This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
    "We ended with a bit of a cliffhanger at the end of the first season," Sanctuary's Amanda Tapping tells us, "and this first part of this season is really dark. It's darker and edgier, and we're dealing with a force that could potentially destroy Sanctuary, so there's a huge edge to it. I think we'll see a lot more of the dark, angry side of [my character] Helen Magnus in the first part of the season." Adds Robin Dunne, "There's some heavy stuff in the two-hour opener that I think fans are really going to be blown away by. This adhesive that keeps them all together, this belief, gets rattled a little bit."

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...ng_on_her.html
    I dont see it

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      Yay! for Ryan but total reservations about the additions

I actually hated most of AM's stories in SG-1, whilst I found the premise of the stories intriguing I felt that the execution of them sucked majorly. I realise this could have been from rewrites from other staff but if he comes up with good ideas hopefully the rest of the writing staff will make sure the awful plot hole ridden dreck of SG-1 isn't repeated.

As for adding another character to the cast, lets hope she fits in better than InvisiGirl
      Let's face it. He didn't have much to work with in those seasons and he was the new kid on the block. I have a feeling he had very little influence in the writers' room.

I thought his scripts did get a lot better in Season 10 and especially in SGA. As with all writers, you have hits and misses. Some of his earlier episodes were pretty bad and had major plot holes like Insiders, OTG, Stronghold. But he also wrote some really creative and solid eps too (IMO) like Line in the Sand, TRNT, Tabula Rasa, and The Queen. In fact, his Season 4-5 SGA episodes have been quite good for the most part.

I just have a feeling he and Damian will work well together. I'm also not really surprised that Sam Egan has left the show. I did enjoy his eps, but I never felt they fit in with the show as it was originally envisioned. Although very well-written, his scripts sometimes seemed more like generic sci-fi formula shows to me.

BTW - it seems Invisigirl returns in the season opener, but it is sort of nice to know that she will probably not be sticking around for long. I was worried in the finale when Will invited her to stay. I was almost shocked to see the new actress/character announced and it wasn't her.

I will have to wait and see if Kate fits in better, but it is strange how much she sounds like Vala. Add to that the fact that Damian created the Vala character and... it does worry me a bit.

Perhaps my worry is for nothing and she will fit right in and I will love her. One can only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
        Its great that Ryan has been promoted to regular, Henry was a nice surprise as a character in season 1. Also great that a site like E! has posted about the show.
        That is just awesome I was hoping he would since the first ep finished
        Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
        ---
        sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by parsifal
          "We ended with a bit of a cliffhanger at the end of the first season," Sanctuary's Amanda Tapping tells us, "and this first part of this season is really dark. It's darker and edgier, and we're dealing with a force that could potentially destroy Sanctuary, so there's a huge edge to it. I think we'll see a lot more of the dark, angry side of [my character] Helen Magnus in the first part of the season." Adds Robin Dunne, "There's some heavy stuff in the two-hour opener that I think fans are really going to be blown away by. This adhesive that keeps them all together, this belief, gets rattled a little bit."
          I so cant wait for season 2 sweet i'm itching to watch it
          sigpic
          (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post

that's a very enticing scoop that makes me even more excited about season 2!!
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
              There's the casting spoilers from today's press release. The main page on GW has an article about it.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...second-season/

I'm happy about Ryan Robbins becoming a regular on the show and I'm really looking forward to Alan McCullough joining the writing staff since I enjoyed most of his SG-1 and SGA episodes. I'm not sure what to think about the new character being added to the cast. She sounds a lot like a Vala-type character to me and that worries me. It could end up being a good thing or a bad thing depending on how the character is used.

Guess I'll just have to wait until October to see how she fits in.
              i recognize alan's name (from joe's blog), but i can't remember any eps he's done for sg1 or atlantis. anyone want to give examples?

i'm also a bit unsure about this new character, especially when she sounds so vala-like (not a fan of the vala character really), but... i have confidence that the sanct ptb can write this character well and can side-step the blaring plot holes that the stargate ptb wrote with vala.

well see.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                Let's face it. He didn't have much to work with in those seasons and he was the new kid on the block. I have a feeling he had very little influence in the writers' room.

I thought his scripts did get a lot better in Season 10 and especially in SGA. As with all writers, you have hits and misses. Some of his earlier episodes were pretty bad and had major plot holes like Insiders, OTG, Stronghold. But he also wrote some really creative and solid eps too (IMO) like Line in the Sand, TRNT, Tabula Rasa, and The Queen. In fact, his Season 4-5 SGA episodes have been quite good for the most part.
                thanks for answering my question on what alan wrote.

I just have a feeling he and Damian will work well together. I'm also not really surprised that Sam Egan has left the show. I did enjoy his eps, but I never felt they fit in with the show as it was originally envisioned. Although very well-written, his scripts sometimes seemed more like generic sci-fi formula shows to me.
                i didn't know sam left the show. what were some of sam egan's sanct esp?

I will have to wait and see if Kate fits in better, but it is strange how much she sounds like Vala. Add to that the fact that Damian created the Vala character and... it does worry me a bit.

Perhaps my worry is for nothing and she will fit right in and I will love her. One can only hope.
                i love this. look how different we are with the sanct ptb than the stargate ones... i became so used to not only expecting worst case scenario, but getting it, whereas with the sanct ptb, we're still 'able' to give them the benefit of the doubt.

(((stargate ptb)))
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  i didn't know sam left the show. what were some of sam egan's sanct esp?
                  It was in the GW article I think. He wrote "Folding Man," "Nubbins," and "Edward."

They were all solid episodes and I did like them, but I just felt they were a bit more formulaic than Damian's episodes. I could really tell that someone besides Damian had written these eps when I watched them. They just had a different feel to them.

Comment

Its slow again
                    The official site could post some new stuff!
                    A photoshoot would be cool !
                    I need something!

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                      Its slow again
                      I need something!
                      i know...
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

I believe I read in the Samanda thread that At will direct the 6th ep of the season.
                        I think there might be a few spoilers or just little bits there but that thread is really hard to follow. To many off topic conversation and happy birthdays...

Comment

Its slow again
                          I need something!
                          Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          i know...
                          some shows just dont release a lot of information, especially so early in production.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                            some shows just dont release a lot of information, especially so early in production.
                            I understand but they have the blog and the news stuff. they could update that. This show is basically web based fans...they need to be diff. Even just little clips of you now... nothing...lol Hell filme the light dudes working on the set, or covering stuff in green. Pics of the actors on stage. It doesnt have to be spoilers.
                            If I worked on a show like this I'd have one person full time just filming stuff and taking pics.

I weekly diary would be really cool.

Comment

I understand but they have the blog and the news stuff. they could update that. This show is basically web based fans...they need to be diff. Even just little clips of you now... nothing...lol Hell filme the light dudes working on the set, or covering stuff in green. Pics of the actors on stage. It doesnt have to be spoilers.
                              If I worked on a show like this I'd have one person full time just filming stuff and taking pics.

I weekly diary would be really cool.
                              Considering their really tight budget and how busy they are I think those are unrealistic expectations.
                              -

Comment

Not really, think about it. it could be anyone.
                                1hour each with a cam. How much does it take. Actors do "nothing" but wait while the crew works. They could do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X