No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed! Now if only our thoughts on the unplanned kiss is accurate That would definitely make my year!

*ruffles for telepathy*
    sigpic
    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

*purr purr purr* If Helen were here she'd be having a field day about that one little comment
      On the edge of breaking down
      sigpic
      Banner made by me

Comment

That means more AWESOME banners and wallies, right??? I can't wait until next month!

*wishes she had a TARDIS and travelled forward in time*
        sigpic
        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

I'll see what I can come up with
          On the edge of breaking down
          sigpic
          Banner made by me

Comment

For those of you who didn't understand my Helen comment: I was referring to the (mythical?) Helen of Troy, who was married to a Greek king/prince/official-y dude (I don't remember the actual storyline, but I'm sure wikipedia does), stolen by/ran away with Paris (some dude from Troy), and when her husband found out, he started the Trojan War to go rescue her. I think she also has gods in her bloodline, but then, most kings and queens were direct descendants of one god or another in those days.

Also, I like the depth of this conversation, even if it means there's a lot to read Eh, I'm just a nerd and I love having deep philosophical discussions outside of when I have to. Oh well.

EDIT: The wikipedia page is actually quite informative, if you want to know more.
            Call me Lucy!

Proud Teslen + River/Doctor + Janto + Peter/Olivia + Conby Shipper!

Sanctuary, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Fringe, Warehouse 13, and Primeval fangirl!

Please read my writing! Seeing what I had fun writing enjoyed by others is what makes my work worth it.
            ff.net||blog||figment

Comment

It makes sense to me, to drop the comment about their adlibbing/changing of playing relationship one day, then drop in the next about an improv kiss.
              It does seem to make the most sense...hopefully.

Love your fics! And welcome!
              Thank you

I agree - I do think they were in love at Oxford, but I do think Helen/Nikola were closest in other ways (friendship ways), which is why it would be so great now at this time of their lives to finally get together
              I totally agree! I don't doubt that Helen loved John, but Nikola and Helen just have an altogether different relationship to what she and John had. As I said before, I think that friendship will only serve to strengthen their relationship and help its longevity. Friends first, lovers second. That way they'll never get bored with one another, because they always have that basis of friendship.

Read StargateGeek's 'The Troublemakers', that's how I invision their relationship to have been. Little moments, they were, In many shippers opinions, very close friends before the Five.
              LOL yes I love that fic! That's also how I imagine their relationship to have been like...

And LOL I love the visual aids to accompany the discussion. I could sit and stare at the pair of them all day.

thecolouryes: that's what I thought you meant, but I wasn't sure . It does suit her quite a bit. (Its also just a really beautiful name). Magnus is the face that launched a thousand ships then...hehe. Or at least stole the hearts of four men.
              I did wonder though whether it was just a coincidence, but Amanda seems to really adore Helen Mirren...??

Aww man, I was getting really excited reading these posts that I spilt tea all over my desk .

Comment

Just popping in quickly to say I'm off away for a week so won't (highly likely won't) be on the forum, as the place I'm staying has really crappy signal so won't be able to get an internet connection!

Will miss you all whilst I'm away

Xx Amy
                sigpic
                ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

OH NO! don't go amy! *cry*
                  Spoiler:
                  big news! http://www.londonexpo.com/guests/mediaguests/ i just found out! ^^ AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
                  I know I'm posting that everywhere but I'm seriously freaking out!!!!!!!!!! *SQUEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                  'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                  : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                  I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                  Indeed

Comment

It is so sad. I will never be able to meet him But I am happy for the others who are able to

"Both have been in relationships / trysts with other people - Helen's comment about lovers she's lost over the years, and Nikola's comment about being in love countless times but recognising it for what it is (although I do think Helen has always been his first true love in so many ways)."

Somehow I don´t buy his comment of beeing countless times in love, I think he just said that to not feeling unpleasant in front of Will. I guess in his younger years he only had is work in head and later in his eyes he saw only kids in the women he could be with. Not to forget he is a genius and genuisses are often strange regarding realationship things and I somehow really can not imagine that he feels attracted to some 30 or 40 year old "kid" with whom he could not even have some talk in his league. And I read that the real Tesla had never soem girlfriends, at least nothing is written about that. We know Magnus feels a little different, and has no problems with younger men, but thats not the point.
                    Do you think that he had at one point in his live a real realationship? And what about the aging thing and even worse the vampire thing. I mean how to explain that after 10 years he has gotten not one year older? And which normal women wouldn´t freak out if she figures out the truth?

