Acolyte (410)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kes View Post
    I was rewatching the ep and they all arrive pretty much at the same time. Magnus was already in the air and she was closer, I mean how long does it take to fly from say Canada to Argentina?
    Cos I can't even find a direct flight from Lisbon to Buenos Aires. They all go to São Paulo first. And it takes like 8h just to do that.
    But Magnus (or the Sanctuary) has her own plane(s), she flew herself. And for some unexplained reason Kate mentioned Will and Declan being held up somewhere.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      But Magnus (or the Sanctuary) has her own plane(s), she flew herself. And for some unexplained reason Kate mentioned Will and Declan being held up somewhere.
      Yes Magnus flew herself but the others (at least to London) flew normal. She should have arrived much sooner then them.

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
        That was the only thought I had while I was watching it - because if he's not, the writers would be writing Magnus as incredibly stupid. And that is unacceptable.
        Or Magnus could be using Biggie, who is duped into thinking he's fooled Magnus, to find the final cells.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Another meh episode.

The Good:
          Kate! I miss her and hate being stuck with Will the incompetent. I am glad they are giving her a happier story-arc.

The Bad:
          What is with the bad medical depictions this season? First Abby and now Kate. If characters have major wounds, they are not tucked up on bed with tiny bandages. It's absurd. My entire household exclaimed at the silliness of Kate in bed with a cute little clean bandage after two surgeries and 5 days of being unconscious. The scene couldn't be filmed in the infirmary, why?

Biggie. OMG! I have never been that fond of Biggie, but he deserved better than random brainwashing that is irreparable. I think Magnus knows he will go back to the cell at the end, and the future for his character does not look bright (which I will support if it brings back Druitt).

The Odd:
          Why wasn't this epsiode before the musical one? It would explain Declan's presence, Biggie's absence, and Will's extreme behavior.

I don't hate this episode, but I don't like it either.
          "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            But Magnus (or the Sanctuary) has her own plane(s), she flew herself. .
            Ok, I'm dating myself. But when we see Magnus in the plane I had a microsecond flash of Wonder Woman and her invisible airplane.

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
              The Odd:
              Why wasn't this epsiode before the musical one? It would explain Declan's presence, Biggie's absence, and Will's extreme behavior.
              That wouldn't explain why Biggie was en-route to Hollow Earth if this episode was before Fugue, and Declane was based at London Sanctuary for the mission to Lisbon and later Bueno Aries, not at the Old City Sanctuary where Fugue was taken place.
              sigpic
              Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                Ok, I'm dating myself. But when we see Magnus in the plane I had a microsecond flash of Wonder Woman and her invisible airplane.
                So did I!!!!!!
                -

Comment

my thought? 'dude, that's a lotta plane for one person'
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    my thought? 'dude, that's a lotta plane for one person'
                    I thought that too...and shoudnt there be at least a co pilot...and maybe a co pilots seat...the cabin looked rather empty.
                    I didn't find they whole Helen flying the plane thing that great. In fact I'd rather she didn't have to look as though she does everything. For once, I wish that when she gets whumped, she doesn't just open her eyes & recover so quickly that she's operating on someone.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                      That was the only thought I had while I was watching it - because if he's not, the writers would be writing Magnus as incredibly stupid. And that is unacceptable.
                      Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                      Or Magnus could be using Biggie, who is duped into thinking he's fooled Magnus, to find the final cells.
                      I don't see it as Magnus being written incredibly stupid...maybe she just doesn't want to believe that her dearest & oldest friend could betray her...ignorance affects us all at some point.
                      Not sure about Magnus using Biggie either but that would be a nice twist...certainly not how it would appear.
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        I thought that too...and shoudnt there be at least a co pilot...and maybe a co pilots seat...the cabin looked rather empty.
                        I didn't find they whole Helen flying the plane thing that great. In fact I'd rather she didn't have to look as though she does everything. For once, I wish that when she gets whumped, she doesn't just open her eyes & recover so quickly that she's operating on someone.

