Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by es! View Post
    Lol! I see you are putting some extra effort into your school!
    When is your test? I will be offline for two weeks beginning with Jan, 22.

Haha! I know, I'm awful! :/

Oh, its the beginning of Jan
    sigpic
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

Comment

Great, you know where you can find me
      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

es, I actually tried reading ff in Swedish but that didn't work too well because 1) I didn't understand a thing and 2) there is little Swedish ff to read, and even less is interesting for me I wish I could study Russian instead, I'd be roughly 300 times more motivated because I actually see and hear it daily, not two times in decade outside of a classroom, but no...!

Ok, I'll have to stop my rambling about Swedish before you all get too bored to my OT

The fic I am currently working is Teslen... or, well, not that much, but Helen and Nikola are in it so it is close enough

Tesla's speech is giving me some extra headache (I don't write in English and his speech translates somewhat badly), and Kate is just a nightmare to write. Henry is doing much better after last night but I am not 100 % happy... Luckily I had common sense to choose Will kind of a main character, he is always the most easy to write

Tesla is trying his best to hijack the plot, I have heard he does that often But I won't let him, I already know how I'll keep him down, mwahahaha, and he won't be enjoying it

Comment

I was actually talking about watching Sanctuary in Swedish

And I know, Tesla tends to hijack stories! You could keep him busy snogging with Helen, ya know *innocent whistle*

Comment

I don't think Swedish dup exists If it does, I am so going to check how Tesla sounds in it Swedish

Subs... Maybe I'll rewatch Sanctuary with Swedish subs

Comment

I've just read the story you rec'd. Here's the link for everybody: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7685571/..._the_bBullet_b
              Go read it folks, it's AMAZING.
              It's not fluffy but full of wit and hotness and brilliance.
              I've left my review. Now I feel bad about all this story being in one long chapter because I've forgotten to say something in my review I guess I was too overwhelmed

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                And I should be enrolling the courses I want or have to attend next period but blah, it is only one course and but that is the most difficult for me in the whole school: mandatory Swedish. I can't introduce myself with the language, I can't tell the difference between it and some other languages, and I am supposed to talk with it about the subjects I study. Yeah, no problem, my dictionaries don't even know the words I should be using!

I need a miracle because without it, I think I'll pass the course around 3012.
                And as for Swedish... huh, difficult. I've heard once that you need three reasons to learn a foreign language successfully. The first one is to pass the course in your case. Maybe you find a Swede to talk to here on the forums and this person will be your second reason? The third reason could be Sanctuary in Swedish!

No seriously. I remember I fled from my German courses in high school. I thought I would never learn that terrible language. Now I am fluent in it Everything is just a question of motivation

Learning a new language which you have little interest in or opportunity to use is a pain in the a$$, FromOutside. I once attended a French language course for a year and as much as I was interested in the language I didn't have the chance to use in my daily life so now I forgot about 80% of the thing I've learnt. I was thinking about taking up the language all over again but as es! said it's the motive that I'm lack of.

I've read somewhere before that the best motive and way to learn a new language is to have a boy/girlfriend who speaks that language, so I better find a French man to fall in love with. Oh! I can't leave Nikola behind, so I'm going to be a busy gal then!
                sigpic
                Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                  I've read somewhere before that the best motive and way to learn a new language is to have a boy/girlfriend who speaks that language, so I better find a French man to fall in love with. Oh! I can't leave Nikola behind, so I'm going to be a busy gal then!
                  Yes, it's a proven fact that emotional attachment helps a great deal with learning - anything, not just foreign languages.

I had a splendid idea of watching The Score in French yesterday in hopes that Jonathon dubbed his own part. But alas, Jon doesn't speak French apparently And there I thought all Canadians would speak French

Comment

I had a splendid idea of watching The Score in French yesterday in hopes that Jonathon dubbed his own part. But alas, Jon doesn't speak French apparently And there I thought all Canadians would speak French
                    With all those French-Canadian jokes around I have the perception that Canadian-Canadians and French-Canadians are not getting along with each other very well. Perhaps someone from Canada could clarify that for me.
                    sigpic
                    Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                      With all those French-Canadian jokes around I have the perception that Canadian-Canadians and French-Canadians are not getting along with each other very well. Perhaps someone from Canada could clarify that for me.
                      Nah, I don't believe in such stereotypes.
                      I just think that Canadian-Canadians are so often exposed to French that they usually speak it *shrugs*

Comment

69TH time watching Chimera (since it first was released)

glad to be a shipper... just saying
                        Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                        - Doctor Who (series 7)
                        - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                        - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                        - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                        - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

I watched Sanctuary for None 1/2 yesterday I can't wait to see the final! The cliffhanger is evil and so much is going on in so many levels!

Spoiler:
                          Poor Nikola, I felt sorry for him But he got what he deserved, kind of... But I think he was maybe kicked out because of his history with Helen, or because he did too little testing on abnormals. No sane person kicks out someone like him because of some mostly harmless funding scheme. I think Nikola became a danger and he was played out. Maybe he even came to Sanctuary for safety.

RE: earlier discussion, I think Nikola wasn't trying to make Helen jealous when he referred to that woman whose name he didn't remember. He didn't have an eye contact with Helen (or anyone else) and he didn't seem to be waiting any kind of a reaction.

I think Helen wasn't trying to cheer Nikola up because he didn't seem to be that sad. After all that was just a job and he had energy to whine and keep his timetable to destroy Helen's wines Losing the job undoubtedly was a nasty setback but immortality had to help to live with that kind of setbacks, so maybe Helen thinks that after some moping Tesla will see it from more sensible perspective.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgOz4...ature=youtu.be

this is meant for new years.. but oh well
                            Enjoy!!
                            Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                            - Doctor Who (series 7)
                            - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                            - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                            - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                            - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Great, you know where you can find me
                              Yessuree, thanks

I've just read the story you rec'd. Here's the link for everybody: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7685571/..._the_bBullet_b
                              Go read it folks, it's AMAZING.
                              It's not fluffy but full of wit and hotness and brilliance.
                              I've left my review. Now I feel bad about all this story being in one long chapter because I've forgotten to say something in my review I guess I was too overwhelmed
                              I hate it when you review and forget to say something!! I think I nearly logged out and reviewed again because I really wanted to say something! But when the author replies, I usually tell them it then, if I remember that is...

Yes, it's a proven fact that emotional attachment helps a great deal with learning - anything, not just foreign languages.
                              Bolded: Maybe thats why I can remember every Sanctuary episode name, all the plots and backstories etcetc but not any of my school lessons

Nah, I don't believe in such stereotypes.
                              I just think that Canadian-Canadians are so often exposed to French that they usually speak it *shrugs*
                              Chris Heyerdahl can speak fluent French....in fact, he sounds rather handsome when he speaks it

Originally posted by iJOKE View Post
                              69TH time watching Chimera (since it first was released)

glad to be a shipper... just saying
                              I think that must be some sort of record!! Congrats!

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                              I watched Sanctuary for None 1/2 yesterday I can't wait to see the final! The cliffhanger is evil and so much is going on in so many levels!
                              I KNOWW! I so can't wait till tomorrow (when its online and I can watch it)!!!!!
                              Spoiler:
                              THE KISSS!!!! *dies*

Enjoy!!
                              I commented! I loved it!! And I knew I knew this song from somewhere! DJearworm is epic!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                              'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                              : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                              I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                              Indeed

Comment

Enjoy!!
                                Yay! Love the vid! It's awesome, all the tiny clips that fit perfectly together! The POOF! and the ending are just brilliant!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X