Comment

Hey guys! Sorry I've been busy this week and also was on a technology fast for a day (pure torture, believe me!). Anyway, I have a couple of banners I want to make, I have some quotes, I just need to find time. Hopefully I will get those done soon.
                      Signature by Glitch33.
                      sigpic
                      Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
                        Hey guys! Sorry I've been busy this week and also was on a technology fast for a day (pure torture, believe me!). Anyway, I have a couple of banners I want to make, I have some quotes, I just need to find time. Hopefully I will get those done soon.
                        Can't wait to see them
                        sigpic
                        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                          He never made an physical advance? What was the scene where he sat on her bad for you? I think that was extreme flirting
                          I think by physical advance, they meant like trying to kiss her face off or 'bed her' LOL,

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
                          I agree! I don't doubt that Helen loved John, but Nikola and Helen just have an altogether different relationship to what she and John had. As I said before, I think that friendship will only serve to strengthen their relationship and help its longevity. Friends first, lovers second. That way they'll never get bored with one another, because they always have that basis of friendship.

LOL yes I love that fic! That's also how I imagine their relationship to have been like...

And LOL I love the visual aids to accompany the discussion. I could sit and stare at the pair of them all day.

thecolouryes: that's what I thought you meant, but I wasn't sure . It does suit her quite a bit. (Its also just a really beautiful name). Magnus is the face that launched a thousand ships then...hehe. Or at least stole the hearts of four men.
                          I did wonder though whether it was just a coincidence, but Amanda seems to really adore Helen Mirren...??

Aww man, I was getting really excited reading these posts that I spilt tea all over my desk .
                          'Friends first, lovers second' like in Friends with Chandler and Monica!! I think to have a good long lasting relationship, the people need to be good friends IMHO
                          That fic is EPIC!!
                          Maybe the Helen Mirren thing isn't a coincidence *ponders*, that's one to ask AT on Tapping Tuesdays!!

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                          It is so sad. I will never be able to meet him But I am happy for the others who are able to

Somehow I don´t buy his comment of beeing countless times in love, I think he just said that to not feeling unpleasant in front of Will.
                          You might get to meet him!! Never lose hope!!
                          I agree, I don't think he would have been in Love THAT many times, and even if he was, Helen was and still is his one tru love! That's soo romantic, isn't it!
                          sigpic
                          I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                          Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
                            OH NO! don't go amy! *cry*
                            Spoiler:
                            big news! http://www.londonexpo.com/guests/mediaguests/ i just found out! ^^ AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
                            I know I'm posting that everywhere but I'm seriously freaking out!!!!!!!!!! *SQUEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*
                            Oh, I see how it is... He'll go to a London Expo Comic Con all the way across the pond, but can't make it for one measly little Dragon Con, hm? Real classy, Mr. Young. Classy.

Just kidding! I wouldn't trade the panels we had for anything in the world. Though I do hope JY comes next year. He'd make a lovely addition to our little dragonlet fandom hearts!

Am I right, or am I right?

*gasp* he would TOTALLY rock a steampunk costume! Do you suppose if we all wrote him and asked him to a) come to D*Con period, and b) come in steampunk, he actually would?

I'm an evil little fangirl. As are we all...

Comment

Oh, I see how it is... He'll go to a London Expo Comic Con all the way across the pond, but can't make it for one measly little Dragon Con, hm? Real classy, Mr. Young. Classy.

Just kidding! I wouldn't trade the panels we had for anything in the world. Though I do hope JY comes next year. He'd make a lovely addition to our little dragonlet fandom hearts!

*gasp* he would TOTALLY rock a steampunk costume! Do you suppose if we all wrote him and asked him to a) come to D*Con period, and b) come in steampunk, he actually would?

Okay, if he did do that I would totally fly all the way to America from Aus just to see it! I don't care that I'm just a poor student, JY is worth it!!

At least Amanda is coming to Australia... feed my fangirl needs.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post

LOL, I didn't even know he went to ANY convo's, so it's all good! And yeah, he should go to dragoncon or comic con too, with the rest of the cast!

Hmmm, steampunk costume..... that would be strange LOL, cause we're just so used to seeing him in suits and stuff

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
                                Okay, if he did do that I would totally fly all the way to America from Aus just to see it! I don't care that I'm just a poor student, JY is worth it!!

At least Amanda is coming to Australia... feed my fangirl needs.
                                I think people in Aussie land are sorta lucky in a way, they get a lot more official conventions!
                                I so wanna fly to the US, go to one of the major cons with tons of actors...THAT would be epic! But, alas, I have no money!

PICSPAM

sigpic
                                Indeed

Comment

Working...
                                X