THANK YOU!!! I am of the same opinion. And you said it beautifully... I don't mind much about the plane, but the whump thing has been bothering me for years.

Comment

It's been a plot hole since season one.
                          Like who took the bug outta her brain in Veratis? helen just having to be the one to operate on Adam when medical ethics screamed that she shouldn't have been near him.

I think they need to address how she heals so quickly that she can seemingly, be immune to ouchies. Because they are rather inconsistent with how it's handled.

I know some of it boils down to lack of characters. The same reason Sam did autopseys in SG1 (teryl wasn't available so they used the actor they'd already paid for rather than shelling out thousands for a speaking extra, same reason Daniel was interrogating Walter when he had zero business interrogating anyone on the base)

But even as I know the why, still doesn't absolve it from being a plot hole.

They should at least address it with Will playing the patch up man (he'd have some degree of medical training) or mentioning that some of her contacts still brave SCIU to help - like the ME from the pilot.

It's just a plot hole that occurs regularly, especially with things like Kate. (You know it didn't have to be two surgeries, Will could have said 'you took quite a knock, your memory's been a bit swiss cheesed' or something like that....still fill the need to brief the audience on what's happened without being so completely and totally wrong on a medical basis)

I do think that's what that scene was...an 'omg, we're out of time, we need to boil things down, so here, quick, let's do this'.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                            Ok, they've frakked up Biggie's character too; this season shapes up into the worst season of Sanctuary
                            At least there is a storyline reason for it to be frakked up. Hopefully the will deal more with it. They bailed (for whatever reason) on what could have been great stuff with Ashley and the brainwashing.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Enjoyed this episode. some random thoughts:

-loved the Magnus/Biggie stuff. Helen's defence of him, her confrontation in the parking garage and, especially, the scene in her office. Great job by AT and CH. The writing/acting has made me care about these characters and so these scenes resonate with me. Couldn't help but compare it to the Will/Abby stuff in Fugue. I don't care about their relationship so those scenes did not resonate with me. IMO, Biggie is now a spy or Helen is monitoring him.
                              Yep!

-nice to see Kate again but, again, not a fan of her relationship with Garris. Seemed too quick to me at the beginning and, like someone else mentioned, I think it only sets up never or rarely seeing her if there is a season 5. Can we have less romance on Sanctuary and more concentration on the realtionships between the main characters please?
                              Eh. Some people fall fast. And it's not like we are seeing the romance ad nauseum.

-enjoy Declan. Sorry there wasn't Kate/Henry interaction. Did like Henry's part though. His dejection over Biggie was heart breaking. I also enjoyed the funny bit of one P, one I and two Ss!
                              Yeah. Or Kate(Runt)/Biggie.

-loved the bit with the noise outside Addison's office and when he opens the door we just see Helen adjusting her hair. Classic!
                              I for a second, then thought it was overdone. Short skirt, heels? Seriously?

-I also liked Helen in the van asking for help. Heartbreaking moment.

-have to agree with the comments about Kate in bed. Similar to Abbey in Fugue. They should really have been in the infirmary.
                              Yep. Wouldn't have been that hard to use the infirmary. Really? Helen did 2 surgeries? Like she's have been in any shape to?

-I didn't have time to comment on Fugue but thought Will was an idiot. Blasts Helen for the action she took but she saved Abbey's life. Thought he loved her, would he rather she have died? Blames Helen for not considering other options. What options? At the end he doesn't apologise, she does... WT??? What has that got to do with this episode? There is no spill over. Not this week, not last. Seems like things are back to normal. Inconsistent to me.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I agree. Honestly, I'm not seeing this season as any darker than any other.
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Oh! Also, SCUI... does anyone else think of SPEW? Every time I hear them us the name, all I can do is giggle and think of the Society for the Protection of Elvish Welfare.
                                Spoiler:
                                Poor Hermione. Ron *would* pick up on that acronym.
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                                X