't find the information they needed before being discovered and was a bit disappointed, because I thought he was so good at that stuff?

[/spoiler]
        i think it wasn't that he couldn't do it, it was because the governments kept knocking him out.

oh i forgot about the database, i hope they don't have it...
        sigpic

Comment

i liked the ep.

not loved. not WOW'ed, but liked.

*very* interesting about biggie, though! i'm excited to see where it goes, but i don't want biggie going bad either.

random...

-funny scene where addison opened the door to his lobby and found that helen had beaten up his men.

-liked the helen and kate hurt in the van part.

-why is it everyone's love interests are boring?

-poor helen and henry, having to deal with biggie's betrayal.

and speaking of biggie... was he *really* deprogrammed at the end? is he now going undercover with the hollow earth terrorists, or is he still brainwashed?

and is it brainwashing, if biggie's brain has been altered? i know it was explained his brain was remapped (his pathways?) or something, but i don't really know what that means for him.

-nice to see kate again. i like how she felt about being in hollow earth (a fresh and past-history free), but her boyfriend is... she could do a *lot* better.

-i liked how addison wouldn't let his men shoot helen and kate.

all in all, a nice ep. sets up where the season is going (to end).
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
            "From below we Rise!"
            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post

-And I do NOT think that Magnus is unaware of Biggie's dealings at the end of the episode. She's not stupid, and I don't think she's ever going to be so blindly trusting like that again. This whole episode kind of tainted that I think. It showed her that even her closest friends could become enemies in the blink of an eye, and that she was to be extra-careful as to how much she trusts to whom. Which sucks, because Will's been acting mean lately, so it seriously cuts down on whom she can be "Helen" with, you know?
              i love the way amanda played the end of the scene when biggie walks out of her office. her smoothing out her desk top cover, in not so much fixing out a wrinkle, but in a subconscious move of her mind being preoccupied with concern and her (possible) fear that he's not really cured. it's one of those amanda acting things she does that i just so love... along with her million and one facial expressions that can say *so* much without even speaking a word.

/fangirling
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                Okay, so I wasn't sure what to expect of this episode since I'd only seen one promo and decided I was going in with an open mind, especially towards the Will-character since I've been so disappointed in him lately and have voiced that several times here.

Then, the opening scene happens and Will and Declan see the building going down... Argh! Again I rolled my eyes at RD's lack of facial expressions because I honestly can't tell the difference between his sad, surprised, stunned, confused, scared and horrified expressions. At least Declan looked really horrified, knowing Magnus (and someone) was presumably in the building.
                He's mouth hanging open is the only thing he can do lol
                I dejectedly continued to watch the episode and was glad to see Will wasn't even a very major player this time and overall his performance was... okay. I was wondering though, during the 'interrogation', what the difference between LOTUS and SCIU is again. Does anyone know?
                Well Lotus was that world military thing. SCIU (cant remeber what it stands for) seems to be more catch and study

I wonder though why just the room was shielded and not, oh I don't know, just the bed the Crixorum was on? And why didn't he have Biggie lower/disable the shield so he could affect the others at the Sanctuary too? That way they couldn't stop him and he could leave without raising suspicion...
                Its the room, Biggie had to go in to change the IV and stuff.
                I'm guessing as soon as he turned it off they would have noticed. The guy is good, but not that good.
                When I heard Biggie was one of the suicide bombers I immediately wondered if they'd actually kill him off because CH was going to leave the show permanently, since we don't ever see or hear about Druitt either! Glad they saved him though, although the 2 minute-window and their escape was a bit... incredulous.
                A bit worried too. They can still kill him.

I was a bit annoyed with both Magnus and Biggie saying they'd known each other over fifty years since he claimed to have been there since 1951, making it sixty years. I also thought they'd mentioned (nearly/about) 60 years before, but I don't recall when that supposedly happened. I liked how Magnus pointed it out to Addison though, before he was even born, heh.
                They're not very good at math, they keep getting Magnus age wrong so...

Oh and I thought the whole engagement-thing was a bit over the top. I noticed the character seemed to have changed, which is a good thing I guess since I never really liked her (but this didn't make me like her more or anything). But it felt a bit desperate to me, like she clung to the first available guy that came along, since Will and Henry (both of whom she's flirted with in the past) both had girlfriends now. But hey, whatever I can live without Kate.
                Is a promisse bracelet the same has engagement? Could be just an exclusive relashionship. I have a promisse ring, not an engagement ring.

