Acolyte (410)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    I was thinking the same thing...Kate should have been in the infirmary not in her own bed if she had indeed sustained the injuries Will had described...I don't like how they brush over the whump so carelessly. Even Helen's injuries were bad enough.
    And they were back at the Sanctuary. They should have stayed in Argentina.

Comment

hm... not sure what i thought of the ep. i was kind of bored at the beginning, and slight distracted since my roommate was talking to me. but as the episode went on it definitely picked up.

i love seeing kate again, especially seeing her and magnas interact. plus declan is always good .

as for biggie, i had the feeling that he wasn't really better, and i'm sure magnas thought the same thing. my guess is that she is tracking him somehow.
      sigpic

Comment

I also regret there not being more Kate/Biggie moments. They have a good bond. I wish they'd followed through on Kate's desire to see him. Might've been a nice moment...

Again... Fic territory right there!

And one more thing-- I was pleasantly surprised when Addison stopped his guys from shooting Magnus and Kate. The way he did it, perhaps the note of vehemence in his voice, made it quite clear that he did have some scruples... And I find I respect him a lot more now than I did before. It added another level to the character that I think might be explored by the end of the season. Do I see him possibly coming to the Sanctuary's side? Maybe. Would I want that? Maybe. I haven't decided yet. I kind of like him as is. But maybe he'll just be slightly more sympathetic to the Sanctuary's cause, and maybe respect them a bit more? I dunno...
        Last edited by selene0789; 10 December 2011, 05:53 AM. Reason: One more thing

Comment

About Kate being in bed instead of the infirmary...I'm thinking she was in the infirmary for the most part and she was getting better. Probably moved her when she was stable and they knew she would wake up soon they moved her where she would be more comfortabe.
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Ok, they've frakked up Biggie's character too; this season shapes up into the worst season of Sanctuary

Comment

I enjoyed this ep far more that I expected. I have never been a big fan of Kate or Biggie, but they both did really well in this ep, and Biggie's got really interesting!!

Loved kick-ass Helen - when Addison looked out of his office, all his guys were down and she was as elegant as always

Helen in the wracked truck was a very nice moment too.

Loved both the writing and the acting. It was an above average ep in my opinion (but then, most of season 4 seems to be way above average for me).

PS:
              Oh, and I loved the Tesla reference of course! *melts*
              "Are you like, a crazy person?"
              "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

You know, I've been thinking about the whole explosion thing... And considering that they had two minutes to pick up Biggie, drag him to the van, and then drive as far as they could before the bombs blew, I think the fact that none of them had their eardrums blown is a little unrealistic. I remember watching a mythbusters episode about where to hide if a bomb blows, and behind which kinds of barriers at which distance would provide the most life-sustaining results... Poor Buster. It did not end well for him or any of his brethren.

And I've seen other specials on what happens to human innards when caught in a concussive blast like that... Don't worry. I'm probably sure it'll end up in my tag fic one day

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                  You know, I've been thinking about the whole explosion thing... And considering that they had two minutes to pick up Biggie, drag him to the van, and then drive as far as they could before the bombs blew, I think the fact that none of them had their eardrums blown is a little unrealistic. I remember watching a mythbusters episode about where to hide if a bomb blows, and behind which kinds of barriers at which distance would provide the most life-sustaining results... Poor Buster. It did not end well for him or any of his brethren.

And I've seen other specials on what happens to human innards when caught in a concussive blast like that... Don't worry. I'm probably sure it'll end up in my tag fic one day
                  at least they didn't turn the scene into a cliche and have gas leaking from the van with the possibility of it blowing up. I liked the fact that it was calm & quiet as we get the crane shot up to the van and seeing Magnus.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                    at least they didn't turn the scene into a cliche and have gas leaking from the van with the possibility of it blowing up. I liked the fact that it was calm & quiet as we get the crane shot up to the van and seeing Magnus.
                    Very true. That would have been horribly hollow. Especially considering how far away any kind of help was... And I think I'm just a little too fond of true whump. Heheheheh...

Comment

Enjoyed this episode. some random thoughts:

-loved the Magnus/Biggie stuff. Helen's defence of him, her confrontation in the parking garage and, especially, the scene in her office. Great job by AT and CH. The writing/acting has made me care about these characters and so these scenes resonate with me. Couldn't help but compare it to the Will/Abby stuff in Fugue. I don't care about their relationship so those scenes did not resonate with me. IMO, Biggie is now a spy or Helen is monitoring him.

-nice to see Kate again but, again, not a fan of her relationship with Garris. Seemed too quick to me at the beginning and, like someone else mentioned, I think it only sets up never or rarely seeing her if there is a season 5. Can we have less romance on Sanctuary and more concentration on the realtionships between the main characters please?

-enjoy Declan. Sorry there wasn't Kate/Henry interaction. Did like Henry's part though. His dejection over Biggie was heart breaking. I also enjoyed the funny bit of one P, one I and two Ss!

-loved the bit with the noise outside Addison's office and when he opens the door we just see Helen adjusting her hair. Classic!

-lots going on in this episode to keep you interested

-I also liked Helen in the van asking for help. Heartbreaking moment.

-have to agree with the comments about Kate in bed. Similar to Abbey in Fugue. They should really have been in the infirmary.

-I didn't have time to comment on Fugue but thought Will was an idiot. Blasts Helen for the action she took but she saved Abbey's life. Thought he loved her, would he rather she have died? Blames Helen for not considering other options. What options? At the end he doesn't apologise, she does... WT??? What has that got to do with this episode? There is no spill over. Not this week, not last. Seems like things are back to normal. Inconsistent to me.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post

Also 4 "guys" managed to bring down the building like it was a control detonation. Not enough explosives for what we saw no matter how well placed they were.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

I also enjoyed the funny bit of one P, one I and two Ss!
                        Nitpicking: In the actual name it has no P.

