Tempus (401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
    You know, I think a lot of the other house heads were killed by Ashley and her crew. The network was sort of struggling after that, combining houses and such. I wouldn't be surprised if Will WAS actually one of the most informed, seeing that he had Helen to pat him on the head for so long. (And I am by no means a Will fan.)
    Yeah, I hear ya. But I am going to try this next week to give him one more chance at being the Will "I" want him to be. That person is in my head, I just wished the writers and Robin could see it. It is an amazing character you all would adore. And in no way resembles a teenager.

Comment

Pretty sure I have much the same unrealized idea of that character, Steff. More studious, not so bossy, not so easily riled... Someone less *reactive* in general.
      Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
      Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Pretty sure I have much the same unrealized idea of that character, Steff. More studious, not so bossy, not so easily riled... Someone less *reactive* in general.
        That is it.... he does seem to be in constant vexation mood against work. The whole thing that it is good for Will to call Helen on things is old. He just comes across as the teenager that you just asked to mow the lawn and he complains about how stupid Mom and Dad are.

Comment

i appreciated the season 1 will more. more serious, wore the glasses , so on.

as soon as he rode a motorcycle and did the cool hair thing, i started seeing more robin in will than will.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            i appreciated the season 1 will more. more serious, wore the glasses , so on.

as soon as he rode a motorcycle and did the cool hair thing, i started seeing more robin in will than will.
            And Less Robin is the key. It is amazing that Amanda and others, such as some on Stargate, are able to joke up to the minute they call Action and immediately transform into character. But Robin stays himself way too many times for me to see the Will of season 1 that I thought had potential. And I never thought I would say this about a cute looking guy but if I see his arse one more time I will not be responsible for the violent reaction that will escape my being.

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
              And Less Robin is the key. It is amazing that Amanda and others, such as some on Stargate, are able to joke up to the minute they call Action and immediately transform into character. But Robin stays himself way too many times for me to see the Will of season 1 that I thought had potential. And I never thought I would say this about a cute looking guy but if I see his arse one more time I will not be responsible for the violent reaction that will escape my being.
              I don't think he's so bad. But I do agree he's devolved since Season 1. Kinda like Tony on NCIS, who's a caricature of the character he used to be in the earlier seasons.

If they want Will to have the weight he's meant to have, calling Magnus out on stuff and all that, then he needs to step up. Otherwise, he's an overindulged child. Hopefully this week's episode will allow us to see a bit of Will stepping up. I don't know why Declan wouldn't try to be head of the global network (possibly cuz he just doesn't want to deal with the coming $#!*storm first hand, I think) but if they're gonna defer to Will, then he better measure up.

And I also have to wonder, how much of Will might be changed by the flap of the butterfly's wings that was Adam's and Magnus' trip back in time. Maybe this will give them a chance to flip a switch on his character and go "There. Better!Will is locked and loaded. Aaaaaand ACTION!"

But of course, that's all speculation.

Comment

I agree about Will. It's like in s1 Robin was serious about doing a job....then in season 2 and 3 the 'boys club' set up with him and ryan and damian and martin and they started having so much fun that Robin gets lost in the fun and we get Assistant Goofball, tossing tizzies and throwing tantrums. It's like as helen gets older he gets younger. then you get episodes with the focus on Will and we get 'gems' like date night.

stop trying to MAKE him cool and fit in or whatever and just let him be....and tell Robin to stop goofing around and do a JOB instead of a joke.

that was one thing I liked about Kate....prior to her Will was the 'baby' of the sanctuary. He was the new guy so was taken care of and catered to. but iwth Kate there he had to grow up a bit. (like how Teal'c in s6 went from token alien making 'what is an oprah' jokes to big brother to jonas). Will needs to grow up and stay grown up. He can still have fun, just stop being the goof. it's old and tiring
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  ...Will needs to grow up and stay grown up. He can still have fun, just stop being the goof. it's old and tiring
                  I'll give you another solution.
                  What if the replaced Robin Dunne with a good actor? That would be great. Or maybe even remmove the character of Will. Like kill him off or something. Yeah that would be a huge relief.

Comment

You know, I think a lot of the other house heads were killed by Ashley and her crew. The network was sort of struggling after that, combining houses and such. I wouldn't be surprised if Will WAS actually one of the most informed, seeing that he had Helen to pat him on the head for so long. (And I am by no means a Will fan.)
                    He's the most central to what's happening, I'll give him that. Didn't we see other heads of house in the Kali arc, though? Not all of them were killed by the Cabal, and even then, of the seconds who took over most of them would have more time with the Sanctuary than Will. But anyway, I know it comes down to the needs of the plot to put him in charge, it just kind of bugs me.

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                      What if the replaced Robin Dunne with a good actor? That would be great. Or maybe even remmove the character of Will. Like kill him off or something. Yeah that would be a huge relief.
                      NO MORE DEATHS!

My poor little fangirl heart wouldn't be able to take it!

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                        NO MORE DEATHS!

My poor little fangirl heart wouldn't be able to take it!
                        What if they did it to Kate?? That would be terrible.
                        I would rather see it happen to Will.
                        Anybody knows why Kate is a guest star on this season?

Comment

Wait--what?

Kate's a guest star? Well, in the US, technically all but AT is a guest star in the credits, cuz they cut the credit music so short, and AT's name is listed twice-- both "AT in Sanctuary" and then after the opening credits with "starring AT".

But really?! Kate's a guest star? That would suck. Where did you hear this? Is Agam Darshi doing (or, has done. whatever. timing is weird.) some other stuff that would keep her from doing more filming for Sanctuary?