Spoiler:
                I really don't like where this is going. Druitt is really dead? And the stuff about Biggie and Magnus towards the season finale also sounded very ominous. Maybe my initial reaction when hearing Biggie was a suicide bomber wasn't that far off... :cry:
                Spoiler:
                No body no death but CH is busy so for now he is dead. Killing off Biggie and bringing CH back for a few eps has Druitt could be an option for the future. By reading that interview is schedule was INSANE!

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. My random thoughts:

--I watched the episode on iTunes and I almost couldn't finish it because once I got to the part where Addison opens the door and finds Helen brushing a strand of hair behind her ear and his men all lying on the ground, I had to go back and watch it over and over and over. KickAss!Helen is HOT!
                  --I loved everyone's total faith in Biggie and how Helen just knew he had to be under some sort of influence.
                  --I was sure the Crixorum would be making another appearance after Untouchable but I didn't make the immediate connection that he would be behind Biggie's conversion. I thought that was all handled really well. And I loved that Helen threatened to lobotomize him. I wonder if she did it or still will do it.
                  --While I don't hate Kate, I'm also not a huge fan of her character either. In the episode Uprising, she explains that she is going to Hollow Earth because Magnus wants her to go, but it seems obvious that Kate wants to go to be with Garis as well. I actually liked Kate's explanation of how exciting it is in Hollow Earth right now and feeling like everything is about looking toward the future. It does seem like something that would appeal to her character - if there are things in her past she isn't proud of. And obviously the relationship with Garis deepened as well.
                  --The scene between Helen and Biggie was wonderful. More, please!
                  --Whether Biggie's brainwashing has been undone or not, Helen knows what is going on. There is no way she would make that mistake twice. So either she is making sure Biggie is being followed or Biggie is now playing double agent for the Sanctuary. And as someone else mentioned, if Sally is helping Biggie become himself again, wouldn't she know if it was really working or not? I'm in the camp that thinks Biggie is now spying on the bad guys for the Sanctuary.
                  --Liked that Helen asked for help after the van turned over. Didn't understand why they had to say Kate was recovering from surgeries when it SOOOO didn't look like it.
                  --I thought it was interesting that Addison stopped his men from shooting Helen when she and Kate slipped through the gate to run to the hotel. My guess: as much as they are at odds, he knows that Helen has a great deal of knowledge and information from her years of experience with abnormals. (Part of why he wanted to get into the Sanctuary so badly.)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Looking forward to watching the episode again.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I was just thinking...what if Biggie is cured & is now infiltrating the terrorist group...with or without Helen's knowledge...but maybe to make up for what he did...maybe????? It just popped into my fron this morning.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

The episode started off slow for me but once they showed Biggie as a possible terrorist I enjoyed the rest. The plot really worked for me since Helen was shocked and confused with the pictures. Poor Henry, having to show Helen info was heartbreaking for the Little Biggie and Helen. The best scene being when he followed her to the Coma guy.

The ending. WONDERFUL. Perfect setup for a WTf moment.

Agam's more natural hair and look was beautiful. Cool shiny bedspread too.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

and speaking of biggie... was he *really* deprogrammed at the end? is he now going undercover with the hollow earth terrorists, or is he still brainwashed?
                        Exactly what I wondered, but I didn't dare ask you because I thought maybe I missed or didn't understand something when they were speaking in Helen's office.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          I was just thinking...what if Biggie is cured & is now infiltrating the terrorist group...with or without Helen's knowledge...but maybe to make up for what he did...maybe????? It just popped into my fron this morning.
                          I'd love that!
                          sigpic

Comment

I just rewatched Chimera. This is bad, it was Biggies wish to bring the Database to Praxis. Yep, the bad Guys definatly got it.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              That was the only thought I had while I was watching it - because if he's not, the writers would be writing Magnus as incredibly stupid. And that is unacceptable.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              -why is it everyone's love interests are boring?
                              Not everyone can love someone as "interesting" as Jack the Ripper!
                              Last edited by KayLyne; 11 December 2011, 04:13 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

I was rewatching the ep and they all arrive pretty much at the same time. Magnus was already in the air and she was closer, I mean how long does it take to fly from say Canada to Argentina?
                                Cos I can't even find a direct flight from Lisbon to Buenos Aires. They all go to São Paulo first. And it takes like 8h just to do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X