Tempus (401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Magnus of the past was rather more submissive than Magnus of the present. And was expected to defer to the men.
    I think Helen was a bit more submissive, but also simply knew she needed to be subtle. Magnus doesn't have to play around with letting the men think they're in charge.

When Magnus says "I got overexcited" as her excuse for being out and getting into trouble, you know that she knows that's the kind of excuse an 1890s woman would be expected to make. And I love that Watson doesn't really buy it either.

Comment

yeah. I got the idea that helen was saying what she was expected to say
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        I think Helen was a bit more submissive, but also simply knew she needed to be subtle. Magnus doesn't have to play around with letting the men think they're in charge.

When Magnus says "I got overexcited" as her excuse for being out and getting into trouble, you know that she knows that's the kind of excuse an 1890s woman would be expected to make. And I love that Watson doesn't really buy it either.
        Reminds me of a scene in Law & Order: SVU, where Munch is going off at the mouth and starts talking about "hysteria", and how the cure for female hysteria was:
        Spoiler:
        O-R-G-A-S-M

*spoilered for mature content (heheheh)

Comment

better that than a slap in the face i guess
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm re-watching this again (because its *that* good) and I have to say, my favorite line has got to be when Watson retrieves Helen from the jail, and he goes "And your hair! For god's sake, when did you do that?!"

The delivery gets me every time. Close runner up is when he turns on her iPhone. His eyes go all big, and he's just so taken aback... I love Watson. He's fabulous.

Comment

best episode of the season so far. *salutes helen*

not hard when you've got a helen heavy focused ep. and the lovely actors that make up the 5!
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                i wish this helen (the helen we've been following) could bring back *that* watson, back into the future!

(well, helen's current and watson's future )
                Id love that too! I miss Watson. He was one of my faves............ STILL is one of my faves
                But i dont know how she would manage since she 'cant tamper with what is occuring.. otherwise she would 'change the course of history'
                Must suck to live 113 years... ALL OVER AGAIN
                Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                - Doctor Who (series 7)
                - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

This is by far my favourite non-Tesla episodes. Brillaint acting by AT, PW, CH and IT. After several rewarch I still freak out when Druitt threatens past Helen with a razor, and my heart sinks when past Adam finds Imogen dead on the street, unknowing it was his future self who killed her. Helen's burning desire to stop future Adam from changing the timeline blinds her to the possibility that she herself could also be liable for altering the future, and I wonder how much involvement did Helen has in designing that life-sustaining gear for Watson.

If there is a Season 5 pls bring Watson back for a eppy or two!
                  sigpic
                  Sign by me

Comment

And finally Sancturary airs in the UK.

1. Should have guessed Watson would show up here, and he's too smart for Helen's bluffs, and Helen should have known it.

2. She should have also found somewhere to crash other than her own 1898 place, I'd initially assumed that she knew that her younger self would be out of town.

3. The second guessing of which Adam would show up from scene to scene was good.

4. Didn't call Spring heeled Jack being the latest killer as I wasn't sure of the Ripper timeline.

Not one of Helen's finest hours but good to see her back anyway and it'll be ibnteresting to see how things play out in the 21st century.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                      And finally Sancturary airs in the UK.

1. Should have guessed Watson would show up here, and he's too smart for Helen's bluffs, and Helen should have known it.

2. She should have also found somewhere to crash other than her own 1898 place, I'd initially assumed that she knew that her younger self would be out of town.

3. The second guessing of which Adam would show up from scene to scene was good.

4. Didn't call Spring heeled Jack being the latest killer as I wasn't sure of the Ripper timeline.

Not one of Helen's finest hours but good to see her back anyway and it'll be ibnteresting to see how things play out in the 21st century.
                      I have to respectfully, but firmly nonetheless, disagree with you on the bolded part. To each his own, and all that, but this episode is the singlemost gripping hour of television I've seen to date.

True, I built it up during the hiatus, wondering where and how they were going to run with the last-minute time travel in Into the Black. While watching I was constantly trying to anticipate what would happen next (and was never right ) and I was sitting on the edge of my seat the entire time.

I loved seeing Watson again, and the nuances of watching him interact with a Helen he was both familiar and unfamiliar with. The quality of acting from all involved parties blew my mind. And I have to say, that scene with Helen and John in the study just about stopped my heart. Even if I wasn't a casual shipper, the level of tension in that study bled through the screen and gripped me by the gut.

I look forward to a Season 5, just to see if they could deliver an episode that might match the quality of this one. THIS episode is why I watch television.

[/rant]

Comment

I quite liked this ep (and haven't seen any past it... yet).
                        Relating to some of the earlier discussion, I'd thought that maybe the 'century' Ashley was frozen for was only an approximate century, but I checked the transcript and it clearly says over a century so yeah, that does seem to cause some timeline issues - what with the source blood and the proposal occurring subsequently.
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Really pleased Sanctuary is back on in the UK - fills the void on Friday now that Walking Dead has finished.

Must admit i didn't find this the greatest season opener - the trailers on Watch had kept talking about Hollow Earth so I'd been expecting this story. I liked Spring-heeled Jack, good seeing Watson again and hopefully that is the end of Adam. Enough to keep me watching but not as gripping as previous season starters.

Comment

best ep of the season, hands down!

sanctuary should have been 'the helen magnus show!'
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I adore the Victorian era and it was lovely to watch the characters in this time period. I totes enjoy flashback episodes.
                              I've often wondered how people back then would react to our technology like James did. Lol that was good acting when he turned Helen's phone on and it jingled.
                              I wish they'd elaborate on all the things Helen did while she relived 113 years.
                              Fabulous episode!

Comment

Yes, I regret we didn't get more Victorian Helen over the run of the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X