Comment

What if they did it to Kate?? That would be terrible.
                            I would rather see it happen to Will.
                            Anybody knows why Kate is a guest star on this season?
                            Yes Terrible.
                            Yes. Me too. hehe
                            Yes and so will you see too.

Comment

But really?! Kate's a guest star? That would suck. Where did you hear this? Is Agam Darshi doing (or, has done. whatever. timing is weird.) some other stuff that would keep her from doing more filming for Sanctuary?
                              Actually I heard it on this very thread.
                              I don't know why. That's what I was asking.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                                She'll probably have a reduced role; I can see her appearing only at the end of the episode, or during its climax and helping Will resolve the crisis
                                Yeah, but I assume that will still be FutureHelen who's just replaced PastHelen (who went back in time like FutureHelen did in the premiere) and has another 113 years of life experience. I highly doubt it would be PastHelen that's in the end of this ep.

Will will NEVER be mature enough for her, no matter how cute the shippers think they are together. Talk about a cougar... Oh my!
                                It's probably worse than a cougar! Compared to 273 years anyone who's not part of The Five or has prolonged their life in Hollow Earth would be like a baby... Magnus the cradle robber! I mean, for normal people it's got to be weird when someone's parent is dating someone who's closer to you in age than their own parent, for Magnus practically everyone would be closer to how old Ashley would have been.

what I think it's going to be like is....

[...]

I'm thinking 402 will be the same way. 'meanwhile, back at the future'....what Will & co experience will likely be like Tempus, from the instant of the fade to black last season.
                                Yeah, but I expect that FutureHelen will be back in the end of 402... probably once the immediate threat is handled by Will and co.

Originally posted by lillypilly View Post
                                Also if Magnus returns right from the start of the episode, there would be no reason for Will to be made acting head of the network (which, I so do not get. There's no one more senior amongst the other sanctuary heads? Really?).

Although, I do expect her to come back towards the end of the ep, final act maybe, to pop back up all SURPRISE YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHERE I'VE BEEN and start pulling all sorts of awesome, mysterious crap all over the place that will no doubt drive us all mad trying to figure out what's going on.
                                Indeed. I would even prefer Declan to Will (in general or this position, really) since he's been Watson's 2IC in London for years.

I think Declan and some others would have more experience. Hell, Biggie would probably do a better job than Will as acting head of the Sanctuary network.

Yeah, I hear ya. But I am going to try this next week to give him one more chance at being the Will "I" want him to be. That person is in my head, I just wished the writers and Robin could see it. It is an amazing character you all would adore. And in no way resembles a teenager.
                                I like him already.

Wait, you think he's cute? I thought he was quite average looking.

I don't think he's so bad. But I do agree he's devolved since Season 1. Kinda like Tony on NCIS, who's a caricature of the character he used to be in the earlier seasons.

If they want Will to have the weight he's meant to have, calling Magnus out on stuff and all that, then he needs to step up. Otherwise, he's an overindulged child. Hopefully this week's episode will allow us to see a bit of Will stepping up. I don't know why Declan wouldn't try to be head of the global network (possibly cuz he just doesn't want to deal with the coming $#!*storm first hand, I think) but if they're gonna defer to Will, then he better measure up.

And I also have to wonder, how much of Will might be changed by the flap of the butterfly's wings that was Adam's and Magnus' trip back in time. Maybe this will give them a chance to flip a switch on his character and go "There. Better!Will is locked and loaded. Aaaaaand ACTION!"

But of course, that's all speculation.
                                Yeah, I feel like Will's trying too hard to be one of the gang and do cool stuff with Kate, Biggie and Henry while Momma Magnus is running the show. He's supposed to be able to take over from Magnus, but lately it seems he's hardly acting as her protege or learning anything from her. All I recall him doing is calling Magnus on things he doesn't understand or agrees with and demanding she tells him every little detail about her life and then being angry when she's been "holding out on him". That's not really being a protege in my opinion.

I agree about Will. It's like in s1 Robin was serious about doing a job....then in season 2 and 3 the 'boys club' set up with him and ryan and damian and martin and they started having so much fun that Robin gets lost in the fun and we get Assistant Goofball, tossing tizzies and throwing tantrums. It's like as helen gets older he gets younger. then you get episodes with the focus on Will and we get 'gems' like date night.

stop trying to MAKE him cool and fit in or whatever and just let him be....and tell Robin to stop goofing around and do a JOB instead of a joke.

that was one thing I liked about Kate....prior to her Will was the 'baby' of the sanctuary. He was the new guy so was taken care of and catered to. but iwth Kate there he had to grow up a bit. (like how Teal'c in s6 went from token alien making 'what is an oprah' jokes to big brother to jonas). Will needs to grow up and stay grown up. He can still have fun, just stop being the goof. it's old and tiring
                                I agree with most of what you said, but reading it suddenly made me realize that maybe Abby isn't that bad of a match for him... It makes me wonder what the job requirements for behavioral experts for the FBI are and what they teach those people.

Agreed.

Originally posted by lillypilly View Post
                                He's the most central to what's happening, I'll give him that. Didn't we see other heads of house in the Kali arc, though? Not all of them were killed by the Cabal, and even then, of the seconds who took over most of them would have more time with the Sanctuary than Will. But anyway, I know it comes down to the needs of the plot to put him in charge, it just kind of bugs me.
                                Yes, but I really feel he's ill-equipped for the job. Hum, maybe Magnus realizes this and things will look up in the rest of the season!
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X