Still a bad name thou lol
                        Last edited by kes; 10 December 2011, 08:39 AM.

Comment

I thought it was a good episode--kept me interested throughout.

Good to see Kate again--and especially working with Magnus. I'd like to see more of that.
                          Having a promise band from the Hollow EArth guy already seems a bit quick--especially for Kate with her emotional walls...

I was glad they didn't have Kate and Magnus escape the building unscathed. Magnus was clearly hurt. Sometimes they make her a bit too indestructo. But then in the next moment I was disappointed as Magnus was apparently recovered enough to do surgery on Kate almost immediately and then Kate is in her own bed with a tiny bandage (though she at least looked tired) after being unconscious for a week & 2 surgeries. puhleez.

I also liked Magnus in ruthless mode with the Crixorum (sp). "I've never done the surgery but..."

I think (hope) Bigfoot is on a spy mission for Magnus at the end. Lovely scene between them at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                            What does the suicide bomber screams? I can't understand him.
                            "From below we Rise!"
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Okay, so I wasn't sure what to expect of this episode since I'd only seen one promo and decided I was going in with an open mind, especially towards the Will-character since I've been so disappointed in him lately and have voiced that several times here.

Then, the opening scene happens and Will and Declan see the building going down... Argh! Again I rolled my eyes at RD's lack of facial expressions because I honestly can't tell the difference between his sad, surprised, stunned, confused, scared and horrified expressions. At least Declan looked really horrified, knowing Magnus (and someone) was presumably in the building.

I dejectedly continued to watch the episode and was glad to see Will wasn't even a very major player this time and overall his performance was... okay. I was wondering though, during the 'interrogation', what the difference between LOTUS and SCIU is again. Does anyone know?

I was surprised to hear Henry say he couldn't hack into all those databases or at least couldn't find the information they needed before being discovered and was a bit disappointed, because I thought he was so good at that stuff?

Poor Biggie! Of course that darn Crixorum was behind his latest actions! I knew something was up with him from the video footage we saw with him talking about taking over the surface and being a prisoner there, blah blah. It just sounded weird for him to refer to it as "the surface". I wonder though why just the room was shielded and not, oh I don't know, just the bed the Crixorum was on? And why didn't he have Biggie lower/disable the shield so he could affect the others at the Sanctuary too? That way they couldn't stop him and he could leave without raising suspicion...

When I heard Biggie was one of the suicide bombers I immediately wondered if they'd actually kill him off because CH was going to leave the show permanently, since we don't ever see or hear about Druitt either! Glad they saved him though, although the 2 minute-window and their escape was a bit... incredulous.

I was a bit annoyed with both Magnus and Biggie saying they'd known each other over fifty years since he claimed to have been there since 1951, making it sixty years. I also thought they'd mentioned (nearly/about) 60 years before, but I don't recall when that supposedly happened. I liked how Magnus pointed it out to Addison though, before he was even born, heh.

When is Will going to stop calling Henry "H"?! Argh, it's driving me crazy! How old are they, five? Just because everyone has nicknames for everyone except Will (and maybe Magnus) doesn't mean he should start calling people by their initial.

The Kate-scene at the end made me roll my eyes; oh yes, you've been out for a week, but we just put you in a t-shirt and propped you up uncomfortably in your own bed because we didn't think you'd need to stay in the infirmary to be fed intravenously or need fluids, antibiotics or any other kind of medication. Nor would you need a catheter or anything, since we're not feeding you. I'm just going to imagine this wasn't the first time she'd woken up but was too out of it at the time to realize it and moved to her old room this morning or something.

I'm not even going to start about them going from wherever it was the SCIU meeting was supposed to be to the Sanctuary while Kate was sooooo injured she needed Magnus (of all people!) to operate her, after the good doctor had been in the same accident as Kate!

Oh and I thought the whole engagement-thing was a bit over the top. I noticed the character seemed to have changed, which is a good thing I guess since I never really liked her (but this didn't make me like her more or anything). But it felt a bit desperate to me, like she clung to the first available guy that came along, since Will and Henry (both of whom she's flirted with in the past) both had girlfriends now. But hey, whatever I can live without Kate.

The moment between Magnus and Biggie was touching at the end, but I felt his progress was a bit fast and was like "oh crap" when he stopped his car and knocked on the door. I'm thinking Magnus is keeping an eye on him, not trusting him completely and that she'll use this to her benefit for her big plan. I do think it's sad though that again someone close to her has been turned in this war... first her fiance, her daughter and after losing a lot of loved ones now one of her closest friends, whom she's known for 60 years, has been brainwashed. Poor Helen. She's so awesome, kickass, beautiful, smart and yet must be so... lonely.

ETA:

Oh, just read the interview with CH in the spoiler topic and now

Spoiler:
                              I really don't like where this is going. Druitt is really dead? And the stuff about Biggie and Magnus towards the season finale also sounded very ominous. Maybe my initial reaction when hearing Biggie was a suicide bomber wasn't that far off... :cry:
                              Last edited by fems; 10 December 2011, 11:05 AM.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I liked the episode. It was good seeing Kate again especially teaming up with Magnus, and I always like it when Declan is in an episode.

But, Biggie.....NO!!!!!!! I hope he is playing an angle and I'm sure Magnus sent him out to track his whereabouts. The scene at the between Biggie and Helen was quite touching. I loved it.

Are we going to see an episode of the new Hollow Earth and what Kate has been doing there in the effort to rebuild?

Overall, a good episode and I will be rewatching it again (but not as much as I have rewatched Tempus & Chimera )

Comment

Working...
                                X